MO - Six Mohler family members for child sex crimes, Bates City 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The church takes seriously the allegations that have been made and has suspended the priesthood licenses of three lay ministers: Burrell Mohler Sr., David Mohler, and Jared Mohler. Lay ministers are volunteers who do not receive compensation for their service or ministry from the Community of Christ.

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-mohler-lay-ministers-111109,0,2805264.story

This article to me seems all about backpedaling.........and they are trying to distance themselves from the Mohler's.

THIS is very telling to me.

Fairy, Are you commenting on the fact that they were volunteers, or that the church allows unpaid volunteers to work? Could you clarify? Thanks:)

I tried to make it clear in my post that, while I practice that now, nothing about my early sexual experimentation and discovery and practice (age 12 through my late 20s) was about self-control or self-sacrifice for others. It was all about doing what I wanted to do because it made me feel good.

Luckily, my proclivities weren't towards children. But I can't pretend I would have been a beacon of restraint and self-control if they had been. I can only look back and think "there but for the grace of God...."

I personally would be a fraud if I didn't admit an empathy towards anyone who must always hurt a child in order to satisfy their sexual inclination.

That was the point I was trying to make, kiki. Just trying to be honest.

And I tried to make it clear there need to be some LIMITS!! Like Pavlovian's bell, there is no doubt there are people who have trained and conditioned themselves to get their jollies from inflicting ritualistic torture and even death upon others... we're supposed to have empathy for their plight too I suppose. The bottom line is that a vast majority of these offenders meditate on this stuff day and night fueling and fanning the flames of their sick twisted urges, and then go out and act out their fantasies... they are not and were not teens anyway (nor does that matter) nor are they "powerless" to control their urges, the devastation to others just doesn't matter to them. I guess there is just no price too high for others to pay for their selfish gratification. Gee I appreciate the honesty but I'd be a fraud if I didn't say this is a clear case of misplaced sympathy!

:parrot:

I have a question. Paximus, you might know this. I just started a thread about a perp here in Oregon who got 50 years for raping his two toddlers. His original bail was set at 13.9 million. I've wondered, as many have, why the bail is so low on the six perps in Missouri. I understand that it's a cash bail. But, if one of them looked as if he was going to bail, could the prosecutors run back to the judge and get the bail raised? Just wondering. I'm greatly worried about the safety of the victims.

Alleged victims, excuse me.

The prosecution could certainly try but it is very unlikely the judge would change the bail under the circumstances you mention, IF the prosecutor had some sort of evidence that the person was planning to flee or harm a witness or something he could certainly file a motion and argue that point and the court would either agree or reject the argument depending on the evidence.

But if he just wanted to get out and was ready to post bail, there is no chance the judge would suddenly change his mind and raise it higher unless he had cause to do so.

And I tried to make it clear there need to be some LIMITS!! Like Pavlovian's bell, there is no doubt there are people who have trained and conditioned themselves to get their jollies from inflicting ritualistic torture and even death upon others... we're supposed to have empathy for their plight too I suppose. The bottom line is that a vast majority of these offenders meditate on this stuff day and night fueling and fanning the flames of their sick twisted urges, and then go out and act out their fantasies... they are not and were not teens anyway (nor does that matter) nor are they "powerless" to control their urges, the devastation to others just doesn't matter to them. I guess there is just no price too high for others to pay for their selfish gratification. Gee I appreciate the honesty but I'd be a fraud if I didn't say this is a clear case of misplaced sympathy!

:parrot:

We will have to agree to disagree on this issue! I have sympathy for every soul on this Earth, bar none. For me, that has always been the most powerful response to evil.

We will have to agree to disagree on this issue! I have sympathy for every soul on this Earth, bar none. I think that's the most powerful response to evil.

Ive been studying Buddhism for many years now and thats the one thing I take from that particular religion, compassion for all human suffering.

My kids will tell you that I'm known for my "sayings" and truisms. One of my all time faves:

Sympathy says, "Oh, I'm so sorry". Compassion says, "How can I help?".

You can love humanity all you want.

It is not up to us to judge. It is up to God. Fortunately, we don't have to decide.

People do have free will. So they can choose to do good or evil.

To satisfy their own evil inclinations means I have no empathy for them. What's to empathize with?

If we don't have free will, then I guess we have chaos as every action is OK.

Many, many things have been written on this topic over centuries.

I am sure we have all done things we know are wrong. But we chose that wrong because we wanted to for whatever reason.

We don't need empathy for wrong choice. We get punishment either from natural consequences of the action or from society. (Ex. Drink and drive. Crash into a tree. Become a paraplegic. Or get caught and go to jail.)

We do not need, "Oooh, Sorry you made a bad choice. You didn't mean to. Have some ice cream to make you feel better ."

I think that's how you end up with Philip Garrido.

thanks suziQ... on fox4kc I have scratchy sound and static.. how bout you?

Darrel has been arrested!

This was per a reporter before the presser.

Nurse, I'm on KCTV and it's doing some strange fluttering thing.

Larry Kidd being released from custody

He's been cooperating and that's why he's been released.

Can't find Darrel. Same charges as the others.

Mr Kidd was picked up based on a tip through tipline and he's now been released.

Can't comment about evidence taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members