FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
RUMOR THEORY OPINION RUMOR THEORY OPINION

I wonder if there was evidence on her body that she'd been buried.

ETA:
That still doesn't justify the heavy digging equipment.

Same with digging for murder weapon or evidence. IMO anyway. If it was evidence you were looking for you'd have a little digging machine of some kind, I'd think.

Being the FBI agent that I am (not!) but wouldn't they be more careful in digging to find any trace evidence, like the perp dropping their cell phone? If only!

Mom didnt think anything about the call, except strange that I would give her number instead of cell so she didnt do the caller ID thing. No worries everyone.. but thanks to all

you guys amaze me with how caring most of you are..

Could be a reporter? Or one of the crazy people posting on the newspaper website comments. One person was looking up peoples driving records etc if they had attached there facebook link

The only reason I can see is to find a weapon. Even to search the septic and pipes wouldnt require those big diggers, would it? Unless it was all a show. Did anyone see them actually digging?

Good point.

Was all that for show and the real investigation was going on somewhere else?

Baffling.

Being the FBI agent that I am (not!) but wouldn't they be more careful in digging to find any trace evidence, like the perp dropping their cell phone? If only!

LOL
I had edited my post to say as much but was not fast enough!

Heavy digging equipment just doesn't make sense to me.

Another thing. I am always doing things that people point out. I'm freaking out because I can't find something and it's right next to me or a million examples of things I do that I can't remember right now.

The perp who did this crime didn't plan it, I don't think.

I think in the frenzy of it, they wouldn't be thinking clearly.

They must have left a ton of evidence unwittingly.

I just hope LE knows who it is and is waiting for what?

Exactly! Why would they, unless they are looking for the murder weapon such as a crow bar, but then do you need digging equipment?

How far can someone dig, and then the soil would have been disturbed anyway. Probably not that hard to dig in.

If it's concrete, that sets up quickly enough that I think that you would need a jack hammer to break it up, or what is the thing called that has a digger thing in front. Then they could lift up the concrete.

Anyone want to sell Girl Scout cookies at the Gano house? Check it out? (lol)

BBM: Not me said the big tailed Chee.....

I can't believe that they would spend all of that time and money making a fake investigation scene. Money is so tight nowadays, I just can't see it.

My hubby is in construction. I'll ask him what he thinks, if he's still talking to me since I am a WS addict.

Good point.

Was all that for show and the real investigation was going on somewhere else?

Baffling.

The days I have been there you couldnt get near it. LE was there each and every time, across the street in the park parking lot. But i did zoom my camera as close as I could and I couldnt see any signs that there was any digging, but I guess they could have compressed it back down. Even the dumpster didnt appear to be moved.

Another thing. I am always doing things that people point out. I'm freaking out because I can't find something and it's right next to me or a million examples of things I do that I can't remember right now.

The perp who did this crime didn't plan it, I don't think.

I think in the frenzy of it, they wouldn't be thinking clearly.

They must have left a ton of evidence unwittingly.

I just hope LE knows who it is and is waiting for what?

They're waiting for him to strike again so they can say - his prints match the ones found on Somer. That's the way it appears IMO.

I can't believe that they would spend all of that time and money making a fake investigation scene. Money is so tight nowadays, I just can't see it.

My hubby is in construction. I'll ask him what he thinks, if he's still talking to me since I am a WS addict.

Maybe the media just got it wrong again and they were not digging?

ETA:
That still doesn't justify the heavy digging equipment.

Same with digging for murder weapon or evidence. IMO anyway. If it was evidence you were looking for you'd have a little digging machine of some kind, I'd think.

It justifies it if they didn't find all of her.

I won't be sleeping tonight after thinking that.

~snipped from firstcoastnews~

Just after 11:30 p.m. Thursday, crews brought in a digging machine from the State Fire Marshal's Office to dig on various parts of the property and to lift heavy objects, according to officials.

At this point they had found Somer. Was it really necessary to bring in this equipment this late at night and start digging? What wouldn't still be there in the morning?

Could it be as simple as fresh dirt prompted the digging?

lawn sprinklers, pipes, blood, wedding ring, sanitary napkin , poo,pee, flush drugs ?

SADNPOD::::::

I was just catching up on the thread...and I have also been keeping up with the Jacksonville news site to read the comments on stories on there.

Last night as I did this, I noticed someone bi#ching about the WS site and mentioned your screenname....maybe that is where all of the unwanted attn is coming from.....

I am off to find it, and will list it soon.

I asked hubby who is NOT a backhoe operator, but he said a pro can feel if soil has been disturbed. He said that it takes a long time for soil to compact back to a compacted state.

I guess they can feel it with the bucket.

He was wondering if there had been excavation there at the site, and they wanted to see what it was all about. He said , "Can you imagine how much a backhoe can dig in an hour?"

He feels that it could be something from a past crime. He said stuff can go deep into the soil depending on what kind of soil it is.

He thought maybe money-paper money because it wouldn't show up with a metal detector or evidence of a meth lab-digging for soil samples.

I looked on line at the newspapers that I could about the cause of the fire at Gano. I couldn't find anything. Where I live, the newspaper always has a report on a fire at a house. Maybe there was a meth lab there, but then you would think it would have been reported as such.

So that's my big report. He couldn't figure out why they would dig. Maybe when he sleeps on it. All he could think was that Somer saw something she shouldn't have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark