MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I personally hope you will help with this "stuff"
How many different ways could they plead?

I am also wondering why there is no record of a ruling on the motion for immediate hospitalization?

Ive been wondering the same thing.

Basically, tomorrow you'll find out the course the defense will take based on their pleading. So, lots of stuff for discussion here.

IMO..this is what i THINK will come out today..this is just a big guess ofcorse..but i seem to think since they're gonna tell what "way" they are gonna go,the defense that is,maybe they'll tell just "why" she did what she did,,AB that is,,i just cant wrap my head around "i wanted to know what it felt like". if she killed,then won't she also lie? maybe, she said it because she was scared of letting the real reason out? i dont know. that statement she made just dont set right with me for some reason. personaly, i don't think they'll go for the "insanity" plea.what they DO go with,,i have absolutely no idea. i guess i'll have to wait for the people that attend to let us know what happened. good luck to ya people.

Yeah, I'm ready. I have my purse all cleaned out (it needed that!) I have to leave my phone, camera and IPod at work (it also has a camera). I've got my notebook to take notes, and my pink ribbons to show support for Elizabeth.

I am actually all caught up at work.... for the moment.... hopefully it will stay that way until I leave and won't be too bad when I get back.

I'm not going to be able to make it today, Jodibug. Had something come up unexpectedly... Sorry to miss it.

We've beat this to death... it is ONLY NON-LETHAL crimes. We've had several other lawyers explain it to us that way... Good observation!

Sorry to bring this up again if it was beat to death, but I wasn't active in the thread when this was solved. This conclusion isn't necessarily true. We don't know how the Supreme Court will hold in these cases.

The Supreme Court could hold that LWOP for minors is a violation of the constitution under all circumstances. This would be a broad holding, but its certainly possible.

Anyway, while those cases are certainly distinguishable, they still will have an effect on the AB cases.

I'm leaving now.... AND... I am taking my phone. No reason not to if they are allowing camera's in the courtroom.

I'm leaving now.... AND... I am taking my phone. No reason not to if they are allowing camera's in the courtroom.

Cant wait to hear back from you.

Anyone else found any "media" on todays hearing ? Im not finding hardly anything.

Darn!! I wanted to see what they had to say!

SORRY! I am an idiot! I opened KRCG website and just saw it was cancelled but didn't read the article! It is NOT cancelled. My bad!!!!!!

PLEASE FORGIVE ME!:banghead::banghead:

I'm back at work. Alyssa was in the courtroom for about a minute. Wearing a green Cole Co Jail jumpsuit and full shackles. Jan King waives formal arraingment and pled not guilty. Next status hearing is Feb 16th at 9am.

CSquare and I sat two rows behind Patty (Elizabeth's mother). Vickie Olten was also inthe courtroom. I did not see Alyssa's family there this time.... but I honestly forgot to look for them until we left and CSquare asked me if I saw them. I don't think they were there, but don't hold me to it.

One other thing... Judge Joyce asked if Mr King wanted to be heard on any motions today and he answered "no".

Nothing mentioned about the hospitalization request.

AB reminds me of Jasmine Richardson. So similar in their online personas etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaid28