VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be a silly question and maybe has been posted and isnt standing out in my mind, Who reported Kelly missing? Who was the first person to notice her missing? and how did they become aware of her not being where she was suppossed to be? ...

That's not a silly question at all, Soulmagent. I don't think we've ever been told who first reported Kelly missing. I was under the impression that it was several of her coworkers.

What I'd like to know in addition to this is:

1. What does the interior of BPA look like? Is a big open area or a series of enclosed spaces for individuals?
2. Did Kelly have her own cubicle or her own work space, or did she work in a large open area?
3. If she worked in a cubicle, could someone overhear her phone conversations in an adjoining cubicle?
4. Could other workers see if someone spoke with her or stopped by her cubicle/workspace before Kelly left the floor or building?
5. If there is no receptionist in the lobby (and I understand the lobby is often empty), who saw Kelly as she ran past the lobby windows?
6. Who saw her run toward the river?
7. It appears there are multiple floors at BPA. What floor did she work on? And if it was a high floor, did someone see her coming down the stairs? Did she look troubled? Was she running?
8. Did anyone see her in the parking lot? Was there anyone else in the parking lot? We there unknown cars in the lot? (This is a relatively small company, hence someone might recognize an unfamiliar vehicle.)

I could go on and on. Still many questions go unanswered. I just hope and hope that someday we have answers to it all.

Hi! Thought I would introduce myself. I've been following the posts on this site regarding Kelly so I finally decided to join. Don't have a lot to offer but when we were teenagers Kelly and I played softball together in PA. She was the pitcher and I was the catcher--that's the reason behind my name. We played together for about 5 years. I was happy to see that she is still playing ball. she was an absolutely phenomenol player and a great sport. I haven't seen or been in touch with her for like 20 or so years but I've seen several fliers about her over the past week and I just can't believe it. What amazed me more than anything is that she looks EXACTLY like she did when she was 15. Same hair, same smile, everything. Unreal. Then as I read through the posts I realized that her personality sounds the same too. So many people change over the years as they grow up but Kelly was always such a happy person. When you hear that she has a close family, it's an understatement. Her sister, Lori, was my coach and I went to school with her cousins Jody and Jeff. They are an extremely close, loving family. My heart is just aching for all of them and for all of those that love her. Anyway, I probably won't have much insight since it's been so long, but I will say, based on what I know about her and her family, and the fact that she still sounds like basically the same person, I can absolutely not believe suicide plays a role in this.

That's not a silly question at all, Soulmagent. I don't think we've ever been told who first reported Kelly missing. I was under the impression that it was several of her coworkers.

1. What does the interior of BPA look like? Is a big open area or a series of enclosed spaces for individuals?
2. Did Kelly have her own cubicle or her own work space, or did she work in a large open area?
3. If she worked in a cubicle, could someone overhear her phone conversations in an adjoining cubicle?
4. Could other workers see if someone spoke with her or stopped by her cubicle/workspace before Kelly left the floor or building?
5. If there is no receptionist in the lobby (and I understand the lobby is often empty), who saw Kelly as she ran past the lobby windows?
7. It appears there are multiple floors at BPA. What floor did she work on? And if it was a high floor, did someone see her coming down the stairs? Did she look troubled? Was she running?
8. Did anyone see her in the parking lot? Was there anyone else in the parking lot? We there unknown cars in the lot? (This is a relatively small company, hence someone might recognize an unfamiliar vehicle.)

I could go on and on. Still many questions go unanswered. I just hope and hope that someday we have answers to it all.
I believe if you go back to one of the videos from a news channel, it shows one of the reports at Kelly's work station. Maybe it's WTVC but I don't recall right off although it is listed on this site. She was not in a cubicle...looked more like a metal table area. I will try to find the video and re-post the link.

I believe Kelly's co-workers/managers reported Kelly missing after searching for her. She had mentioned to other co-workers, from my understanding, that she was going for a walk. I guess she had been gone for some time and someone from her job tried to call her cell phone to find out where she was. She did not answer. From there the employees, not sure how many, went to look for her and found did not find her. At some point, reportedly 4 hours later, they called police to report her missing. The police as well as some of the co-workers searched her and I suppose after that they contacted family in PA.

At 1:38 in the clip the guy talking says Kelly told a group of people she was going for a walk.
(to me that implies she cared to let people know what she was doing) That means that group of people knew she was going out of the building.
Why would Kelly go on a unplanned walk after she made plans to go on one at 1130?
Was the walk planned for 1030 instead? I also want to point out the fact that that clip said she had only been going on these walks with these 2 guys for a "couple of weeks"
That is a fairly new routine. How did these walks come about?

I seriously doubt she would alert someone that she was going for a walk if she was going to commit suicide.

Okay, let me see if I can help. Sorry this may be long winded again, but please hang in there with me.

Belting out is right that the President of BPA (gentleman with mustache) was standing out side of A workstation. It is a welding area where there are blue "curtains" to protect eyes and sparking. To be honest, I don't think I could recognize who's station that was, there are several welders. They have to be careful what they say or do, they are a business with very high profile well known customers. Legalities tie their hands, of that I can be certain.

To answer your questions to the best of my ability:

The office interior is an open concept, very European and is only one level with lots of cubicles, few offices, one conference room where a door can be closed, but other conference areas that are cubicle like. There are several windows, but depending on where you are at the time, what you are working on and your focus, you may not be apt to pay attention to what is going on outside. To be honest, if I was still there, I am not sure I would have noticed anything out of the ordinary. = ( With that being said, Kelly is a welder and does not have a cubicle, she is out in the Manufacturing shop. So hopefully that answers a few of the other questions.

Her "running" toward the river was news to me, in talking with different people, no one ever mentioned that, so not sure who reported that, but I do understand she was training for a marathon. Kelly is an athletic person as you have heard testimonies of and as a competitive person, we are some what regarded, we, I hate to say can put up really good fronts. CiV is right and I believe her, being family is one thing, being in a relationship is another. You really don't know what someone is like until you live with them and I mean LIVE with them. I however still hold the belief she did not harm herself and I pray to God above that I am right and she is still ok and we will find her soon.

As for the Reception area, unless things have changed since I was there, the Receptionist has the ability to answer the phones in any part of the building and is asked to do many tasks. As I stated before, that person could have been on break and someone else in the building could have been answering the phones at their desk instead of Reception since they have the ability to transfer the switchboard to any desk.

As for the two gentlemen that she was going to walk with at lunch that day like she had been doing for I believe a couple of weeks, knowing them as well as I do, they are VERY protective and big brotherly type, if you will, to the women there. I can tell you that they are as perplexed as we are, or so they were the last conversation I had. They are quite the dependable type. Hope that helps, my opinion, they have nothing to do with this than be stunned like the rest of us.

When I was there, we were all a pretty tight knit group, had a lot of fun while getting our jobs done. You knew everybody, there is not a lot of turn over there, so yes, Kelly was there for 8 years, but you also need to understand the company only has about 75-80 employees now. The economy has been tough on everyone. If she had a problem with someone, I cannot fathom her not having that dealt with.

As for her work; Kelly to me was very tenacious and wanted to get to a good stopping point before heading off to break. So I suspect, she completed her task before going to the next, especially if she told several of the guys in the shop she was heading out. That's not unusual either since a lot of the jobs coincide with one another.

I wonder if CiV will agree with me when I say that Kelly has a very straight posture, she holds herself up high. Kind of reminds you of someone walking with a book on her head and as a matter of fact, she used to balance a ream of copy paper on her head. = ) When she walks, she kind of has a small bounce, like walking on the balls of your feet. She is energetic, with a wonderful smile and with a great since of humor. You have to have that working in the enviroment that she does. I also know that quite a few guys in the shop were very fond of her and I don't mean in a creepy way, like really liked her as a human being and very accepting of a female being a welder. They liked to take her pictures of her and CiV off of her tool box, at first not too happy about that, but then shrugged it off with an "Oh well, what are you going to do?" and then smile. Not sure that it was done maliciously, but guys can be guys, two women; need I say more?

I have been talking, writing, calling lots of people to spread the word out, but there are still sooooooo many people who have never heard this story. If you don't watch the news regularly you are going to miss these stories. We know more about celebrities than we need to, but someone missing, slightly mentioned then dismissed and we still hear about the celebrity for weeks. Really? Not good I say and I thank you for having this forum. I wish this was around when my father disappeared for several weeks.

Once again I want to conclude this segment (lol) with the usual; God Bless Kelly, her family and friends, and of course all of you. CiV, you're welcome, i still thank you for your insight. You were always nice to me when we were around each other. = )

An interesting point about men that she was working with or may have worked with in the past. And, I really hate to say it, but the 2 guys she had been recently walking with.

We've got these 2 guys and we've got Kelly asking various people lots of questions about the afterlife throughout the years and supposedly recently written thoughts in her journal.

We're these guys kind of having "come to Jesus" talks with Kelly - to abandon her lifestyle - kind of a hate the sin but not the sinner kind of thing? (Let me make it very clear that I do not have a problem with anyone's sexual orientation).

Who are these 2 guys and what are their religious backgrounds?

Sorry if I seem to be implying anything, but I think everyone connected with Kelly should be checked out thoroughly.

Still want to know if someone had been recently fired/let go or was someone out on a sick day or vacation day.

I seriously doubt she would alert someone that she was going for a walk if she was going to commit suicide.
you must have read my mind. I was thinking this the whole night and could not sleep (again) for running this through my head.

I wonder if CiV will agree with me when I say that Kelly has a very straight posture, she holds herself up high. Kind of reminds you of someone walking with a book on her head and as a matter of fact, she used to balance a ream of copy paper on her head. = ) When she walks, she kind of has a small bounce, like walking on the balls of your feet. She is energetic, with a wonderful smile and with a great since of humor.

This is an amazing description of Kelly's demeanor and stance. I thought I would comment on that since we're all trying to get as much detail out about Kelly's description as possible.

To add a little that I remembered about her...(I don't know her as well as a lot of folks here), but I'd say that her sense of humor is excellent and a little on the mild side (mild as in somewhat kind, or non-malicious). For comparison, her sense of humor came across to me in sort of a John Ritter or Ellen D. (not as sarcastic) way.

If I make a stupid yoga joke during class (and I mean bad puns and things like "raise your hand if you're feeling this"--and everyone is in Triangle pose with one arm already in the air), I can always look at Kelly and know she'll laugh.
A short example about her easy going sense of humor: I had a status update on Facebook one day about making pancakes. She responded in the comments that she made pancakes that morning, too, but that she had to nuke them in the microwave because the middles were soft. When she came to yoga the next day, we joked about it. She made fun of her cooking skills.

She always comes across to me as outgoing with a side of shyness.

So, all of the above, just for what it's worth. With childish hope, I daydreamed for a moment that Kelly was reading this and laughing about the way people are describing her.

Although the snow is beautiful this morning, I hate the idea of searches coming to a halt...

I too could not sleep last night thinking about this sad situation. So many questions.This is what was on my mind last night, Kelly told the neighbour that someone had been in her house, she thought it might be a co-worker who had copied her keys and had gone into her house and moved things around as a practical joke! I would feel so violated if I thought someone had been in my house snooping around, touching my "stuff"! I would also not think it was a joke, I would think I was working with a psycho and I would then definitely change my locks!

Okay, let me see if I can help. Sorry this may be long winded again, but please hang in there with me. ...

CfK, everytime you give us great detail, it helps us fill in missing pieces of this case we simply have not previously been privy to as well as gives us better insight into Kelly C. That stuff is invaluable. Thank you.

I talked with a friend who has been in contact with Joseph. I am quoting what she put in the email to me "He said they found nothing. Since the pic was taken in 2007 he said that area has changed, buildings and such".
For all we know this is a "bogus" psychic but right now I am glad that someone is willing to explore all avenues. I appreciate you Joseph and know that Kelly's family appreciates all that you are doing as well.

IMO...no comment was ever more true, in my mind.

I'm sure we can all be positive there's more info, I HOPE, which led to LE's, IMO, premature conclusion of "no foul play"....leaning toward suicide.
The whole "front door" thing STILL bothers me...as well as, the neighbor's info about the odd occurances, Kelly told her about, going on in the house.

I have yet to figure out how to do the "multiple post" thing, so bear with me. BUT....in Post #270, by "Another Neice", she goes into the whole door locking info and Kelly leaving/entering thru garage...so front and back doors WOULD be locked....in Post #512, CiV talks about a possibility that the front door being left open (unlocked), was because Kelly would be in a rush leaving for work, and it would be a reason the door was left unlocked...even though, she mentioned Kelly parked in the garage now and used THAT door. AND, LE and nephews locked it on that Friday, and it was open on Saturday....weird, to me. NOT, towards CiV, but just the door being unlocked, since, as her niece mentioned....she didn't use the front door when rushing out to work, anymore. Does anyone recall, when LE/nephews arrived on that Friday, if the doors were found locked or unlocked??

I AM IN NO WAY, SHAPE OR FORM casting doubt on ANYONE or questioning their innocence or involvement. I'm just trying to figure out some, IMO, of the more bizarre occurances/details in this case that are still buggin' me.

I talked with a friend who has been in contact with Joseph. I am quoting what she put in the email to me "He said they found nothing. Since the pic was taken in 2007 he said that area has changed, buildings and such".
For all we know this is a "bogus" psychic but right now I am glad that someone is willing to explore all avenues. I appreciate you Joseph and know that Kelly's family appreciates all that you are doing as well.

I don't know Joseph, but he appears to be a very good man. He was out there again and again right from the beginning trying to find Kelly C. and it sounds as if he continues in the search.

As for the psychic, she hasn't had much to offer at all. The turning point for me was when she said Kelly'd be found on Wednesday, and when that didn't happen she said, "i didn't say THIS Wednesday." Okie dokie ...

I'm wondering if LE has discussed with the family any of the details that lead them to their conclusions about suicide?? I'm hoping it wasn't just her discussions/interest in the life after death, etc.

Again, IMO, and experience....I just don't see - or want to believe - Kelly harming herself because of the coming "anniversary". I'm not her...or don't know her at all...but, seems she obviously was making a "clean break"...even cutting off, sadly, communication with CiV's mom.
I give Kelly A LOT of credit for being strong enough to do that, and not having any contact "what so ever" with CiV since then. Lord knows how hard that is....for all involved.
In MY experience, and I'm not Kelly, I could never really cut ties "totally", if I was still deeply saddened by a breakup.....especially if it were enough to supposedly commit suicide over an anniversary. I would have that "friend" or family member to have some sort of way to catch up...or hear they're miserable without me...LOL
I had a pretty bad breakup after 5 years living together and 5 years of marriage...I just wanted to say that, even being together for 10 years with that person...your family has lived with you 30 years of your life...I just trust and hope and agree with Kelly's family, that this just doesn't feel like a suicide.
All just IMO.

I don't know Joseph, but he appears to be a very good man. He was out there again and again right from the beginning trying to find Kelly C. and it sounds as if he continues in the search.

As for the psychic, she hasn't had much to offer at all. The turning point for me was when she said Kelly'd be found on Wednesday, and when that didn't happen she said, "i didn't say THIS Wednesday." Okie dokie ...
I agree and of course have talked to family members of Kelly's who say they are not using her. The psychic is just saying that police are. My friend should be talking to Joseph again regarding helping him search, what he found (if he found anything), etc etc and as soon as I know, I will post. Last I heard from Kelly's family, NOTHING has come to light and they continue the search hoping for positive results, as we all are.

This is so frustrating because we don't know for sure if Kelly actually told the neighbour that someone had been in her house, does anyone know if this is a reliable source?

This is so frustrating because we don't know for sure if Kelly actually told the neighbour that someone had been in her house, does anyone know if this is a reliable source?
according to media, the neighbor said that Kelly had mentioned a few months back, that she thought someone had been in her house, moved some things around, etc. CinVA has talked to the neighbors so she might have more insight on this question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teemariee