Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:laugh:
Thank you Liz - I went to find a link and got lost reading all kinds of other stuff. Forgot what I was doing :)

Salem

You're welcome, Salem! :) That's easy to do in the Jury Room - so many interesting topics there!

Just so the newbies don't go on a wild goose chase ... the countdown thread was moved from the Jury Room and into the Game Room quite some time back. ;)

Salem, Liz...thanks so much for the info! Finally got my 50 posts playing a name game, lol. Truly appreciate you both helping out us newbs :)

Salem, Liz...thanks so much for the info! Finally got my 50 posts playing a name game, lol. Truly appreciate you both helping out us newbs :)

Happy to be of help, Hopeful! :)

For other newbies wanting to get your post count up, the Countdown Thread is probably the fastest way because (IIRC) you can post every 30 seconds! All it is is counting backwards. (it's not as easy as it sounds, but they're quite forgiving in there. ;))

The Mom has been telling everyone that she is broke and cannot afford the funeral (so a fund has been set up) yet she lives in Eagle Rock a very exclusive area of Wenatchee, drives a big new SUV and recently purchased a new truck for her boyfriend (or ex boyfriend depending on who I ask) from the Wenatchee GMC dealer don't know if it was before or after her daughter went missing.

Another oddity was a local, well know and well liked snowmobiler was lost, the day after MC went missing. Instead of looking for her daughter Mom drove to the command area where they were assembling teams to search for the missing snowmobiler (in the Colockum area which is basically in the middle of nowhere) she did not go to express her condolences but to harass the searchers and family and take photos of the searchers with her cell phone camera, because she felt there were more people searching for him than her daughter. She did this on more than one occasion, much to the consternation of the family and friends who were searching for the snowmobiler.

Tips trickle in as police investigate cell phone angle in Cowell case

0210_loc-missing_t310.jpg

cell_phone_t310.jpg

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/27/tips-trickle-in-as-police-investigate-cell-phone/

Please stay on topic, posters.

Off-topic posts are against TOS.

Thanks,

Hoppy

Do any local young people know if teens have a tendency to frequent vacant houses for the sake of partying? It does seem strange that on a Tuesday night when she had pending plans that she would risk being late and attend a party? That doesn't add up. I think it all comes back to her AUNT who stated that MAC told her she was meeting up with someone when she was leaving the salon. So being at the dock sounds like it was a scheduled meeting. The fact that nobody can confirm what she was doing at this "meeting" leads to speculation that is PROBABLY was something she wanted to keep quiet from friends/boyfriend, etc. The obvious would be another guy or a drug deal. Again, from all accounts she was a sweet wonderful trustworthy girl. But begin peeling back the layers of an onion and sometimes the truth stings.

The park/boat dock in question is not extremely confined. There is a great deal of traffic, especially during that time of day. People are putting boats in the water, having lunch, and walking. The place in question is on the back side of several businesses. While it is not a constant high traffic area, it is not the concealed hideaway that would be convenient for a crime to take place. I would deduce that while it is possible, it is highly unlikely that she was forcefully abducted from this area. She most likely picked someone up or got into a car under her own free will.

There are many empty houses and commercial buildings in the area. To the best of my knowledge, all buildings are spread out around the valley. I would think that if an abandoned house was being used for illicit activities someone would report it. It is still possible.

The Mom has been telling everyone that she is broke and cannot afford the funeral (so a fund has been set up) yet she lives in Eagle Rock a very exclusive area of Wenatchee, drives a big new SUV and recently purchased a new truck for her boyfriend (or ex boyfriend depending on who I ask) from the Wenatchee GMC dealer don't know if it was before or after her daughter went missing.

I started wondering about the same thing. I saw a website on her real estate/construction business and it seemed to be quite lucrative. She is very educated, so are her sons and if they live these kinds of lifestyles, you would think they could afford this stuff.

I am just so floored that they only have $5,800 for the reward fund and most of it came from the fundraising of Mackenzie's friends. If that were my family member, I would sell everything I had in order to find the killer. It makes you wonder if she maybe already knew who it was or just didn't think it was worth it.

The area between the park and the bridge is full of dead end roads, areas frequented by homeless, industrial and commercial businesses, and some run-down businesses and abandoned buildings. There are many places where you could hide anything or anyone. Because of the nature of some businesses in the area, it is possible that many of them contain security cameras in parking areas and front doors. Has anyone heard any rumors about a second video of Mackenzie’s car?

The place in question is on the back side of several businesses.

Not being from the area or knowing where any of the places in question are located, is there any chance the mom's BF's business is anywhere near the dock area?

Not being from the area or knowing where any of the places in question are located, is there any chance the mom's BF's business is anywhere near the dock area?

Here is a map. Point A is bf business. Point B is the boat launch I believe they are talking about. The blue line is the route from point A to B. You can zoom in to the locations thru satellite view and see near by buildings.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...29068&spn=0.039938,0.148315&t=h&z=13&dirflg=d

I am just so floored that they only have $5,800 for the reward fund and most of it came from the fundraising of Mackenzie's friends. If that were my family member, I would sell everything I had in order to find the killer. It makes you wonder if she maybe already knew who it was or just didn't think it was worth it.[/QUOTE]

This is interesting Melissa. I had not thought about that. I have been shocked that the reward has been so low. In fact, I believe about 5 thousand of that was raised at the Wild game last week. That amount is hardly enough to motivate a snitch. I would have thought that the family would have contributed a hefty amount strictly for the purpose of enticement. You have made a huge point. Perhaps they (family) knows who is responsible, therefore why contribute unnecessary funds, that apparently they are having a problem coming up with. Easy for us to say "I would do this" or "if this was me, I would do that" but something seems amiss.

Here is a map. Point A is bf business. Point B is the boat launch I believe they are talking about. The blue line is the route from point A to B. You can zoom in to the locations thru satellite view and see near by buildings.

FABULOUS map. I see Gold's GYM is literally right there. That's interesting, being that she was a wicked work-er-out-er. Where the blue line ends on the map, is that the "dock" in question? I notice if you head left down the waters edge, there is something else "dock-like" by a circular drive? Is that the "dock" in question? I find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be surveillance somewhere around that section. Also, where on that map would the "salon" she was at be?

FABULOUS map. I see Gold's GYM is literally right there. That's interesting, being that she was a wicked work-er-out-er. Where the blue line ends on the map, is that the "dock" in question? I notice if you head left down the waters edge, there is something else "dock-like" by a circular drive? Is that the "dock" in question? I find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be surveillance somewhere around that section. Also, where on that map would the "salon" she was at be?

Yes, straight from were the line ends, I believe that is the dock, parking lot, and grassy park area in question. I just posted a better map with all locations in question.

Am I allowed to post these maps? I'm still getting use to the rules. Someone please let me know and I'll delete if I am in violation.

Hey, I'm new on here, live in Wenatchee. I have tried to read all the pages but I seem to have missed how CR is connected. Could anyone fill me in? This case is very interesting to me. I do have a couple of connections to LE and others who have SOME info on the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member