NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
with the extensive medical history she has there maybe a lab sample somewhere in her homeland (to compare cell changes if it recurs?)... but yes they have biomom and biodad they can come to a dna profile without a toothbrush or hairbrush if they have to

The search warrant states LE took toothbrushes and hairbrushes out of the home. Hopefully they got all they needed. moo

He has to make sure SM's Constitutional rights aren't violated. 'Cause if they are, she will walk and none of us want that to happen. I'm sure that's one position he really doesn't want to be in. moo mho

I know you're right, but she can take her constitutional rights and...

I need to stop before I get a timeout.

ht_zahra_101013_mn.jpg

A new photograph of missing 10-year-old Zahra Baker with a bruise under her eye surfaced today as the search for her body focused on a wood chipper and mulch piles for any sign of her remains.

The missing North Carolina 10-year-old, who lost her left leg and hearing in a battle with childhood cancer, is seen in a dimly lit cell phone image with what Baker family friend Brandy Stapleton called a visible bruise under her right eye. Stapleton said she took the photo, obtained exclusively by ABC News, on Aug. 9 -- the last day she saw the little girl.
Stapleton said on that day, Zahra seemed down and so she decided to take a picture to cheer her up. Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker, initially told her not to take the picture, Stapleton said, because Zahra's eye was bruised. But Stapleton insisted because she wanted to see the little girl smile.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-baker-case-cops-search-wood-chipper-mulch/story?id=11868397

Two attorneys already? Wow, just...there are no words. And I am NOT like her defense attorney already. EXCESSIVE? My blood is BOILING right now!

I believe one attorney had already been appointed to her in another county she'd been previously charged in (Burke, maybe?), and then she will get one for the current charges in Catawba County, I assume.

Attorneys always complain the bond is too excessive. He knew there was no way it was gonna be reduced in this case, but had to ask or he wouldn't be doing his job very well.

If you're still boiling, could you hold my tea cup for a sec and reheat it? ;)

We have talked about prayers for the LE in this case.

I'm also praying for SM's attorney. I can't imagine being in his position.

Saying a prayer for him is hard.... because it is one's choice to choosing a career having to defend the likes of people like this evil SM. But will do... because she has the right to a proper defense. Can't say I won't pray harder LE finds enough evidence if her attorney asks for reduced bond, it will be a mute point based on additional charges.

I think we should add those responsible for protecting her sorry dupa' in the slammer too. It would be so hard to not just release her to the GP and let the natural order of things take their course. :innocent:

jmvho

Couldn't possible be caught up at this point so if already posted (probably has been) so, i do apologize (but jic):

This is the website that SM & adam met through:

http://www.imvu.com/

Some info about it:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMVU[/ame]

ht_zahra_101013_mn.jpg

A new photograph of missing 10-year-old Zahra Baker with a bruise under her eye surfaced today as the search for her body focused on a wood chipper and mulch piles for any sign of her remains.

The missing North Carolina 10-year-old, who lost her left leg and hearing in a battle with childhood cancer, is seen in a dimly lit cell phone image with what Baker family friend Brandy Stapleton called a visible bruise under her right eye. Stapleton said she took the photo, obtained exclusively by ABC News, on Aug. 9 -- the last day she saw the little girl.
Stapleton said on that day, Zahra seemed down and so she decided to take a picture to cheer her up. Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker, initially told her not to take the picture, Stapleton said, because Zahra's eye was bruised. But Stapleton insisted because she wanted to see the little girl smile.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-baker-case-cops-search-wood-chipper-mulch/story?id=11868397

:( :(

Bringing post over from closed thread:

My whole point is it's not the worker's themselves, it's the system.

When you have the same thing over and over again and agencies trying to cover up what they did not do, it's hard not to look at it and go :waitasec:.

Her attorney thinks obstruction of justice is an "excessive" charge??!! How could he say that with a straight face? She only wrote a fake ransom note to throw off investigators searching for her missing child! No, she just did a dumb thing, and now that she's admitted it, they should just leave the poor woman alone!
/sarcasm

I believe one attorney had already been appointed to her in another county she'd been previously charged in (Burke, maybe?), and then she will get one for the current charges in Catawba County, I assume.

Attorneys always complain the bond is too excessive. He knew there was no way it was gonna be reduced in this case, but had to ask or he wouldn't be doing his job very well.

If you're still boiling, could you hold my tea cup for a sec and reheat it? ;)

Oh okay, that makes sense. I was seeing another Jose Baez and his cronies for a moment. And I know, he has to do his job, but still...I did need that laugh at the end though. Thanks!

Haven't caught up on all the threads. I am having a hard time using my words to express my thoughts here (that wouldn't get me a TO or banned outright). OMG.

If bio mom cooperates they can also collect DNA from family if necessary. I don't see needing to do that happening, but it is an option if they can't get a good sample off a hair brush etc.

with the extensive medical history she has there maybe a lab sample somewhere in her homeland (to compare cell changes if it recurs?)... but yes they have biomom and biodad they can come to a dna profile without a toothbrush or hairbrush if they have to

They took toothbrushes/hairbrush from the house. It was on the search warrant.

The search warrant states LE took toothbrushes and hairbrushes out of the home. Hopefully they got all they needed. moo

I think they have all they need too. With the brushes and toothbrushes.

And, AB. Can't they take one hair from his head and tell if any remains found were his child? Even without the toothbrushes and hairbrushes??

Her attorney thinks obstruction of justice is an "excessive" charge??!! How could he say that with a straight face? She only wrote a fake ransom note to throw off investigators searching for her missing child! No, she just did a dumb thing, and now that she's admitted it, they should just leave the poor woman alone!
/sarcasm

I know! Reading that made me want to SPIT. My immediate reaction was, you want to know what's excessive, Mr. Attorney? A WOODCHIPPER!

But he does have to do his job, even if he's representing the scum of the earth...

ht_zahra_101013_mn.jpg

That is positively the last straw. I guess you're going to tell me AB didn't see THAT either????? He must have been walking around with a freakin' BAG on his head.
OH MY GOD!:furious:

And, AB. Can't they take one hair from his head and tell if any remains found were his child? Even without the toothbrushes and hairbrushes??

Yup. The judge would have no problem issuing a warrant to get a DNA sample from him, even if he refused.

I worked in the school system for 30 years and often we'd get families that for obivious reasons had to be reported to DSS.

The school social worker said that in many of the cases they'd call county DSS where the child went to school before moving to my county school system and the Case Worker would the tell her they had lost the family because they moved every time DSS became involved or the rent came due.

Most of the time the previous agency was more than helpful and glad they had been found so they could be supervised again.

This SM moved because the Caldwell Co DSS visited them. I believe that with all my heart. I also suspect that was why they kept Zahara in her room. If no one sees her who can report them?

I wonder if DSS was called where they live now??

In North Carolina each school has a social worker assigned to each school to be a liason between the school and DSS, initially established to improve truancy and relationships between home and school.They are hired by the school system. It has made a world of difference but the child must be in school to be identified for those needs.

Is it just me or does Zahra's face look swollen in that cell phone pic? :furious: The black eye is bad enough but if she was hit so hard her face swelled up... :furious: :furious: :furious:

I think you are thinking of mitochondrial DNA which is passed from the mother, but yes they can use his DNA and work backwards but that is a longer progress.

When my MIL was killed and her spouse was the suspect they didn't have the husband's DNA, they took the son's compared it to hers and worked backwards to see what markers the boys had to build a comparison of whether it was dad's dna at the scene.

I am sure that would not hold up in court, but it might be probable cause to get a search warrant to get a real sample.

Of course this case won't require something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member