GUILTY Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Co-worker recalls Col. Williams as 'approachable'

Retired sergeant Lucy Critch remembers the "complete shock" of learning that Williams had been arrested in connection with the deaths of two women who had been murdered in Eastern Ontario.

It was completely incongruous with the image of the man she used to work with, a professional soldier who rose through the ranks of the Canadian Forces to be granted command of CFB Trenton.

"The Col. Williams that I knew and we knew as a military community is certainly not this person that we're seeing today," Critch said in a telephone interview with CTV's Canada AM on Wednesday morning.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/...-life-101020/20101020?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

One of the most striking things about the interview is how different the questions are than what your average person on the street would ask.

If you sat down with someone like this at a coffee shop, and he started explaining how he had done all of this, most folks would become consumed with the issue of why.

Why did you do this? What is wrong with you?

But Det. Sgt. Smyth is like a robot -- in a good way. He just keeps amassing more and more evidence.

The question of why can be saved for the psychiatrists.

http://mobile.coveritlive.com/mobile.php?option=com_mobile&task=viewaltcast&altcast_code=eb45fe6289

Remember, the Det. Sgt. was trained in the handling of psychopaths. Ordinary people don't understand psychopaths.

From another of your posts: ""When one of your people gets killed, it gets your attention,” Williams said of the rape and murder of Cpl. Comeau, a 37-year-old air force flight attendant attached to CFB Trenton, where Williams was commander."

Cagey wording, and quite a bold error of omission and commission, all at the same time. So off he went for dinner.

British-born Colonel David Russell Williams murdered and raped to satisfy a fetish for women's lingerie

Williams was born in 1963 in Bromsgrove, Worcs, and was five when his parents emigrated to Canada.

Dad Cedric, a nuclear metallurgist, was a Robert Redford lookalike and his mother Christina, a physiotherapist, was called the "most beautiful woman in town". With Russell's brother Harvey the family settled in Deep River, Ontario, known for brainy Brit expats who worked in the nuclear industry.

Deep River eventually gained a reputation for a freewheeling attitude towards sexual affairs. One former scientist who lived there said: "The Brits who came in brought a freer kind of culture. You didn't just dance with your wife. You danced with three or four other partners."

Williams's parents split up over adultery and went off with other people. Christina married scientist Jerry Sovka, Cedric hooked up with Sovka's ex-wife.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...men-s-lingerie-115875-22645814/#ixzz12vAhTQCW

1:01 smithjoanna: Later in video, detective asks if RW wants to write something for families. He's left alone for 25 minutes; doesn't write a word. [via Twitter]

1:02 smithjoanna: He's later given a second opportunity to write letters to families. He does, and they are being entered into evidence. RW [via Twitter]

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/876913

(BBM)

I'd loved to have been a fly on the wall during officer Smyth's interaction with his fellow officers during those 25 minutes. Were there elation and high-fives about the confession? Discussion about future strategies? Instructions to LE personnel in the field? Consultation with a lawyer? All of the above? What relief they all must have felt!

JMO

Retired sergeant Lucy Critch remembers the "complete shock" of learning that Williams had been arrested in connection with the deaths of two women who had been murdered in Eastern Ontario.

It was completely incongruous with the image of the man she used to work with, a professional soldier who rose through the ranks of the Canadian Forces to be granted command of CFB Trenton.

"The Col. Williams that I knew and we knew as a military community is certainly not this person that we're seeing today," Critch said in a telephone interview with CTV's Canada AM on Wednesday morning.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/...-life-101020/20101020?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

BBM. There we go. That's what it's all about: image.

11:20 smithjoanna: "You're doing the right thing here," det says. RW replies that he's concerned about wife and her family. Family of Lloyd gasps in court. [via Twitter]

Thank you, nobodyzgirl. I'm going to paste the exact quote from copied Star comment so that I don't misquote it:

11:20
Twitter
smithjoanna:
"You're doing the right thing here," det says. #ColRW replies that he's concerned about wife and her family. Family of Lloyd gasps in court. [via Twitter]

[emphasis by me]

Let's not overlook that addition here of his wife's family, and RW's implications. As I see it, here he is again reminding the detective of 'who they are' and subtly referring to the power in that surname. Anyone who has read history knows that name and the strong influence that men of that surname have had (and continue to have) on world affairs.

Let each reader draw from RW's statement as they choose.

I woke late today so I apologize for being so far behind. If the subjects of my posts have already been addressed, just ignore them and scroll on by.
Thanks.
dd2

Thank you, nobodyzgirl. I'm going to paste the exact quote from copied Star comment so that I don't misquote it:

11:20
Twitter
smithjoanna:
"You're doing the right thing here," det says. #ColRW replies that he's concerned about wife and her family. Family of Lloyd gasps in court. [via Twitter]

[emphasis by me]

Let's not overlook that addition here of his wife's family, and RW's implications. As I see it, here he is again reminding the detective of 'who they are' and subtly referring to the power in that surname. Anyone who has read history knows that name and the strong influence that men of that surname have had (and continue to have) on world affairs.

Let each reader draw from RW's statement as they choose.

I woke late today so I apologize for being so far behind. If the subjects of my posts have already been addressed, just ignore them and scroll on by.
Thanks.
dd2

BBM: I must confess, DeputyDawg, that while I know quite a bit about this case, I don't know anything about what you speak of regarding MEH and her last name.

Can you shed some light?

tp-williams-on--videotape.jpg

Williams admitted to killing Comeau, Lloyd

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/10/20/russell-williams-day-3.html

(BBM)

I'd loved to have been a fly on the wall during officer Smyth's interaction with his fellow officers during those 25 minutes. Were there elation and high-fives about the confession? Discussion about future strategies? Instructions to LE personnel in the field? Consultation with a lawyer? All of the above? What relief they all must have felt!

JMO

My belief is that there's no joy in a job like that, but that there is satisfaction in getting justice for the victims' families, and preventing further crimes.

My guess is that women would find him more approachable than men would.

1:55 Laura Blenkinsop - An update from Greg McArthur:

The letters Col. Williams wrote to his victims and/or their families:

"Mrs. Lloyd,

You won't believe me, I know, but I am sorry for having taken your daughter from you. Jessica was a beautiful, gentle young woman, as you know. I know she loved you very much -- she told me so again and again. I can tell you that she did not suffer that the end was coming -- Jessica was happy because she believed she was going home.

I know you have already had a lot of pain in your life. I am sorry to have caused you more."

---

The first-sex assault victim, who can't be named:

"I apologise for having traumatized you the way I did. No doubt you're left a bit safer now that I've been caught."

---

Laurie Massicotte,

"Laurie,

I am sorry for having hurt you the way I did. I really hope that the (illegible) we had has helped you turn your life around a bit. You seem like a bright woman, who could do much better for herself. I do hope you find a way to succeed."

---

Ernest Comeau, father of Marie-France

"Mr. Comeau,

I am sorry for having (sic) taken your daughter, Marie-France, from you... I know you won't be able to believe me, but it is true. Marie-France has been deeply missed by all that knew her."

http://mobile.coveritlive.com/mobile.php?option=com_mobile&task=viewaltcast&altcast_code=eb45fe6289

Looks like we will learn tomorrow whether or not the Crown will go after Dangerous Offender Status for RW:

Crown Attorney Lee Burgess says he will address the issue of dangerous offender status Thursday at the sentencing for Col. Russell Williams on 88 criminal charges.
Burgess declined any more specifics about whether the Crown would ask for dangerous offender status for the 47-year-old Williams. The former commander of CFB Trenton faces life in prison, with no parole for 25 years, for two murders, two sexual assaults and 82 break-ins. He would be 72 years old in 2035. The Crown must apply for dangerous offender status within six months of a conviction for a serious crime and sentencing.

BBM: I must confess, DeputyDawg, that while I know quite a bit about this case, I don't know anything about what you speak of regarding MEH and her last name.

Can you shed some light?

Goes way back in US history -- very bad things happen to people who expose their dirty linen. Big time banking (very instrumental in founding of the Federal Reserve Bank; very involved in the early formation of the Bush dynasty).

Please note that MEH's may be a different family line from that powerful line.

I can't say more here; please just google the surname.

1:55 Laura Blenkinsop - An update from Greg McArthur:

The letters Col. Williams wrote to his victims and/or their families:

"Mrs. Lloyd,

You won't believe me, I know, but I am sorry for having taken your daughter from you. Jessica was a beautiful, gentle young woman, as you know. I know she loved you very much -- she told me so again and again. I can tell you that she did not suffer that the end was coming -- Jessica was happy because she believed she was going home.

I know you have already had a lot of pain in your life. I am sorry to have caused you more."

---

The first-sex assault victim, who can't be named:

"I apologise for having traumatized you the way I did. No doubt you're left a bit safer now that I've been caught."

---

Laurie Massicotte,

"Laurie,

I am sorry for having hurt you the way I did. I really hope that the (illegible) we had has helped you turn your life around a bit. You seem like a bright woman, who could do much better for herself. I do hope you find a way to succeed."

---

Ernest Comeau, father of Marie-France

"Mr. Comeau,

I am sorry for having (sic) taken your daughter, Marie-France, from you... I know you won't be able to believe me, but it is true. Marie-France has been deeply missed by all that knew her."

spare me........

Goes way back in US history -- very bad things happen to people who expose their dirty linen. Big time banking (very instrumental in founding of the Federal Reserve Bank; very involved in the early formation of the Bush dynasty).

Please note that MEH's may be a different family line from that powerful line.

I can't say more here; please just google the surname.

did and the only one I can see is the railway tycoon...doubt if she was related to him.......

He is alternating between RW and RS for his signatures on the letters.

2:15 smithjoanna: Judge arrives after lunch break. Court resumes and will now hear victim impact statements.

2:17 smithjoanna: "Thank you for coming forward," judge tells familes after saying he appreciates how hard it must have been to put feelings in writing.

2:18 smithjoanna: Judge says that if anyone has trouble on the stand, they can signal the need for a break.

2:19 smithjoanna: "Try to protect their privacy if you can," judge tells media, asking that media use discretion re names, etc.

2:20 smithjoanna: Young woman, victim of breakin, says as sociology/criminology student she wants RW to get help he needs to prevent this again.

2:22 smithjoanna: Says was hard to move on her own. After she ensured her safety, she began to process what happened, how violated she felt.

2:23 smithjoanna: "This experience is one that affected my life very negatively," says victim of break-in.

2:24 smithjoanna: Says she changed her habits, like when she went jogging, and installed alarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member