GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg Reardon had the access, the means, and motive (If things were going pear shaped) He also had the 4 hrs timeline of Sunday night to dispose of the body. The one big factor why it seems near improbable he did it, is because Jo was not seen by anyone all weekend. She left no electronic footprint like text, e-mail or internet use. Being seen by no one all weekend is not impossible, but it sure is extremely unlikely. She only had to be seen going to the bins, answer the door, or make calls, but nothing.

Unless they can make a big hole in his (till now cast iron) 'away in Sheffield all weekend' alibi he can't be implicated as rightly states Nausicaa

JMO.

Jmo but I don't see it as extremely unlikely that she was not seen all weekend. The hedges are very high, she has her own side entrance, GR had taken the car so no car noises in the driveway to alert other tenants, it was approaching the shortest day of the year so was very dark and the road she lived in is poorly lit if Googlemaps is anything to go by. In the mood for some company she could easily have popped out on Friday evening to share her pizza with someone as yet unknown to us, had a few drinks, stopped over, returned on Saturday morning or whenever in the same clothes and any murder-in-the-house scenario could have occurred then, though this maybe doesn't account for the 'moving the body' thing. Or she could have decided on Saturday morning, upon feeling lonely, to catch a bus to Sheffield (paying with cash)...... I'd like to think that the LE have checked all cctv of rail and bus stations. There are so may reasons why it just doesn't have to be Friday night thing, imo.

This is probably completely wrong of me, but I seem to recall hearing/reading very early on that GR took JY's "small car" to Sheffield because his own wasn't working. Could it be that GR used JY's car, and that the whole jump starting thing didn't get GR's car started after all?

Can anyone confirm that the 2 cars being lifted from No.44 were CJ's (I'm not talking about PS's vehicles) ? Maybe the sportier one was GR's. I always thought it was not CJ's style.

jmo
Excellent point....thought same about the little silver number...but could quite see CJ trolling around in a volvo though? Look forward to hearing what the other sleuths say. Think most of the newspapers assumed the silver car was C/Js'.

Btw, at the brother's place of work on Googlemaps (which I won't post as I'm probably not allowed to as he is not a suspect) there are 2 light coloured 4x4 vehicles. Is it possible that upon hearing that GR was having car trouble, he came down to Bristol instead? Really far fetched maybe, but got me thinking when I saw those 2 4x4s - I rarely see light coloured ones so I took note straight away.
jmo.

Couldn't agree more. I am certain that she couldn't have been there undiscovered from the 17th/18th. Equally certain that he couldn't have moved the body after his midnight call or at any time since.

If he did anything with his own hands, it would have had to be between 8 pm and midnight on 17th/18th Dec.

It wasn't him.
I'm not certain about anything....except it's January!....this is all so confusing.

Anyone know what make/colour of car was shared by J/Y and G/R? He obviously took it for his trip up north....which left J/Y to walk home after her evening out. Presumabley they shared a car, rather than have one each, as they both worked at the same place?...but can't find any mention of what sort of car it was. Any ideas?

No, can't say I have read anything much about the cars mikeymot, or if they had one each, I'm surprised no one has looked for the car or cars.

Jmo but I don't see it as extremely unlikely that she was not seen all weekend. The hedges are very high, she has her own side entrance, GR had taken the car so no car noises in the driveway to alert other tenants, it was approaching the shortest day of the year so was very dark and the road she lived in is poorly lit if Googlemaps is anything to go by. In the mood for some company she could easily have popped out on Friday evening to share her pizza with someone as yet unknown to us, had a few drinks, stopped over, returned on Saturday morning or whenever in the same clothes and any murder-in-the-house scenario could have occurred then, though this maybe doesn't account for the 'moving the body' thing. Or she could have decided on Saturday morning, upon feeling lonely, to catch a bus to Sheffield (paying with cash)...... I'd like to think that the LE have checked all cctv of rail and bus stations. There are so may reasons why it just doesn't have to be Friday night thing, imo.
Yes but she didn't do anything at all that weekend. No form of traceable communication whatsoever.
It was as if she didn't exist anymore....Oh hang on a minute.....

I find it hard to believe a young socialable woman becomes a weekend recluse overnight.

Then she was found here

yeatesroadquarry.jpg

I thought so too until dagnabbit I saw the Daily Mail photo with the white van parked in the entrance to quarry and the tent beyond it. I don't know, they may have taken down the fence in that area but I have to agree with Phillb at this point.

van.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...assume-shes-dead--lives-gone-say-parents.html

Btw, at the brother's place of work on Googlemaps (which I won't post as I'm probably not allowed to as he is not a suspect) there are 2 light coloured 4x4 vehicles. Is it possible that upon hearing that GR was having car trouble, he came down to Bristol instead? Really far fetched maybe, but got me thinking when I saw those 2 4x4s - I rarely see light coloured ones so I took note straight away.
jmo.
Well spotted...pity you can't post...I'm losing the plot now but...when was the sighting of the light coloured 4 x 4 in Longwood Road?

No, can't say I have read anything much about the cars mikeymot, or if they had one each, I'm surprised no one has looked for the car or cars.
Let's look then....and see what we can find...very unusual that no mention anywhere..even PS did not say what car he tried to start (maybe prompted by police not to?)

Yep, I'm going with you on this, Phillb.
It's remarkable that even something like this has taken such effort to establish. And that there have been so many misleading different reports along the way. Anyhow, thanks.

Soooo.... Assuming we go for this as the dump site, it looks like the dumper doesn't really know what he's [yep, assumption that it's one and a male] doing.
I'm picturing somebody driving out of town, fairly randomly looking for somewhere to dump. He's driving along that road, which is very narrow and (as many have said) an awful place to stop. He comes to the entrance to the quarry and it looks like an oasis of opportunity compared with the previous stretch. So he, half-panicking, things "Sod it, this will do."
I can't really see a reason why he'd actually be aiming for the quarry and hoping to go in. It's not as if it's a *disused* quarry, anyhow.
It strikes me as reasonable that nobody would spot it earlier, and I'm going for a Friday-night dumping. My reason for this is that this road seems a pretty dreadful place to walk one's dog. It's not pedestrian-friendly at all, and there aren't that many houses nearby.

jmo, but I think that there is car parking area situated at the south west corner of the cross roads (where the media were situated). The dog walkers would have parked there and walked up (North of the crossroads) to the gap in the wall on the right and through to the wooded area where there are many walkways. The area is not residential therefore I would expect dogs to travel there by car then scamper off into the woods. I don't think that the dogs were being walked on Longwood Lane itself, but in the woods off it, jmo.

Well spotted...pity you can't post...I'm losing the plot now but...when was the sighting of the light coloured 4 x 4 in Longwood Road?

The 17th I recall, though this grey matter between my ears may be failing me :)

Yes but she didn't do anything at all that weekend. No form of traceable communication whatsoever.
It was as if she didn't exist anymore....Oh hang on a minute.....

I find it hard to believe a young socialable woman becomes a weekend recluse overnight.
Maybe she HAD been killed on Friday night...then left in the flat (maybe in the bath) to be moved at a later date....say Sunday, after dark?

jmo.

I haven't seen a mention of where his brother worked :confused:

Maybe she HAD been killed on Friday night...then left in the flat (maybe in the bath) to be moved at a later date....say Sunday, after dark?
But his alibi of C.J & P.S helping him start the car, then him setting off to Sheffield must be watertight. I'm pretty sure the Police would have had him in if they have proof he was still in Bristol around 9 p.m. Then he would have to go to Sheffield knowing he had a dead body in his bath waiting for him when he got home on Sunday :eek:hwow:

Maybe her body was left in the woods opposite the site entrance initially then moved to a more obvious spot on the roadside so that she'd be found. Just maybe. jmo.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01793/yeates-road-_1793809c.jpg

It did appeal to me the possibility that Jo's body had been transported via the woods on the other side of the road, especially if you tied it to a small sledge etc.... you would be able to drag it easy on frozen ground.

I have often flirted with the idea she may of been murdered on Saturday or even Sunday. Especially because GR had failed to raise the alarm for 4hrs when he had returned.

You must be knackerd Phillb btw, youve been posting since 05.49 this morning !!! LoL

One car between them, think it was officially Greg's. A Ford Ka.

From memory, will look for source later. EDIT - secondary source here... Digital Spy Forums - View Single Post - Press Conference on Joanna Yeates murder (Part 5) Original behind a paywall.
Thank you so much for that. If G/Rs' car and clothes are still with the police....do we assume that so are C/Js'? If so, what were the police looking for in PS's BMW? they only had it an hour or so?.....have we missed something here?

But his alibi of C.J & P.S helping him start the car, then him setting off to Sheffield must be watertight. I'm pretty sure the Police would have had him in if they have proof he was still in Bristol around 9 p.m. Then he would have to go to Sheffield knowing he had a dead body in his bath waiting for him when he got home on Sunday :eek:hwow:
Not sure if the police must have proof that he was still in Bristol at 9pm....more that they may have proof that he wasn't. However, as we don't know what receipts/CCTV cameras they have him on during his journey north...maybe, as earlier posted by someone, he DID double back? I know how daft the 'body in the bath' scenario sounds..but there are so many oddities surrounding this case...maybe best to include everything....however unlikely...then discount it when something else appears to make it impossible?

Not sure if the police must have proof that he was still in Bristol at 9pm....more that they may have proof that he wasn't. However, as we don't know what receipts/CCTV cameras they have him on during his journey north...maybe, as earlier posted by someone, he DID double back? I know how daft the 'body in the bath' scenario sounds..but there are so many oddities surrounding this case...maybe best to include everything....however unlikely...then discount it when something else appears to make it impossible?

I think its the only way it could have worked, started on his journey, seen by cctv, then returned, maybe hoping to make things up after she may have told him she wants to end it.
I think it has to be someone picking her up for the ride home, but he took her somewhere else, then returned her things, a lot easier than trying to drag a body from the flat, down the path onto the road, and loading into the car.

I will resurrect my initial thoughts on this case:

Greg left for Sheffield around 7pm in a car with a suspect battery. He may have had some bad news from Jo at their lunchtime meet, and stews on this all the way to Sheffield. He gets to Sheffield around 10pm, but decides he must go back and straighten things out with Jo. His car won't start again, so this time he borrows a car from his brother (pale 4x4?) and drives back to Clifton arriving around 1am on the 18th. Perhaps he finds a situation he simply can't handle, who knows, anyway a murder takes place.

As has already been pointed out, this theory requires at least passive collusion from his brother, but it is not uncommon for people to cover for relatives.

Assuming he didn't stop for petrol, his journey back to Bristol wouldn't be registered by the police, who would check the cameras for the car he drove to Sheffield in. He may have left his phone in his own car in Sheffield, probably accidentally, but in effect confirming his alibi. Any DNA evidence would be in brother's car, which he would return to Sheffield once body dumped.

Not a perfect theory, but it shows, I think, that GR can't be totally excluded as a suspect, not by us, anyway. The police may have cctv or non family eyewitness evidence that he was in Sheffield all weekend, but they aren't saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo