INTL - Alessia & Livia Schepp (twins), 6, 30 Jan 2011 - Italy, Switzerland and France

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the links, Hazel.

Would the girls have been in this car? The picture is dated January 31, 2010.

orig_C_0_fotogallery_9826_listaorizzontale_foto_0_fotoorizzontale.jpg

http://www.tgcom.mediaset.it/fotogallery/fotogallery9826.shtml?1

Hopefully this hasn't been posted yet:

The father was seen at the edge of the lake

"... a firefighter who saw Matthias S. near Lake Hydroelectric Calacuccia."

NOTE****I can't figure out how to get the link properly. This link goes to Katia Iritano's story. On the left, there is a Timeline link for the Twins. If you click on that, then you can scroll down to this February 13th article on the lake. Sorry it's so confusing, but, I can't navigate through the site any other way!

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.lematin.ch/actu/suisse/disparue-fribourg-katia-382098&ei=39tdTYWLKoG04gbanZDlCQ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBgQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.lematin.ch/actu/suisse/disparue-fribourg-katia-382098%26hl%3Den%26prmd%3Divns

Thanks for the links, Hazel.

Would the girls have been in this car? The picture is dated January 31, 2010.

orig_C_0_fotogallery_9826_listaorizzontale_foto_0_fotoorizzontale.jpg

http://www.tgcom.mediaset.it/fotogallery/fotogallery9826.shtml?1
ALL 13 newly released pictures (link above) of Matthias in Marseille are dated January 31, 2010

Matthias is seen entering that parking lot alone at 10:05. Shortly afterwards he is then seen leaving the parking lot on foot. He returns to the parking lot at 15:05 (always alone), but this time he is holding a backpack (he didn't have before) that he most probably just purchased in Marseille. Investigators believe that backpack contained the 7500 Euros he had been withdrawing from different bank machines during the time his car was parked in that parking lot.

Wondergirl, have you watched that Italian program "Chi L'ha Visto" I posted a bit earlier?

It's really, REALLY good, lots of details I hadn't read before. IMO it's a MUST watch, even if you don't understand a word they are saying, I'm pretty sure you will find it very helpful.

In that same link, there is another link of last week's episode, also packed with information that comes directly from Irina and her brother. I found that program very interesting, specially all the details of the very first day (Sunday, Jan. 30th). I watched both episodes this afternoon, one after the other, and the host announced that next week they are doing another episode regarding Alessia & Livia disappearance.

My mind can only think in Italian tonight, lol, will try to answer your questions tomorrow.

good night:eek:fftobed:

More on the Firefighter sighting here:

The helicopter trips expected to resume Monday in Upper Corsica.

The Sunday will be devoted to checking on the evidence, many received by police since a fresh appeal for witnesses issued Friday night.
Investigators heard in the early evening a fireman whose testimony appears to be "most reliable". It claims to have found a car registered in Switzerland corresponds to the signal from that of Matthias Schepp, the father of two children.

He had noticed the vehicle and its registration because he himself had lived in Switzerland.
The car was, when he saw near the bridge Calacuccia above Corte, Haute-Corse, near the Scala Santa Regina, a series of rocky cliffs.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://lci.tf1.fr/france/faits-divers/je-ne-perds-pas-espoir-6275181.html&ei=d-NdTb6QJ8aE4Ab0xanNCQ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBgQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://lci.tf1.fr/france/faits-divers/je-ne-perds-pas-espoir-6275181.html%26hl%3Den%26prmd%3Divns

Wondergirl, have you watched that Italian program "Chi L'ha Visto" I posted a bit earlier?

It's really, REALLY good, lots of details I hadn't read before. IMO it's a MUST watch, even if you don't understand a word they are saying, I'm pretty sure you will find it very helpful.

In that same link, there is another link of last week's episode, also packed with information that comes directly from Irina and her brother. I found that program very interesting, specially all the details of the very first day (Sunday, Jan. 30th). I watched both episodes this afternoon, one after the other, and the host announced that next week they are doing another episode regarding Alessia & Livia disappearance.

My mind can only think in Italian tonight, lol, will try to answer your questions tomorrow.

good night:eek:fftobed:

Upon your advice, I watched about 20 minutes of the 2 hour episode. I fast forwarded to some of the visual parts. I must confess, this translation stuff is making me a little exasperated! I just want to know the details, I wish I could understand it.

I have found an article in German from 20 min that says (*I think*) that a woman's coat was found in Matthais' home, and perhaps it is the coat of the Katia Iritano (speculation?). Her father says she is responsible, and it is "absolutely outrageous" that anyone would even link her to the girls.

I don't know, but, it all seems so perplexing to me.

Here is the German Article, indicating the jacket found.

(paste it into google search and hit translate, if you missed these instructions previously, it works pretty well)

http://www.20min.ch/news/kreuz_und_quer/story/25797899

The authorities really handled this badly. They stated categorically, a week ago, that the girls had been present on the ferry and had disembarked in Corsica. Now they say that they are not sure, and that they may never even have left Switzerland.

Some members of the public in Switzerland will, quite understandably, have 'switched off' trying to recall anything they had seen, because they had been informed that the girls had accompanied the father to Corsica.

Was it ever reported that the girls were missing any clothing, bags etc. from the home?

I noticed in the video Hazel posted, that their Mother was clutching the precious stuffed animals of the girls. It was obvious by the wear, that they were the girls' favourite thing to carry with them. :(

I wonder if LE has appealed to the citizens using the ferry, and the citizens of Corsica, for any video they may have taken using their phones, etc.

I would presume that Katia Iritano's backpack that she was last seen wearing, has been checked to that of the dark backpack seen on Matthias Schepp in the video of him at the bank machine.

Has anyone read who owned the female jacket found in Matthias' house, as linked upthread?
From the Swiss LE website, Katia Iritano's Missing Release:

At the time of disappearance she was wearing a dark jacket, dark trousers (mountain pants) and a dark backpack.

http://www.polizeibericht.ch/ger_details_31881/Bubenberg_%28Gmd_Ober-Intyamon%29_FR_Vermisst_wird_Katia_Iritano__Montbovon_%28com_d_Haute-Intyamon%29_FR__Avis_de_disparition.html

Upon your advice, I watched about 20 minutes of the 2 hour episode. I fast forwarded to some of the visual parts. I must confess, this translation stuff is making me a little exasperated! I just want to know the details, I wish I could understand it.

I have found an article in German from 20 min that says (*I think*) that a woman's coat was found in Matthais' home, and perhaps it is the coat of the Katia Iritano (speculation?). Her father says she is responsible, and it is "absolutely outrageous" that anyone would even link her to the girls.

I don't know, but, it all seems so perplexing to me.

Here is the German Article, indicating the jacket found.

(paste it into google search and hit translate, if you missed these instructions previously, it works pretty well)

http://www.20min.ch/news/kreuz_und_quer/story/25797899
Wondergirl, I'm sorry you're feeling like that, but please try to be patient. There is a wealth of information out there, and lots of 'sightings' that the police from 3 countries are still trying to figure out if those are valid or not. Many times it is the willingness of good-intended people to help that make them believe very strongly people they saw are them. Also, keep in mind there are lots of blonde little girls in Italy and Switzerland, I don't know about France, but I imagine it is the same.
There is also the matter of 'overlapping' ....many "sightings' happened at the same time, but in different locations/countries. LE not only has to try to 'verify' these, but then share and compare information with LE from the other 2 countries, to try to rule them out or not.

From all I read, so far no sightings of the girls in Italy have been confirmed. Also police search dogs have not indicated the presence of the girls in Italy. Dogs, however, immediately indicated the presence of Matthias in Cerignola, and that's how LE now know his movements at the train station.

The sighting of Matthias at the restaurant in Pietri Sul Mare (close to Salerno, south of Napoli) has been confirmed as well. The dogs not only indicated that he had entered the restaurant, but one dog even went to the same table and indicated the spot where Matthias sat down and had his last lunch alone.

The owner of the restaurant described to the t what he was wearing. In the Italian show «Chi l'ha visto?» you can see Irina nodding while that person is on the phone describing him. He mentioned Matthias strabismus, he said he entered the restaurant with an American, he thought they were together, but nope they both sat on different tables and didn't seem to know each other. He described Matthias demeanor as very tranquil, nothing seemed out of place, they even joked a bit. he ordered an antipasto and pizza, desert. Matthias never mentioned anything about a wife or kids. The only thing Matthias asked was how much he would take for a 'picture/portrait' of a woman that was hanging on one of the restaurant's wall.

The sightings of that missing girl (Katia) have NOT been confirmed. In that program you can see when the 'news correspondent' (sorry, don't know how to call the reporter that the TV show sends to locations) shows Katia's picture to Olga O, and she says that with blonde hair, she could positively be the 'blonde/light brown with highlights" woman she saw in Corsica.
You can easily tell that was not very convincing to the program's hostess nor Irina and Valerio, since Olga had initially described that 'blonde woman' to be in her 50s, whilst Katia is only 27.

Katia's family are denying she could ever have had any contact/relationship with Matthias. IMO the positive thing about this, is Katia's disappearance got lots of exposure, and hopefully she will be found soon and safe.

As I said before, I watched yesterday both episodes (Feb. 9th and Feb. 16), 2-hours long each, and I have to commend that show, their correspondents, Italian LE, reporters, and public in general, they have all been amazingly helpful and caring. They have all been short of excellent! Even though so far it appears that the girls (sadly) never set foot in Italy, Italian LE continues their investigations.

On the positive side, Italian LE are saying that the 'cadaver dogs' did not indicate the presence of a body in Matthias car. You know K-9 units are not all the same. Some dogs are specialized in following a person's scent. They are given a person's used clothing to smell so they can track the person's movements.

Other dogs can indicate the exact location where a body had been, even if only for a short time...not a nice thing to explain, but has to do with 'cadaverine compound'.
Other dogs are highly specialized in detecting 'blood' = they bark to indicate their owner they have found it, even if it's so small, not visible to the human eye, or if the area has been washed. Then they indicate with their noses the exact spot, getting very close to it, but without touching the spot.

Sorry for side-tracking. Going back to Matthias car, there was a theory that he could have traveled to Italy with the girls' bodies inside the car, either in the trunk or suitcase, but the dogs have helped in ruling this theory out, and forensics only found a few hairs of the girls in the car, which doesn't mean anything, since they obviously had been in his car lots of times.

Irina was also very positively impressed and thankful for the French LE's response as soon as she arrived to Marseille, when she told them about her husband going missing with the girls. However, the Swiss LE initial response was sadly not the same.

About that jacket that Irina found at Matthias' house, nobody knows who that jacket belongs to. It's a woman's jacket, and there was some 'paper' found inside it, something personal written, will make another post about that later ... the Swiss police has it ... it is all just speculation that it could belong to Katia.

Hope this helps you a bit

P.S.: If Google translation helps you more, than by all means please do use that feature. I personally will stick to following "Missing Alessia & Livia" Facebook group, and the Italian newspapers and videos; much easier for me.

Was it ever reported that the girls were missing any clothing, bags etc. from the home?

I noticed in the video Hazel posted, that their Mother was clutching the precious stuffed animals of the girls. It was obvious by the wear, that they were the girls' favourite thing to carry with them. :(
You just touched a subject that I just found out yesterday while watching that program. I have tried to be very positive and hopeful about this whole tragic situation, but those stuffed animals being left behind, just crushed a lot of my hopes :( As a mother myself, I know how attached children can get to either a toy, a blanket, etc.

I was going to come later to try to fill-in the gaps, and go into detail of what Irina and her brother Valerio said about that Sunday, Jan. 30, that dreadful evening when she exchanged those last text-messages with Matthias, and went to a couple of friends' houses and Matthias' cousin's place just to check out, and see his car parked there, you know, the kind of thing we women like to do just for peace of mind. When she didn't see his car, and knocked at their door, and nobody had seen nor heard from him. ( Except for one of Matthias' neighbours: will go into that later), she started getting worried, and thought something was off.

Sorry again for sidetracking...so Irina goes back to Matthias house that evening, I believe it was around 8:20 pm ... sorry was planning on listening the show again, and coming back later with all precise info ...
She said she still had one key to the house (that is the house they both lived in as a family, he didn't want to leave the house, so she was the one who moved out, and rented a small apartment in downtown St. Sulpice). So she goes inside, and finds the girls' backpacks sitting close to the door. Those are the backpacks she prepares for them with change of clothing and stuff whenever they go to their father's place... clothiing was still inside.
She goes into their bedrooms and finds their PJs on each girls' bed and their stuffed toys, which are their 'security blankets'... the pink bunny belongs to Alessia, and the other one named "Matilda" belongs to Livia. Irina says that specially Livia cannot go anywhere without la Matilda, and wont sleep without it, so that's when she panicked because Matthias knew this, and she couldn't understand why those were left behind.

He was also very methodical, and would make sure the girls were in bed at 8:30 pm if the next day was a school day.

She found a lasagna in the oven...not eaten. She found the testament in a locked drawer, that he had made recently, a few days before, dated Jan. 27, where he mentions the girls, but ... he adds that if the girls are no longer living, it will go to Matthias's twin brother and Matthias sister (both live in Switzerland).

.... Swiss police conclusion was that the girls were in no danger. In the show they speculate that if the report had been that the car had been stolen, police would have given it more priority. We know hindsight is 20/20, but...

Thank-you so much for those 2 posts, Hazel, they are much appreciated.

:yourock:

They said Italian police had found fragments of the GPS navigation system from Schepp's Audi on the railroad tracks not far from where he threw himself in front of the train in Cerignola, Italy.

The GPS was too damaged to retrieve any data from it, and Sauterel said it seemed Schepp had removed the GPS and tried to deliberately destroy it.

http://www.metronews.ca/ottawa/world/article/774908--investigation-of-missing-swiss-twins-upended--page0

no problem WG

Regarding the GPS that was completely destroyed on impact with the train, the 'Procuratore di Foggia' said in the Italian program <<"Chi L'ha Visto?">> (Feb. 16), that there was still hope to find out some information of where Matthias drove his car.
He said that there is highly specialized forensics agency in Holland that might be able to retrieve some data from the fragments that were found
!!!

And today, when he was interviewed in another Italian program <<"Puntata Quarto Grado">> he added that "It is very likely that in the next few days it will be possible to read data of Matthias Schepp's GPS"
IL PROCURATORE DI FOGGIA -Intervenuto questa sera, &#8220;E&#8217; molto probabile che nei prossimi giorni sarà possibile leggere i dati del navigatore di Matthias Schepp&#8221;
:applause:

no problem WG

Regarding the GPS that was completely destroyed on impact with the train, the 'Procuratore di Foggia' said in the Italian program <<"Chi L'ha Visto?">> (Feb. 16), that there was still hope to find out some information of where Matthias drove his car.
He said that there is highly specialized forensics agency in Holland that might be able to retrieve some data from the fragments that were found
!!!

And today, when he was interviewed in another Italian program <<"Puntata Quarto Grado">> he added that "It is very likely that in the next few days it will be possible to read data of Matthias Schepp's GPS" :applause:
Thats great news!!

Also from today's program "Puntata Quarto Grado":

The Vice-President of SwissMissing, Ivan Schmidt, said that Matthias Schepp is seen at the French airport in Lyon (Lione). It appears that Matthias Schepp was waiting for a plane coming from the Fiumicino Airport (Roma, Italia). He added that it is still premature to say for sure because it is all in the hands of the investigators, who are crossing-referencing flights data with other data from Matthias movements/itinerary ... it is likely though that Schepp was waiting for someone." Nothing has been confirmed yet.

In any case, this is a very encouraging new development!!! :skip: This could most definitely mean the girls could have been given to someone coming from Rome.
I mean what else could he have been doing there, at flight arrivals?

Note: Above translation is mine from a post in Italian on the FB group. If someone can find a direct link to today's "Puntata Quarto Grado" show, I'll really appreciate it. Thanks!

no problem WG

He said that there is highly specialized forensics agency in Holland that might be able to retrieve some data from the fragments that were found!!!

And today, when he was interviewed in another Italian program <<"Puntata Quarto Grado">> he added that "It is very likely that in the next few days it will be possible to read data of Matthias Schepp's GPS" :applause:

Also from today's program "Puntata Quarto Grado":

The Vice-President of SwissMissing, Ivan Schmidt, said that Matthias Schepp is seen at the French airport in Lyon (Lione). It appears that Matthias Schepp was waiting for a plane coming from the Fiumicino Airport (Roma, Italia). He added that it is still premature to say for sure because it is all in the hands of the investigators, who are crossing-referencing flights data with other data from Matthias movements/itinerary ... it is likely though that Schepp was waiting for someone." Nothing has been confirmed yet.

In any case, this is a very encouraging new development!!! :skip: This could most definitely mean the girls could have been given to someone coming from Rome.
I mean what else could he have been doing there, at flight arrivals?

Note: Above translation is mine from a post in Italian on the FB group. If someone can find a direct link to today's "Puntata Quarto Grado" show, I'll really appreciate it. Thanks!

WHAT??!!!!

The GPS info might be able to be recovered after it was smashed to smithereens, and the Matthias was at the airport?! WOW. That seems like very encouraging news.

Thanks again for translating that info, Hazel. I am definitely lost in translation here, lol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back