INTL - Alessia & Livia Schepp (twins), 6, 30 Jan 2011 - Italy, Switzerland and France

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has the whereabouts of the twin brother been taken into account for sightings?

For anyone who would like to add more complication to their sleuthing, lol, I just figured out that you can actually translate the comments on the FB groups quite easily.

Simply highlight the conversation, right click, and "translate with Bing". I little window will popup with the translation, or you can open to a new window, and it will even "speak" the translation! HTH

There seems to be alot of thought today about the girls being sent to Canada.

Missing Alessia and Livia:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-Alessia-Livia/169083213138407

Disparition de Katia Iritano
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_182481718458102

this case really breaks my heart. one of the girls looks nearly identical to my niece. I showed my husband and he thought it WAS our niece.

OK, call me crazy but I can see the face of a bespectacled little girl behind the driver seat.

orig_C_0_fotogallery_9826_listaorizzontale_foto_0_fotoorizzontale.jpg

More info on the woman's coat, and new info on a ballpoint pen that was found:

Pen

Always in Italy, investigators have found a ballpoint pen near railway tracks where the twins father committed suicide by throwing himself out as a train was reported Saturday Ansa. This pen is the name of "Southern". This shipping company provides sailings between the France and Corsica and was used by father a few days before to be death.

The object is the Rome forensic analysis. If traces DNA belonging to the twins are found on the pen, this will allow investigators to establish with some security that Alessia and Livia well conducted the Marseille-Propriano route in the South of Corsica with their father. GPS from his car, also found in the vicinity of the place where he committed suicide, is also under scientific examinations in Rome.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.20min.ch%2Fro%2Fnews%2Fdossier%2Fjumelles%2Fstory%2FLa-mere-releve-des-elements-illogiques-19744865

There are 50 people searching a location in Corsica, there must be new developments today.

Trying to determine exactly what is going on, using Bing translator. There is a map at this link, showing the search location.

It also sounds like the firefighter's sighting has been discounted.

The police has a hot track. Now about 50 officials scour the beach Palombaggia close to Porto Vecchio on Corsica. Reports that the French radio station «RTL» Three weeks have passed since the disappearance of twins Alessia and Livia from Saint-Sulpice VD.

Have reported new witnesses to the Corsican police on the last call on Friday, that want to have seen the father of twins, Matthias Schepp (d. 43). The investigator but as implausible had to discard the statement of a fire man who wants to have seen the Swiss in Calacuccia.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blick.ch%2Fnews%2Fausland%2Fpolizei-durchkaemmt-strand-auf-korsika-167144

There are 50 people searching a location in Corsica, there must be new developments today.

Trying to determine exactly what is going on, using Bing translator. There is a map at this link, showing the search location.

It also sounds like the firefighter's sighting has been discounted.
Wondergirl, I haven't found much about that search being conducted in Palombaggia beach (Porto Vecchio, Corsica). I do remember that was one of the many places the helicopter overflew last week with Irina on board, as one of the places visited by them before. Most of that helicopter search has been kept in secret, not much was reported.

What I am currently reading in the Facebook group is about an area that has been identified by the Swiss police in Morges, which is close to where they live, by the lake. (Link to MAP, ( here )

Two items that Irina said were missing from Matthias home are 1 suitcase and 1 duffle bag. She showed a picture of it in that Chi L'ha Visto? Missing Persons program I keep mentioning. She also shows the sizes of them, one being bigger than the other.

The speculation that is going on at the moment in the Discussion board in FB, is regarding a comment made by a journalist, who is described as always being precise and prudent.
(Please do keep in mind there is no official statement regarding this, so consider this speculation)

She said Swiss LE has identified an area in Morges where there are wells, they are going to be conducting searches there. Among the concerns expressed, are the missing suitcase and duffel bag, which give both hope that the girls are in someone's care, but there is also the possibility those bags could potentially have been used for something else :( . She added that nobody wants to mention this, but is in everybody's thoughts.

Discussion board: Morges: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-Alessia-Livia/169083213138407#topic_top

(haven't had the chance of reading the whole board...celebrating Family Day here in Canada...so will try to keep updating as I am able to catch up on the latest)

Wondergirl, I haven't found much about that search being conducted in Palombaggia beach (Porto Vecchio, Corsica). I do remember that was one of the many places the helicopter overflew last week with Irina on board, as one of the places visited by them before. Most of that helicopter search has been kept in secret, not much was reported.

What I am currently reading in the Facebook group is about an area that has been identified by the Swiss police in Morges, which is close to where they live, by the lake. (Link to MAP, ( here )

Two items that Irina said were missing from Matthias home are 1 suitcase and 1 duffle bag. She showed a picture of it in that Chi L'ha Visto? Missing Persons program I keep mentioning. She also shows the sizes of them, one being bigger than the other.

The speculation that is going on at the moment in the Discussion board in FB, is regarding a comment made by a journalist, who is described as always being precise and prudent.
(Please do keep in mind there is no official statement regarding this, so consider this speculation)

She said Swiss LE has identified an area in Morges where there are wells, they are going to be conducting searches there. Among the concerns expressed, are the missing suitcase and duffel bag, which give both hope that the girls are in someone's care, but there is also the possibility those bags could potentially have been used for something else :( . She added that nobody wants to mention this, but is in everybody's thoughts.

Discussion board: Morges: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-Alessia-Livia/169083213138407#topic_top

(haven't had the chance of reading the whole board...celebrating Family Day here in Canada...so will try to keep updating as I am able to catch up on the latest)

Thanks, Hazel.

That info about the bags is telling. :(

In one of his letters, Matthias mentioned that the girls are somewhere "quiet". That stuck out to me. I know that could be so many places, but, in all likelihood, is somewhere the family has actually been before.

Why would he harm those sweet, innocent girls?

http://genevalunch.com/blog/2011/02/22/missing-twins-gps-gives-no-clues/

Missing twins: GPS gives no clues Possible links to two women not confirmed

Twins reportedly did not arrive in Italy with father

Lausanne, Switzerland (GenevaLunch) - The paucity of confirmed information continues in the search for missing Swiss twins Alessia and Livia Schepp, as Italian police in the Foggia district tell Italian media that the father’s GPS car navigation system has provided no new clues. The GPS was found in pieces around the train tracks in Cerignola, southern Italy, some 150 metres from where the girls’ father, Matthias Schepp, committed suicide.

Italian news agency Ansa reports that Italian prosecutor Vincenzo Russo confirmed that initial research to piece together information from the GPS has turned up nothing, but the bits and pieces have now been sent to the manufacturer in the hope of discovering more about the father’s travels. Russo also told Ansa that he can now confirm the children did not accompany their father when he arrived in Italy. He provided no details but says that despite the mother’s conviction the girls are alive, hope is fading.

Swiss police say no link to rumoured connections with missing woman

REMAINDER of article can be read at above link

Thanks DaisyJane

Just to add that Italian LE had announced they were going to conduct a new search in Cerignola, looking for more tiny pieces/fragments of the GPS. As it says in that article, 'debris' from the train impact was found as far as 150 meters.

They didn't get enough fragments to be able to retrieve any information from the GPS so far, so hopefully they will be able to find more this time. I heard in the program Chi L'a Visto? that those fragments were going to be sent to Holland, but in latest news I read those have been sent to the manufacturer. People in the FB group believe the Garmin manufacturer is in Milano. I really have no idea about that.

The ballpen has been sent to Roma for DNA testing, and if the girls DNA is found on it, that would be the first conclusive proof that the girls were in Marseille or aboard the ferry.

It is like the investigation is working backwards now that all tests conducted in Italy and all sightings of the girls in Italy have yield nothing to support that they were ever in Italy.

Almost all sightings in Corsica have been ruled out...the only sighting that the French LE still believes could be credible is Olga's , though there are lots of doubts as well.

The Swiss LE is keeping their investigations very quiet, and people that live in the area are saying that they don't see any kind of activity, no ground searches, no helicopters anymore, no canvassing, so nobody knows what is happening with the Swiss part of the investigation.

ETA: that people are awaiting for this week's Chi L'a Visto? hoping for good positive news.

I just read there has been a new sighting in Italy, this time in La Spezia, where Matthias was allegedly seen Feb. 2nd, around 2:30 pm in a coffee shop in Viale Italia with the girls.

there have been like hundreds of these, only the most credible have made the news... :( I really don't know anymore :( all these sightings in coffee shops, and all by the owners. Why no hotels? Were they sleeping in the car? and the girls never captured by a single surveillance camera?

Thanks for the update, Hazel.

Why the heck are there so many sightings of these girls?

What happened to the other Audi, that was spotted on the Island at the same time as Matthias' was?

If the girls were left "somewhere quiet", where would that be?

Thanks for the update, Hazel.

Why the heck are there so many sightings of these girls?

What happened to the other Audi, that was spotted on the Island at the same time as Matthias' was?

If the girls were left "somewhere quiet", where would that be?

I've been thinking about that 'somewhere quiet', too. This is an international case and I've seen both French and Italian reports. Between the language barriers and all the translations we've seen, I'm wondering whether 'quiet' could actually mean 'peaceful', as in 'they rest in peace'.

I've been thinking about that 'somewhere quiet', too. This is an international case and I've seen both French and Italian reports. Between the language barriers and all the translations we've seen, I'm wondering whether 'quiet' could actually mean 'peaceful', as in 'they rest in peace'.
That was EXACTLY the point I was trying to convey when I asked for the ORIGINAL text of the letter, which was written in French.

I would REALLY appreciate if someone with good knowledge of French could be so kind as to find that original letter for us. We know that French, Italian and Spanish are very rich languages, with lots of synonyms and descriptive words for absolutely everything.

As I said in previous posts, I found Matthias' letter already translated

In Italian the phrase I found was: ""Le bambine riposano in pace, non hanno sofferto"
that translates literally as what people say when someone dies: R.I.P. or Rest in Peace, so

translated into English it would mean: "the little girls are resting in peace, they didn't suffer"
translated into Spanish it would mean: "las niñas descansan en paz, no han sufrido"

We know those are not his exact words, since he didn't write the letter in Italian, and IMO sounds odd that a father will express himself like that about her daughters, to me it sounds too much like a 'cliche'
As you can see, there is no mention in this Italian translation of the word "place", but in the news I've read it refer as a peaceful or tranquil and in an English paper I've seen it refer as a "quiet place" ..... we DO need the French version to see which exact words Matthias used.

That was EXACTLY the point I was trying to convey when I asked for the ORIGINAL text of the letter, which was written in French.

I would REALLY appreciate if someone with good knowledge of French could be so kind as to find that original letter for us. We know that French, Italian and Spanish are very rich languages, with lots of synonyms and descriptive words for absolutely everything.

As I said in previous posts, I found Matthias' letter already translated

In Italian the phrase I found was: ""Le bambine riposano in pace, non hanno sofferto"
that translates literally as what people say when someone dies: R.I.P. or Rest in Peace, so

translated into English it would mean: "the little girls are resting in peace, they did not suffer"
translated into Spanish it would be: "las niñas descansan en paz, no han sufrido"

We know those are not his exact words, since he didn't write the letter in Italian, and IMO sounds odd that a father will express himself like that about her daughters, to me it sounds too much like a 'cliche'

As you can see, there is no mention in this Italian translation of the word "place", but in the news I've read it being referred to as a peaceful or tranquil place, and in an English paper I've even seen it referred to as a "quiet place" ..... we DO need the French version to see which exact words Matthias chose.

Missing twins: solidarity walk in St Sulpice Wednesday (update)
Update 16:05 Geneva and Lausanne, Switzerland (GenevaLunch) - Family, friends and those who have been involved in the search for missing twins Alessia and Livia Schepp gathered at the Pierrette beach in Saint Sulpice, near Lausanne, at 15:00 Wednesday 23 February for an hour-long solidarity walk.

The missing girls’ mother, Irina, met briefly with the 100 or so people who gathered, to thank them for their support and to accept white flowers from two little girls, before she returned to her apartment in tears (photos: 20 Minutes).

Mother describes the girls’ contrasting personalities

She granted an interview to Italian newspaper Corriere della sera, which appeared Tuesday evening. She told the journalist that she “absolutely must find” the girls, that this has now become her life. She talked about sleeping little and waking up to the pain every day, taking painkillers and sleeping pills.
:( I'm so sad, Irina had been so incredibly strong all this time, but this is taking too long, it's hard to remain positive.
watching these last pictures of Irina, just breaks my heart.
http://www.20min.ch/ro/news/vaud/story/Marche-de-soutien-pour-Alessia-et-Livia-26251184

Full article: http://genevalunch.com/blog/2011/02/23/missing-twins-solidarity-walk-in-st-sulpice-wednesday-update/

p.s: my computer is lagging so much today, don't know if it's the site. I made a Timeline of the first day (Sunday, Jan. 30), from the program Chi L'a Visto, is a bit long, will try to post it in parts in a bit

The mom is unraveling :( :( I just want to hug her :(
Me too! ((((((( Irina ))))))))

I hope she has lots of support, she needs someone with her at all times. I don't know if their parents are alive, haven't heard much about them, only that her father is Ascolano (from Ascoli, Italy) and her mother is French.

Irina is a lawyer and works for a multinational company (where Matthias also worked),
and her brother is a surgeon working in Belgium.

I think she is slowly coming to the realization that she might never see them again :(
“Where are my children? There is such wickedness, such cruelty in what Matthias did that I still cannot believe it, Irina says.

“He wanted to punish me: his hatred towards me was greater than his love for his children. That, I find chilling.”

Pictures of the Girls' room and some of their artwork: http://www.corriere.it/gallery/cronache/02-2011/gemelle/1/alessia-livia-disegni-giochi_b44a18fc-3ed0-11e0-a025-f4888ad76c86.shtml#1

(the picture of the sad blue man is obviously Matthias, done the first day in the new apartment, right after their parents separated)

T I M E L I N E

(based on last week's program (Feb. 16th, 2011) – Chi L'ha Visto? – up to the 00:24:00 mark)

Links:
---- Wednesday, Feb. 16, 2011 : http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programmi/media/ContentItem-3743b935-6aa0-4695-89c0-ecce03dbeeb9.html#p=0

---- Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2011 : http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programmi/media/ContentItem-5ad617ae-113a-4a10-a802-6fe0c0aad734.html#p=0

Disclaimer: The information is ever-changing as new information comes up, I just tried to put some info here for us to have a better understanding of what happened that weekend.
Also, since these events happened in Switzerland, I would appreciate if someone knows of new facts or different facts to please let us know, so I could add/correct it. Thanks in advance.

After I and M got married, he started showing the dark side of his introverted personality. Irina says in the interview that he was certainly not the man she married, she continues saying that she really thinks that Matthias had two faces...she starts saying something like: “and I was...”, then she says she doesn't know how to explain it, she doesn't know.

August 2010 – M and I separated last summer (last days of August).

September 2010 – In view that Matthias didn't want to leave the family home, Irina decided to move out, renting a small apartment nearby, in downtown St. Sulpice (small town of 3000 inhabitants).
Matthias stays alone living at 14 Champagna Rd., in a village where every angle gives the sense of tranquility; very quiet, very clean, well-kept private houses with tall hedges.

The custody agreement was that Matthias could have the girls every other weekend plus one day a week (from Tuesday noon to Wednesday at noon).

December 2010 – last Christmas holidays, Irina agreed that he could take the girls for a three-week trip to the Caribbean, in a sailboat (?). [Haven't been able to find out exactly where in the Caribbean, which island(s)] - Irina spends Christmas alone without the girls.

Wednesday, Jan. 26 – Irina sends Matthias an e-mail, in which she talks about the divorce. Matthias has only one computer, a laptop, that he keeps on his desk, at work.
He starts searching the internet: -– firearms –– poison –– painless methods to commit suicide -– ferry itinerary from Marseille to Corsica

Thursday, Jan. 27 – At home, he writes his Will (testament), handwritten, in which he leaves his assets to Alessia and Livia, he explains immediately that if A&L are no longer, then his assets will go to his twin brother and his sister.

Friday, Jan. 28 – At 6:00 pm starts the 48 hours that the girls are supposed to spend with Matthias. Normally he spends all that time with his twins, but not this weekend, this is not a weekend like all the others. He does something he had never done before.

Saturday, Jan. 29 -– In the afternoon, Matthias goes to the neighbour, who is a family friend, and who lives right across Matthias' house. He wanted to drop off the girls so they could play with his son for a couple hours. But the neighbour was not home, he was gone all afternoon with his son.
That was something that Matthias had never done before, because whenever he had the twins on a weekend, he would never bring the girls to play with his son - Matthias had this obsession to spend every single moment with the girls.
Now everyone is wondering what was it that Matthias needed to do, or where was it that he had to go to, that he had to go by himself, and couldn't take the twins along with him??

to be continued.....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slim Summers