KY KY - Richard Strong, 51, Raven, 18 Feb 2011

nerosleuth

Reaction score
Posted: 8:03 PM Feb 21, 2011
Wife searching for missing husband

Police in one eastern Kentucky County are searching for a man who never came home on Friday.

51 year-old Richard Strong has not been seen since that night.

Darlene says the last time she talked to her husband was 3:00 Friday afternoon, and says he was just dropping off a neighbor at his house.

But police say later that night, Richard Strong was with a group of people on top of this strip mine above Highway 899 in Raven.

"We've had several reports of activity, drinking activity. Just a party, a get-together," said Officer Ken Amburgey with the Knott County Police Department.

Amburgey says the last time witnesses saw Strong was wandering away from this campsite following an alleged altercation with another person.

Police report they found Strong's car a couple of miles away up another trail, but no sign of him.

Darlene says her husband is 6'2", and was wearing a blue flannel jacket and blue jeans when he left the house. She also says he is diabetic, and has not taken his medicine since Friday morning.

http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/Wife_searching_for_missing_husband_116623608.html

Updated: 11:34 PM Feb 25, 2011
Wife still searching for missing husband

It's been one week since 51 year-old Richard Strong was last seen in Knott County.

Police say the last time anyone saw Strong was one week ago at a party on top of a strip mine site.

Rescue teams have searched several miles along Highway 899 in the Raven community of Knott County, but have seen no signs of the Knott County man.

Strong says her husband is 6'2", and was wearing a blue flannel jacket and blue jeans when she last saw him.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtnews/headlines/Wife_still_searching_for_missing_husband_116964573.html

Updated: 10:17 PM Mar 7, 2011
Search for missing man continues

Police are re-interviewing witnesses they say were with a Knott County man the night he was last seen.

Police say he was at a party on a strip mine the night he disappeared.

Police say they recovered the truck he drove just up a hill just past mile marker 9 on Highway 899.

Strong says she and her family have checked several other abandoned cars on both sides of the creek, but still no sign of her husband.

Police say they are following leads and re-interviewing witnesses, but no one has been charged in connection to his disappearance.

Strong's family is offering a $5,000 reward for information that will help police.
You can contact State Police at 606-435-6069.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtnews/headlines/Search_for_missing_man_continues_117544959.html

Attachments

• Richard Strong.jpg
    Richard Strong.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 15
Go to the video of this link that nerosleuth provided for us in the OP.

Please watch it.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtnews/headlines/Wife_still_searching_for_missing_husband_116964573.html

I've got tears in my eyes and I rarely if ever do that anymore because of reading here so much.

To Darlene wife of Richard: I'll be praying sweetie that he comes home to you soon. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this pain. I can see that you love Richard with all your heart. I remember you tonight in my prayers I promise.

Not directed at Darlene, I think after all these years here on WS we can tell this isn't going to be a happy outcome. I am thinking he is probably up on that hill still. They are just looking in the wrong places. I wonder if they were able to get any evidence of who might have moved that car once they found it? Might not be able to match it but have it on file in case that person commits a crime and gets printed later on. KWIM?

I wonder did they have dogs go out yet and search? Maybe the family can get ahold of TX Equusearch? This might be a good case for it since this is a rural area that might not have adequate resources within the county budget.

There's more than one person knows about what happened that night and where he is and how his vehicle got moved so far away from the party.

They know, and it's just a matter of time before someone tells. Might not be right away but if more than one person knows a secret you can bet your sweet bippy that somewhere down the road one or more of them are going to whisper to someone about that secret. Might as well tell what you know and work out a real good deal now.

I wonder if NG would cover him since he is a high risk missing person given that he has diabetes and no meds?

Prayers for this family. May Richard come home soon.

I just found out that over in Magoffin County, Kentucky, there is a 26 year old Magoffin County man that went missing a few weeks before Richard Strong went missing. Magoffin County is next to and Northwest of Knott County.

The missing 26 year old is Jerry Rowe Jr. of Royalton. He went missing on January 28. There is a WebSleuths thread for Jerry Rowe Jr.

KY KY - Jerry Rowe Jr. - 26 years old - Royalton - 28 Jan 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Both men went missing under similar circumstances.

Nero, I'm trying to get a mental image of where in KY these counties are...are they somewhat close to Hazard? I'm thinking they might be. It's of no consequence if they are, I'm just trying to get the lay of the land out in my head.

If I read correctly Jerry went missing close to the county border of Breathitt/Magoffin and depending on exactly where he went missing in relation to Richard those locations could be as close together as an hour--if I got the right image in my head.

I'm not real familiar with that area of KY. I've been to Hazard on several occasions as a kid but I am not sure if I ever got over to the other counties.

Prayers for these two men.

where in KY these counties are...are they somewhat close to Hazard?

Yes, both locations are close to Hazard. Hazard is in Perry County.

Knott County and Breathitt County is next to Perry County. Knott and Breathitt are rural mountain counties in Eastern Kentucky.

The Raven area where Richard disappeared is near the Knott-Floyd County border.

And you're also correct that the area where Richard disappeared and the area where Jerry disappeared are less than an hour's drive from each other.

there is also a 3rd male missing,from carter county.All 3 went missing within 2 months of one another ,all are in one hours drive of each other and all are concidered to be drug related.

Jerry Rowe 26,missing Magoffin County,01/29/2011
Dillon "Nemo" Bryant 19,missing Carter County 02/28/2011
Richard Strong 51,missing Knott County 02/18/2011

there is also a 3rd male missing, from carter county. All 3 went missing within 2 months of one another ,all are in one hours drive of each other and all are considered to be drug related.

Jerry Rowe 26,missing Magoffin County,01/29/2011
Dillon "Nemo" Bryant 19,missing Carter County 02/28/2011
Richard Strong 51,missing Knott County 02/18/2011

:Welcome1:

Welcome to WebSleuths! We're glad to have you here margaretcarver.

Yes, you are correct that there are three men from Eastern Kentucky that are missing. The general area that they're missing from is South of I-64 and East of I-75 in Kentucky.

HRK9B4C92S54U5L9

Here is a missing person poster for Richard Strong that was created by a member of WebSleuths.

Attachments

• Richard Strong Missing Poster.jpg
    Richard Strong Missing Poster.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 14
Welcome MargaretCarver!

We are glad you joined us. Your attachments may not show up until you have about 50 posts. Just the way the websight is set up here.

Thank you for drawing our attention to Nemo.

Knott county adjoins Letcher and Perry counties.Pike is close to Letcher and Floyd is close to Perry. I am from this area. I am so sorry that this man is missing and I hope for some news but there are several missing young men in close by counties. Something sinister is going on.

Bumping + noticed a 2018 UID (The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)) with similar stats and similar tattoos - same Yosemite Sam tattoo on left arm, RS has 'praying hands' tattoo and UID has 'elaborate tattoo', and RS had a chihuahua tattoo on his back while UID has a "Rocklahoma 2016" and skull tattoo on back (I know these are nothing alike, but if I had a chihuahua tattoo I might get a cover up as well :confused:). I reached out to Kentucky PD via e-mail, just in case.

Nero, I'm trying to get a mental image of where in KY these counties are...are they somewhat close to Hazard? I'm thinking they might be. It's of no consequence if they are, I'm just trying to get the lay of the land out in my head.

If I read correctly Jerry went missing close to the county border of Breathitt/Magoffin and depending on exactly where he went missing in relation to Richard those locations could be as close together as an hour--if I got the right image in my head.

I'm not real familiar with that area of KY. I've been to Hazard on several occasions as a kid but I am not sure if I ever got over to the other counties.

Prayers for these two men.
i realize this is an older post but i am from eastern kentucky and am following these stories for updates. this area is very close to my home in the far southeast part of the state about an hour/more or less from tennessee.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back