NY-LI-4 bodies on Beach-Possible SK-12/10-All id'd,4 more found 3/11 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The earring was it turn over to LE? I would think there would dna on it!

That would solve who earring it was?[/QUOTE

Hey t..She didn't say what they did with the earring but it makes total sense that an earring would have dna cos it goes thru the ear lobe skin..I'm not sure if they gave it to LE but since they know for a fact she was there that night maybe they wouldn't bother to even test it?

I'm from LI. A drifter who crashes at someone's house in Oak Beach during the summer is--I would bet a SURFER...there are many, many,many surfers in that area. In fact, a lot of surfers are only there for the summer then take off to a warm climate like PR. Some even go to Indo or Thailand. So, yeah, a drifter or sorts.

Except this drifter is now in Georgia, which is not exactly a common destination for a LIer - or a surfer.

Except this drifter is now in Georgia, which is not exactly a common destination for a LIer - or a surfer.

Just to add: I think it is good to remember the source who said that he was in Georgia; JB's momma wasn't it? :innocent:

If there truly is this drifter (there that night) why would the 'john' go along with taking the heat alone? He has to know many are pointing at him as the SK ever since the bodies were found last DEC..No matter what LE said I can't see why he'd go along with keeping quiet..He could've spilled the beans to the media months ago without anyone knowing it was him that did. KWIM?

Yes, I live in New England and love that stale muddy seaweedy north Atlantic smell -- but it's nothing like dead people, or dead anything for that matter, except sometimes dead fish.

It just strikes me odd, that's all.

Maybe that's the reason for the burlap.

I live on the Cape in the summer & that fishy/seaweed smell makes me :sick:

But I know others who love it too :)

I'm not sure but it seems to me smells (especially of a dead body) would come right thru burlap vs something else.

Most Common Occupations in Gilgo-oak Beach-captree Cdp, New York
Protective Service Occupations:
Fire Fighting, Prevention, And Law Enforcement Workers, Including Supervisors 2.14%

Total Population (Gilgo-oak Beach-captree Cdp, New York : 2009)
Total : 534

534 x 2.14% = 11 - 12 residents have occupations in Fire Fighting, Prevention, And Law Enforcement Workers, Including Supervisors

If there truly is this drifter (there that night) why would the 'john' go along with taking the heat alone? He has to know many are pointing at him as the SK ever since the bodies were found last DEC..No matter what LE said I can't see why he'd go along with keeping quiet..He could've spilled the beans to the media months ago without anyone knowing it was him that did. KWIM?

I have thought from the very beginning that there is more than one person involved. I know most SK work alone, but my gut says there is a lot of money surrounding this. Drug ring combined with prostitution, maybe video/*advertiser censored*. I think it was almost cultish and everyone needs to stay quiet or they will all be implicated. I think SG was made aware via something horrible in the house that she was in grave danger. I think she locked herself in a bathroom and called 911, I think these people had scanners and knew no cops were dispatched. She climbed out a window and was pursued and caught. There were neighbors who saw JB and another person in the middle of the night with little light filling up a Uhaul--very odd. If I was on the case I'd talk to the local cab company, they know EVERYTHING in towns like that. I also think the second set of bodies had no shoes, like the AC killings and that's why they think there is a connection. One of the dead AC girls spent 5 weeks in the Pines, then left and turned up dead in AC, could be a coincidence or maybe she was emeshed in the Oak Beach scene and one of her customers went there on her request. I never did think there was a connection, but if there is one it's a different killer, but the killers know eachother--a SK ring, yup, I said it.

Okay, I decided to publish my Craigslist SK crime map. Notably, I am excluding the various POIs discussed here and elsewhere, for now. Though, they are in the crime map database. This particular map reflects both the dump sites (red dots) as well as the last seen locations (turquois dots). The names should be clickable and take you to relevant articles. That said, you can find the crime map here: Craigslist SK crime map

Do we know if Shannan was on any meds for her bipolar?

That is another thing to consider when considering medication/drug issues. If she was already on something for that... it may also interact with something else she took.

I also think it is entirely possible that she had a bad reaction to a drug. If someone in that house was REALLY trying to kill her, WHY would they let her stay on the phone with 911? Or let her leave the house?

I think also if she had been running from a person, she would have ran into the first house who opened their door and stayed in there. Not run right back out.

I don't know if I think that she died on her own out there... I think it is also likely that someone DID hear the call on the scanner. Just not a fine upstanding person who was there to protect and serve. Or, if you are a serial killer dumping a body... 5am would be a lovely time to do so. Maybe she literally ran right into him.

Thanks ElizaAvalon, obviously just a coincidence, I'm sorry I mentioned, but I'm sure you can understand I might think that since the posts were only 6 apart on the same page and posted within half an hour of each other with the same link. Just goes to show how unlikely coincidences do happen eh! :blushing:

I have to remind myself that a lot of people actually do not read through the entire thread before they respond. Especially if they find something exciting or shocking. :woohoo:

I actually also found the same link, but I try REALLY hard not to post unless I've read through the thread first. At the very least I read a couple pages before... some people don't even read the post right above where they are posting.

Oftentimes it is a race to see who can post the information first. It's pretty rare that only one person finds it. Especially in a case this active. There are so many people constantly searching on all different aspects of this case, it's highly unlikely only one person will find any piece of information. (Unless it's like personal knowledge or something.)

That's actually the reason that I try to keep up with the thread though. If I spend time trying to find something... then come here and realize someone found it hours before.... I just :banghead: ...

Just came out today:

The man, a 48-year-old drifter with a penchant for strippers, was staying at the Oak Beach summer home owned by businessman Joseph Brewer, the john who hired Gilbert in May 2010 and was also with her that night.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/nd_man_partied_with_missing_li_hooker_LqvHfXICfjJH6uNATrrKmK

One of the girls in the first group of 4 found on LI went missing in June of 2010. Acc to this article Shannan had been at JB's in May 2010. That is a blockbuster too realizing she had been there before IMO.

Also in this article it says this guy's {assuming again the drifter} mom said he was in Georgia. His mom told The Post yesterday that her son had contacted her after Gilbert's disappearance. She said she believes he is now somewhere in Georgia. "He called me," she said. "He told me not to worry if his name was in the papers related to the case."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...i_hooker_LqvHfXICfjJH6uNATrrKmK#ixzz1J6IDRwhw

It didn't sound conclusive from the way she said it that he is in Georgia IMO.

And also the mom said her son had called her to warn her his name might be in the media. He could have told her to say he could be in Georgia to throw LE off track. And it doesn't say when he called to tell her this. Was it in the last few days as LE has been grilling him and he realized he'll probably be hitting the papers?

Drifter doesn't fit with an organized killer does it? Something sounds a bit fishy here to me, and maybe LE has told this reporter to put that info out there for some reason. Maybe to p*ss him off. And why put in there his penchant for strippers? I don't see any reason to put that in the article. Again, IMO

Source: No burlap among latest remains
Originally published: April 9, 2011 10:17 PM
Updated: April 9, 2011 10:25 PM
By ANDREW STRICKLER

None of the human remains found within the past two weeks near Gilgo Beach were wrapped in burlap, a source with knowledge of the investigation said Saturday, unlike the four discovered last year.
The burlap, a key piece of evidence among other shared traits of the victims found in December, led Suffolk police to believe they were the targets of a serial killer.
No determination has been made on whether the remains found March 29 and Monday are linked to the previous remains of four women who worked as prostitutes, police said. But "very significant" differences exist between the two sets that raise the possibility that the deaths are the work of more than one killer, the source said.
Investigators do not yet know the age of the remains found recently along Ocean Parkway, but one of them is "clearly quite old," the source said.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/crime/source-no-burlap-among-latest-remains-1.2810091

i'd like to know this as well. i've listened to it, repeated it in parts, and yet i don't recall the sister saying that shannon named the doctor as the killer.

does anyone have proof of this?

Well she wasn't dead yet.

A Snippet from: http://www.my9tv.com/dpp/my9_news/suspected-long-island-serial-killer-%27met-victims-on-craigslist%27

"telling an emergency operator that she feared for her life and was trying to get away from a client. Now we know there were 2 clients at JB's house

Her family said police know the man's name -- and that he lives near the stretch of Ocean Parkway in Gilgo Beach where the body believed to be Gilbert's, and three others, were found in the past two days.

"We all heard the last 911 call," said Gilbert's mother, Mari Gilbert. "[Shannan] was screaming the person's name [and saying], 'He is trying to kill me' She was saying, 'Help me! Help me! Help me!' She was trying to escape. We know who it is.

Since Shannan named this person to the 911 operator, saying 'He is trying to kill me', how could it be more clear as to what happened. That doesn't mean this guy is the SK, but he was trying to kill her at that point in time. IMO

maybe le put out this drifter bit as well as the le bit to throw off the serial killer. if the sk is comfy thinking they're not searching in his direction, le can observe him.

as for a drifter, is the guy a trust fund drifter?

:floorlaugh: Good one and ITA with you about this guy being a drifter.

Looking at a photo of JB I had the feeling he looks like a very low key 'Frasier'. In other words I can't see this guy JB partying with a drifter unless he was a trust fund drifter. xox IMO

I have thought from the very beginning that there is more than one person involved. I know most SK work alone, but my gut says there is a lot of money surrounding this. Drug ring combined with prostitution, maybe video/*advertiser censored*. I think it was almost cultish and everyone needs to stay quiet or they will all be implicated. I think SG was made aware via something horrible in the house that she was in grave danger. I think she locked herself in a bathroom and called 911, I think these people had scanners and knew no cops were dispatched. She climbed out a window and was pursued and caught. There were neighbors who saw JB and another person in the middle of the night with little light filling up a Uhaul--very odd. If I was on the case I'd talk to the local cab company, they know EVERYTHING in towns like that. I also think the second set of bodies had no shoes, like the AC killings and that's why they think there is a connection. One of the dead AC girls spent 5 weeks in the Pines, then left and turned up dead in AC, could be a coincidence or maybe she was emeshed in the Oak Beach scene and one of her customers went there on her request. I never did think there was a connection, but if there is one it's a different killer, but the killers know eachother--a SK ring, yup, I said it.

Where did you get info. that one of the women spent 5 weeks in the Pines?! The Pines is a gay summer community on the other end of Fire Island. Have you confused it with somewhere else? Also - this case is reminiscent, unfortunately, of so many over the years - in which the most vulnerable (and considered expendable) women - prostitutes - were killed by a misogynistic sociopath for his own pleasure. I don't think conspiracies/cults or groups of men more than 2 (there are also many cases of 2 working together, not as common but it happens) come into play here, and there's nothing to indicate they would. Or surfers, for that matter. It's not California - the surfers I've seen in that area are just local and young.

There is no Oak Beach "scene". Well, at least not anymore now that the OBI is gone.

Do you have a link to the pines reference? I know Roffa's husband has a photo on his FB which has a comment about the Pines and how she loved it when he renovated her kitchen, but I have not read anywhere that that is where she and her husband went during those 5 weeks on LI before she went back to AC.

HOWEVER, I am buying the ring thoughts, especially since not 1 but 2 men (the Georgia drifter and the doctor) have been brought to our attention as possibly having contact with Shannan that night. Kind of makes it more of a "party".

:eek:

Does anyone else notice some of the burlap bags/sacks seem to have 'writing or pictures' on them?

Maybe part of the 'race' included designing your sack but whatever it would be extremely stupid to use one of those or one with a biz name so I doubt that's what the SK did..Still, this def proves there's a connection here to burlap sacks!

I think it really just shows the prevalence of burlap sacks in that area- they are obviously used for many things. But the picture certainly was jarring, since we now have such a different, terrible usage of those sacks in our brains - especially seeing them with kids and such an innocent activity. Creeped me out and made me sad.

I just found this GREAT photo of a huge Oak Island Beach Association sign at the entrance, which clearly shows the location at the junction of Anchor Way and the Fairway. You can clearly see the the straw colored phragmites (rat tail weeds) in the background, which could be mistaken for "corn fields" - although they're actually wetlands.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/04...roperty-values-decreasing-after-bodies-found/

This answers a question from a few pages back, reposting below:

Originally Posted by Soulmagent
But when she took her call setting up the date she would have had the oak beach address and would have known that going though gate.

It is a gated community. She had a driver but how would she not know where she was exactly. If she could see where she was driving to then wouldnt there be a huge sign when you go into the comminuty that would have said the name of where she was at? If you had to stop to be let in or get your car pass wouldnt you had read it?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6298057&postcount=729"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY-Long Island-4 bodies on Beach-Possible Serial Killer-Dec 2010- All id'd, #2[/ame]

These may have been posted before, but they show that this is a community where people know each other and socialize together, and anybody who doesn't would be a stand out IMHO.

http://oakbeachcivicassociation.com/about/executive_board

and a slide show called "Oak Beach Association" which is not embedding properly, but should be accessible via a search of www.slideshare.com and includes lists all the associations that are based there. Oak Beach Association

Yep. I was afraid to link to it in my post #323. There's a name connected to that.

I just found this GREAT photo of a huge Oak Island Beach Association sign at the entrance, which clearly shows the location at the junction of Anchor Way and the Fairway. You can clearly see the the straw colored phragmites (rat tail weeds) in the background, which could be mistaken for "corn fields" - although they're actually wetlands.

Thank you!

Also you can now see clearly what they mean by "gated" community. There's your gate w/punchcode as I described in a previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86