2011.05.17 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day Eight)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Casey Anthony trial: Family is trade-marking 'Justice for Caylee'

George and Cindy Anthony are trade-marking their granddaughter's name so people won't be able to use or sell items in her likeness.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-casey-anthony-trial-caylee-tradema20110517,0,7229816.story

:tyou: salvarenga

I just have to decide that nothing these people do is going to bother me, because I am sure this is just the beginning of what all the smarmy people have in the works.

Let them smarm away. There is justice in the Universe. I just know there is...but reading that makes me want to :sick:

:twocents:

Casey Anthony trial: Family is trade-marking 'Justice for Caylee'

George and Cindy Anthony are trade-marking their granddaughter's name so people won't be able to use or sell items in her likeness.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-casey-anthony-trial-caylee-tradema20110517,0,7229816.story

Oh for the love of God ~ This doesn't surprise me at all. The only shock to me is that they didn't do it earlier.
I can't even describe how angry that makes me.

"Take another "hit" Caylee at the hands of your loving family.
You have supported them for 3yrs, so why not forever I guess.

As a long-time lurker allow me to finally attempt to thank you all for your knowledge, wit and logic. All commenters here have become "friends" in my small world.

In 2008 my husband who relied on me to keep him updated with news (mostly political) never seemed to show any true interest in what I thought were my "brilliant" analyses. However, in the summer of 2008 after recently moving to Volusia County in Florida (slightly east of Orange) he developed an truly uncharateristic obsession with this case.

In November, I had to have him admitted to the hospital with an unknown illness. After 41 years of marriage I know now I was in denial about how sick he really was. Soon after being moved to ICU, I lost my husband of 41 years. Lived in a fog for quite a while after this. It was much later that my daughter reminded me that the day he died was the same day Caylee's remains were discovered. She is convinced that it was due to my husband's intervention.

For me at that time this WS site became my couseling group and in many ways kept me moving on. For that, I have to thank each and everyone of you.

Thanks again and I do believe justice will be served.

Mod Note:

Just a reminder that we don't use nicknames for players in this case... Not even admiring nicknames.
:)

:tyou:

I don't know what these are, but they look good and snacky.

09_09_34---Party-Food_web.jpg

http://www.freefoto.com/images/09/09/09_09_34---Party-Food_web.jpg?&k=Party+Food

OK...I'm sorry to say this...but seeing KC being so animated and perky and smiling....just gets me PO'd beyond belief.
I believe the AA juror who "can't judge" people is gonna surprise us all. There's many writings in the bible/scriptures about not judging...or only God can judge....BUT, then again, as been mentioned, there are the commandments "Thou shalt not kill"....the "coveting" one basically saying not "steal" neighbors goods - ummm, AH's money and checks....her sick Grandpa's money for his rehab....her mom and dads....can go on for days.
AND, I also believe, once she starts seeing the pictures of poor Caylee dumped like garbage and the duct tape....IMO, she's gonna be sooo disgusted!!!
The scriptures also have many passages about the Lord saying that children are "pure of heart"....I think the point will be driven home that KC took the life of "an innocent"...a child "pure of heart" and soul.....the greatest gift from God, etc.
I believe this woman WILL be able to "judge" this sensless murder....OR, won't be able to continue on the jury and ask to be removed. Just IMO.

Off topic a bit, but it appears that ICA is always very aware that she is on camera. Especially when she left for lunch today as she walked out. She was walking the same way she was when Belich asked her why she was strutting that one day. She doesn't always walk in that manner. Very curious to me is all.

I guess the trademarking of "xx for Caylee" (better not use it or the grandparents will sue me) means that nobody can put that thought into writing or on a shirt. That is so sad. IMO. I notice they haven't tried to trademark "Justice for Casey". No way would they stop that from being published.

This is beginning to become aggravating. JB is going to keep this count at 11 until he has used all his strikes. You watch. And, I think HHJP has realized that as well and he is no happy camper about it.

JB struck #1251 - he could have done that this morning but did he? Nope, because they got down to 11 - JB's magic number.

Aggravating and frustrating

From the morning thread, day eight:

Because this is taking longer then the judge wanted it to I get the impression his anger/frustration is focused on the State not the DT

I tend to agree. I'm not seeing equal fairness especially with the peremptory challenges. Why was the DT allowed a challenge to SA's peremptory re: the woman who can't judge people "because DT believed SA wanted to challenge because she's of African descent" but yet when the SA says DT wants to strike another "because she's female, and protected", he sides with the DT. Plus he ignored the fact that the DT's reasons were contradictory to keeping other jurors (no mercy, young child/grandchild).

Something is very wrong. Why side with the DT when they're the ones who've been stalling this process for soooooooo long and don't do what they're supposed to do on time?

I'm very concerned.

I don't know... it seems maybe very poorly planned, that in a case of this magnitude they didn't have many pj's waiting in the wings. The well has dried up for now? Unbelievable.

dang I couldn't correct my typo in the up thread on the Juror number 1391 but instead correction of 1319

1340: first guy up that took forever (7 y/o daughter)
1398: crisis counselor
1019: computer guy with nurse wife
1055: nursing student with the rat terrier
1319: older AA lady had a challenge by state that was denied
1429: long grey haired lady that had a dui
1025: chef with 2 young kids
1007: giggly lady defense challenge denied
1159: VA guy with 5 years in the army has young son
3397: stocktrader with bad back
3308: ret. coast guard guy was going to take gma to the bball game

I posted this in the stickie thread as well.. I am trying to keep it organized for everyone (I cannot believe I am taking notes on paper LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ebilling