TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some while ago Holly's mom had urged people to check their (often expansive) property to look for Holly or evidence. It was mentioned too that some people would not let searchers on their property. So I can see the paragliders being useful to 1) cover large areas of wood or farmland and 2) be able to look over and into property not accessible by foot for various reasons. Aparently Holly's mom had contacted a local paraglider club to arrange for this.

Considering they did helicopter searches early on, they could have seen property they were denied ground access to..
So I wonder if another reason for paragliders is because they are more stealth -
Faster than a balloon, silently coasting overhead having the advantage of catching a perp in the woods off guard with Holly...

ETA - spy satellite imagery would show details of campsites, but don't know if it would show people?

images

Turkey on top of someone's carport or garage.

Wasn't going to post this, but the articles are conflicting on whether it was a large framed woman or a smaller framed woman. Since I don't know which is accurate... nobody can be ruled out based on size...

I assume that it would be the wrong direction to have been from TN... but what do I know.

Woman's body recovered from Mississippi River

http://www.winonadailynews.com/news/local/article_caba889a-c1d6-11e0-b964-001cc4c03286.html

http://www.myjournalcourier.com/news/body-34482-county-calhoun.html

Wasn't going to post this, but the articles are conflicting on whether it was a large framed woman or a smaller framed woman. Since I don't know which is accurate... nobody can be ruled out based on size...

I assume that it would be the wrong direction to have been from TN... but what do I know.

Woman's body recovered from Mississippi River

http://www.winonadailynews.com/news/local/article_caba889a-c1d6-11e0-b964-001cc4c03286.html

700+ miles from Darden TN to the Pla-Mor Campground in Minnesota:

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=D...2JA;FTqNnwIdhrCL-iHGCb8zzge7XA&mra=ls&t=h&z=6

2nd article says LE estimates body has been there 3 to 5 weeks.

The theory of holly and her abductor kneeling to pray is an interesting scenerio considering how involved in the church the family is. Hmmmmmm

700+ miles from Darden TN to the Pla-Mor Campground in Minnesota:

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=D...2JA;FTqNnwIdhrCL-iHGCb8zzge7XA&mra=ls&t=h&z=6

2nd article says LE estimates body has been there 3 to 5 weeks.

Or "likely months"earlier in that article depending on which cop you want to listen to... :banghead:

There is virtually no way it's Holly. But since we have no clue what happened to Holly.. we have no idea.

I know there is a shed in the Bobo’s backyard, and some of you have mentioned there may be some type of vehicle stored there (as in an ATV, like a four-wheeler?).

IF CB had access to an ATV, I wonder why he ran into the woods to look for Holly and not jump on the ATV and go look for her.

Too many if’s and why’s in this case.

Also that there was an abandoned shack near Natchez Trace where some items belonging to HB were discovered in the days following by searchers.
Thought to be where she was kept the first night.
I tend to agree with the locals on this. But I am stubborn and don't often believe that logic is so simple as we think.
JMO:twocents:

This was posted here yesterday, peeps, and FYI is really important info.:

Did you all not read what SNOWINMEMPHIS said here: abandoned shack near Natchez Trace where some items belonging to HB were discovered in the days following by searchers.

Another post I find very relevant is by wfgodot listing all of the reports about the "carport". This only further confirms what I said earlier that Clint meant "carport" when he said "garage" on JVM.

Did you all not read what SNOWINMEMPHIS said here: abandoned shack near Natchez Trace where some items belonging to HB were discovered in the days following by searchers.

That is because this was a RUMOR, as far as I know...

concentric, are you referring to the search area off of 114? TIA.

Yes. It's another wild Topix rumor. People keep trying to bring them here. I'm not sure why. Why not just discuss them on Topix?

Another post I find very relevant is by wfgodot listing all of the reports about the "carport". This only further confirms what I said earlier that Clint meant "carport" when he said "garage" on JVM.

Im not sure because a carport and a garage are two really different parts of a house. And its not like ALL of the reports say carport...

All of this could have been resolved in .07 seconds if JVM had been more clear in her questioning on TV

The fact that Clint, the only known witness to the abduction says "Garage" makes me think of a garage or garage-like part of the house. Given that unknown or unnamed sources came up with the whole dragged fiasco , and the flecks of blood on the front yard, I can not just assume that the same unknown authors got "carport" right when the witness said "garage"

Yes. It's another wild Topix rumor. People keep trying to bring them here. I'm not sure why. Why not just discuss them on Topix?

Because Topix makes ones eyes bleed...
WS's is like Visine For Topix. :crazy:

In all seriousness- there was a search east of 114. I don't know what happened to the SAR paperwork from that search. :waitasec:

<snipped>
For example, in various written reports it was said blood was found in the driveway (thats the front of the house). Other reports say carport, which perhaps is in the back of the house. And Holly's brother, more recently said "in the garage" which technically is an enclosed area on the front of the house.

Being taken by your car parked out in front of the house on the driveway is not the same as being accosted behind your house under the cover of the carport, or in some sort of garge space.

It may depend on what people refer to as the driveway. Is the driveway just the paved section at the front of the house or does it include the unpaved section that goes to the back of the house? I'd call the unpaved section the driveway also because it leads to the carport (aka garage). I live in the country and my driveway is unpaved, and I still call it the driveway (but none of mine is paved). Anyway I'd call the whole thing the driveway.

The important detail is where Holly's car was parked. Did she not like to get her car dirty so she stayed on the paved section (if it's a gravel drive it doesn't really get your car dirty though) or did she like to park in the carport in case it rained?

The biggest hope I see coming out of Clint's recollection now is if he could remember somewhere he's seen or maybe even heard the abductor before, like Elizabeth Smart's sister did.

The holly bobo case seems like someone who does not know the family, was probably watching her and planned this out for awhile. Well, that's my guess.

Does anyone know of a case from TN involving a young blonde woman? her name is Rachel Conger. I googled 'missing people in TN' and she was listed.
I wonder if this case is close or with similar circumstance

The holly bobo case seems like someone who does not know the family, was probably watching her and planned this out for awhile. Well, that's my guess.

Does anyone know of a case from TN involving a young blonde woman? her name is Rachel Conger. I googled 'missing people in TN' and she was listed.

Rachel Conger (Charley Project)

Sounds totally unrelated, for one she is believed to be a victim of a murder-suicide involving her husband...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave