Possible lead in Susan Powell case, 8-18-11

I would have NEVER allowed it either. What mother would have? I wouldn't let my toddlers go anywhere at midnight in a blizzard, let alone CAMPING. What a ridiculous notion. It is such an obvious lie. How can people support him after hearing his pathetic attempt at a story ?

Are we to believe that 2 toddlers are taken camping at midnight in a snowstorm, and then coincidentally, on the very same night, mom runs off and changes her identity, leaving her kids forever?

Wouldn't it be really odd if they found a dirty diaper and could trace the DNA back to the youngest? Long shot...but....

Nite all! :eek:fftobed:

Wonder how Josh is sleeping tonight and would I ever love to be a fly on the wall at their house..

Are we allowed to post links to youtube? I just watched this interview, 'Update on Missing Mother From Utah Susan Powell'. Between 1:30 and 1:40 the news report shows video of the Powell's residence. Two panels of the front bay window are broken out and covered with cardboard. Could these have been broken during a scuffle? Was this brought up before?

Are we allowed to post links to youtube? I just watched this interview, 'Update on Missing Mother From Utah Susan Powell'. Between 1:30 and 1:40 the news report shows video of the Powell's residence. Two panels of the front bay window are broken out and covered with cardboard. Could these have been broken during a scuffle? Was this brought up before?

As I recall, the police broke at least one of those windows when they did the welfare check at the babysitter's request. They thought perhaps the Powell family fell victim to carbon monoxide poisoning. When they went inside, they found nobody home and the big, mysterious wet spot on the carpet with a fan set up to blow it dry. Why in the world would Susan clean the carpet if she was leaving her family? Why in the world would Josh clean the carpet right before heading out on a camping trip? I can only think of one viable scenario for the wet carpet...

As I recall, the police broke at least one of those windows when they did the welfare check at the babysitter's request. They thought perhaps the Powell family fell victim to carbon monoxide poisoning. When they went inside, they found nobody home and the big, mysterious wet spot on the carpet with a fan set up to blow it dry. Why in the world would Susan clean the carpet if she was leaving her family? Why in the world would Josh clean the carpet right before heading out on a camping trip? I can only think of one viable scenario for the wet carpet...

Thank you for reminding me about the fan on the wet carpet spot. Let me rephrase an earlier post:

Are we to believe that 2 toddlers are taken camping at midnight in a snowstorm, and then coincidentally, on the very same night, mom runs off and changes her identity, leaving her kids forever--but first she spot cleans the carpet ?

watching JP interview today or was it yesterday now...anyway is it me or has anyone else notice that cocky smile on his face when he says "I have good reason to hope" at the start of the interview http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52421263-78/powell-josh-steve-susan.html.csp

I don't know to me he is cocky and he knows that the police is in the wrong place and he thinks it is funny that they are but holds it back. Very cocky he is

also look at mark 1:16 at the big old smile he has. He knows they are not in the right place!

Thank you for reminding me about the fan on the wet carpet spot. Let me rephrase an earlier post:

Are we to believe that 2 toddlers are taken camping at midnight in a snowstorm, and then coincidentally, on the very same night, mom runs off and changes her identity, leaving her kids forever--but first she spot cleans the carpet ?

Oh don't you worry, Josh's father has a reason for that too! :waitasec:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/break-missing-mom-susan-powell-case/story?id=14333638

Steven Powell also spoke to the Tribune, saying that the curious wet spot found by police on the carpet in his son and daughter-in-laws home after her disappearance was from a clean-up that Susan Powell had done on a red stain that he said was "probably juice or something."

Saw JP on the local news tonight (in Vegas). St-st-stuttering his way through the "interview." Or was it an interrogation? You woulda thunk!

I wish I lived out that way, I surely would go out and search every day!

This business about a police department inviting reporters to join detectives in a search in eastern Nevada was just about the damnedest thing I’ve heard of in my 29 years as a newswoman.

It all started just after 8 a.m. Thursday, when we got a news release saying the West Valley City Police Department received “information” related to Susan Powell’s disappearance in late 2009.

A news conference was set for 10 a.m. Friday and West Valley police Sgt. Mike Powell was the public information officer at the podium.

Trouble was, he had nothing to say.

He advised the newspeople that there would be no questions because the “information” was limited. Undeterred, reporters joined in a chorus of queries, which Mike Powell had to repeatedly deflect.

Still, he said, “it’s important … to involve the media in the process.”

Never heard that before.

Friday afternoon, I asked a reporter in Ely what the detectives told the newspeople who ran the risk of compromising evidence.

“Be careful where you walk.
Don’t step on anything that looks important.
Don’t fall down any mine shafts.”

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52421444-78/police-news-detectives-friday.html.csp?page=1

Really? :banghead:
Seriously? :waitasec:

I don't know whether to :floorlaugh: or :banghead: or :cry: or :waitasec:

I hope they don't find anything unless they get rid of their camera crew and audience. :waitasec:
If they do find her while they have an entourage... odds are really good they won't get a conviction anyway. :banghead:

If it wasn't for the kids I would just sit back and relax, and wait for his karma to take over. But it kills me that he has custody of those little boys. Just he and his creepy father taking care of them every day really worries me.

http://www.youtube.com/v/fwZq7SvIvLU

It's so revealing in the end when he starts stuttering about how he obviously doesn't believe anything people are saying. I assume that he refers to the things people are saying about how he killed Susan. But he doesn't believe any of that. :waitasec: He's the only person in the perfect position to KNOW if he did or didn't. Why does he need to believe anything.

I feel so much less crazy now. I KNEW I recognized this guy from somewhere other than West Valley PD and wasn't imagining it. :waitasec:

I'll point this out just in case I'm not the only one who's been scratching my head over this. (But I'm sure it's just me.) :innocent: :countsheep:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52421444-78/police-news-detectives-friday.html.csp?page=2

One more thing. I met Mike Powell early last year when he was a member of the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force.
A West Valley City police SWAT member...

Hopefully they leave the reporters at the command post today... and then go out and find her... :waitasec:

Yes you can link.

Are you talking about JP's house in WVC or the Powell home in WA? There was a window broken by LE the first day of her missing in the WVC home, but it was a small side window, not a panel out ofa bay window. hth

SO ARE THERE ANY UPDATES? I remember he rented a car several days after Susan went missing and put 200 miles on it? is that correct? anyway I was wondering if you take a compass ( hubby says that is what they are called, the pen thingy with a sharp point that makes a circle) and mark a 100 mile radius from the rental car place, does that include those mines? Math is not my strong point so bear with me but this would be the way to do it right? if you went on a trip 200 miles you could only go 100 miles one way . has anyone done this and then checked all the mines in that circle?

Also this area I take it is a place he is familar with. I recall Tim Miller saying women who kill usually place the body within 3 miles of their home, it is their comfort zone. So what about men who kill? Do they act differently than women? Just wondering and hoping they get to the bottom of this and NO I do not believe for 1 minute she left her kids especially what I have seen of him, im sure she would be worred sick about her kids as I know I would be.

Also I hope they are wearing snake boots! YIKES rattlesnake haven it looks like to me...

I wonder if one of the many siblings living in the compound with Papa Powell are getting tired of putting up with Josh and the kids and are leaking stuff to LE. Let's face it, Josh does not babysit and women are the low ones on the totem pole in that family.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=16885122

(snip)
But according to retired FBI special agent Lou Bertram, this may be a strategic play by West Valley City Police aimed at Josh Powell — one that's been tough on friends and family.

"When you go proactive, you may step on some toes," Bertram said.
"Going proactive," he explained, is an investigation technique. Bertram thinks that's what police are likely up to. Investigators put out suggestions, shake things up and wait to see what happens.
"You want to set up a scenario for this individual to make a mistake," he explained.It worked in the case of the Unabomber, Ted Kaczynski. Investigators knew he was very intelligent, but they released information to the media that he was dumb and careless in an attempt to bait him. Kaczynski then wrote his infamous manifesto in response, which led to his capture.

I think Josh must have been to Ely before to know of the mine shafts in the area. I wonder if his sister tipped off police that he had been there before, maybe on a family trip in his youth, or in his travels from Utah to Washington looking for garnets or something?

Didnt the kids say mommy was in a mine or something to that! Im trying to remember... looking for diamonds!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back