GUILTY Canada - Taylor Van Diest, 18, beaten to death, Armstrong, BC, 31 Oct 2011

I wonder where this creep was on May 28th 2011 when Madison Scott went missing ?

Isn't she missing from the Prince George area? That's a long ways away. I think that Cody Alan Legebokoff is a more likely suspect in the Madison Scott case.

Isn't she missing from the Prince George area? That's a long ways away. I think that Cody Alan Legebokoff is a more likely suspect in the Madison Scott case.

fwiw, the suspect in Taylor's case, used to live in Cherryville, BC. I looked it up on mapquest and I'm not familiar with Canada, but from what I entered, the suspect formerly lived closer to Prince George than Armstrong where the Van Diest murder occurred.

The suspect is also a suspect in a sexual assault on an escoirt in Kelowna, BC. six years ago. They have dna evidence.

This may get interesting.

JMHO
fran

fwiw, the suspect in Taylor's case, used to live in Cherryville, BC. I looked it up on mapquest and I'm not familiar with Canada, but from what I entered, the suspect formerly lived closer to Prince George than Armstrong where the Van Diest murder occurred.

The suspect is also a suspect in a sexual assault on an escoirt in Kelowna, BC. six years ago. They have dna evidence.

This may get interesting.

JMHO
fran

Cherryville and Armstrong are close together in the Okanagan. Prince George is way up north. Armstrong to Cherryville is about 30 miles. Armstrong to Prince George is about 390 miles. Cherryville has always wanted to have a reputation of being filled with artisans. It has also had a reputation as a drug growing location.

I can`t recall exact dates but I`m sure Legebokoff was arrested in 2010 and Madison went missing after that, in spring 2011 I think.

There is another case that sounds so similar but I can't remember much of the details - anyone else? It was a few hours away, maybe even in Alberta west of Edmonton. There was a teen girl murdered, walking alone and I'm sure it was along some tracks. I remember it was a smallish type place, like Armstrong. I wonder if that was solved...

I found it and no it wouldn`t be related to this guy. It was Edson, Alberta and has been since solved.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2010/04/26/13734611-qmi.html

I can`t recall exact dates but I`m sure Legebokoff was arrested in 2010 and Madison went missing after that, in spring 2011 I think.

He was arrested in October 2011.

It's accurate that Prince George is a long way off from Cherryville and Armstrong, BC but so is Collingwood, Ontario where the creep son was arrested. Do father and son tend to travel somewhat?

If Mrs Foerster (wife/mother of both accused) is not involved in any way in these crimes, including covering up, I wish her well - I can't help but wonder what she may have endured over the last 20 some odd years.

It's accurate that Prince George is a long way off from Cherryville and Armstrong, BC but so is Collingwood, Ontario where the creep son was arrested. Do father and son tend to travel somewhat?

If Mrs Foerster (wife/mother of both accused) is not involved in any way in these crimes, including covering up, I wish her well - I can't help but wonder what she may have endured over the last 20 some odd years.

I read in one of the articles about the case that the son's place was searched in December. I wonder if there is family in Collingwood and that's why the son was there.

Was wondering the same otto - either family in Collingwood or the surrounding area - however he is reported to have been arrested at a motel - we know what LE wants us to know.

C'wood is pretty small - why there? If he drove 4,000 kms he passed many places along the way.

Was wondering the same otto - either family in Collingwood or the surrounding area - however he is reported to have been arrested at a motel - we know what LE wants us to know.

C'wood is pretty small - why there? If he drove 4,000 kms he passed many places along the way.

I didn't realize that he was in a motel. I wonder if he hitchhiked his way across the country and he just happened to be there at the time of the arrest.

I think it's easy for people to think that because there are a couple of murders in one province, they may be connected. Canada is the second largest country in the world, so two murders in one province can easily be a few hundred miles from each other. I've noticed that same thinking with men that are missing in the province of BC. BC is 364,764 square miles, similar to the size of France. California, the 3rd largest state, has 163,707 square miles. There's very little chance that murders or missing people are connected unless there are similar characteristics. The highway of tears, for example, has a number of hitchhiking victims. The victims have in common that they disappeared along the same stretch of highway while hitchhiking.

Rumours have circulated for months that the 26-year-old suspect lived in Cherryville at the time Van Diest was killed. He fled his home shortly before police came knocking. He’s believed to have hidden in Alberta since then.
Investigators have apparently arrested the suspect after collecting cast-off DNA from a cup or a cigarette that matches the two other samples. He’s believed to have graduated from Charles Bloom Secondary school in Lumby in 2004.

http://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/front-page-news/police-to-announce-break-in-van-diest-murder.html

Clearly the heat was on. Hopefully this means that he wanted to keep a low profile and didn't commit any serious crimes while on the run.

Well, well, I guess he was a 'trucker.' He's also now apparently a suspect in TWO sexual assaults, dating back to '04, I believe, and now Taylor's murder. It appears from some of the links above, LE is asking the public to look at his picture and see if he's committed any OTHER crimes.

This may end here for this suspect, or it may go further. Who knows? There was one Crimes in the News case recently out of Texas, that started locally as a sexual assault accusation that turned into multiple sexual assaults and graduated to murder, 1, 2, 3, and now they're looking at 20 cases, because they'd found out he'd been preying on women for 20 years or so. Yeah, he was married with children and was a security guard. Seems he used his security position to his advantage with his victims for intimidation. :mad:

Time will tell

fwiw
fran

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/...diest_120406/20120406?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

Tensions high in Van Diest murder suspect's hometown

way off topic people but did u all hear that that brunn guy that killed jorleys rivera girl he committed suicide.

I dont think its my collingwood..I live in collingwood..Our police are lucky to crack a stolen bicycle case ..

I dont think its my collingwood..I live in collingwood..Our police are lucky to crack a stolen bicycle case ..
Scary, huh.
"Matthew Stephen Foerster, 26, who last fall was living outside Lumby, about 26 kms southeast of Armstrong, is charged with second-degree murder.

Foerster was arrested Wednesday morning at a hotel in Collingwood, Ont., a picturesque community known for skiing and beach holidays 150 km northwest of Toronto.

Police said they did not know the young man's whereabouts for about two months, but now plan to fly him back to B.C."

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Fa...ng+year+teen/6416755/story.html#ixzz1rKcrdULX

otto - just playing devil's advocate on your last post - Clifford Olson's victims did not have similar characteristics. I don't see the similar characteristics in Robert Picton's or Russell Williams' victims.

There are a lot of unsolved murders and missing people under similar circumstances, imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back