GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With 24/7 news and access to just about anywhere via a computer, I think people sort of fantasize that they are part of the investigation or somehow on the investigating team. And Muckrucker articulated it very well.

WE are the general public. WE are not LE. WE are following news reports, not investigation reports. The people this is happening to--KB's family do not owe us anything, and certainly do not owe the general public any explanations. In my mind there shouldn't be a fence to fall off of because we don't have the information...and the little bits we do have are probably a fraction of what LE has.

It's up to the men and women who actually are involved in the investigation to get whatever details and explanations they need so they can solve this case and it can go to the DA if a crime has been committed.

If we go back to the dreaded Casey Anthony case, I clearly remember a detective on the case being on this forum. I also suspect that many other players in that case were reading WS and following along. I strongly believe it happens in other cases too.
I am very aware I am not lead detective on this case, I am, in fact, a nobody to LE. However, if someone on the case is following here and our discussion leads them to, let's say, an idea they hadn't thought of or to a search location that has been suggested then I feel that perhaps we have made a difference by being here. This group collectively is amazing and I believe has a lot to offer any investigation. Thats just my opinion and that is why I continue to be here.
Nope, no files to go through, no evidence to await the results of...very little to go on and yet, I'll bet somewhere in these 7 threads someone has hit the nail on the head.

Lights on maybe!
Do they have an outside light? to light up her front door?
If it wasnt turned off that might be one way to tell but she could have gotten home and gone out again!

JMO

Good question. I was thinking more along the lines of an inside light.
I still don't see how anyone can tell if she made it home or not unless
the clothing she had on was not in the house. Then again, if she
made it home and went out again, she could very well have kept the
same clothes on and then I'm back to square one!!! jmo

LE is doing a good job of investigating and keeping their information close to the vest. IIRC Det. Locklear said in yesterdays PC he was NOT commenting on persons of interest. Sorry I don't have the link. If he said otherwise then I will admit I misunderstood.

Re: changing the facebook profile pic.

But you do realize he ran to change his facebook profile picture, right, just not to the poster/flyer? You really don't find that at all strange?
I'll be glad to agree to disagree on this, but I find it strange.

If we go back to the dreaded Casey Anthony case, I clearly remember a detective on the case being on this forum. I also suspect that many other players in that case were reading WS and following along. I strongly believe it happens in other cases too.
I am very aware I am not lead detective on this case, I am, in fact, a nobody to LE. However, if someone on the case is following here and our discussion leads them to, let's say, an idea they hadn't thought of or to a search location that has been suggested then I feel that perhaps we have made a difference by being here. This group collectively is amazing and I believe has a lot to offer any investigation. Thats just my opinion and that is why I continue to be here.
Nope, no files to go through, no evidence to await the results of...very little to go on and yet, I'll bet somewhere in these 7 threads someone has hit the nail on the head.

I strongly agree with you on this. I have wondered myself, many of times, if there is LE on this thread, I sure hope so.
I remember VOH saying either in this thread or the last that some of hit the nail right on the head!

I agree. IMO, we have very little FACTS to go on. So if we were only to discuss what we KNOW to be true, we probably would never have made it past the first thread.

I have an opinion of what I think happened, and yes, it involves the obvious. But I still like to throw different scenarios around. And I was under the impression that it was okay to do that here. After all, at the top of the forum, it does say that this is "the place for case discussion and opinion regarding those who are missing."

Do you think she would run away?

No, the family has made it very clear that Kelli would not have run away from the Army or them, her family. I believe them.

She is not AWOL.

Hey, I'm well over 50 yo - do some of you guys have Alzheimers or something, because you keep asking simple questions over and over again and I know you've been posting for pages and pages. Newbies excused but really - Mike is not in the Army and Kelli did not run away. Geesh.

Who cares how much she makes because, without kids, Mike should be working too imo. Granted, it might be hard to find a job but he won't even divulge his line of work. If you work for a garbage company it can be a good job - wth does he do? I don't like his tearless effort at crying either - "it's tough on me now having to go through something like this.", said MB.
It's tough on Kelli too as she's probably dead - show some real emotion fella. (this is me po'd.) Sorry, just not feeling him.

LE is doing a good job of investigating and keeping their information close to the vest. IIRC Det. Locklear said in yesterdays PC he was NOT commenting on persons of interest. Sorry I don't have the link. If he said otherwise then I will admit I misunderstood.

Here is link to the audio, sorry not video. But at 9:50 he is asked about POI's and he says he thinks it is a generic term and he is not going to get into naming anybody, and not commenting on it.

http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/124581/Kelli_Bordeaux_PC_426

No, the family has made it very clear that Kelli would not have run away from the Army or them, her family. I believe them.

She is not AWOL.

Hey, I'm well over 50 yo - do some of you guys have Alzheimers or something, because you keep asking simple questions over and over again and I know you've been posting for pages and pages. Newbies excused but really - Mike is not in the Army and Kelli did not run away. Geesh.

Who cares how much she makes because, without kids, Mike should be working too imo. Granted, it might be hard to find a job but he won't even divulge his line of work. If you work for a garbage company it can be a good job - wth does he do? I don't like his tearless effort at crying either - "it's tough on me now having to go through something like this.", said MB.
It's tough on Kelli too as she's probably dead - show some real emotion fella. (this is me po'd.) Sorry, just not feeling him.

Your right she Probably isnt AWOL.
I wish that were the case it would have a much better outcome.
Her family said they dont THINK she would run off.
It was just a question!

Re: changing the facebook profile pic.

But you do realize he ran to change his facebook profile picture, right, just not to the poster/flyer? You really don't find that at all strange?
I'll be glad to agree to disagree on this, but I find it strange.

No, I really don't. But, I do understand how this might not make sense to some readers.

I won't to presume to guess at Mike's reasons for swapping out to that picture, but I can share what my own would be, because I probably would have done something similar.

The likelihood of this case (and most others) being resolved as the result of a facebook flyer are slim to none, IMO. There are better channels and methods to use to get the message out to the people/witnesses who are most likely to have information - i.e. where they are posting flyers locally.

It's entirely possible that I'd swap my profile pic for one together with whomever was missing, too. I'd like to feel close to them. And looking at pictures of us together would soothe my brain a bit. It would bring hope. Not a paper flyer photo, but a picture of shared memories. A person. A life lived and loved.

Then again, my thoughts about Facebook are entirely biased. I'm forced to use it because it is a huge part of my job and business, but I don't think it is as effective as a communication channel as most people think it is. I think far more crimes and bullying occur as a result or Facebook than are solved by any communications via Facebook. Facebook has a very useful purpose when well implemented for businesses and brands, but I don't necessarily think swapping to that flyer would have been very useful in this case.

I don't have any clue what MB was thinking, nor will I spend much time thinking about it. Tonight has to be particularly hard on the family. It's two weeks now. That's what I'm thinking about at the moment.

I am very aware I am not lead detective on this case, I am, in fact, a nobody to LE.

I wasn't singling you out or anyone in particular. It's a trend I've noticed everywhere when a case gets discussed. It's like a virtual game of "Clue" except of course the evidence is unknown to those watching, so without much to work with, scenarios get spun based on people's feelings, how they would handle something if it was them, and assumptions that haven't actually been confirmed.

I remember the Jeff Ashton interview on WS radio a few months back and he basically thumbed his nose a couple times at crime boards because of the type of misinformation and rumors that abound. One example--some were convinced that the stain in KC's trunk was in the shape of a body and Mr. Ashton in no uncertain terms shot that down in the interview and several other theories that had been discussed a lot. Let's just say it made an impression on me when I listened to it. The lead detective visited the board because he had a fan club and a lot of people sending him good wishes when he got injured and took some time off to heal. It wasn't for evidence gathering.

Your right she Probably isnt AWOL.
I wish that were the case it would have a much better outcome.
Her family said they dont THINK she would run off.
It was just a question!

Sorry, I just watched MB speaking to a reporter the day of the big search (Thursday). Something is not right there. I'm at a total disconnect because I want to support the family who I think are great people - who wouldn't want that brother and that sister? That mom and that Uncle? I'm just not getting MB.

Thank you, Muckrucker, for taking the time to explain your perspective on the pic changing. It helps me to see it from another angle that I may not have thought of, and what you are saying could very well be the case.

Nice that the family is getting a lot of local support from the community:

Many local restaurant owners and franchises, according to the Fayetteville-Cumberland County Chamber of Commerce, are providing food for Florida family members who are looking for Kelli Bordeaux ... and, if you wish to donate a restaurant or gas gift card to the family, send emails to bplotnick@fayettevillencchamber.org or call 433-6766.

Sorry, I just watched MB speaking to a reporter the day of the big search (Thursday). Something is not right there. I'm at a total disconnect because I want to support the family who I think are great people - who wouldn't want that brother and that sister? That mom and that Uncle? I'm just not getting MB.

The strength Kelli's family is showing is amazing. Their love for her shines through even as they stumble through what has to be their worst nightmare.

No Worries! alot of us feel that way!
No one wants to think her husband would hurt her but how many threads are there on here alone about husbands that harm their wives!
And i agree they are a very close family!
No one should have to go thru sheet like this.
JMO

They sure are keeping it close.

I've followed a small handful of cases in this state and then some other cases nationally. I notice that LE often does not disclose much, if anything, about what they've gathered in the way of evidence. They are careful to say they've not named a POI even if they do have one in their sight.

In fact, I can't remember any case I've followed in which LE gave information about the details of what they were finding/not finding unless they needed the public's help on something.

I think they showed his car on abc11. moo

Well I wish someone would post a link then. I just watched all the abc11 videos and did not find it. You mean MB's car, right? No, no car pointed out/pictured anywhere that I can find. Besides I don't want to see it, I want to know when it was purchased and when the old one went bye-bye.

Peeps post links please on unsubstantiated information.

Madeleine - all points well stated. And I appreciate the specific example from Ashton. I hadn't heard that interview.

I'll also admit I had a chuckle thinking back to the posts of "WWYMD" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member