CANADA CANADA - ROBERT PICKTON, Pig Farm Killer, Vancouver, 1990'S

This case always sticks with me. Partly it is because it is the first serial that I followed the investigation as it unfolded. Partly it is the horrific murders. Partly it is because of the contrasts in the killer. But I think mostly it is because of the apparent lack of participation/heart/interest in the authorities.

Women were going missing, people were noticing, and the LE just weren't interested. If the families and advocates hadn't banded together and began protesting he would still be out there killing, who knows how many more.

There are hints that perhaps the investigation was not complete. That there was much the investigation missed. Maybe it is just because of the previous lack of interest, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was incomplete. After all they only investigated in the first place because they were pushed into it. By that time it was a public scandal. The kind of scandal that usually gets the "hurry up and do something with this case" treatment. I doubt we will ever know the whole truth.

I have read quite extensively on this case, after discovering it here and I really think there was WAY more to this case than what was convicted. I am glad he is in jail for life, but one thing he told an undercover police officer that he had killed 49........they have him down for 26..........do they know who they other 23 are????? They really should be trying to find out to put some families at rest and close some missing persons cases.

The other thing is the involvement of the brother...........I am certain he was involved, I dont think he did the killing, too smart, just left that to the dumber, sicker brother.

I am also certain that quite a few Hells Angels knew what was going on at the "farm"........afterall the prostitues knew of a rumor of girls going thru a woodchip, they certainly wouldnt have been the only ones.

In 2007 a poster on here 'Sam something or other" posted that the brothers had a state of the art film studio and that there was rumor that snuff films were being made there and pedalled by the hells angels into Europe.

I fully beleive this rumor and think that this is more than a case of a nutter killing prostitutes and feeding them to the pigs, I think he was the only one charged and yes did the killing, but there was more behind it.

But will the full truth ever get investigated???

The authorities there have a lot to be embarrassed about. First they refused to admit there was a problem, then they refused to investigate it when they got reports. Then even after acknoweging that there was a problem, they continued to make errors in the investigation. They came across as very cold and unfeeling as well as not to bright. So when they did finally start to move on this, they just wanted to get enough to convict and then close it. They just want it to be over.

Families are doing a great job at making them continue to investigate it. But no I don't think they will ever find out all that he killed or even who all was involved. They just don't have the heart for it and just want it to be over. IMO.

In all fairness that has happened here, in the US in other cases too.

The head of a controversial public inquiry called to examine how police botched investigations into serial killer Robert Pickton has admitted to having recently engaged in a “casual” encounter and conversation with a Hells Angels motorcycle club member.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...asual-encounter-head-of-pickton-inquiry-says/

It may seem like a small thing. But IIRC Hell's Angel's were allegedly regular attendees at Pictons parties.

These are captivating and respectful photos of the women from Downtown Eastside Vancouver, some of whom were photographed before becoming victims of the evil Picton.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rkes-charts-harsh-reality-heroin-addicts.html

"A Canadian photographer has brought heroin addicts out of the shadows to show the ravaging affect addiction has on the women's lives.

For five years Lincoln Clarkes photographed more than 400 women in Vancouver's downtown Eastside to expose a side of life many prefer to turn away from.

The resulting images reveal a world of broken dreams and dangers, but also helped reclaim the identities of the women, five of whom became victims of a serial killer"

I wasn't able to find the main thread on Robert Pickton, but wanted to post a recent CBC link that shows that his victim's children are receiving $4.9Million in compensation. Please share on the main thread if you know where it is located. Small consolation--but it's something.

This is the main thread for Robert Pickton. Thanks for posting this new development.

http://www.am730.ca/syn/112/63673/63673

The mother of a B.C. woman who went missing in 1997 says she wants serial killer Robert Pickton charged with her daughter’s murder.

This, after her 20-year-old daughter’s bones were found in storage, and returned to the family.

Wiping away tears at a news conference on Wednesday, Michele Pineault revealed a purple box covered in butterfly designs. In it, the last known remains of her daughter, Stephanie. Her DNA was found on Robert Pickton’s Port Coquitlam farm in 2003. But they were told there was not enough evidence to lay charges.

hi-bc-121217-missing-women-poster.jpg
Photo caption: Serial killer Robert Pickton was convicted on six counts of second-degree murder, but is suspected of killing dozens of women who went missing from Vancouver's Downtown Eastside. (Vancouver Police Department)
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...hanges-but-roots-of-violence-remain-1.2940277
Feb 02, 2015
Violence against aboriginal women remains a problem that police and governments aren't addressing well enough, say women's advocates, two years after the B.C.'s missing women inquiry released 63 recommendations for major change.
Commissioner Wally Oppal's inquiry into missing and murdered women slammed police for botching their investigations into serial killer Robert Pickton, who preyed on Vancouver sex workers from 1997 to 2002.
The issue returned to the spotlight after the family of Stephanie Lane, whose partial remains were found on Pickton's farm, called for a new murder charge against the killer last week.
more at link.

Forsaken:
The Report of the Missing Women Commission of Inquiry Executive Summary

http://www.missingwomeninquiry.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Forsaken-ES-web-RGB.pdf

This is a very important and extensive study of all of the things that went wrong in the investigation (which was by all accounts a complete disaster) and an overview of some of the reasons why given the profile of the victims and the problems within the LE departments.

I am outraged that he was able to get that information out. If only he was thrown in solitary confinement with no visitors allowed this would never have happened. It's very unfortunate that we allow such monsters rights, when they gave no rights to their victims.

I know it's like driving by an accident your not supposed to look, yet everyone does.

I'm sickened by this monster,

Convicted serial killer's book pulled from Amazon

A book reportedly written by a Canadian serial killer was removed Monday from Amazon's website a day after being put on sale online following protests by British Columbia authorities.

Outskirts Press, which published the book, issued a statement saying it had asked Amazon to remove the book from its website.

"Outskirts Press apologizes to the families of the victims for any additional heartache this may have caused," the statement said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/convicted-serial-killer-robert-pickton-memoir-pulled-from-amazon/

Thanks, Kay. That's an excellent summation of the entire case. I still feel ill when I read the term "Piggy Palace". Such depravity. Certain individuals are not fit to exist alongside the rest of us. But then we're all too aware of that, already.

In most serial murders like this that I have read up on, it makes the community look worse than the police. This guy had people frequenting his place constantly many of whom saw suspicious things and very few tried hard to reach out to cops or other people. This farm had hundreds of visitors and people didn't say anything or a few said very few...Same with the Grim Sleeper. They literally have people interviewed in the documentary about him that said they were there while he was doing these things they were just too high on drugs to do anything..and obviously they remembered but never cared to do anything about it....:banghead:

I've never done anything other than weed products and alcohol but I think the disturbing mindset of the prostitutes is best summed with this quote from Mona Wilson one of Picktons victims ""The addiction to the heroin ... overcomes the fear of being murdered -- that's what she told me."...said her husband whom also went out and watched over her and provided her protection while hooking "Last Nov. 23, as the couple left the Astoria Hotel on East Hastings Street, they were accosted by two men "who drove up flashing fifties and beer at her," said Rix. "I had a gut feeling that this was bad, and I said, 'Mona don't go.' I tried to stop her but then one of the guys jumped out and came after me with a stick. She jumped in the car, they honked the horn and took off."....The closest I've ever been to relating to this is with Ronald the crybaby Dominique who lured men, a large % of them black, with hopes of having sex with his wife...If there was any suspicion of a serial killer or danger because of disappearances in the area I especially wouldn't go and situations like this according to history aren't nearly as potentially dangerous as what these prostitutes do. Seems like no one involved really cares enough.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back