ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the comments to the article states that he requested a psychiatric evaluation along w/his NG plea. Is that correct?
No, that is incorrect. Luka only said one word today: "OK".

His lawyer stated that he may be asking the court for a 672.11(b) on Thursday.

Another interesting article wrt who Panaccio has defended:

When Quebec provincial police launched Operation Piranha in February 2004 to investigate a drug-smuggling ring with links to traditional organized crime and the Mafia, they likely weren’t expecting to put the bite on a Montreal lawyer.

But found in their net after about 150 Sûeté du Québec officers carried out a mid-March 2006 raid was Louis D. Pasquin, no stranger to drug dealers or major police probes as a well-known defender of bikers and mobsters from the Hells Angels to the Montreal Mafia’s notorious Cotroni clan.

full article at:
http://www.canadianlawyermag.com/Gangsta-rap.html

i.e. After you submit and see your post on Pg 6, go the back arrow at the top left of your page, right click, and click on "ARRESTED-Luka Rocco Magnotta ...". It will take you back to Pg 2 or whatever previous page you were viewing.
Oh my god, you are a "lifesaver" much better TYTYTY!
Sunday I hope you read this too!

Yeh . I thought there were some pics where he was, as he described himself, fab perfect or whatever -- but most of em I thought he looked very dainty and not attractive, while in tons of em he looked just MAD! Would be interesting to read what others think in terms (male or female) regarding his looks.

Like your notions S your interesting!

I have seen photos where I felt he was attractive but the majority
Of them he looked too overdone for my tastes
I also think he's very fake, without makeup and photoshop,
he is not a man I would guess was a model at all.
I am a straight female BTW, for reference.

Also based on what I have seen in interviews and
such, he is way too cocky ( be it falsely so) for
my blood. I have a soft spot for men who are humble.

Justin Ling's latest article on today's court appearance:
From Xtra! Canada's Gay & Lesbian News:

Luka Magnotta pleads not guilty
Prosecutors will soon meet with Lin Jun's family

http://www.xtra.ca/public/National/Luka_Magnotta_pleads_not_guilty-12166.aspx

Highly suggested read.

I'm happy to share that Justin let me know that he will be covering this until the conclusion of the trial.

Thank you (and thank him). Was the most detailed article I haven't finished reading yet so far.
Going the insanity route, eh.... the only thing insane about him is that he is insanely devastatingly good looking. :woohoo:
Personally, I think he knows exactly what he is doing. He is not 'insane' to the point where he is not criminally responsible. He was on a quest for fame. never got it, so he went for infamy. Simple. And my opinion.

And good luck to him covering this trial. Hopefully it isn't too exhausting, physically and psychologically.

Body Dysmorphic Disorder : A Personal Perspective

There has been a great deal of discussion today about body dysmorphic disorder and I've tried to avoid discussing this topic because it is something I am way too aware of as it is something I have experienced; it is something that combined with anorexia athletica almost killed me. Body dysmophic disorder and/or male eating disorders are very serious issues.

I'll share with you some of my story, which received notable media visibility years ago, to better help understand this condition:

Looking back on college, which I began as a 220-pound college-football player who had never had eaten Lucky Charms or Trix but always had a strict, healthy diet. After Freshman year I discarded football to enjoy the other aspects of college life: internships, bar-tending, friends, taking in junk food & booze and typical college fare. My fit, healthy athlete's body had turned into 320 pounds of YUCK.

I never had been shunned or made fun of because of my weight. I always was the life of the party. I never was made to feel awkward. I was a fun guy. It was never an issue. I hear people say that overweight people are depressed and unhappy. I was just the opposite.

It wasn't until I got my college graduation pictures back in the mail that I really saw myself and was horrified by the way I looked; who is this tremendously fat person in these photos? OMG it's me.

So I decided to go back to my roots, as a competitive swimmer since the age of 5 and 3 sport athlete in high school I knew what I needed to do: rediscover my passion for athletics and get back in shape. I went to one of those fitness centers with multiple locations and joined; I'm sure that the woman who signed me up took one look at me and probably thought I was an easy commission and that I'd never be back.

However I went back to the gym morning's and evening's seven days a week; it became more than a workout, it became an obsession. What began as a fun thing to do for myself before and after work began to run my life-- as my commitment to fitness continued and the weight dropped fast, I noticed all of the compliments on my appearance I received from people. As someone who was already well-liked and not shunned for being fat, these compliments added fuel to my passion for working out. In order to cut out fast foods I became a vegetarian.

I began my workouts at 320-pounds in June and by October of that same year I was competing in running competitions and down to about 170-pounds (statistically my ideal weight) and should have gone into maintenance mode. Unfortunately, I did not; I actually became more obsessed with my fitness and appearance. When I looked into the mirror, I saw the 320-pound person in my college graduation photos looking back at me. No matter what I did or what mirror I used, the 170-pound me saw the 320-pound me in the mirror. I was working out for 90 minutes twice a day. I became obsessed with my caloric intake and kept a diary of everything I ate which averaged a caloric intake of 320 calories per day.

By February (less than 8 months after joining the gym) I weighed 120 pounds and still saw the 320 pound man in the mirror. I shunned my friends and became a totally different person who was not pleasant (no longer the well-liked, jovial person everyone adored), uncomfortable in my own skin and in total denial about my condition. In that same months I traveled to a family function and my family essentially staged an intervention in a very smart manner. The doctors evaluated me and told me that if my anorexia continued I would be dead within months. I was also made to agree to begin to talk with a friend of my brother-in-law's who is a sports nutritionist, sports psychologist and multi-sport coach.

I begrudgingly agreed to this and he saved my life, literally, by reprogramming me to understand that food is not the enemy but the fuel for training and racing. To assist with this we began a plan that I would start to train for triathlons and, in doing so, rebuild my body and see the importance of food. I also began the long process of beginning to deal with my body dysmorphic disorder; not an easy process at all.

A few months after beginning to rebuild my body and relationships in my life and try not to see the 320-pound man in the mirror anymore, I competed in my first triathlon which I placed 2nd or 3rd in my age group. Soon after photos once again impacted my life: I saw the photos of this fit, svelte guy in a speedo surrounded by other folks in speedos and thought the fit, svelte guy was in as good or better shape than the others; that fit, svelte guy was me.

Years and countless Ironman triathlon competitions later I write this a happy, fit, healthy person who truly loves and appreciates life and those in my life.

I could ramble on about this for pages but please understand that both anorexia and body dysmorphic disorder are serious conditions which are never cured but one has to deal with every day in order to not relapse.

Thanks for reading this.

Body Dysmorphic Disorder : A Personal Perspective

There has been a great deal of discussion today about body dysmorphic disorder and I've tried to avoid discussing this topic because it is something I am way too aware of as it is something I have experienced; it is something that combined with anorexia athletica almost killed me. Body dysmophic disorder and/or male eating disorders are very serious issues.

I'll share with you some of my story, which received notable media visibility years ago, to better help understand this condition:

Looking back on college, which I began as a 220-pound college-football player who had never had eaten Lucky Charms or Trix but always had a strict, healthy diet. After Freshman year I discarded football to enjoy the other aspects of college life: internships, bar-tending, friends, taking in junk food & booze and typical college fare. My fit, healthy athlete's body had turned into 320 pounds of YUCK.

I never had been shunned or made fun of because of my weight. I always was the life of the party. I never was made to feel awkward. I was a fun guy. It was never an issue. I hear people say that overweight people are depressed and unhappy. I was just the opposite.

It wasn't until I got my college graduation pictures back in the mail that I really saw myself and was horrified by the way I looked; who is this tremendously fat person in these photos? OMG it's me.

So I decided to go back to my roots, as a competitive swimmer since the age of 5 and 3 sport athlete in high school I knew what I needed to do: rediscover my passion for athletics and get back in shape. I went to one of those fitness centers with multiple locations and joined; I'm sure that the woman who signed me up took one look at me and probably thought I was an easy commission and that I'd never be back.

However I went back to the gym morning's and evening's seven days a week; it became more than a workout, it became an obsession. What began as a fun thing to do for myself before and after work began to run my life-- as my commitment to fitness continued and the weight dropped fast, I noticed all of the compliments on my appearance I received from people. As someone who was already well-liked and not shunned for being fat, these compliments added fuel to my passion for working out. In order to cut out fast foods I became a vegetarian.

I began my workouts at 320-pounds in June and by October of that same year I was competing in running competitions and down to about 170-pounds (statistically my ideal weight) and should have gone into maintenance mode. Unfortunately, I did not; I actually became more obsessed with my fitness and appearance. When I looked into the mirror, I saw the 320-pound person in my college graduation photos looking back at me. No matter what I did or what mirror I used, the 170-pound me saw the 320-pound me in the mirror. I was working out for 90 minutes twice a day. I became obsessed with my caloric intake and kept a diary of everything I ate which averaged a caloric intake of 320 calories per day.

By February (less than 8 months after joining the gym) I weighed 120 pounds and still saw the 320 pound man in the mirror. I shunned my friends and became a totally different person who was not pleasant (no longer the well-liked, jovial person everyone adored), uncomfortable in my own skin and in total denial about my condition. In that same months I traveled to a family function and my family essentially staged an intervention in a very smart manner. The doctors evaluated me and told me that if my anorexia continued I would be dead within months. I was also made to agree to begin to talk with a friend of my brother-in-law's who is a sports nutritionist, sports psychologist and multi-sport coach.

I begrudgingly agreed to this and he saved my life, literally, by reprogramming me to understand that food is not the enemy but the fuel for training and racing. To assist with this we began a plan that I would start to train for triathlons and, in doing so, rebuild my body and see the importance of food. I also began the long process of beginning to deal with my body dysmorphic disorder; not an easy process at all.

A few months after beginning to rebuild my body and relationships in my life and try not to see the 320-pound man in the mirror anymore, I competed in my first triathlon which I placed 2nd or 3rd in my age group. Soon after photos once again impacted my life: I saw the photos of this fit, svelte guy in a speedo surrounded by other folks in speedos and thought the fit, svelte guy was in as good or better shape than the others; that fit, svelte guy was me.

Years and countless Ironman triathlon competitions later I write this a happy, fit, healthy person who truly loves and appreciates life and those in my life.

I could ramble on about this for pages but please understand that both anorexia and body dysmorphic disorder are serious conditions which are never cured but one has to deal with every day in order to not relapse.

Thanks for reading this.
Tnx for sharing ED tough stuff!

Thank you (and thank him). Was the most detailed article I haven't finished reading yet so far.
Going the insanity route, eh.... the only thing insane about him is that he is insanely devastatingly good looking. :woohoo:
Personally, I think he knows exactly what he is doing. He is not 'insane' to the point where he is not criminally responsible. He was on a quest for fame. never got it, so he went for infamy. Simple. And my opinion.

And good luck to him covering this trial. Hopefully it isn't too exhausting, physically and psychologically.

I asked him about friends that Magnotta had in Montreal in the past 18 months and he shared with me that neither he or anyone he knew of has been able to identify someone connected to Magnotta (friend, acquaintance) in the past 18 months.

Note: the people that have been previously discussed/interviewed and identified as former friends or lovers of Magnotta have NOT been part of his life for over 18 months.

I find something so troubling and empty about him having such a visible online presence (under his own name and countless personalities he created) and no real-world connections in the last 18 months... This is so key to me for some yet to be determined reason.

For Christ's sake, THANK YOU! :)

I'm going to go out on a limb here (Ga! I feel like I'm offending someone w/every sort of comment/analogy like this!) and say that he was not even very skilled w/Photoshop or any other editing software anyway. He could have broadened his shoulders, given himself some pecs, larger parts, etc. Or perhaps he may have embraced his boyish scrawniness? IDK WTF I am talking about - all pure speculation (like the rest of you). Personally, I think he is quite attractive minus his Sharpie'd brows. Frankly, I'm not hung up on muscles and large penises, so none of that is relavent to me. I think people just love to hate him, and maybe rightfully so. Unless you are a total empath, you will have no use for him at this point.

eh i can see why/how some see him as attractive. physically speaking he is not ugly, IMO. he just would never be my type.....now mike rowe (for example).....well i shall stop there...:floorlaugh:

but when you know what kind of person he is, it is hard to see attractive features on him. i truly believe that beauty comes from w/in and your insides can greatly affect what your outside looks like. ive known people who were hot or attractive (models, etc) and once I got to know them, they became very physically unattractive to me. ive also known some who were not model material (by societies standards) and because i knew what was inside of them, I found them extremely physically attractive.

does that make sense?

i mean, there are crap loads of people out there who think justin bieber is all hot and sexy and all i want to do is vomit when i see him :giggle:

IDK... I feel that Luka emulates everything that is wrong with our society today. He is the poster child for the dysfunctional family and crappy parenting as well as self-absorbed, narcissistic, attention-needy, celebrity-inspired and internet-driven youth. You know, this was just the perfect combination of combination of ingredients. It's like a chemical reaction - you just keep dumping compound after compound together you are likely to eventually blow something up. You have a dysfunctional family, troubled childhood, abuse, mental illness, perhaps drugs, the media, the internet, horror movies, fame/celebrity, reality TV, sexual dysfunction, the deep web, blurred boundaries... the list is never ending. Well, world, look at what you created. Seems to me like this is a reaction that is unlikely to cease.

eh i can see why/how some see him as attractive. physically speaking he is not ugly, IMO. he just would never be my type.....now mike row (for example).....well i shall stop there...:floorlaugh:

but when you know what kind of person he is, it is hard to see attractive features on him. i truly believe that beauty comes from w/in and your insides can greatly affect what your outside looks like. ive known people who were hot or attractive (models, etc) and once I got to know them, they became very physically unattractive to me. ive also known some who were not model material (by societies standards) and because i knew what was inside of them, I found them extremely physically attractive.

does that make sense?

i mean, there are crap loads of people out there who think justin bieber is all hot and sexy and all i want to do is vomit when i see him :giggle:

Definitely makes sense prima. Appreciate, as always, your most interesting posts.

Hate to admit it but in his younger years from a purely superficial standpoint he appeared he was attractive, definitely someone I'd say hey to him out and about... But I imagine that it wouldn't take more than 10 minutes to see a bunch of red flags-- too many to even wanna smooch with him...

Precisely my sentiments on the matter (red flags galore). But I guess this topic only has so much relevancy to the case. One might ask if he was attractive enough like Ted Bundy to lure victims in, and so forth. But mostly it doesn't really seem pertinent to discuss his attractiveness. And lest we forget that age-old adage: Beauty is in the mind of the beholder.

~Peace~

Definitely makes sense prima. Appreciate, as always, your most interesting posts.

Hate to admit it but in his younger years from a purely superficial standpoint he appeared he was attractive, definitely someone I'd say hey to him out and about... But I imagine that it wouldn't take more than 10 minutes to see a bunch of red flags-- too many to even wanna smooch with him...

Since Susan reposted Scientific's original post on LRM's intelligence, I'm reposting my reply to Scientific.

In short: I disagree strongly with Scientific's suggestion that LRM is "brilliant" and has high intelligence/high IQ.

Below is Scientific's original post, and my original response and my own view: that LRM is of average intelligence, at most.

=======================

Scientific said:
I'm guessing that his intelligence quotient is in the bright (but not genius) range (115-135) for a number of reasons:

1. his mind would become sharpened and hyper-vigilant due to his stressful, dangerous lifestyle

2. it seems that he knew a fair amount of both French and Russian. and he might have taught himself what he did know.

3. there is a tremendous amount of fantasy and imagination that went into his personas and his methods. he seems more the organized offender with an elaborate imagination than the disorganized offender.

4. while his online presence might create a sense of idiocy in some regards, it seems to have mostly been smoke and mirrors so our assessment of his intellect (via grammar and sentence structure) should not be based directly off these online writings

5. his writing reflects that he lacks higher education but it says almost nothing about his fluid intellect

6. he doesn't look dumb. i realize this is a vague point but mentally challenged people don't have that kind of poise. neither am I saying that he's got grace. he just doesn't look like an imbecile.

7. he traveled the world to some degree (yes, he doctored some travel photos but not all) and explored many alternate lifestyle choices, which seems to betray a curiosity and independence that would allow for higher intellect.

8. supposedly he was computer savvy enough to use proxies and the deep web. sure, anyone could use them but your average person is usually not going to be that aware of these things because of it being challenging to navigate initially.

The things that I believe prevented him from having a genius iq are a one-track obsessiveness, lack of an environment that would have nurtured his intellect rather than simply heightening his survival skills, emotional rigidity that may or may not have resulted from abuse, and a preference for self-indulgence over learning. Further, he wasn't able to escape the lifestyle that was crushing him; he simply adapted to it and let it warp him whereas someone smarter would have in time realized that there were other options. Drugs might also have played a part though I think the role of drugs in limiting intellect is often overstated.

As for his dignity and compassion and every other virtue, he gets a big fat zero...no, he gets a negative value.

I disagree with much of this. LRM's intelligence appears to me to be no more than average, if that.

Some responses.

1. First, I know of no sound scientific or social science evidence suggesting that intelligence is "honed" by "dangerous lifestyles". Moreover, it seems his life in recent years-- however he was making money-- mostly involved creating a fantasy world online, of lies and disinformation about himself (he may very well be the Internet's Greatest Troll Ever).

2. What evidence do we have that LRM knew a "fair amount" of French and Russian? He lived it Montreal; it's not unusual for someone of even below average intelligence to pick up some passable French in a city where French is the first language. As for Russian, we have no evidence that he could speak any of it. And like much of his false stories, lies, and other disinformation posted online, he plagiarized countless works on his website and many blogs; the "Russian" portions on his site are more likely simply cut-and-pastes from Google Translate. That seems more consistent with his tendency to create false stories about himself, including his "ties" to Russian mafia.

3. This is a personal opinion. I find much of his "imagined" world quite prosaic and most often (like his many blog posts) simply plagiarized or borrowed from movies, pop culture, and other objects of his obsessions: serial killers and violence. His song "True Faith" he uses in so many vids is ripped from American Psycho, and his mirror line (about him being a reflection of society) famously comes from Charles Manson. He lived in a fantasy world, no doubt. But I don't think you need to be highly intelligent to plagiarize and copy the many false stories LRM tells about himself.

LRM seems more often to me, to be a doofus who continually overestimates his own intelligence and persistently underestimates those pursuing him. That's typical of narcissists. And we can see it with the video and how quickly he was caught.

LRM is an attention seeker who quite obviously wanted to be caught; so he left blatant clues in the video (Casablanca) poster; but his execution of the crime was clumsy, with plenty of missteps and angles overlooked on his part. The suitcase clumsily left by his curb (where it was not picked up by the garbage collectors); being seen on video surveillance at the apartment at at the Canada Post; communicating on his phone in Europe. LRM expected police to link the kill video to him; but it was traditional police work that did him in, and quickly. This is not the result of a brilliant or intelligent mind.

As for the rest -- all of his online posts should be treated with skepticism, as he has a penchant for pathological lying and story telling. Moreover, "Looks" and "Travel" are not a statistically significant association with intelligence.

And I don't think it takes a genius to figure out how to negotiate the Internet, create YouTube pages, and troll blogs, 4chan, and even to download, install, and set up Tor in order to surf the Deep Web. A person with average intelligence and sufficient time (and commitment) could figure it out; especially given the amount of time that LRM obviously spent online. This was his world.

===

Due to a sampling bias, early research on psychopathy incorrectly found that psychopaths were typically above average intelligence. Subsequent research has shown no such association. Psychopaths come from a range of intelligence and IQ. People should not make the mistake of assuming LRM must be brilliant because he's a narcissistic psychopath who often lies about his own intelligence and IQ.

My assessment is that LRM is of fairly average intelligence, with a high degree of narcissism that leads him to overestimate his own intelligence and capabilities (and underestimate others). That is typical of a psychopath.

It is true that, at times, LRM writes more intelligently than others; but whenever that seems to be the case, someone reveals that his more "intelligent" writing has been copied or plagiarized from somewhere else.

Boodi Moovan was on here the other day talking about her group had gone through his website and sourced pretty much all his more "original" and more intelligent writing to other people and sources. That is, he plagiarized everything.

My theory, as previously stated, is that he's ultimately an attention seeker, which is necessary to feed his psychopathic egoism. So, as with his animal torture videos, he really did want the kill video to eventually be linked back to him, so he could have the fame (like other notorious serial killers); hence the YouTube sockpuppets posting about "1 Lunatic, 1 Icepick" before it was even made.

LRM expected the video to eventually be linked back to him; he just figured he would be long gone by then. He wasn't expecting the police to link him to the murder so quickly, via the torso & suitcase outside his apartment and surveillance videos from his apartment.

His clumsiness and missteps led to his capture much sooner than he expected. Proving, again, his average capacity.

As the appointed go-to know-it-all on all things male anatomy and gay (Thanks FootballMom and the countless people who apparently agree with FB LOL), I want to end speculation that Magnotta is a hermaphrodite; sorry to end everyone's dual part obsession but he only has boy parts.

With our WS friends as witnesses... I am hereby officially proclaiming my true & devoted love for HChi and asking him to be my gaysband...

(picture Cricket Caruth-Reilly and Blake Reilly from GCB... so sad it was canceled)

:heartbeat: :cake: :heartbeat:

What I see in all of LM's photos is someone trying so hard to be someone else.
Attractive, not attractive, it doesn't really matter. Even with all his "bravado", I still think deep down he didn't feel good enough, attractive enough, young enough.
Not saying we should feel sorry for him--not at all.
But the mother in me, at times, looks at an earlier photograph and wonders if a genuine hug from somebody who truly cared, would have made a difference.

I keep having to correct people on this. I never said he was brilliant, just that he most likely has an above average iq. There's a difference.

Since Susan reposted Scientific's original post on LRM's intelligence, I'm reposting my reply to Scientific.

In short: I disagree strongly with Scientific's suggestion that LRM is "brilliant" and has high intelligence/high IQ.

Below is Scientific's original post, and my original response and my own view: that LRM is of average intelligence, at most.

=======================

I disagree with much of this. LRM's intelligence appears to me to be no more than average, if that.

Some responses.

1. First, I know of no sound scientific or social science evidence suggesting that intelligence is "honed" by "dangerous lifestyles". Moreover, it seems his life in recent years-- however he was making money-- mostly involved creating a fantasy world online, of lies and disinformation about himself (he may very well be the Internet's Greatest Troll Ever).

2. What evidence do we have that LRM knew a "fair amount" of French and Russian? He lived it Montreal; it's not unusual for someone of even below average intelligence to pick up some passable French in a city where French is the first language. As for Russian, we have no evidence that he could speak any of it. And like much of his false stories, lies, and other disinformation posted online, he plagiarized countless works on his website and many blogs; the "Russian" portions on his site are more likely simply cut-and-pastes from Google Translate. That seems more consistent with his tendency to create false stories about himself, including his "ties" to Russian mafia.

3. This is a personal opinion. I find much of his "imagined" world quite prosaic and most often (like his many blog posts) simply plagiarized or borrowed from movies, pop culture, and other objects of his obsessions: serial killers and violence. His song "True Faith" he uses in so many vids is ripped from American Psycho, and his mirror line (about him being a reflection of society) famously comes from Charles Manson. He lived in a fantasy world, no doubt. But I don't think you need to be highly intelligent to plagiarize and copy the many false stories LRM tells about himself.

LRM seems more often to me, to be a doofus who continually overestimates his own intelligence and persistently underestimates those pursuing him. That's typical of narcissists. And we can see it with the video and how quickly he was caught.

LRM is an attention seeker who quite obviously wanted to be caught; so he left blatant clues in the video (Casablanca) poster; but his execution of the crime was clumsy, with plenty of missteps and angles overlooked on his part. The suitcase clumsily left by his curb (where it was not picked up by the garbage collectors); being seen on video surveillance at the apartment at at the Canada Post; communicating on his phone in Europe. LRM expected police to link the kill video to him; but it was traditional police work that did him in, and quickly. This is not the result of a brilliant or intelligent mind.

As for the rest -- all of his online posts should be treated with skepticism, as he has a penchant for pathological lying and story telling. Moreover, "Looks" and "Travel" are not a statistically significant association with intelligence.

And I don't think it takes a genius to figure out how to negotiate the Internet, create YouTube pages, and troll blogs, 4chan, and even to download, install, and set up Tor in order to surf the Deep Web. A person with average intelligence and sufficient time (and commitment) could figure it out; especially given the amount of time that LRM obviously spent online. This was his world.

===

Due to a sampling bias, early research on psychopathy incorrectly found that psychopaths were typically above average intelligence. Subsequent research has shown no such association. Psychopaths come from a range of intelligence and IQ. People should not make the mistake of assuming LRM must be brilliant because he's a narcissistic psychopath who often lies about his own intelligence and IQ.

My assessment is that LRM is of fairly average intelligence, with a high degree of narcissism that leads him to overestimate his own intelligence and capabilities (and underestimate others). That is typical of a psychopath.

It is true that, at times, LRM writes more intelligently than others; but whenever that seems to be the case, someone reveals that his more "intelligent" writing has been copied or plagiarized from somewhere else.

Boodi Moovan was on here the other day talking about her group had gone through his website and sourced pretty much all his more "original" and more intelligent writing to other people and sources. That is, he plagiarized everything.

My theory, as previously stated, is that he's ultimately an attention seeker, which is necessary to feed his psychopathic egoism. So, as with his animal torture videos, he really did want the kill video to eventually be linked back to him, so he could have the fame (like other notorious serial killers); hence the YouTube sockpuppets posting about "1 Lunatic, 1 Icepick" before it was even made.

LRM expected the video to eventually be linked back to him; he just figured he would be long gone by then. He wasn't expecting the police to link him to the murder so quickly, via the torso & suitcase outside his apartment and surveillance videos from his apartment.

His clumsiness and missteps led to his capture much sooner than he expected. Proving, again, his average capacity.

I asked him about friends that Magnotta had in Montreal in the past 18 months and he shared with me that neither he or anyone he knew of has been able to identify someone connected to Magnotta (friend, acquaintance) in the past 18 months.

Note: the people that have been previously discussed/interviewed and identified as former friends or lovers of Magnotta have NOT been part of his life for over 18 months.

I find something so troubling and empty about him having such a visible online presence (under his own name and countless personalities he created) and no real-world connections in the last 18 months... This is so key to me for some yet to be determined reason.

It is sad, but I do know how it feels. Having a kid taught me who my friends really are. Turned out to be nobody. I have been isolated for about 5 years now, with no friends or others in my life. I have no time to myself to go out and try to make friends, plus social anxiety which makes that difficult. But, instead of going and killing somebody, I joined WS, and have also made friends in random places of the world, whom I talk to online. It is a lonely existence, and I sometimes binge drink, but that is the worst thing I do. I have no desire to kill anybody. Not even Magnotta.
His loneliness may be related to something (such as mental illness) which may have caused him to flip out the way he has, but the loneliness itself is not the cause of it. Only a symptom.

I look at Magnotta and try to feel some sort of compassion or sympathy... but then I get to the point where I just can't, because of what he has done. But, there is no doubt that his life and existence has been quite sad. Troubling, indeed.

What I see in all of LM's photos is someone trying so hard to be someone else.
Attractive, not attractive, it doesn't really matter. Even with all his "bravado", I still think deep down he didn't feel good enough, attractive enough, young enough.
Not saying we should feel sorry for him--not at all.
But the mother in me, at times, looks at an earlier photograph and wonders if a genuine hug from somebody who truly cared, would have made a difference.

pippirose I think you nailed it.

I think that Magnotta's lack of real-world friends or relationships in the last 18 months would completely support your thoughts.

IDK... I feel that Luka emulates everything that is wrong with our society today. He is the poster child for the dysfunctional family and crappy parenting as well as self-absorbed, narcissistic, attention-needy, celebrity-inspired and internet-driven youth. You know, this was just the perfect combination of combination of ingredients. It's like a chemical reaction - you just keep dumping compound after compound together you are likely to eventually blow something up. You have a dysfunctional family, troubled childhood, abuse, mental illness, perhaps drugs, the media, the internet, horror movies, fame/celebrity, reality TV, sexual dysfunction, the deep web, blurred boundaries... the list is never ending. Well, world, look at what you created. Seems to me like this is a reaction that is unlikely to cease.

This has been said before in an earlier thread, and my response now is the same as it was then. Luka Magnotta is not the product of modern problems or a sign that the world has gone to hell in a handbasket. There have been Lukas in every day and age. The Zodiac killer sent letters to the newspapers, Jack the Ripper taunted Scotland Yard with letters and parcels containing body parts of his victims. Albert Fish sent a letter to the mother of one of his victims detailing what he did to her child, and then there was that Holmes character who built an entire house of horrors in which to torture his victims.

This is the internet era so the modern incarnation of those named above posted it on a gore site. And the result? He was caught a week later. If you ask me the only difference between this day and age and times past is that its harder to get away with murder now than it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966