IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the lake has been ruled out. I'd Like to hear others opinions on what may have happened. Does the majority think they made to the lake by riding on the trail (would explain the dogs tracking the scent)?<snipped for space>

Do you know if there was ever confirmation that the dogs DID track their scent? I know it was stated a lot and all over MSM even, but did LE or a tracking dog handler ever confirm it? I know very little about scent dogs but from what's been posted here it sounds like it'd be easy for someone who's not their handler to mis-interpret the dogs' actions. Maybe not so much if both dogs acted the same way... I dunno, throwing ideas out there.

If MCM's current love interest is actively involved with drug use or is a known felon, would she not then be in violation of her conditions by associating with him (whomever he may be) ?

MCM has stated that they have been open about their pasts and whatever has happened in the past is something they have moved forward from as a family. Uh, she was only released in MAY. May. Not sure how quickly the entire family could move past several years of drug addiction, crime, and incarceration but I think less than three months is pushing it.

It wouldn't be a violation unless its one of the conditions of her release. They usually add that for gang members but I'm sure they've used it for drug dealers as well. It would just have to be listed. I'm also guessing that she may no longer be on parole/probation...she was sent back for a violation and then released to a half way house. She may have completed her obligations.

If it is any comfort, I recall a similar case in Illinois near Chicago years ago. One car was seen skidding into a river and as they looked for it, they kept pulling other cars out of the water.

LE identified most of those cars as stolen and having been disposed of after a run through a chop shop or being involved in some other crime. None of them were associated with drowning victims except the one car they were looking for.

It is, thank you! :) I'm sure most of the ones from the case here were probably stolen and ditched too. I think they did find bodies unexpectedly in one or two but it's been awhile so I could be remembering it wrong.

OK so group has changed to closed group? OK i get that n reasons will join thank xx

I can't tell for sure and don't know for sure, but it looks like it. I'm hopeful that'll get people refocused on the search and not all the other stuff that was coming up.

Do you know if there was ever confirmation that the dogs DID track their scent? I know it was stated a lot and all over MSM even, but did LE or a tracking dog handler ever confirm it? I know very little about scent dogs but from what's been posted here it sounds like it'd be easy for someone who's not their handler to mis-interpret the dogs' actions. Maybe not so much if both dogs acted the same way... I dunno, throwing ideas out there.

Iirc yes it was confirmed by LE. I have difficulty searching past posts via my phone, but a couple of our fellow sleuthers posted that either through the media or through one of the press conferences that the dogs did in fact pick up their scent and followed it to where the booked were found, and into the woods. Sorry, I wish I could direct you to those couple pages where it was discussed.

I don't know if it is allowed to be posted since I have nothing to back it up.

as long as you state its your opinion, its ok to post opinions that are not victim bashing.

Iirc yes it was confirmed by LE. I have difficulty searching past posts via my phone, but a couple of our fellow sleuthers posted that either through the media or through one of the press conferences that the dogs did in fact pick up their scent and followed it to where the booked were found, and into the woods. Sorry, I wish I could direct you to those couple pages where it was discussed.

Thank you! I will look harder for it. I think I missed quite a few pages in my quest to catch up. I'm glad it was confirmed.

Please tell me at this is not in response to my post. Becasue if it is, you have severely misrepresented what I said.
Let me say it as c l e a r l y as possible to avoid being misconstrued.

DM had pending drug charges. He allowed a search by LE without a warrant. He allowed LE access to his cell phone without a warrant. He took a polygraph. He put his legal troubles ahead of his daughter? No, he did not...

Misty has very recently been sent back to prison for violating the terms of her release, so she knows one little slip up and she's back in. She too, allowed LE access to her phone, her residence, and took a polygraph. Is this putting herself first? No, it is not.

It is crazy if one is involved in criminal activity to give LE free access to all of your personal business. Every criminal knows this. And yet, these two folks did, Becasue in this instance they put their daughter first.

What I am saying is I don't see what is so special about them 'being open' with the public, because that news was going to come out anyway and they knew it.
There is nothing 'special' about cooperating with LE when your child is missing. I would expect any parent to do the same. Criminal or not. This is just my opinion.
Going by their years of drug arrests, etc, I can not see that they were putting her first. I am not trying to be snarky or misinterpret anything, I am just stating my opinion. And her Father's refusal to help LE at this point makes me wonder whose interest is mattering to him most.

Bumping to add a little bit in green.

Hey peeps. :wave:

Remember that at WS we have to link to a mainstream media (MSM) story and must consider other info as rumor. We understand that this is not how most social media sites, and many other true-crime sites, operate. But it is a very deliberate decision by the owners and is intended to protect both crime victims and our posters.

If a poster is local or knows the persons involved in a case, there is a very simple verification process available and you can PM any on-duty mod to ask for details of how to get verified.

Meantime, we have to respect the privacy of persons who have not been officially named suspects in any particular case.

Let me know if you have any questions, and thank you all for dedicating your efforts to finding Lyric & Elizabeth!

I would like the locals to share their opinions of where people supposedly go to buy drugs, etc, ya know the sketchy scarey places?? - what is a specific area with the worst reputation overall??
Curious to see if locals think the same, or have different opinions.

Am not local and would be interested in their responses. There is a registry of homes known to be/have been meth labs in Iowa (and other states too) so it is not really difficult to determine where the areas of action are for meth.

In Black Hawk county there are 35 registered for Black Hawk county with 26 of these in Waterloo, 3 in Cedar Falls and the rest scattered.

This registry shows the the breakdown - so if you want to know if you have been living next to a meth home check it out as it looks to be kept up to date. You have to agree to their terms of use to access the registry:

http://www.justice.gov/dea/seizures/index.html

An interesting address on Kern Street in Waterloo is listed in the registry.

Just wondering what the locals think of LE and how they have been handling the case. Is there a general consensus or is the town divided? I appreciate the local insight because I have learned so much and gained a better understanding of locations, how things are mapped out, distances between points, terrain, local sentiment. you can't get that stuff by just reading the newspaper and watching national news.

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one in a few...

So a drowning has been ruled out, do any of you locals have any ideas? I remember some of you saying it would be impossible to stop on the highway..is there a way they could have been grabbed and taken away then? Can you think of any reasons why the girls would stop their bikes where they were found?

Just wondering what the locals think of LE and how they have been handling the case. Is there a general consensus or is the town divided? I appreciate the local insight because I have learned so much and gained a better understanding of locations, how things are mapped out, distances between points, terrain, local sentiment. you can't get that stuff by just reading the newspaper and watching national news.

I agree the locals have been extremely helpful!!

Now that the lake has been ruled out. I'd Like to hear others opinions on what may have happened. Does the majority think they made to the lake by riding on the trail (would explain the dogs tracking the scent)?
Or is it likely they were abducted somewhere else and the bikes/purse discarded there?
Imo, I don't think the family is involved nor do I think its related to the drug issues. I do think its possible that they made it to the lake riding the trail and whatever happened did so at that spot where the bikes were found....but that's about all I've got

I personally think Lyric was "groomed" over a period of time by a sexual predator who has abducted her (and Elizabeth because they happened to be together). I am on the fence whether it was someone related to the drug issues regarding both her parents. At a minimum, their issues made Lyric a prime target for grooming (unstable home life with intermittent involvement with natural parents and some level of exposure to meth community).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela