IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they'll discuss it publicly but would love to see the beyond the section we are seen in those surveillance clips. If Grandma was out driving around, those areas would likely have been passed. Should be a vehicle that matches hers also trekking around town from 12:30-1:30 yes?

She was out searching in her car from 12:30 until 1:30. That is a lot of searching in such a small town. I would be curious to know if she stopped by friends homes and local stores or restaurants at that time and if she asked people any quexstions. I would assume she went to the local parks and the school playground etc. I wonder if anyone saw her there searching? [ I am not saying she wasn't searching, just wondering what others perceived.]

I alerted on GGE's post with the "...everyone is a suspect." quote just to be sure Imamaze sees it. I hope this means we can have a bit more freedom to sleuth, but I agree with Ima that we must be careful not to bash the family. How someone dresses is completely irrelevant, MOO.

Did I hallucinate that there was an interview early on where WC said they left after 12 and then was "corrected" by the mouth and then changed it to 11:30? Difficulty getting the story straight...probably stress. MOO

Playing devil's advocate,

"Rick Abben, chief deputy with the Black Hawk County Sheriff's office, said investigators still had no single person of interest in the case. "Now that it's an abduction, everyone's a suspect," he said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/20/us-usa-crime-missing-cousins-idUSBRE86J1EZ20120720

BBM -
So, can't we sleuth "everyone"?

ok, I'm sure it won't work. I feel so juvenile even trying! I'll go to my room now. Just want the girls found, as we all do.

LOL, no we can't sleuth everyone. No sleuthing until someone is named a POI or suspect.

I know you all want the girls found, any info you have should be turned over to LE though and not posted here.

Sorry.

Ima

I agree with you to an extent-- I think the two family members who have been REALLY talking to the media a whole lot know more than they're letting on, but it begs the question:

Why just these two girls? Elizabeth has three more siblings, and Lyric has one. Why just these two kids out of all of them?

If anyone in the family knew where the girls were, why would they not report it to police? This is a life and death situation for the children. I simply cannot believe that someone in the family knows something, but is keeping it a secret. That makes no sense whatsoever.

It's most likely that these two girls were kidnapped because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time and they encountered a very bad person. All the other children in Evansdale were not kidnapped because they were not there at that time.

Playing devil's advocate,

"Rick Abben, chief deputy with the Black Hawk County Sheriff's office, said investigators still had no single person of interest in the case. "Now that it's an abduction, everyone's a suspect," he said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/20/us-usa-crime-missing-cousins-idUSBRE86J1EZ20120720

BBM -
So, can't we sleuth "everyone"?

ok, I'm sure it won't work. I feel so juvenile even trying! I'll go to my room now. Just want the girls found, as we all do.

I was going to ask the same question:

"Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Rick Abben said Tuesday that everyone is a suspect until the girls are found.

Moulder said it's all part of the methodical approach officers must take to find the girls. He believes that if the girls were abducted it was someone they knew or thought they could trust."

MSM and LE-video inside
http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iowa/Behind-the-scenes-of-missing-person-s-cases/-/9357080/15597078/-/7qr6s8/-/index.html

I am very careful to be non accusatory and provide links.

:truce:

Rules on Sex offenders

If, when a child goes missing or is harmed we can look at and link to sex offenders in the area, and post their information. You can also post maps to show how close they are to the victim.

You can bring over info found on RSO's you can not link to or post about just anyone with no type of connection possible.

'Who's in jail'

Unless you can show some kind of connection to the girls missing they can not be discussed.

Ima

MOO...Returned to the lake to "look", which would have given them an alibi for having their scent or trackable evidence at the lake from being there earlier.

Who was last known person(s) to see the girls?
Who went to the lake to search for the girls before anyone else?
Who had the ability to place the bikes at the lake without being noticed?
Who had to leave and "run an errand" in the midst of the search?
Who has had the most inconsistent stories of what happened?
Who has done most of the talking (and a lot of it) and interviews?
Who shared indirect family connection to both girls without being a parent?
Who was knowledeable with the family's schedules?
Who had plenty of time and opportunity without fear of getting caught?

Just going through the basics here. Nothing too complicated or out there, like CSI stuff. "Criminal Minds"?, maybe! :jail:

One to add -- who was named in the only subpoena to be issued so far in this entire case?

The whole timeline needs to just be thrown out, imo, because it seems to have changed several times and from the latest line it almost seems impossible for the girls to have gotten to the lake and missing between the time grandma and the video saw them and the time the bicyclist saw two bikes on the path. And that's without noting that grandma has changed the time she last saw them and the time she went searching. My thought is the only definitive time is what was caught on camera.

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one in a few...

There are way too many motives to list...I think if the "motive" is narrowed down, then the girls might be found!

It is important to note that TB said SHE WAS THERE when Dan put his knee on Misty's throat and broke her finger. (She said this in the interview with Judge J on Fox)

Grandma saw them at 12:15, then "went to look for them" from 12:30 - 1:30.

Which way were the girls riding on the cctv? I know it was West. But is west TOWARD the Collins home, or away from it?

The Collins home appears to be South of the last sighting of the girls.

SE_Meyers_Lake_Timeline.jpg

All I can figure is that Lyric was to use her cell phone to text Misty but Lyric forgot it at Grandma's house in Waterloo and didn't take it to Elizabeth's house Evansdale? So if that is the case then she would have to use Grandma's cell to text misty?

I am 99% sure that Lyric texted Misty regularly from GRANDMA's phone. Lyric's parents don't have jobs! Who would pay for a cell phone bill? (Misty just started her job one day before the abduction)

Rules on Sex offenders

'Who's in jail'

Unless you can show some kind of connection to the girls missing they can not be discussed.

Ima

SMB - sorry but I honestly need clarification on just one thing... when you say "some kind of connection to the girls" do you mean something like a relative is ok - i.e. "family connection", or do you mean the reason they're listed to be in jail has to say it's related to the case?

TIA

IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - The news director of an Iowa-based NBC affiliate said Thursday that the station would turn over footage of its interview with the mother of one of two missing cousins after authorities served a subpoena that claimed it could help their investigation.

Waterloo-based KWWL-TV announced Wednesday night that it received the subpoena seeking "raw video" of interviews conducted last week with Misty Morrissey and Wylma Cook and made the document public on its website.

News director Dan Schillinger said Thursday the station was in the process of giving authorities its full interview with Misty Morrissey, which has been available on its website. Cook was standing next to Morrissey during the interview, but she didn't speak. The station does not have any additional footage because its policy is to get rid of outtakes, Schillinger said.

"I think they are trying to leave no stone unturned," he said of investigators.

http://www.abc6.com/story/19119274/subpoena-seeks-tv-files-in-iowa-missing-girls-case

Just going over some newscoverage I missed while out sick end of last week. I missed this business completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase