IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMOO--only one of those two girls would need saving.

Thanks a bunch Holly and RNER for the links!

Why do you say that?

I thought so too till i read where Elizabeths uncle had overdosed...

Its all very sad!

JMOO--only one of those two girls would need saving.

Thanks a bunch Holly and RNER for the links!

Without opining on whether anyone needed saving, JMOO I don't think anyone was saved and I don't feel it is the motivation behind whatever has been done with/to the girls. Wouldn't it be nice if it was the motivation tho? It would make it so much more likely the girls are well and unharmed.

I'm just not feeling that this can have a good outcome. What do you all think?

I'm going to say this any way........ it's been on my mind.

I am flabbergasted about Iowa. And the Midwest.

I live in NY, grew up in the 60's. I have never seen anything like this before.

RSO's drugs etc...........
Sorry I just had to say it.

I don't know what this means, can you please elaborate

I save pics, vids, articles. Then I put them in some kind of order.

I have saved a lot of cases, and wish there was time to save all of the ones that interest me.

Here is the main site:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

It is a photobucket account. I do not earn any money doing this. I save files from media and wherever I can find stuff (like facebook).
I may just be a tad nuts. But it is my hobby.

To see the cases I have covered, the list is in alphabetical order at the right side of the page. Normally I only do US cases.

Anyone can send me things to include in any case, I will/may post it (on approval). Email: aamandareckonwith@gmail.com.

If you get caught peeing on a gravel road here they put you on the Iowa sex offenders website. So I don't know how many of those are true pediphiles.

Got caught doing that in the 60's as a teen with a whole car load of us. The officer who caught us was just curious what the hey we were up to stopping on old road...prolly wondering if we were smoking that wacky weed or had a few quarts of Flagstaff to pass around. He warned us we could each be fined $500 for peeing in public. :what: That was about a 1/4 of what a car cost at that time.

Maybe a bit OT, but the article posted on missing children says there are 12 children missing in Iowa, dating back to '75. I am curious how this number compares to other states. Anyone know where I could find info on current state by state stats?

Do you happen to have an iPhone? There is an Amber Alert app that is free and lists missing children by state.

How long had Grandma and L been going to HC's home on a daily basis for the four or five hours per day?

Was this something that had just started or had this been going on for quite some time.

There is a special place in heaven for WC and all caregivers, but especially the grandmothers whom are in their golden years and are helping their children. I admire WC's for all she has and is doing to help her children. She must be so tired herself, but gives of herself every day!

IMO

They turned right on forest river then right on Lafayette? Then right again on Evans? Why would they take such an indirect route?

Who saw them take a right on river forest rd and and the rest? Just wondering?

I'm going to say this any way........ it's been on my mind.

I am flabbergasted about Iowa. And the Midwest.

I live in NY, grew up in the 60's. I have never seen anything like this before.

RSO's drugs etc...........
Sorry I just had to say it.

If you look at the states with the most problems....and could even break it down to the towns (mostly rural), you'd find economic duress and employment down statistically compared to other areas of the country. My family left the midwest in the '70 for the east coast/upper atlantic region. I had friends who were constantly planning to exit because of it; either by college or many of blue collar moved to TX or LA for the oil industry. The midwest has been suffering for years. imo

As happens so often on a case where the new news is more sparce and the family is colorful or has a history full of fodder, it feels to me as if we know SO much more about the adults in this case and so very little about the actual missing children.

I wanted to try to list some of the things we have learned about the girls - likes, dislikes, etc. Who are our victims? I don't want them to just be names and faces to me as I sit and worry daily for their safety. I have a need to know better who I am worrying for.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/328473/147/Missing-Iowa-girls-Detectives-have-few-leads-no-motive

Drew described his daughter as "very girly, but she's also rugged and likes to explore." He and Heather said she loves cuddling and the color pink.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...7220057/FBI-believes-missing-Iowa-girls-alive

Lyric loves gymnastics and watching the Disney Channel, Haley said.

Lyric, Kaley and another cousin gave themselves the nickname the “Bradford Badboys,” after a music video from one of their favorite bands, One Direction.

Lyric always has a smile on her face, said Rick Edwards, the youth director at Countryside Vineyard Church, where Lyric and her mother, Misty Cook-Morrissey, attended church.

[snip]

Still, Lyric is a rambunctious girl who likes to be the boss, those who know her say.

Elizabeth, called “Lizzy” by most, has a grin for everyone and likes to talk to anyone who will listen, friends and family say.

Elizabeth was home-schooled in second grade. The next year she attended Poyner Elementary School in Evansdale, part of the Waterloo school district.

“She was so social,” said Angel Munson, Elizabeth’s third-grade teacher. “She was always the last one to finish her lunch because she was always talking. I’d be like, ‘Come on, Liz, get moving,’ and she’d give me that smile.”

Munson last talked to Elizabeth three or four weeks ago.

“She asked for my address because she had written me a letter,” she said. “I couldn’t get her off the phone, you know? She was wanting to tell me everything she’s done this summer. She had gone swimming and played with friends and rode her bike and all these good things. I just keep reflecting on that phone call.”

How long had Grandma and L been going to HC's home on a daily basis for the four or five hours per day?

Was this something that had just started or had this been going on for quite some time.

There is a special place in heaven for WC and all caregivers, but especially the grandmothers whom are in their golden years and are helping their children. I admire WC's for all she has and is doing to help her children. She must be so tired herself, but gives of herself every day!

IMO

I believe MCM stated in an interview that she had recently started a new job and that's why they went there...I can't recall if they had been going there on a regular basis prior to the new job.

I also would love to watch the whole video of the girls riding their bikes behind Ledermans. I would like to see if they were followed?

Who saw them take a right on river forest rd and and the rest? Just wondering?

I quoted you saying they took a right on river forest. If the theory is that they rode their bikes to the lake and you are saying they turned right on river forest, then they would have to take two more rights to get to the lake, if they did indeed ride their bikes to the lake.

In regards to the amount of meth labs in Iowa, it has decreased in the last few years due to laws making a signature required to buy anything with epehedrine, which is one of the main ingredients. But the makers have adjusted and now commonly use a method called "Shake and Bake", where they make smaller amounts of the drug in 2 liter pop bottles, it can be made quicker and is easily disposed of, as to not leave behind a lab that authorities find. I walk every day in the rural countryside and often find the remnants of these bottles. I wouldn't dare pick up cans and bottles like I did back in the 80's.

I quoted you saying they took a right on river forest. If the theory is that they rode their bikes to the lake and you are saying they turned right on river forest, then they would have to take two more rights to get to the lake, if they did indeed ride their bikes to the lake.

Oh, but I think they went down Lafayette rd to the bike trail, which leads straight to where the bikes were found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase