The Package and the Defense Motion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
but nothing about him and his therapist. We dont know yet :)

I think the Bean-Bayog/Paul Lozano story is more on the Harvard University Patient who fell apart , got crazy and committed suicide after being separated from his psychiatrist who possibly taught him his first sex experience LOL. ...this could possibly happen on JH and Fenton too... but as of right now we dont know...

All of a sudden, JH was craving for sex too and finding some prostitutes? Hmmmmm.... another theory we can look since we still have up to November to get some real facts maybe lol..

BBM
I dont think it was all of a sudden :D I do think often the MI is sexually inappropreate, and craves a lot of sex.
I can probably find you some links but you can look that up.

The writer however is mixing up a bunch of cases unrelated.
Bean-Bayog/Paul Lozano Psychiatrist knew that Mental condition.
SO IMHO – the shrink is nuts, nuts, nuts. LOL

Maybe JH shrink was off the wall too, based on what we do know - no surprise if she is - but we do not know yet.

Video: James Holmes Arraigned on 142 Charges

[video=youtube;8BZYzZDAZFY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BZYzZDAZFY[/video]

First minute or two are a PBS interview of Peter Banda of the AP, about the charges, leaks about the package (notebook) evidence in court today; next he talked about JH's physical appearance (demeanor) in court. Followed by a couple legal beagles.

More from Banzhaf :

John Banzhaf, a professor of public interest law at George Washington University, said the discovery increases the likelihood the university will be sued by victims "for negligent failure to take appropriate steps to prevent the rampage."
He said mailing the package to a psychiatrist, as Fox reported, could suggest that Holmes had seen the doctor "in his professional capacity for therapy and/or counseling." He said Holmes' withdrawal from the prestigious graduate program "by itself would be a red flag" for a psychiatrist or psychologist, and that if Holmes was being seen for therapy, the university may have had a legal obligation to pay more attention to his mental condition.
"While it might seem unreasonable to expect that a university would be able to detect signs of potential dangerous mental instability in all of its thousands of students, a reasonable argument can be made that it should have followed up at least somewhat when a student suddenly and unexpectedly leaves a graduate program, gives up a substantial financial stipend which is supporting his lifestyle, is forced to move from his home, and consults a psychiatrist, — all major stressors," Banzhaf said.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-07-25/aurora-mail-package-james-holmes/56491340/1

I don't know if I were a professor that I would be talking about upcoming law suits. While there is major potential for that, it will all depend on the facts of the matter. If JH was seeing the psychiatrist (which we do not know) that does not mean he told her anything at all. He may not have been seeing her. Too much to wait on for professional anyone to give the go ahead to all the victims to get a civil attorney, which is how it appears when talking heads do this sort of thing.

I was thinking about the supposed contents of the the package. Wonder if JH was poking fun or was told he was being immature at any time by the psychiatrist. Stick figures is not what someone of his supposed mental capacity would be drawing, so I see it as snark. Sort of an f.u. b**** slap in the face.

I don't know if I were a professor that I would be talking about upcoming law suits. While there is major potential for that, it will all depend on the facts of the matter. If JH was seeing the psychiatrist (which we do not know) that does not mean he told her anything at all. He may not have been seeing her. Too much to wait on for professional anyone to give the go ahead to all the victims to get a civil attorney, which is how it appears when talking heads do this sort of thing.

I was thinking about the supposed contents of the the package. Wonder if JH was poking fun or was told he was being immature at any time by the psychiatrist. Stick figures is not what someone of his supposed mental capacity would be drawing, so I see it as snark. Sort of an f.u. b**** slap in the face.

I think he is just basically like us, putting his theory but using his mouth on the media :) and he's just exploring the law and his opinions with what he knows ...The Media always get opinions from "experts" to write something . This is still a hot case, people will still read what others have to say most specially from a law professor of a reputable law school.

Anymore details on the blaring techno music that was set on repeat for a full hour starting at midnight??
.. Mainly out of curiosity but with the shooter seeming to have the batman theme throughout in various ways(some loosely.. Some more definite/pronounced).. I'm anxious to know if even loosely the choice of music kept with his chosen theme??

TIA:)

I think the Bean-Bayog/Paul Lozano story is more on the Harvard University Patient who fell apart , got crazy and committed suicide after being separated from his psychiatrist who possibly taught him his first sex experience LOL
Sure but if you dig deeper into the story, the sex, while salacious for media heads, was the least of the problem. Bean-Bayog was practicing reparenting therapy, which is largely credited to Jacqui Schiff's book, "All My Children" ( link )
Jacqui Schiff's 1970 book All My Children popularized reparenting as an alleged treatment for schizophrenia, and she claimed to have successfully treated or cured many patients this way.
While some still practice this form of therapy, it is highly questionable and imho, dangerous ( link )
The therapy has fallen into disrepute because of the number of lawsuits arising out of actually increased intrapsychic damage during regressive states, the fact that reports of cures were entirely anecdotal, the cost-ineffectiveness of what amounted to years of daily therapy to the patient, the increasing evidence of biological and genetic predispositions of major mental illnesses, and the development of safer and faster-acting symptom-eliminating psychotropics during the 1990s, among other things.

Why might that be? Again, imho, bc reparenting therapy takes the concepts of transference ( link ) and countertransference ( link ), an arguably naturally occurring phenomena btw therapist and patient, to an extreme.

That being said, the following is *purely* speculation on my part.
Fenton was promoting breast enlargement through acupuncture in 1998. ( link ) From the May 11, 1998 Denver Post article:
The treatment involves a series of 10 acupuncture sessions, each from 20 to 45 minutes long, over four weeks. Between four and six sterilized, disposable needles are placed into each breast and the surrounding area. Then the needles are attached to a small electrical unit that stimulates those points.

[...]

Fenton is seeking funding to do more extensive research, and she wants to study the actual mechanism involved. For now, that's the question she can't answer: Why this seems to work.
So, she's basically using electrical muscle stimulation ( link ) and yet does not seem to grasp rudimentary concepts of muscular estim. She is also alleged to specialize in schizophrenia ( link ). Though, there appears to be no information wrt her experience in that particular field. Though, we can arguably assume her interest in this area is, at the very least, within the last, say, five years. Since her prescription reprimand occurred in 2004 ( link ) and...

...oh, dear... it seems Fenton received some sort an HPPP-CO PUBLIC DISCIPLINARY ACTION on June 19, 2012 ( link ) This was not listed a few days ago.

But, I digress...
Considering her history of exploring unorthodox practice, in conjunction with the degree and presentation of Holmes explosion, I would not be the least bit surprised to learn this woman was practicing some form of reparenting therapy. And that the termination of her client, may have been the flashpoint for the final outcome. With the decompensation beginning well before, and arguably at the onset of regressive episodes.
Again, the above is purely speculation. That said, being a curious cat and all that, I'm off to research this latest board action.

Breaking News

ABC News is exclusively reporting that Fenton wrote the university's policy on threat assessment and in June alerted her concerns about Holmes to the university's threat assessment team; but when Holmes announced he was dropping out, the threat assessment team took no action.

More details to follow shortly..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

Here is the full article; I basically transcribed the details of the report on World News with Diane Sawyer in my earlier post:

Psychiatrist Called Threat-Team About Aurora Shooting Suspect James Holmes

Aurora, Colo., shooting suspect James Holmes came to the attention of the threat assessment committee at the University of Colorado but no further action was taken because he left the school more than a month before the attack that killed 12 and injured 58, sources told ABC News.

ABC News has learned that Dr. Lynne Fenton, the psychiatrist who was treating Holmes, 24, at the school, was also a key member of the university's threat assessment team. The group of experts were responsible for protecting the school from potentially violent students.

KMGH-TV, ABC News' affiliate in Denver, reported exclusively that, according to sources, by early June, Fenton had informed other members of the team about her concerns regarding Holmes.

But on June 10 -- three days after Holmes bought an assault weapon and added it to his already growing arsenal -- he suddenly told the university that he was dropping out of the neurosciences doctoral program with no explanation.

...oh, dear... it seems Fenton received some sort an HPPP-CO PUBLIC DISCIPLINARY ACTION on June 19, 2012 ( link ) This was not listed a few days ago.

https://www.colorado.gov/dora/licensing/Lookup/PrintLicenseDetails.aspx?cred=423104&contact=457157

wow..and when i click the link - view the document, it isnt there....hmmmm

Error Page 500
We are sorry about the inconvenience.
The application has encountered a problem. Please contact support at support@www.colorado.gov or by calling (800) 970-3468.
Return to www.colorado.gov or go back to the previous page.

https://www.colorado.gov/dora/licensing/Lookup/PrintLicenseDetails.aspx?cred=423104&contact=457157

wow..and when i click the link - view the document, it isnt there....hmmmm

Error Page 500
We are sorry about the inconvenience.
The application has encountered a problem. Please contact support at support@www.colorado.gov or by calling (800) 970-3468.
Return to www.colorado.gov or go back to the previous page.

I suspect that has more to do with browser probs, than anything. However, you can go to their Dept of Regulatory Agencies document search ( link ), then just click on logon, select last name (for your search), and enter fenton. Notably, the older (2004) doc is listed, but the newer one is not. Considering this latest just showed up, I expect the document to show up in the next few days. Ain't technology great?!

I suspect that has more to do with browser probs, than anything. However, you can go to their Dept of Regulatory Agencies document search ( link ), then just click on logon, select last name (for your search), and enter fenton. Notably, the older (2004) doc is listed, but the newer one is not. Considering this latest just showed up, I expect the document to show up in the next few days. Ain't technology great?!
direct link from your instructions https://doraimage.state.co.us/Liber...8g0D;Q6l_I=z_l9BCOD5NXvWCPsz_fzOm4tJ;;;Page=1

http://www.dora.state.co.us/hppp/
http://www.dora.state.co.us/medical/forms/BoardActionsMedical08.pdf
Lynn L. Fenton, M.D., Denver, CO License #32723
On June 15, 2006, the 2004 Stipulation and Final Agency Order was completed. This is not a disciplinary action.

IMO the 2004 ''case" was more of a 'forgiven" case and she was just given minor things to do... but honestly, why would a husband or some friends tell people /medical board they gave them this and that medication... i think there is more to that offense but since she has good resume, some doesnt want to waste it so they let her continue the practice as long as she will not be allowed to give prescriptions illegally

Cant wait to hear that June 19, 2012 disciplinary action.

Shadow , i think their online site only has the result since May 2012
June 19, 2012 is pretty new ..

Board Action Definitions

The following Board action definitions are provided to assist you reviewing the information provided on this page.

Letter of Admonition: A public reprimand issued to the physician in the form of an actual letter or as part of a Stipulation. The letter or Stipulation is a public record and may be obtained from the Board office.

Stipulation and Final Agency Order: An order of the Board and an agreement between the Board and the practitioner prior to a formal hearing. A stipulation resolves the case. In a stipulation, both parties agree to facts, sanctions and the terms and conditions for continued practice, if applicable.

Final Board Order: Final order issued by the Board after a formal hearing before an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) where evidence and testimony were presented. The ALJ prepares a written report of the findings which a Hearing Panel of the Board reviews and then makes the final ruling regarding the appropriate sanction.

Summary Suspension pursuant to 24-4-104(4), C.R.S., is an immediate, temporary withdrawal of the practitioner’s license to practice medicine pending prompt commencement of formal disciplinary proceedings. This type of suspension can only be ordered when the Board finds the public health, safety or welfare requires emergency action or that the practitioner has willfully violated the law.

Summary Suspension pursuant to 12-36-118(5)(g)(IV), C.R.S., is a suspension of a practitioner’s license for failure to comply with a lawful order of the Board.

Summary Suspension pursuant to 12-36-118(9), C.R.S., is a suspension of a practitioner’s license for failure to comply with a Board order for a medical examination.

http://www.dora.state.co.us/medical/boardactions.htm#Definitions

Shadow , i think their online site only has the result since May 2012
June 19, 2012 is pretty new ..
I agree. Guess we will have to wait.

direct link from your instructions https://doraimage.state.co.us/Liber...8g0D;Q6l_I=z_l9BCOD5NXvWCPsz_fzOm4tJ;;;Page=1

http://www.dora.state.co.us/hppp/
http://www.dora.state.co.us/medical/forms/BoardActionsMedical08.pdf
Lynn L. Fenton, M.D., Denver, CO License #32723
On June 15, 2006, the 2004 Stipulation and Final Agency Order was completed. This is not a disciplinary action.

IMO the 2004 ''case" was more of a 'forgiven" case and she was just given minor things to do... but honestly, why would a husband or some friends tell people /medical board they gave them this and that medication... i think there is more to that offense but since she has good resume, some doesnt want to waste it so they let her continue the practice as long as she will not be allowed to give prescriptions illegally

I read the documents, what happened was, someone tried to fill a script for vicodin and the pharmacy called her office to confirm it. It turned out she never wrote the script, someone working in her office did. She fired that person. Said person then tried to get a script filled for herself and was arrested.

While this was being invesitaged, Dr. Fenton informed them of every time she had scripted meds for herself/husband/staff.

It seems to me the problem was not scripting her staff/husband meds, it was that she did so without maintaining a chart on them.

I worked for a ENT years and years ago as a receptionist and he treated me and wrote me scripts for colds and such. But I also know he kept it in my medical record.

Seems like a very minor offense on her part.

I read the documents, what happened was, someone tried to fill a script for vicodin and the pharmacy called her office to confirm it. It turned out she never wrote the script, someone working in her office did. She fired that person. Said person then tried to get a script filled for herself and was arrested.

While this was being invesitaged, Dr. Fenton informed them of every time she had scripted meds for herself/husband/staff.

It seems to me the problem was not scripting her staff/husband meds, it was that she did so without maintaining a chart on them.

I worked for a ENT years and years ago as a receptionist and he treated me and wrote me scripts for colds and such. But I also know he kept it in my medical record.

Seems like a very minor offense on her part.

I am more curious for June 19, 2012 Public Disciplinary Action :)
Can you help sleuth it?

James Holmes court document revised four days after its release ( link )
By Jeremy P. Meyer, The Denver Post, August 01, 2012

As media outlets continued to clamor for information in the criminal case against suspected theater killer James Eagan Holmes, a previously released document that had been widely publicized was altered slightly on Tuesday to remove a key piece of information.

The motion by defense attorneys, originally released Friday, was altered to black out a section that revealed Holmes was a patient of University of Colorado psychiatrist Dr. Lynne Fenton.

[...]

No explanation was given for why the motion now is redacted — four days after it had been published on the Colorado Judicial Branch's website.

Also blacked out was a reference to the Colorado statute that covers patient-physician confidentiality in a court case.

Thanks for the link shadow...

The funny part was :
Denver attorney Dan Recht said he suspects the redaction was made by the court, not the defense or prosecution.
"It's possible the judge realized he made a mistake in releasing that motion because he may have realized that he violated his own gag order," Recht said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak