Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wishyouwere here I don't know, I don't know, and I don't know :( :(

believ09 I forgot to add, that yes, we don't have any idea how many searches investigators have done. They may well have done many.

I do know of one that was a large search, and I only saw one mention online about it.

Are these SAR's grioup coordinating with LE?

Oriah is is normal for SARS groups to work without LE's advice/permission/whatever? Are they just doing this on their own? I am confused...even if a family wants searches done, don't they work with LE?

No.
Most work with LE and family/friends combined. If permission is needed for privately owned property (and that means businesses, personal residences, all of that) then you have to work with LE. TC is not SAR that is sanctioned by LE. If he is and I'm missing something, someone please let me know!

Because they, like most families, try to follow what LE tells them what to do and what to not do, what to say, what not to say.

Good point, I think however, that the Bobo's have lost their patience with LE and maybe others and are beginning to speak out about things that they would like to see happening. JMO.

No.
Most work with LE and family/friends combined. If permission is needed for privately owned property (and that means businesses, personal residences, all of that) then you have to work with LE. TC is not SAR that is sanctioned by LE. If he is and I'm missing something, someone please let me know!

The work he did with his team was done independently, at the request of a private citizen. Investigators said on tv that he was not a part of their investigation, and that was true. He was working privately.

On the items Mr. Bobo mentioned on the news, the way he worded it, made me think that he has known about the items for a long time, and that the information has been kept quiet by investigators, because he said with frustration on his face and in his voice that it is past time for this information to be released.

I am very sure that the family has had many, many struggles to deal with, in addition to their sorrow. I honestly don't know how Holly's Mother has been able to even get out of bed. I will always remember seeing her collapse, in the first interview they did.

Good point, I think however, that the Bobo's have lost their patience with LE and maybe others and are beginning to speak out about things that they would like to see happening. JMO.

That is what it looks like to me, too. I am hoping that now, with the additional private searches, that some clue may show up.

The SAR group that has been searching since last year, search again Aug 11 & 12.

They don't release any information to the public about what they find, and they don't even put out the info on where each new upcoming search will be, until just before the search is scheduled. I would imagine to keep others from going to the area ahead of time, and possibly contaminating a possible crime scene. (If that makes sense.)

I don't know if they found anything.

In light of the fact that they have searched appx twice a month for 16 months, it is my opinion from what I have heard, that they will continue to come here regularly.

Monica will be here this month too.

I understand not revealing what they found, if anything. IIRC, they did say the names of the 3 roads they wanted to search to eliminate them even if they were already searched. I was wondering if they are now moving on to other areas if those 3 roads have now been thoroughly searched. If CUE is coming back one would assume nothing of value was found by the other searchers?? Do SAR groups communicate with each other or do they work independently? Who tells them where to search? Family?

Karen Anne, just wanted to say that you are awesome!! Thanks for keeping us in the loop! Most of all for keeping Holly's case alive. :tyou:

Thats what I've been wondering since the purse and camera weren't mentioned when Holly went missing. I guess all of us can think of some things that could be on a camera that might of resulted in Holly being abducted. JMO that we can anyway.

Yes very bizarre that it was kept a secret until now. I can't think of any other reason than it contained something that should not have been made public. Whether it was family or LE, who knows.

Also, what about her wallet, driver's license, student ID, debit card, etc. Were these things found, or should the public be looking for these items?

ETA: What about jewelry? If something ends up in a pawn shop, two states away, how are we to help? Any descriptions out there?

True. In most pictures we've seen of Holly she wears jewelry. Earings, necklaces, rings, bracelets.

Holly%20Bobo%2020%20missing%20from%20Decatur%20County%20TN%20Family%20photo%202.jpg

15676073_BG1.jpg

80303406628.jpg

Those are just a few...there are many others.

This is the flyer when they did the truck campaign.

%25210_0000_MORGUE_2011_HollyBobo_AbductedInTenessee_Poster.jpg

I understand not revealing what they found, if anything. IIRC, they did say the names of the 3 roads they wanted to search to eliminate them even if they were already searched. I was wondering if they are now moving on to other areas if those 3 roads have now been thoroughly searched. If CUE is coming back one would assume nothing of value was found by the other searchers?? Do SAR groups communicate with each other or do they work independently? Who tells them where to search? Family?

May I pass to Oriah ?

Karen Anne, just wanted to say that you are awesome!! Thanks for keeping us in the loop! Most of all for keeping Holly's case alive. :tyou:

Oh, Lord, ya'll have kept this case alive here on WS. If I remember right, I think a few of ya'll have said that you have been right here all the time, from the beginning. I have too, but I have not posted; ya'll have. I've mostly read.

All of you regulars on this thread have the love and drive in your heart that I do; I see it in your posts, and in your frustrations.

I think that we will know what happened; just a feeling that I have. Nothing more.

Thank you for the new pic, ~N/T~

You had one I didn't ;)

Okay, this is too weird...watching an episode of "Nightmare Next Door" on ID...a woman in PA kidnapped from her driveway, blood on driveway found, witness saw it happen (but he was only four) and...her name was Holly. And it was April and it was from a very rural area.

This was about 12 yrs. ago and the perp was caught, but geez...very creepy.

ETA: It took 4 years for a hunter to stumble over her remains.
The perp was a neighbor who was considered a friend. No motive known.

Okay, this is too weird...watching an episode of "Nightmare Next Door" on ID...a woman in PA kidnapped from her driveway, blood on driveway found, witness saw it happen (but he was only four) and...her name was Holly. And it was April and it was from a very rural area.

Woa, that is way beyond weird.. :what:

I looked up the case. Her name was Holly Notestine. Another similarity, it was in April! Creepy indeed. This Holly was also very petite. She had 2 children. Her remains were found only 4 miles from her home!!

http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/ar/t1863.htm

http://times-news.com/local/x328562253/Bedford-kidnapping-homicide-focus-of-TV-show

BBM: Yes they very often do. As to where to search- most try and put together search areas based on information gathered from as many sources as possible (LE, family, last seen, areas cleared/uncleared, etc.)

Oh my, that is weird! Wonder why it took 5 years for her killer to be caught?
Did LE have their suspicions about him but couldn't move forward without her body? Maybe this is a precursor for how Holly's case will play out. I wish I could have seen the show. What channel was it on, Cluciano? Oops...didn't read it good...ID.

Oh my, that is weird! Wonder why it took 5 years for her killer to be caught?
Did LE have their suspicions about him but couldn't move forward without her body? Maybe this is a precursor for how Holly's case will play out. I wish I could have seen the show. What channel was it on, Cluciano? Oops...didn't read it good...ID.

Yes they did have a suspect, the first guy they interviewed, since he was found burning something on his land that day (his vehicle I think) and they took a knife found in the truck. They kept it and matched it to the wounds on her bones when she was found. Her live-in was a suspect for a while, they ruled him out, but he still took some heat locally until the arrest. Even weirder, the defense lawyer came up with a LWOP guy who "confessed" and said he did it, but LE did not buy it.

Do you get the ID Channel? It is on again this Sunday at 7pm EST, called "Death Down on the Farm" a Nightmare Next Door episode.

I love the point raised about jewelry. Are there pawn shops in the area? I wonder if any of the jewelry was hocked? Perhaps it was given to a mother, sister, lover who doesnt know where it originated from? That would be worth publishing I would think unless it was already found at some point. :(

Holly, no one is giving up on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members