IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love my real crime show and last night a detective said that more times than any they have in the beginning of an investigation interviewed the perp while not knowing it then. Seems a whole lot of perps like getting next to LE and the investigations, and many of them have held down jobs in security or other jobs concerning anything to do with police work. They like to be at the center of attention on their own case without being discovered.

I have been wondering about that a lot. I'd love to see some statistics about how many perps. do things like showing up for searches, returning to the scene of the abduction/crime, etc.

The only place I recall reading about Elizabeth's purse being a backpack style was when it was suggested as a possibility by a poster here on WS early in the case. If anyone has seen or read otherwise in msm, please post a link because I believe that it was only conjecture.

Catching up on the posts ... I think someone posted or linked to a photo that included the purse or a portion of it. I'm not able to locate the post now; will continue to try to find the post later tonight/this weekend.

I love my real crime show and last night a detective said that more times than any they have in the beginning of an investigation interviewed the perp while not knowing it then. Seems a whole lot of perps like getting next to LE and the investigations, and many of them have held down jobs in security or other jobs concerning anything to do with police work. They like to be at the center of attention on their own case without being discovered.

They show that happening a lot on tv shows, but I was never sure how often it was true in real life. I know I have read that in many (or possibly most) cases that are solved, the perp's name is brought up at least once within the first week, and they have often been interviewed during that time.

I think this is allowed... horribly blurry picture sorry! But here are the girls in the August 20th People mag. To me Lyric looks a lot 'younger' in this one than in some of the other photos I've seen. The pic's not dated so she might actually be younger... hard to tell.

Attachments

• Lyric_Elizabeth.jpg
    Lyric_Elizabeth.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 94
Not sure if this has been thought of before, as I haven't read every post. What if the girls took Brovan, River Forest, then Morrell to the Evansdale Nature Trail. What if their intention was just to ride on it for a few minutes, near the house, so they could be back on time. Maybe they planned to ride up to Lafayette and back to the house from there.

Now what if there was an abductor waiting in the woods off the trail for someone to come along. Maybe this person is patient and just waits for the right victim to happen along his path. The girls happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Keep in mind I am going only from online maps, so maybe things have changed or I am not seeing this right, but there appears to be an empty building on Lafayette with a parking lot that backs up to the woods along the trail. It looks like an ok spot to park and not be noticed, as there doesn't appear to be much around that area that would draw people who might be paying attention to a parked vehicle.

So now what if the abductor strongarms the girls or lures them from the trail, with their bikes, to a car he has parked up against the woods. He knows they were on the Evansdale Nature Trail, so maybe he figures that they were allowed to ride/supposed to be on that trail and decides to dump their bikes on the other end of that trail, thinking that if someone comes looking for them they'll find the bikes eventually but down by the lake and will be mislead about what happened because the abduction actually took place at the opposite end of the trail, near Lafayette.

I don't think this works with the guy watering his lawn who says he saw them, but maybe he was mistaken? And was his sighting ever confirmed? Aside from him, is this possible with the time line and everything that is known?

Attachments

• possible route.jpg
    possible route.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 56
They also brought up all the drugs charges on DM & MCM. Talked about MCM in the halfway house,just got out,and maybe she made friends with someone who had a predator as a boyfriend, or made someone made who is retaliating against her. They said anything is possible.

Not sure if this has been thought of before, as I haven't read every post. What if the girls took Brovan, River Forest, then Morrell to the Evansdale Nature Trail. What if their intention was just to ride on it for a few minutes, near the house, so they could be back on time. Maybe they planned to ride up to Lafayette and back to the house from there.

Now what if there was an abductor waiting in the woods off the trail for someone to come along. Maybe this person is patient and just waits for the right victim to happen along his path. The girls happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Keep in mind I am going only from online maps, so maybe things have changed or I am not seeing this right, but there appears to be an empty building on Lafayette with a parking lot that backs up to the woods along the trail. It looks like an ok spot to park and not be noticed, as there doesn't appear to be much around that area that would draw people who might be paying attention to a parked vehicle.

So now what if the abductor strongarms the girls or lures them from the trail, with their bikes, to a car he has parked up against the woods. He knows they were on the Evansdale Nature Trail, so maybe he figures that they were allowed to ride/supposed to be on that trail and decides to dump their bikes on the other end of that trail, thinking that if someone comes looking for them they'll find the bikes eventually but down by the lake and will be mislead about what happened because the abduction actually took place at the opposite end of the trail, near Lafayette.

I don't think this works with the guy watering his lawn who says he saw them, but maybe he was mistaken? And was his sighting ever confirmed? Aside from him, is this possible with the time line and everything that is known?

This theory does not jive with the lawn guy's tip, or the TG bike sighting, but neither are confirmed, and are dismissed by some of us sleuthers in our theories. It does jive with certain info that was on here for a bit but got hacked by a mod, it looks like. Such info is also unconfirmed anyway. As far as anything "official" goes, this could have happened.

If the sighting is verified, that would put them very close to the trail. (See attached map)

The original post from someone else regarding fareway grocery and my original response have been deleted, so no one will know what this map is for. Oh well, I guess something broke the rules.

This theory does not jive with the lawn guy's tip, or the TG bike sighting, but neither are confirmed, and are dismissed by some of us sleuthers in our theories. It does jive with certain info that was on here for a bit but got hacked by a mod, it looks like. Such info is also unconfirmed anyway. As far as anything "official" goes, this could have happened.
I do think it could fit with the bike sighting at the lake though. If they were grabbed up near the house it would allow a bit more time in the timeline. The girls would not be biking down to the lake; a vehicle would be transporting the bikes. If someone grabbed them, drove right to the lake and dumped the bikes, then it might be possible that they were there in time for TG to see them. Of course the abductor doesn't know that the timeline will be so tight. He is just doing what he had planned. Coincidence would be what made the timeline tight.

I see a lot of posters referencing Lyric's size indicating she appeared older than she was, how does this information effect your theory?

I'm not disagreeing, she's bigger than me, I'm just wondering how that would effect the abductor?

My thoughts on it are the perp had seen the girls prior and knew their ages, or it was possibly a perp who wanted an older girl. But my dilemma with option 2 is that once he had them for a few minutes he'd realize pretty quickly that she was a mere child.

The original post from someone else regarding fareway grocery and my original response have been deleted, so no one will know what this map is for. Oh well, I guess something broke the rules.

Posting info that comes from other crime forums is considered rumor only, and definitely not allowed on here.

that could also explain how they rode to the lake so quickly.

I'm not sure if it has been discussed either (I'm trying to catch up but I've only started Thread 6!), but yes, that route has been discussed as a possibility. However, when the surveillance videos were released, it appeared as if the girls were biking away from that trail and heading towards River Forest Road. This road is a very busy route through town, but again, no one has come forward to report seeing them on this route, either. It is possible they hit River Forest Road and cut back across to the Nature Trail, but that would have added extra time and distance to the already tight timeline, IMO.

I do think it's possible. I don't know the local area but it certainly looks like it would be very possible. In fact, I think it makes a whole lot of sense. But, I think Mr. C did see the girls so it's hard for me to really embrace another scenerio. I don't think he was confused about the day because LE came to his house on Friday evening (the same Friday that they disappeared) and I don't think he would have thought he had just seen the girls earlier that same day if he hadn't in fact seen them.

Rewind request downstairs. See post 818. TIA

Posting info that comes from other crime forums is considered rumor only, and definitely not allowed on here.

Which I hadn't done but since my post was in response to that type of post, I must have inherited the delete. Makes sense.

Here's a interesting look at the scent dogs that were brought in from Quantico. It also shows how they work.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2010/december/scent_122310

Info on the dive team from CA.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2009/august/diveteam_082109/

Courier article about all the teams brought out, including the CARD team. This article also has info on where the dogs tracked.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_e795f002-d1ad-11e1-b983-001a4bcf887a.html

Great links! Thank you! I really liked the first one with the bloodhound in action. They are amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop