AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this also!
And after reading the new FB page that came out it sure is exposing all the abuse that has been going on in Brits home for quite a while!

That's what brought it to my mind. Beating a 12 year old girl until she's bruised and then kicking her out of her house at midnight! This from Brittney's best friend's mother. It sure changed my opinion on a few things. Wow!

The Home Town Search facebook page.

That's what brought it to my mind. Beating a 12 year old girl until she's bruised and then kicking her out of her house at midnight! This from Brittney's best friend's mother. It sure changed my opinion on a few things. Wow!

Wow! I haven't seen that. I am off to catch up.

Thanks.

Did CPS ever do anything to help these kids? And what about the little ones she has now?

The more I read about this family and some of the in-laws, I can't imagine what will slither out when the next rock is turned over.

According to a post Stephanie Hanke made, Brittney had only been staying at Chessie's for a couple of weeks before she disappeared.

I don't know where all Brittney lived, but she and one of her friends stayed for about three months with Brittney's paternal grandmother. It seems Brittney lived there more than at Chessie's.

Gee, I wonder why. (sarcasm)

<modsnip>

I know that etiquette says you should not follow your own post, but since I&#8217;ve already done it, might as well continue. This will be my last of the night. Promise.

Someone raised a theory, and I would like to get others opinion on it. Actually it makes a lot of sense. It is not uncommon to read about human trafficking in the news. (sigh) A poster thought onsidering the kind of people involved in this, that maybe Brittney was sold. As disgusting as it sounds, I think we should keep an open mind about all possibilities. Brittney is a young, pretty girl from a troubled family, exactly what people in the sex business look for. Almost all of Brittney&#8217;s maternal family are going to have legal expenses. Removing Brittany in that way would solve a couple of problems. Besides the money, or drugs, received, the most important thing would be to get Brittney away where she could not be called as a witness to any illegal activities she knew of committed by her relatives.

<modsnip>

LadyNRed, good point. I can't help but wonder why both Brittney and Donnie were never heard from again (silenced?) that week, one suddenly disappearing and the other found shot and fighting for his life on a ventilator. Both living with Would sisters. It's so odd.

:waitasec:

LadyNRed, good point. I can't help but wonder why both Brittney and Donnie were never heard from again (silenced?) that week, one suddenly disappearing and the other found shot and fighting for his life on a ventilator. Both living with Would sisters. It's so odd.

:waitasec:

It is odd - and so very convenient for some people.

The location of I-10 even fits into that scenario. The people who traffic in young women like to use the interstate.

All this sounds so bizarre, but just a couple of weeks ago, two young women were kidnapped, beaten, drugged, moved to another city and sent onto the street by a pimp. They took a chance, and told their "customer" what happened. He drove them to another town where they went to the police. I don't remember how many other girls were found abused and drugged in a motel room. Two men and a woman were arrested. They used the I-35 corridor and didn't stay very long in any city.

I don't know how you would ever find out if that is what happened to a missing person. They always get the victims addicted to drugs, so that builds a dependency. Sort of a Stockholm Syndrome type deal for some.

When Brittney went missing, was her older brother in jail? Is he a half/step brother? Is he in jail, now?

When Brittney went missing, was her older brother in jail? Is he a half/step brother? Is he in jail, now?

Derek Wood, Brittney Wood, and a younger brother are the children of a previous marriage of Wallace Hanke and Chessie Wood.

Derek was in jail when Brittney was discovered missing. After he was released, he was subsequently arrested on 13 July, 2012 on sex charges. He is out now on bond. I can't remember what he was in for at first. I have it here "somewhere".

Same here!
she said drugs were a big part of the problem!
Who else was home when brit left?

Mom says she went to friends!
Friends say she went to see UncleD.

Maybe they should search the area she lives in?

Maybe her Brother was her Protector!
Im starting to get a better pic myself! and it aint pretty!

JMO

It is odd - and so very convenient for some people.

The location of I-10 even fits into that scenario. The people who traffic in young women like to use the interstate.

All this sounds so bizarre, but just a couple of weeks ago, two young women were kidnapped, beaten, drugged, moved to another city and sent onto the street by a pimp. They took a chance, and told their "customer" what happened. He drove them to another town where they went to the police. I don't remember how many other girls were found abused and drugged in a motel room. Two men and a woman were arrested. They used the I-35 corridor and didn't stay very long in any city.

I don't know how you would ever find out if that is what happened to a missing person. They always get the victims addicted to drugs, so that builds a dependency. Sort of a Stockholm Syndrome type deal for some.

We are talking about a 19 yr old girl that carries a gun!
A fighter!
I do not for one second see her being trafficked

Mod Note: These two Facebook pages are off limits:

The World Wide Search for the Truth about Brittney Wood, and The Hometown Search for Brittney Wood.

WS TOS call for discussions to be based on fact. For our purposes, facts are statement published by mainstream media (MSM), law enforcement, and other official sources, as well as information posted by members verified as insiders.

We are allowed to reference comments made on certain social media sites, such as media FB pages, and actual "missing" pages. These include pages set up to make an earnest effort to locate a missing person by disseminating information about searches, reward funds, vigils, and law enforcement announcements.

What is posted on the above pages is not "fact" by WS's definition, and has no place here. When these pages pop up in cases, the focus eventually is diverted away from the missing person. Innocent people get hurt, and it never ends well.

There is quite a bit of MSM material related to Brittney's disappearance. This evening, I'm going to start filling in the media thread. If anyone would like to get it started, the help would be appreciated.

I know earlier we said the discussion of the arrested family members should be kept separate from BW's missing thread. Well, a few months have past with more arrests, and LE has not ruled out the possibility that the sex crimes ring was a factor in Brittney's disappearance. The rule is going to change, and now the cases of the arrestees can be followed in this thread. As long as your posts are backed up with MSM links you're free to speculate about their involvement in Brittney's disappearance. Just don't overlook other possibilities. That said, as in every other case, we're not going to make accusations about her parents unless LE names them as POI's.

I really hate that Brittney's thread has fallen by the wayside. She deserves better. Let's do our best to get it on track by looking to the facts for answers.

:tyou:

Classy is one word I would NEVER need to use to describe anything she has ever done and/or said. :what:

IMO, JMO, MOO just like you.

If you're responding to my post, I was referring to Wallace (dad), NOT WWH (aunt). Sorry for the confusion.

Derek Wood, Brittney Wood, and a younger brother are the children of a previous marriage of Wallace Hanke and Chessie Wood.

Derek was in jail when Brittney was discovered missing. After he was released, he was subsequently arrested on 13 July, 2012 on sex charges. He is out now on bond. I can't remember what he was in for at first. I have it here "somewhere".

Thanks! I admit to being mixed up about who is related and how they are related.

Thanks! I admit to being mixed up about who is related and how they are related.

OFFICIAL PLAYER'S LIST
Updated: 8/15/12

CW (mom) & WH (dad) (BW's bio parents) have 2 sons (DW & TJW) & 1 daughter (BW) together. All 3 children have CW's last name.

DW (BW's older brother) arrested by BCSO, remains in jail.

AH is PH's bio dad who has custody of BW's daughter since April 2012, we believe. AH allegedly lives in Grand Bay with his mother & daughter.

CW has a 2 year old girl and an infant son with her current boyfriend, KPH (sometimes referred to as BW's stepdad). They are not married but they live together as a family.

CW's 2 year old is about the same age as BW's daughter (PH).

RSW (fka SW - 2nd uncle arrested with the heavier charges) is CW's brother (now known as RSW to distinguish from the other SW sister below).

WH (BW's dad) is married to SSH (BW's stepmom).

SW (another sister of RSW, CW, MWK & WWH).

DK (1st uncle arrested, out on bond – arrested twice by BCSO and once by MPD, out on bond from each arrest, private defense attorney is JWB, married to MWK (CW's sister).

MWK & WWH are twins.

CW's sister WWH was married to DH who allegedly committed suicide with BW's small calibre handgun approximately 40 hours after BW left CW'S home. He died a few days later in a Pensacola hospital. He was allegedly discovered by WWH & a family friend.

DH & WWH have 2 sons & 1 daughter together. DH may have 3 other children who are older.

DPH Jr (aka 'Nova) DH’s son (WWH’s stepson) - arrested by BCSO, out on bond.

WBB close friend of DH for many years; arrested, remains in BCSO jail.

HTH

Thank You Bessie for opening the discussion up to include the Incest/Sodomy/Rape charges.
6 days ago I accidently clicked on that thread, it's in the crimes against children section and I really hate going in there. It's so hard to hear those stories. I clicked once and read the last post and became hooked on this story. 6 days without checking my other "cases" that I religiously check. I read every post. i did'nt want to make it here sept 17th and still no Brittney.

I'm indebted to all of you who kept this thread going! For all the links and timelines. For verified and unverified locals. Always appreciate that aspect. I don't use facebook so getting snippets of what was said there was good too. I'm bummed I did'nt make it to that thread before it was closed.

I don't know what to say. Or how to find Brittney. I don't believe she ran away. I wish.. Life should not be this hard, not by half, for anyone.
For me there is no coincidence that uncle shot himself w/ Brittney's gun. I'd need more evidence to figure out if, Brittney was killed, if it was pre-meditated and then I would assume it was directly related to the pending child rape chareges. or was it an argument about these charges. It would'nt be a leap for me to think the group as a whole, meaning the perps that have been charged and their spouses and possibly other close family/friends, might have all known what Brittney could testify to (not that she would just that she held alot of knowledge imo) IMO Brittney was uncles "favorite" only because imo their group of perps probably got going strong at least 10 yrs ago. Uncle would be early 30's Brittney 9-10. They got her young so she was the most pliable, the most dependant on their drug supply. She proably thought they really loved her or she was special because of this "attention" . I just feel so sad for her!!
K and let me say in my life experiences I am of the belief that it is the female heads of households know everything. There's alot of females in this story.
I've had a few skeezy uncles in our family. There's no way we'd ever be around them for anything but a forced holiday situation and my kids would'nt hanging out w/ them. This family has constant knowledge and communication w/ each other and gossiping for everyone to have known alot! Or even just flat out intuition! IMO

Is it to much for me to hope the whole entire family implodes and DHS or someone gets all the minor children out?? Oh and that the other adults that have helped perpetuate these crimes against these children are charged as well.

I don't know how to find Brittney. Either uncle killed her then took her gun, knowing it all revolved around him and what he has done to these children, and by killing himself w/ Brittneys gun is like an admission of guilt?? (just speculatin') So then would he hide her body alone and where no one will find her?? Or were there others that took her body away, while uncle ties up a few loose ends before he took his own life.?? There would be like what? a day in the timeline where Brittney has no communications to uncle in his truck. It's obvious to me that "somone" took her phone to ping near/at the truck stop. As obvious as why "someone" would want to tamper with evidence. It's funny that "someone" would be so ignorant to what LE can get from phone carriers. Lots of precise times and actual messages, photos, internet browsing and searches from everybodys phone. Deleting things in a hurried frenzy will only show just that.

Hopefully whatever has happened to Brittney is having profound and life changing impact to people in that family. I know for me living on the other side of the country have had my eyes opened just a little bit wider, has me looking at things and situations just a little more askewed. Strengthen my defenses, for which i am am thankful for.

Mod Note: These two Facebook pages are off limits:

The World Wide Search for the Truth about Brittney Wood, and The Hometown Search for Brittney Wood.

WS TOS call for discussions to be based on fact. For our purposes, facts are statement published by mainstream media (MSM), law enforcement, and other official sources, as well as information posted by members verified as insiders.

We are allowed to reference comments made on certain social media sites, such as media FB pages, and actual "missing" pages. These include pages set up to make an earnest effort to locate a missing person by disseminating information about searches, reward funds, vigils, and law enforcement announcements.

What is posted on the above pages is not "fact" by WS's definition, and has no place here. When these pages pop up in cases, the focus eventually is diverted away from the missing person. Innocent people get hurt, and it never ends well.

There is quite a bit of MSM material related to Brittney's disappearance. This evening, I'm going to start filling in the media thread. If anyone would like to get it started, the help would be appreciated.

I know earlier we said the discussion of the arrested family members should be kept separate from BW's missing thread. Well, a few months have past with more arrests, and LE has not ruled out a connection. The rule is going to change, and now the cases of the arrestees can be followed in this thread. As long as your posts are backed up with MSM links you're free to speculate about their involvement in Brittney's disappearance. Just don't overlook other possibilities. That said, as in every other case, we're not going to make accusations about her parents unless LE names them as POI's.

I really hate that Brittney's thread has fallen by the wayside. She deserves better. Let's do our best to get it on track by looking to the facts for answers.

:tyou:

I am sorry I violated the TOS, Bessie. I remember reading to only use MSM links, but obviously I forgot.

I will try to start/add to the media thread as I am able.

Thanks for the flexibility of adding the arrestees to this thread. That will help a lot.

I, too, am sorry this thread is not getting all the attention it deserves. I certainly understand your concern about accusations flying about, and the opportunity for the focus to go awry and innocents hurt. OT: I am always reminded of Richard Jewell when names and accusations are thrown around by individuals or MSM. It is so easy to let thoughts suddenly jump from your head to the keyboard -- at least for me.

Thanks again for the information.

I feel so bad that so many close to Brittney let her down while she was growing up. She must have felt terribly alone, being abused and having no parents to comfort her. Dropping out of school in 8th grade, having a baby at 17. Wasn't anyone concerned about her future? Was she just a castaway child? A welfare paycheck for her mom? Her dad in prison?

moo

Hoping she had the means to start somewhere new, away from her abusive family.

BBM,

Brittney could not have dropped out of school in the 8th grade unless she was atleast 16 years of age, by state law, and Mobile County is very strict about truancy, trust me, I know.

The age for compulsory education, in the state of Alabama, is now 17, but the state's age of majority is 19, therefore a minor's parents can take steps to force him or her to remain in school if they so choose. The compulsory education age was changed from 16 to 17 in 2009.

I didn't think Brittneys thread fell "to the wayside". I think with numerous threads about her was too much so I'm glad we are combining them.

I didn't think Brittneys thread fell "to the wayside". I think with numerous threads about her was too much so I'm glad we are combining them.

I am too.

Toby, my thoughts tend to mirror yours in many respects. The timing of the uncles suicide with Brittney going missing, to me, is not a coincidence. Nor is the fact that he used Brittney's gun. The thing that leads me to think there is more knowledge by others is that I don't think the uncle would take the time to hide Brittney if he was going to kill himself. Apparently, it was no secret that the uncle was being investigated so I suspect it was no surprise the others were being investigated too. To me, those still being investigated, whether already named or to be named in the future, had the most to lose if Brittney's death was tied back to the uncle or those involved in the investigation and therefore they would have the most incentive in "hiding" Brittney after the fact. Beyond that, the simple fact that some may benefit by Brittney going missing should be sufficient to warrant an investigation. JMHO and 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3