CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the discovery of Jessica's backpack & water bottle...has it been said if the backpack and the water bottle were left on the side walk inside the "brown paper bag" that has been shown on the news?

I was just wondering because if so, it reminded me of those CSI evidence bags we saw used in the CA case.

It would seem odd that those items would be left in one of those style paper bags vs. just setting the items un-bagged on the side walk.

MOO, but I thought the brown paper bag (evidence bag)was probably put there by LE to contain the backpack and its contents.

When I was a very young teen, a father of one of my brothers friends saw me and my friend walking to school. He stopped at the curb and offered us a ride. We obliged, since i knew who he was. Once we got in his car I explained to him that I knew who he was since my brother hung out with his son. He looked so surprised. He then drove us directly to school and dropped us off.
To this day I have no idea what his intentions were, but I now know it was hella suspicious for him to pick up 2 young girls on their way to school. I think my telling him my brother hung out with his son caused him to only take us to school.
He just so happened to be a judge. I knew that getting in his car. It was one of the things that caused me to trust him. Go figure! He had no idea who I was nor my friend when he offered us that ride. I now suspect he was just some perv picking up a couple of very young teen girls.
So when LE is telling us it could be anybody......it could be.

Very good question about white males being the most likely offenders. I have often wondered this. I looked online and there doesn't seem to be any real explanations why this is the case. Would be a good question to ask a profiler.

I will never understand why any male of any race could commit such violent evil acts against an innocent child. The perp must have some kind of history of violent acts against animals if not people and be mentally ill. Brutally murdering a child is not a crime you wake up and decide to do one day. Hopefully the perpetrator has messed up and left some kind of evidence or DNA.

Please continue to keep Jessica's family, friends and community in your thoughts and prayers in the difficult times ahead the unimaginable pain they are in is too heartbreaking to think about.

Pedophiles murder to silence their victim(s). It is a much different crime than that of a sexually-motivated serial killer.

I haven't come across any children who were murdered in the past 7 years or so by a non-family member who body was found, with the murderer still at large...has anyone else? I am sure there are some, but not finding them. Seems like they are usually caught.

BBM Wildlife moving her body has crossed my mind. I thought about LE moving it but isn't the culvert on the other side of the fence? If so they would have to move her over the fence possibly messing with evidence. I guess they could move the body but it seems like cross contamination would be an issue if they moved the body from the culvert to the flatter ground and then to the coroners offices.

I think you are correct about LE not moving the body that far up and past the fence line. I thought about that as soon as I made the post and was going to correct that myself. If it wasn't for the fence though, it is possible that LE examined her inside the culvert for some time and then moved her out to determine if there was anything else inside...but, I agree, moving her past the fence line wouldn't have been practical. They were probably just looking inside the culvert for additional evidence, which would only leave the possibility that she was tossed/placed on the hill or animals drug her up there.

Jeezu...left around page 10, returned on page 23, only gone a handful of hours. This is thread #12 so its amazing to me that people here are still banded together trying to stay the course of bringing this azzwipe to justice. Websleuths is simply amazing... Going to catch up...

No, it wasn't any kind of "hickup".
For what it's worth, I believe you. I haven't gone back to see if part 1 of the memorial is available yet, but that was really odd that it was not up when the other parts were. I didn't watch it, and now I wish I had.

I cannot handle the thought of touching a dead body even a relative let alone brutally breaking it into pieces. Why is dismemberment becoming so common now? I hadn't even heard of it happening until recently it's pure evil.

Dismemberment can be a forensic counter-measure. People are more aware of leaving evidence. Besides, anything large is easier to move if it can be broken down into smaller parts.

Dismemberment can be a sign of sadism, but it is fairly rare.

I think you are correct about LE not moving the body that far up and past the fence line. I thought about that as soon as I made the post and was going to correct that myself. If it wasn't for the fence though, it is possible that LE examined her inside the culvert for some time and then moved her out to determine if there was anything else inside...but, I agree, moving her past the fence line wouldn't have been practical. They were probably just looking inside the culvert for additional evidence, which would only leave the possibility that she was tossed/placed on the hill or animals drug her up there.

This post from websleuths (which oddly enough came up in my google image search) contains an aerial still that shows the culvert in relationship to everything else. You can also see the floodlights and other investigative materials (?) set up at the culvert.

Warning: Clicking will take you directly to a post that contains an image, not a link.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8453276&postcount=672"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8[/ame]

Re her remains...

I'd like to know the distinct placement of her remains. Le said the remains were found on a hill. Wonder what the coordinates are. Also wonder which direction her backpack was facing when originally found. I wonder if the man that found it remembers...

If the perp is a serial offender, he might mimic a previous pattern of his. If the perp is a first time predator/offender, then he could be setting up a pattern. Hoping le thoroughly documented exact coordinates of each part & each piece of evidence, instead of just Niro g where the evidence was found.

Oh god, Polly Klaas. I forgot about her, that was just about as bad as Samantha Runnion and Jessica. At least both Polly and Samantha's killers were caught, and I think it makes me believe Jessica's will be.

I was actually working at a major east coast newspaper at the time of Chandra Levy so I remember that media coverage all too well (then again, politician and all). Don't recognize Danielle Van Dam from that list, will have to look it up.

Samantha Runion was for me the first child abduction case to really grip me. She was found off of a road I travel often to visit my parents. Long before (as in years) Samantha Runion's body was discovered on Killen Trail, the name itself would always gave me a horrible feeling. Sadly when her killer chose to display her remains on this same trail...I obviously wasn't the only one who felt that way and thankfully, neighbors petitioned to have the street renamed.

Danielle Van Dam is another child abduction that gripped me as well especially to discover how close by her killer was to her and how he intermingled with the search for her.

Makes me wonder which neighbor will be the one who's responsible for Jessica...:(

Thanks ... but ... at the same time ... I'm not sure that seems realistic. If she was left there late Friday, then I'm not sure what sort of foot prints or drag marks would still be evident in a field/open space 5 days later. Even if she was left there on Tuesday, a field doesn't leave much in the way of evidence ... in my opinion.

From a lifetime spent outdoors mostly in plains or high plains areas, I think it all depends.

Under some conditions, drag marks last weeks. Under other conditions, drag marks disappear within minutes.

An experienced tracker (I'm just an amateur) can get an idea of time by moving to a location nearby with similar geography, making similar drag marks and then returning at intervals to see what happens to the known drag marks.

You know, we moved here because Denver is supposed to be more family-friendly than Charleston, SC. This is beginning to worry me now...

Going on speculation of course - but what are the chances that this is the guy who killed Jessica? Maybe his mother put two and two together or he suspected she did and he killed her too. I suppose we will find out soon enough. Centennial is a Denver suburb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151