CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder why she didn't just go to his house ,if she couldn't get him on the phone, iirc she came right away when he went missing

She's probably been more focused on finding Dylan than making a bunch of attempts at contact?

I am just curious I haven't seen if they tried to track him from the fathers home. I mean wouldn't that be the first thing to do.

I'm super curious what is open at 6:30, I live in a super small town and drive into town and the only thing I can think of that is open early is prob a coffe shop and of course Walmart. It gets frustrating to always have to wait cause I like to go right after the kids go to school ,while I'm out

Well, it used to be that a couple of the lumber places, the local Co-Op, several of the popular breakfast joints were open. Now with the bigger things there, like Home Depot - it's open at 6am. So there are definitely things open, that's all I was getting at. :)
And like I said, if he left at 7:30am, it takes nearly an hour to get to Durango, if that's where he was going for errands, and by almost 8:30, there wouldn't be much in town NOT open.

Just relaying a story. When my family vacationed at Mesa Verde my husband went out for an early morning run. He heard a deep growl and turned around to see a mountain lion.

A mountain lion ate half of my niece's horse Christmas 2011 and half of Larry the Llama several weeks before her horse. They leave large zombie apocalypse type messes when eating. Searchers would easily spot the mess if Dylan disappeared in this manner near his home.

When approached at his home in Vallecito, Mark Redwine answered the door clutching a pillow. He declined to be interviewed, saying he had been “bombarded” by media requests. He said he didn’t have a lot of support at the moment and had family coming in to help him figure out how to respond to the situation.
http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart

Coming in to help HIM figure out how to respond to the situation? Huh? What about helping search for DYLAN? Hmmm. I wonder if his brother is an attorney.

That's a good question, hadn't heard this mentioned til now. If they have agreed to take polys we won't be hearing anything from LE as they've said they won't comment on any ongoing details, so unfortunately I don't think we'll hear any reliable, accurate results from poly tests if they're taken. :-(

LE may not respond but I tend to think Dylan's mom would and depending on how vocal she is about it, it may push dad into a response. ... just thinking

The phone worked the night before and should have worked the next day at the same location. What about not contacting the friends the next day to say hey, I slept in and can't make it, or I missed my ride, or sorry, I decided to go fishing instead.

Exactly! If Dylan had made plans and something had happened to change those plans - I would think he surely would have let his chums know! If his cell did not have a signal, then possibly using his father's land-line (did I not read previously that he had one?)

Something else I've been puzzling over - if my son (or one of his friends) at that age, had made plans with chums and missed their ride, etc - the very *first thing they would have done before attempting to set out by themselves would have been to call their friends to say they'd missed their ride, did not have one, and would one of the other parents be available to give them a ride so they could get together? (retired "mommy-taxi" here) Then, if there were no ride available, I could see Dylan telling his friends he'd get there by himself, but would be late, or was cancelling and going fishing by himself instead, etc....I do not think he would have left his friends hanging after going through the trouble of making plans for Sunday and then changing them to Monday morning.....Dylan obviously wanted to spend time with his buddies!

When approached at his home in Vallecito, Mark Redwine answered the door clutching a pillow. He declined to be interviewed, saying he had been “bombarded” by media requests. He said he didn’t have a lot of support at the moment and had family coming in to help him figure out how to respond to the situation.
http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart

Coming in to help HIM figure out how to respond to the situation? Huh? What about helping search for DYLAN? Hmmm. I wonder if his brother is an attorney.

I don't know if those were his exact words or if that was the wording the reporter chose. Sounds like the reporter is paraphrasing. But yes, he does not seem to be the most well-spoken man. Not a crime in itself.

ETA: I'm still not sure what to think!

In reviewing this article, it is pretty apparent that opposites attract- the careers of both are night and day. I feel this explains both descriptions of Dylan- and the probable personalities/traits/thought processes of both.

Re: employment. And, possibly, some of the tension between the parents.

*I apologize for being so oblique; it's still unclear to me what one is allowed to say here (and yes I've read the warnings and explanations).

I don't know if those were his exact words or if that was the wording the reporter chose. But yes, he does not seem to be the most well-spoken man. Not a crime in itself.

bbm: exactly

and just jumping off your post to AGAIN remind everyone of our victim and family friendly policy. Several posts are getting very close to the line.

thanks everyone.

Wouldn't he be on a direct flight at 13 traveling alone?

There are no regularly scheduled direct passenger flights from Colorado Springs to Durango.
Link: http://www.springsgov.com/AirportPage.aspx?PageID=4153

Of course, it's possible he flew on a charter or some sort of general aviation flight that didn't file a flight plan but the possibility is remote IMO.

Do we know for sure that he caught the initial flight in Colorado Springs? Especially since flights from Colorado Springs to Durango seem to have a connection in Denver. It's a bit of a drive to DIA in Denver, but maybe she drove him to Denver so he wouldn't have to do the two flights with the layover?

Totally a possibility, but there are no direct flights, so he had to fly through Denver if he flew out of Colorado Springs. If he was driven to Denver, my thoughts on flights are still the same.

I don't know if those were his exact words or if that was the wording the reporter chose. But yes, he does not seem to be the most well-spoken man. Not a crime in itself.

I'm not taking sides either- as there is just not enough information. I do not know any of the players personally. IMO- he means he has no clue about how to respond to all the media requests. I have not walked in this man's shoes, nor do I wish to....and he certainly has not had to deal with this situation before to "know" how to handle any part of this terrible situation.

He sounds overwhelmed to me. I imagine, going from living a quiet life alone to having your every movement or lack thereof dissected by the public would be somewhat overwhelming. He's obviously not done a good job with the media so far, if i were him, i would be calling in reinforcements too. JMO

that was the first thing i noticed too!...the others were with haliegh cummings, jon benet, and haley dunn and oh yeah, caylee anthony...

saying that boy to me sounds like it could any boy...not my or your boy, but that boy. but without establishing a baseline library of vocabulary for a person its hard to tell if the use of the word "that" cant really be determined to be something negative...could mean nothing...but i gotta say, after hearing in all of the other cases it sure made my ears perk up....

"He hasn't had any contact with us. [My older son] tried to get a hold of him by texting him, and he wouldn't respond," she said. "I just find it odd that at a time like this, he would be so evasive."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-boys-mother-suspects-husband-sons-disappearance/story?id=17813458

bbm, it would seem he has a cellphone as well.
fwiw, I had to teach my Dad how to text. His phone is not a user friendly smart phone, it's one of those "in between" phones. You have to seek out your text messages, and he never saw texts come in. He still won't reply for days to photo texts I send him, and I usually have to ask him if he's seen it for him to look. It's just not easy or intuitive on his phone, and he's not the type to care. Always answers his phone, though.

I am assuming the family would know if he is a texter or not, but if he's not and they decided to use text for whatever logistical reason on their end- he may just not have seen it.

Alternatively, he may have been in intensive questioning with LE and not had access. I can't imagine that intensive questioning was not happening day 1 and 2.

Not making excuses, just saying that if she is dealing with one side of the story, and we all know how well that usually works. Of course he could respond to it, but he seems unconcerned with that right now. Which is good, if he was all concerned about his reputation right now I'd probably find it extremely odd.

I'm sure it seems strange to some people, but it's a very common phrase where I come from. I believe if the people who do these statement analysis things would travel around over the southern and southwestern states, and really listened to people, they would hear that phrase quite often. It is a term of endearment, fondness, exactly the opposite of distancing.

It is a southern and a midwestern thing (I'm from Indiana). If I were in his shoes, I'd have a hard time saying my son's name aloud...it would make me cry harder.

I don't know if those were his exact words or if that was the wording the reporter chose. Sounds like the reporter is paraphrasing. But yes, he does not seem to be the most well-spoken man. Not a crime in itself.

Well put. Just because he's not reacting to this the way other people think he should be, doesn't mean anything. Everyone deals in their own way. Heck, I think if my Dad had ever been put in this situation and got to this point, I could have seen him breaking down and shutting down because he would have felt helpless and like he failed someway and he would have shut himself away from people to deal if he didn't feel like he could do anything and people were already making up their minds against him.
I mean heck, when little Jessica Ridgeway went missing there were plenty of people even locally for a while pointing the finger at her Mom or family members and scrutinizing their every move because they thought they were involved and that turned out wrong. Hopefully it's the same here, I mean...aside from the outcome. =/

Someone could have taken him. I mean, we don't know WHEN Dylan left the house if he left that morning after he Dad left. He could have left at 7:49, he could have left at 10am. If it was later in the morning, there's a better chance of a random person grabbing him. And sadly, there's monsters everywhere. You don't always know who you're living near, even in a small town. I mean, look at the Janson family in Bayfield back in the early 80's, both of their daughters were stabbed brutally by a 13 year old neighbor boy!! You just never know.
I hope there's a happy ending in this case. Something miraculous....but you just don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concernedcitizen706