CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. I have a fast-becoming moody son a year younger than Dylan. If my son wanted to see his friends and was texting them and I said no not tonight, I could see my newly-hormonal, normally lovely son heavily sighing, rolling his eyes, making a big show of turning off his phone, putting it away, pouting, and stomping off to bed when we returned home.

Obviously I have no idea what happened, just putting that out there.

Yes, but the next morning as soon as your son woke up, what would he be doing? Texting and emailing folks? That didn't happen here, and that really scares me.

Does Mom think Dad has access to a person and place who would keep Dylan for a period of time, or does she think he harmed him?

I do not see that Dad could gain anything from hiding Dylan; if fact as a non-custodial parent, he could probably be charged with kidnapping, right? I think that is a total pipe dream, if anyone believes that. The harming him-well, if it happened, it was spontaneous, in my opinion, not at all planned.

But I am still prepared to look at this as a stranger abduction, although it would fall under very coincidental circumstances, in my opinion, due to all of the strife, animosity, etc. surrounding this visit.

Mom said...paraphrasing a tad... if dad couldn't have Dylan no one would. That implies to me she believes dad capable of murder

Just a question. If anyone knows. If say somebody got up and walked out of a Poly would/could that be deemed inconclusive?

I don't really know the answer to that, but I remember it was written that Jennifer Kesse's father did just that and as far as we know, never returned to complete his poly. I don't know what ever became of that. In her forum here at WS, I questioned that and was told not to mention it again. I always found that, uhm, interesting. There was never any answer as to why a person that wanted a missing daughter found wouldn't take a poly, especially after already starting one anyway. I know an attorney would advise against, but once you're wired up, lol, it seems especially disquieting to not finish it.

Anyone?

Well at least we got some information about the phone. It was a flip phone and not a smart phone. From what I can remember of my old flip phone, because it was not running any operating systems or GPS apps etc, the charge would last for days. I wonder if Dylan's mother knew if the phone was fully charged before he left? He wouldn't have been able to use it on the plane so if it was then it should still have been fully charged when he got there.

MOO

Speaking as the other last person on Earth with an old cheap phone (other than Dylan)...

* There's no OS to speak of (it does have an OS as all phones do but it's not iPhone/Android/etc.)
* It does have GPS as all modern cell phones do, due to 911 requirements. You can also triangulate the location using cell phone towers. Of course a dumb phone won't tell you WHERE you are, but if you can get a signal, 911 can figure that out.
* It can last for days on a charge, even on. If you have the screen open or are talking, of course the battery would drain quickly.

Yes, but the next morning as soon as your son woke up, what would he be doing? Texting and emailing folks? That didn't happen here, and that really scares me.

Yep, you'd think that he would text his friends after waking up, post on facebook, things like that.

Mom said...paraphrasing a tad... if dad couldn't have Dylan no one would. That implies to me she believes dad capable of murder

Wait, what exactly did Mom say and when did she say that?

Dylan's mom states: No, none of his friends heard from Dylan since Sunday evening.
There is a landline in the home. Dad does have internet. No one got an email from Dylan. It is extremely unusual for Dylan. Dylan wants a smart phone for Christmas. His current phone was smoking when he was done texting.

Dylan was really good about waking up. If he had plans to be with friends at 6:30, this was uncharacteristic of him. He definitely would have gotten up in the morning.
Maybe his old phone finally bit the dust. My daughter did that to several phones before she finally got an iPhone. She had to replace the batteries every few months because she just wore them out.

I don't have the energy that pensfan or scorekeeper had for transcribing so this is all I can contribute (thank you both, btw)

I also don't have the attention span to focus my phone (my oven was beeping)

Thanks. Is it safe to wonder if Dad had a drinking problem? I'm an Al Anon member. He has traits I recognize.

Does Mom think Dad has access to a person and place who would keep Dylan for a period of time, or does she think he harmed him?

I do not see that Dad could gain anything from hiding Dylan; if fact as a non-custodial parent, he could probably be charged with kidnapping, right? I think that is a total pipe dream, if anyone believes that. The harming him-well, if it happened, it was spontaneous, in my opinion, not at all planned.

But I am still prepared to look at this as a stranger abduction, although it would fall under very coincidental circumstances, in my opinion, due to all of the strife, animosity, etc. surrounding this visit.

FYI.... It is FB rumor, but in earlier comments on the missing page, a poster makes reference to her friend, who is a supposedly long-term female friend of MR. She did not say girlfriend or even elude to anything romantically. She did, however, saw that this friend's "shop" had been searched and she thought her friend was in line to also take a poly. This was early on... maybe the 20th or 21st?? I am in the bathtub, so no link in here. lol

Has anything been reported anywhere about any life insurance policies on Dylan? I hate even thinking it...but could anyone profit from Dylan's demise?

No, nothing was reported about Dylan having any insurance policies.

a new thread will be coming shortly. Just a reminder to all to please read the rules at the start of the new thread. :tos:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192418"]CO CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #9 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

That was very early on. She considerably toned it down since then. I wonder if LE advised her not to talk badly about dad.

I don't really know the answer to that, but I remember it was written that Jennifer Kesse's father did just that and as far as we know, never returned to complete his poly. I don't know what ever became of that. In her forum here at WS, I questioned that and was told not to mention it again. I always found that, uhm, interesting. There was never any answer as to why a person that wanted a missing daughter found wouldn't take a poly, especially after already starting one anyway. I know an attorney would advise against, but once you're wired up, lol, it seems especially disquieting.

Anyone?

I would take a polygraph, stand on one leg, give a few gallons of blood....I'd do anything asked of me to help law enforcement find my child. The quicker than can eliminate me, the faster they can focus resources where they won't be wasted.

Maybe his old phone finally bit the dust. My daughter did that to several phones before she finally got an iPhone. She had to replace the batteries every few months because she just wore them out.

And if his phone died, he wouldn't be able to get phone numbers for his friends to text them off the phone. Granted he could still email - but if Dylan was a "prolific texter", he may not even know the email addresses of his friends.

And if his phone died, he wouldn't be able to get phone numbers for his friends to text them off the phone. Granted he could still email.

Or post on facebook, etc, using the internet.

What exactly is child abuse that is not physical?

Instances given was like not clipping the seatbelt on the kid, not picking the kid up from the bus stop right away........

I have a ipad & I'm using taptalk. I can't figure out how to copy & paste links or to search that far back yet. I'd check the first few posts in the new thread as soon as it opens....should be very shortly, unless someone else has it handy. Tia if ya do

It isn't! The closest McDonalds is further into town than Walmart. There is no way that he could of been shopping at Walmart, then McDonalds and back home by 8pm!NONE

Is there a McDonald's inside the Walmart? All the Walmarts in my area have a McD inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx