DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is this post?

http://www.myspace.com/jodiarias/photos/22152732#{"ImageId":2661281}
l.jpg

The coveted ring.

I doubt he was cowering, afraid in the shower. He was much larger and stronger than JA. If he saw her with a knife he could disarm her. Sure she might get a couple slashes in on him, but he could overpower her by size/strenth and adrenaline.
I believe it was a surprise attack, a sucker puch (stab) that he didn't see coming.
After the first stab to the chest he was in full on defensive mode and greatly weakened which made her attack easier...

I wouldn't read too much into that photo, it was a millisecond in time. He could've been squinting looking out the foggy door etc etc...

I've said a couple of times that his expression is unreadable to me. And my uninformed dd sees a guy "trying to look hot." And I agree it's very unlikely that his reaction to an attack would be to cower if he saw it coming even a moment in advance.

Does this have to be domestic violence?

Can't it just be that he had a relationship with an attractive sexy woman who he had no idea was a psycho and probably did not know was a psycho until the end?

We have probably all had relationships with people that we decided were no longer right for us for whatever reason. Most people move on.

How many of us assume that even the creepiest person they know is a killer?

I figure he was a person. Not a saint. Conflicted because HIS religion does not allow for friends with benefits or premarital sex. Why belong to a religion if you are not going to follow what it says?

So he has this dilemma .

Just like movie stars do not choose their stalkers nor do they have a relationship nor is it domestic violence.

He had an obsessed "fan" that there was no way he really could predict how psycho she could be.

It is complicated because he did want things about her as well, but in the end, he was ready to move on.

She was enraged because her plans were foiled. How dare he! He owed her!!!

I agree that it probably shouldn't be dv -- although technically it is. I think the laws were broadened to include "intimate partners" mainly b/c the incidence of intimate partners that are not legally married, for whatever reason, has increased dramatically and those relationships would not otherwise have been covered under existing dv law. But that's jmo, obviously, and not the entire explanation, I'm sure.

I really don't think the dv laws were intended to cover situations like this. Close, but not in this specific situation.

The photo was cropped. As for his almost smiling, I disagree, he had so many pics taken with a quirky expression that was like his signature. I found it part of his charm, endearing.

But for the last pic in question, I do see Travis almost like knowing his fate was near.

I'm curious about how this is known. These photos were recovered from the camera's SD card. How do we know someone cropped the original?

Also, I can't understand why the 20 shower photos (except this one) were deleted, but the previous sexcapade photos and the subsequent ceiling and "dragging" photo weren't. To me, that implies there was a pause between the shower photo where someone stopped and deleted the batch of 20. And then the photo-taking resumed. I can't understand that.

As for the person that speculated that maybe her nose was broken during some sort of struggle. I doubt it because I once had a broken nose...extremely painful! IMO would be impossible to make out with another guy 24 hrs later.

Her blood is from her hand and the cayse knife slippage because the knife became slippery with his blood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A boxer puppy! I have a 4 year old boxer...she is a lot of fun...you can see her as my avatar. You will love having a boxer.

Beautiful she is!
My daughter has a male boxer named mike. He is wonderful beyond belief!
I'm getting a female, naming her Molly!

I'm curious about how this is known. These photos were recovered from the camera's SD card. How do we know someone cropped the original?

Also, I can't understand why the 20 shower photos (except this one) were deleted, but the previous sexcapade photos and the subsequent ceiling and "dragging" photo weren't. To me, that implies there was a pause between the shower photo where someone stopped and deleted the batch of 20. And then the photo-taking resumed. I can't understand that.

The originals were cropped when it was decided his private parts would not be seen in court. The ones that were cropped, were described as such to the jury. They were told what the cropped out parts looked like.

Imo

geesh I hate when I sit here hoping someone else will answer posts I know the answer too but am too lazy to look up the link for my answer for reference sake. Sorry.

geesh I hate when I sit here hoping someone else will answer posts I know the answer too but am too lazy to look up the link for my answer for reference sake. Sorry.

You may have caught that from me;) lol

I agree that it probably shouldn't be dv -- although technically it is. I think the laws were broadened to include "intimate partners" mainly b/c the incidence of intimate partners that are not legally married, for whatever reason, has increased dramatically and those relationships would not otherwise have been covered under existing dv law. But that's jmo, obviously, and not the entire explanation, I'm sure.

I really don't think the dv laws were intended to cover situations like this. Close, but not in this specific situation.

Im not sure if I'm quite understanding what you're saying, but stalking from a mate, ex, etc. is considered domestic violence as it leaves one in fear for their safety. My daughter lived with her ex stalking her for over 4 years after their breakup. The police, DA and courts called the stalking domestic violence.

:fence:

I have not heard anyone speculate this (because maybe they have seen the bottom portion of that "last" photo) but could JA already have inflicted the fatal stab to the heart in that photo? Hence his strange expression? Could he have slid to the bottom of the shower as a result of the stab? She could be standing outside the door with the camera expecting him to die like right now. Instead he gets up and hurles himself out of the shower to try to get away. She becomes furious and hacks/stabs him to finish the deed. Maybe not a realistic scenario because there might would have blood evident in the photo.

DC A friend of Travis that he had Sunday dinners with, was on JVM or NG this weekend stating Travis told him if one Sunday he didn't show up it was because he would be dead. Words to that effect.

Added..someone posted a link to the video the other day but I am too lazy to search for it, I am sorry. :)

I doubt he was cowering, afraid in the shower. He was much larger and stronger than JA. If he saw her with a knife he could disarm her. Sure she might get a couple slashes in on him, but he could overpower her by size/strenth and adrenaline.
I believe it was a surprise attack, a sucker puch (stab) that he didn't see coming.
After the first stab to the chest he was in full on defensive mode and greatly weakened which made her attack easier...

I wouldn't read too much into that photo, it was a millisecond in time. He could've been squinting looking out the foggy door etc etc...

Morning!

I do think he saw her with the knife and imo it was a large knife (2 inches wide and at least 6" long much like a K-bar imo) Both men and women would like to believe if we were being attacked by a knife by anyone we would immediately react but sadly she could have snapped the photo with one hand..dropped the camera quickly and pulled the knife out from behind her back and stabbed him in the chest. All of this wouldnt take but a few seconds leaving him no time to react. And she had him hemmed in with no where to go but toward her holding the knife.

I have read it takes seconds for the brain to even comprehend what is happening in a traumatic event in order to be able to react. Fight or flight responses take time to kick in. He did not have those seconds to spare imo. He would at first be stunned...confused ..and trying to take in what was happening to him. I do think the last alive photo is him knowing he is in the worst situation of his life.

He couldnt have been in full defensive mode after the chest stab imo. If that was really the case she would not have been able to stab him in the back and the Prosecutor thinks he was standing with his back to her coughing up blood at the sink from the chest wound when the back stabs happened.

I thought he may have crouched down trying to protect his vital areas and torso area.

Many men have lost the battle when a crazy woman was knifing them to death or bludgeoning them and they were much larger than the female murderess.

The only time he was able to defend himself would be if he swung around trying to protect himself when she was stabbing him in the back, imo.

IMO

Im not sure if I'm quite understanding what you're saying, but stalking from a mate, ex, etc. is considered domestic violence as it leaves one in fear for their safety. My daughter lived with her ex stalking her for over 4 years after their breakup. The police, DA and courts called the stalking domestic violence.

In NJ it would not be considered domestic violence as the two never lived together.

:fence:

I have not heard anyone speculate this (because maybe they have seen the bottom portion of that "last" photo) but could JA already have inflicted the fatal stab to the heart in that photo? Hence his strange expression? Could he have slid to the bottom of the shower as a result of the stab? She could be standing outside the door with the camera expecting him to die like right now. Instead he gets up and hurles himself out of the shower to try to get away. She becomes furious and hacks/stabs him to finish the deed. Maybe not a realistic scenario because there might would have blood evident in the photo.
I thought the same.

I know it's considered dv under the law -- at least now and for quite some time it has been. I was speaking more toward the purpose of the broadening of the dv umbrella and whether this case falls under that broad umbrella when maybe it shouldn't. All crimes of stalking, threats and violence leave the victim in fear for their safety. The dv designation is applied so that the type of situations that arise between spouses and other intimate partners can be handled in a certain way by LE and the courts. At least that's a big part of the reason, imo.

Morning!

I do think he saw her with the knife and imo it was a large knife (2 inches wide and at least 6" long much like a K-bar imo) Both men and women would like to believe if we were being attacked by a knife by anyone we would immediately react but sadly she could have snapped the photo with one hand..dropped the camera quickly and pulled the knife out from behind her back and stabbed him in the chest. All of this wouldnt take but a few seconds leaving him no time to react. And she had him hemmed in with no where to go but toward her holding the knife.

I have read it takes seconds for the brain to even comprehend what is happening in a traumatic event in order to be able to react. Fight or flight responses. He did not have those seconds to spare imo. He would at first be stunned...confused ..and trying to take in what was happening to him. I do think the last alive photo is him knowing he is in the worst situation of his life.

He couldnt have been in full defensive mode after the chest stab imo. If that was really the case she would not have been able to stab him in the back and the Prosecutor thinks he was standing with his back to her coughing up blood from the chest wound when the back stabs happened.

I thought he may have crouched down trying to protect his vital areas.

Many men have lost the battle when a crazy woman was knifing them to death or bludgeoning them and they were much larger than the female murderess.

The only time he was able to defend himself would be if he swung around trying to protect himself when she was stabbing him in the back, imo.

IMO

Morning!

I pretty much agree with this scenario.

I think her movement while pulling the knife maybe from behind her caused the strange look on his face. When she reached out to stab him the hand holding the camera did not drop it but lowered to around her waist as her body did a twisting type movement while stabbing him and snapped the ceiling picture before dropping.

Does this have to be domestic violence?

Can't it just be that he had a relationship with an attractive sexy woman who he had no idea was a psycho and probably did not know was a psycho until the end?

We have probably all had relationships with people that we decided were no longer right for us for whatever reason. Most people move on.

How many of us assume that even the creepiest person they know is a killer?

I figure he was a person. Not a saint. Conflicted because HIS religion does not allow for friends with benefits or premarital sex. Why belong to a religion if you are not going to follow what it says?

So he has this dilemma .

Just like movie stars do not choose their stalkers nor do they have a relationship nor is it domestic violence.

He had an obsessed "fan" that there was no way he really could predict how psycho she could be.

It is complicated because he did want things about her as well, but in the end, he was ready to move on.

She was enraged because her plans were foiled. How dare he! He owed her!!!

Yes, it does have to be classified as domestic violence because that is what it is.

It has all the earmarks of domestic violence victims. The gender is irrelevant.

For example:

If a man who was in a relationship with someone and they broke up and they began to stalk......hack their personal email accounts...showing up at her home uninvited in the middle of the night......crawling through doggie doors to enter her home...watching her sleep in a bean chair with another boyfriend...threatening new boyfriend..slashing tires...and then he wound up slashing and shooting her it would be a perfect example of a domestic violence case....even including fear held by the victim that one day the DV abuser was going to kiil them.

If she had been a fan who didnt even know Travis that is another matter altogether but she did. i....e..........this is a domestic violence homicide of the worst kind.

IMO

Hi! I am new here, but have been following this trial for awhile and reading the posts. Thanks for all of the info you have been posting! There is something that is really bothering me that I have noticed while watching the trial......the lack of any kind of emotion or reaction to anything that has been said/shown by JA's mother (or the aunt). They sit there stone faced no matter what it going on, whether it be pics of TA's wounds, whether the defense is talking about how her daughter had to kill to defend herself (which I know is not true), there is nothing that seems to effect this woman. There is something wrong with her, also, IMO. Anyone else notice this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966