IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is everyone's take on mediums and psychic's? My personal opinion is, I have never believed in them and I still do not. However, after reading 'Dead Air', it has made me question my belief, but I am still not sold on the idea of psychics playing on the emotional strings of the families of the missing.

I do not believe in them, BUT I would not always discount them as I would nto be surprised if some people passed on information they had, but claimed it was some sort of vision rather than admitted they knew something.

was it normal for Jodi to be so late to work. it always struck me as odd that she would be so late on that day. If it had been a stalker waiting for her, they might have thought she was not going to work that day and decided to try another day. i always wondered if she had left at the normal time, and the abductor had taken her back to her flat. Maybe she was normally late, and quite cool about it, but if my boss called me and woke me up to tell me I was nearly two hours late I would be flustered, but she sounded quite calm. Also if I was already so late, I would have a quick five minute shower, grab my stuff and go, but it sounds like Jodi took another three quarters of an hour before she left.

My theories are the following two scenarios
1) It was some one she knew. They had stayed over had a late night, and that is why she was later. When her boss wrong, and she had to leave I think an arguement started (maybe because she was going to wor, not taking a sickie who knows). She eventually marche dout with her stuff, and her friend followed her, and in a "don't you wal away from me" grabbed her as she unlocked her car (or perhaps before and she was trying to unlock her car in a panic), and she fell and was knocked unconcious.

or
2) It was a stranger. She went to her car at normal time, and was garbbed by a stalker who maybe dragged her back to her flat. If they were an obsessed stalker they might have wanted to see her home. She stayed there rather than keep struggling trying to talk the person round, trying to calm them, and when her boss called she just made an excuse rather than enraging the stalker by calling for help. Perhaps the staler then said he would let her go, and lied to her, and bundled her into a van outside, which is when a scream was heard.

I am probably wrong, so who knows. I do think the fact she was so late was significant. I also think the fact she was only heard to scream once (is that correct), is significant. It says to me she was either rendered unconcious quickly, or someone managed to calm her down, or she was bundled into a vehicle quickly (but as there were drag marks I do not believe she was concious when put into the vehicle)

Knowing the Midwest, and knowing small town-Midwest, and having been to Mason City... It wasn't a stranger. I can say that with 90% confidence. It was someone she knew.

Sorry if this is old news. I have read a fair bit about the Huisentruit case over the years and I have never seen this info before.

I was reading about another case in another forum here. One of the cases in the Unidentified Forum mentions the case of Renee Marie Williams of Missouri. Williams' remains have never been found, but she is presumed dead and her death was attributed to a man named Christopher E. Revak, age 36. Revak killed himself shortly after the arrest while in police custody. He is suspected to be a serial killer with ties to Wisconsin, Iowa, and Missouri. Anyway, police suspect him in other deaths, but have not said which cases.

I googled his name and found the following. [Mods, please let me know if I am not supposed to post links.]

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2009_08_01_archive.html

On that page, it is mentioned that Revak's first wife lived in Mason City at some point.
Then it mentions a connection to this case.

Paraphrasing, on the night before her disappearance, Jodi Huisentruit went to 510 6th St. #2 in Mason City -- home of a friend John VanSice -- and watched a videotape. Apparently, at some point, Jennifer Beamish-Revak (Revak's first wife) lived in the other unit in this duplex. it is NOT confirmed whether she lived there in June 1995. however, if she did, is it possible that Huisentruit met Revak that night (outside or whatever)? He would have been about 23 years old in 1995. He was a good looking guy.

I wonder whether police have investigated this possibility.

edit to remove some copied material

Thank you for posting that! If true, it would certainly make sense of her possibly being taken back to her room or she may have even met the perp in the apartment or her room. I have always wondered if she was taken from the parking lot and forced in a car or if something more happened at that apartment complex...

I also wonder if she had a man stay overnight and that is why she was running late. Then they had an argument and he either did something in the apartment and staged the scene at the car or followed her downstairs and really did do something beside the car. But my intuition is saying that this person was with her at the apartment.

CoffeeLover,
I agree, I think maybe everyone has been looking at this all wrong because lots of people feel she was taken by a stranger in the parking lot. But what if things actually took place in her apartment?

I'm looking forward to finally seeing Jodi's case profiled on ID's Disappeared on the 28th!

January 28, 2013: "Breaking News" (9:00 pm ET)

Mid-western TV news anchor Jodi Huisentruit fails to show up to work one morning and police are called to a disturbing scene at her apartment complex. An investigation into her disappearance uncovers troubling details that has a small community on guard.

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv-shows/disappeared/tv-schedule.htm

Of this month?! I need to mark my calendar! DO you have the website link w/ further info?

Of this month?! I need to mark my calendar! DO you have the website link w/ further info?

Yep, the 28th of this month! :) Unfortunately, the only website link I've seen so far is the one that MaryLiz and I posted earlier:

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv-shows/disappeared/tv-schedule.htm

I will post if I come across anything else!

neverletgo, I was in such a hurry when I posted that link, I didn't even notice you had already posted it when I thanked you for your post! Sorry about that.

Oh, no big deal IMO! It bumped up Jodi's thread again which is a good thing, IMHO. :great:

I just saw this link also and I really want to watch this. I wonder if the Mason City PD has any new info.on Jodi's case. Someone will have to do a mini-synopsis of the show since I got rid of cable a few months ago.

I just saw this link also and I really want to watch this. I wonder if the Mason City PD has any new info.on Jodi's case. Someone will have to do a mini-synopsis of the show since I got rid of cable a few months ago.

Hi, Ozzie! I have been wondering if their PD has any new info, too . . . one can hope! :please:

People on YouTube are usually pretty quick about posting the episodes, so if I come across the link, I'll post it here. :)

I think you'll be able to find it eventually on YouTube, where they usually post quite a bit of the episodes after awhile so worth checking for it.

Hi, Ozzie! I have been wondering if their PD has any new info, too . . . one can hope! :please:

People on YouTube are usually pretty quick about posting the episodes, so if I come across the link, I'll post it here. :)

Thank You Neverletgo and Leomoon80, I will have to keep an eye out on youtube.

So I'm watching "Disappeared". I'm fairly familiar with the case so I'm just watching it as a refresher and to see if there's any new info presented.

One of the LE officers was quoted as saying they 'didn't have enough evidence for a search warrant' (to search John Vansice's residence).

Ahem. Excuse me... couldn't they simply ASK? If he refused then my alarm bells would be going off left and right.

So I'm watching "Disappeared". I'm fairly familiar with the case so I'm just watching it as a refresher and to see if there's any new info presented.

One of the LE officers was quoted as saying they 'didn't have enough evidence for a search warrant' (to search John Vansice's residence).

Ahem. Excuse me... couldn't they simply ASK? If he refused then my alarm bells would be going off left and right.

I don't know about that exactly but when I watched it I formed the strong impression that he's got some 'splaining' to do. His timeline doesn't match the facts. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense that if she had to get up at 3 AM in the morning that she would spend a couple of hours watching a movie until 10 PM or later. But we know that she couldn't have started watching the movie until perhaps 8:30 PM. If the police still have him as a person of interest it is because, in my view, he is the only real suspect in the case. Just my $0.02.

I just do not know what to make of this case. The guy who said he spent time with her the night before, the felon who may have been in the area, the journal leaked by a police chief's wife, the tip about three police officers being the perps.

Did that first guy ever explain how Jodi was with him, when she made a call from home at the same time?

The death of her friend shortly before she vanished is odd too.

Then an LEO who was pressing the case was terminated. One of the two who had pushed the LE involvment have both died, one by a supposed overdoes, the other from stab
wounds, ???

Nothing new or solid. The first guy, John, is considered a POI. But if his apartment was never searched, how will they ever prove it either way?

Very strange and sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member