Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #34 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats this with the brown hair end of march 2008 - or april 2008 - thought it was on the way there to travis's? am i mistaken?

February 13, 2013

Morning Testimony

Jodi Arias Day 6 of direct examination

--Talking about the time period in which she was getting ready to move back to Yreka and was talking about the BMW that was ruined on the UHaul.
--Moved out of Mesa, had stayed at Travis' the night before. The car was on the tow dolly. They hung out, she stayed the night and slept in.
--She was arguing with Travis, didn't want to leave things that way, but she knew he would call her or she would call him because that was the cycle.
--She got in the UHaul truck and pulled up to the house one more time. Travis came up to the truck and spoke to her. She was still upset and crying. Travis went into the house and when he was on the porch he flipped her the double bird.
--the fight was serious, didn't turn violent that time.
Exhibit 439--Nurmi gets Jodi to read to herself. It is an email she sent to Travis before moving. Doesn't remember the date but it was in February 2008. The purpose of the email was that she wanted to move but she wasn't sure how to tell him since he would get upset when she had exertions of independance. She wanted to remind him that they would move on and see other people, marry other people.
--She drives away.
--Next contact, doesn't remember but she did have contact when she was in Hollister, CA with her older sister. She had wanted to stop in CA to see Gus.
--Can't remember how long it took her to get there, slept in her UHaul sometimes.
--When Travis flipped her off her feelings were hurt. Travis always said that they should never go to sleep angry.
--There was going to be a long period of time where she wouldn't see Travis but they would see each other at PPL events and talk on the phone.
--Had sex the day of the fight.
--Doesn't recall the specifics, Martinez objects.. speculation. Nurmi asks what the theme of the fight was about. Judge tells Nurmi to rephrase.
--There were running themes of their arguements. Travis had come clean and told Jodi about Lisa Andrews. She wasn't angry but she was shocked. Jodi apologizes and Nurmi tells her not to apologize to Martinez. Judge intervenes.
--Numerous objections by Martinez during this testimony. Jodi says she was not angry when she found out he was dating Lisa. Jodi knew he was interested in Mimi. Jodi says that now she was one of the girls he was seeing on the side and she knows how she felt when she was dating Travis and he was seeing other girls.
--This was at the same time she was having sex. Why was it okay with you to have sex with him when you knew he was seeing other people? Jodi says that old habits die hard. Jodi says it was unhealthy but she wasn't making healthy choices at that time so she continued to sleep with him.
--Jodi says that her impression was that Travis was not having sex with Mimi.
--After the fight when she was pulling away, she doesen't remember if it was that night or the next before they spoke.
--Says that she wasn't angry, just sad. He was angry.
--Why pick up the phone when he calls? Objection by Martinez because Jodi wasn't sure who called who.
--Says that Travis sent her a very mean text message and because he had a lot of his facts missed up she called to set it straight.
--T was mad about the person who informed her about Lisa.
--Says that T got into J's GMail account and he saw messages from Steve Carroll that she had been talking online through LDSmeetup???.com
--Asking how Travis got into her email account. Says she had given T her Facebook and Email passwords in the fall.
--Says they exchanged passwords to establish trust.
--Now talking about October 2007 she got the feeling that Travis was being unfaithful. Roommate told her that Travis was dating other people. Roommate told her that Travis goes on dates with other people and has been sleeping with other people.
--Jodi got the information from the roommate and based on that she assumed that Travis was still carrying on the same behavior unless he had changed his ways.
--They exchanged passwords even though it was Travis that was dating other people.
--Back to the day she left Mesa. Travis is mad that she has been conversing with Steve Carroll. Travis had his facts wrong. Nurmi asks her why she would care if Travis had his facts wrong. Says that she still cared about him. When things would get to that level she would start shaking and feel unsettled.
--Nurmi asks if this shaking happened before or after the beatings began. Martinez objects to the term "beatings".
--Nurmi is going over all the times Jodi says that Travis assaulted her. Pushed her down, choked her, etc.
--She got to a point in the relationship where she would shake when he was angry.
--She observed herself having this reaction even when she was miles away in Hollister, CA. It's when her nerves are frayed.
--Travis was threatening to...objection-hearsay....T wanted to know the information about who told her the information about Lisa. Told her that he was going to tell all her friends and family about all the psycho things she had done. She called Travis and threatened him back. Call happened in the night.
--Felt like T was still trying to exert control. Told him that the only thing she would tell him is that he was a pedophile with a past. Thinks she said something to that effect and Travis got quiet. Her tone turned softer because she snapped at him. Travis went back to the person who told Jodi about Lisa. Her and T talked it out and she is not sure how the call ended but she remembers apologizing because that is what she usually did.
--Now being asked about meeting up with Gus. She met with him and then went on to Yreka and moved into her grandparents home.
--Yreka is about 1000 miles from Travis' house.
--A few more dayd and a few more hundred miles....started feeling like the cloud was lifting off of her. She was very depressed and suicidal but did not feel like that since she moved to Yreka. Spent time with her grandparents.
--Photography business took off. Was booked a lot of wedding.
--Was still depressed but felt better than when in Mesa. Things were up and down with Travis. Sometimes she would do something to piss him off and he would send mean messages.
--Wanted to be happy for each other as they would have to see each other at events. This was her motivation for continuing the relationship. She stil had feelings for him but was not making good choices for herself. They continued the same thing but from far away.
--re: audio of phone sex from May 10, 2008. Nurmi asks if they continued to have more calls like that after she moved. There were three other times after moving to Yreka.
--Why talk about subjects that we heard on the phone call? Why not leave it at PPL and mutual friends? Jodi says she liked it. It was more about T being nice to her, complimentary towards her, there were times he was very mean but he was very nice. She tried to prolong the nice so it would last longer. Tried to make the phone sex calls last longer so it wasn't just wham bam then hang up. Used to have pleasant long conversations and now it seemed like he woudl be very nice but he wanted it to lead to that.
--T wanted her to get on the phone and start talking so she knew what the phone call would be about, he was being nice online and she hoped he would be nice to her on the phone.
--The call from May 10, 2008 was one of the three calls from Yreka. Says she had never done that before and she was kinda listening and saying some things.
--She was in Big Sur and she guesses it was phone sex because she got the idea he was masturbating.
--Two calls prior to the one we heard and one after...as per Jodi.
--Jodi did not have a job when she moved back. Was putting in applications. Not many places to work.
--Dating was not on her mind, was not consciously seeking it.
--If she were dating she doesn't know if she would have felt like she was betraying Travis, she feels like she would be betraying the other person. She would have to cut it off before moving on with somebody else.
--Chatting with a man on LDSlinkup.com
--Also chatted with a few other people.
--talked with Sam Shultz on LDSlinkup.com
--Says she did not have a relationship with Ryan Burns but got a text from Zion, he asked her where she was, told her she needed to come out to Utah as there was people he wanted her to meet. Zion said he had met her husband. Gave her clues about Ryan. She figured out it was Ryan and Zion asked if he could give Ryan her number. Ryan called her the next day.
--Thinks it was April 2008.
--Says that she dyed her hair before moving out of Mesa and she was now a brunette. Probably in late March. Showed up at a convention with dark hair and blonde highlights.

LUNCH RECESS

SEALMU_zpsb1675ef1.jpg

Well we're getting closer to the murder. I expect Jodi's pretty stoked to get to that testimony. Sadistic b£&$* I believe her to be. :angel:

Yes, I think that's why she's so smiley today...

Nevermind TA was born July 28, 1977. So the ribbons can't be in memory of his birthday.

It seems clear that Nurmi's plan is to draw this out so there is no 'fateful day' testimony until next week.

This is all so banal and irrelevant and *boring*.

I can't believe the DT doesn't realize that this is likely making everyone (including the jury) dislike JA all the more.

INAL, but this seems like a huge mistake that is getting worse every moment it continues on like this...

Do you think she'll get to the murder today? Or will they want to drag it on till tomorrow so they can leave for the weekend with her version in mind?

Exertions of independence??? Did she really say THAT??

Yes, "he was reactive when I made exertions of independence."

You don't talk like that? :waitasec:

Very very late last night, I located HLN on hotel tv and saw a little of Nancy Grace. Parts of the phone sex recording were played. I couldn't understand anything that was said, but I can tell you without a doubt that the male voice sounded like that of Darryl Brewer. When I heard the voice, what little I heard, I recognized almost immediately from hearing him on the stand. Anyone else hear the same? Thanks. BTW so glad to be home!

Gosh they just get going good and take a break!

I love this site..All you guys are just awesome..I have a question there were some posts I read earlier that she might have had a gun on him prior to his murder, but I cant visualize that because he was stabbed in the heart, any thoughts on how she might have stabbed him while he's in the shower with the shower door closed? Oh and we might probably be hearing TA has sex with Chihuahuas...

BBM
Yes...pretty sure beastiality (sp) is coming up soon!

"Don't edify me as a blonde."

Something about the feed from ABC, via my phone, makes the audio fade in and out in a way that makes Nurmi sound like he's suppressing a periodic belch. I am enjoying it.

Am I nuts, or is her testimony making it REALLY CLEAR that SHE was the stalker/the one who could not let go? I am sure he DID lose his temper sometimes but criminy, who wouldn't? GO AWAY!

Do you think she'll get to the murder today? Or will they want to drag it on till tomorrow so they can leave for the weekend with her version in mind?

Probably won't hear about the murder till next week. That will give her attorneys a few days to do some final coaching!

TA's Obit.

TRAVIS VICTOR ALEXANDER July 28, 1977 ~ June 4, 2008 Travis was born on July 28th, 1977 in Riverside, CA and passed away on June 4th, 2008 in Mesa, Arizona. Travis lived each day as if it were his last, with many accomplishments, dreams, travels, and successes. He was an amazing individual who sought out to save the world with his positive influence, his motivational speaking and his writing. He was well on his way to making all his dreams a reality. Travis has touched so many lives and will continue in our hearts forever and always. We can never express the unbearable pain from this tragedy. We love him so much, and cherished every precious moment with him. We will miss his smile, the way he made us laugh and everything about him! Travis is survived by brothers and sisters, Gary Alexander, Greg Alexander, Tanisha Alexander, Samantha Alexander, Hillary Wixcox, Steven Alexander, and Allie Tilghman; grandmother, Norma Sarvey; dog, Napolean and aunts, uncles, cousins and many friends. Please honor Travis's life with us. Funeral services will be held at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints, located at 8860 44th St. in Riverside, CA. 92509. Family services start at 9:00 a.m. with the Funeral service starting at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, June 21st. Burial to follow at Olivewood Memorial Park. Under the direction of: RUBIDOUX MORTUARY (951) 683-2215

Well we're getting closer to the murder. I expect Jodi's pretty stoked to get to that testimony. Sadistic b£&$* I believe her to be. :angel:

I'll believe it when I hear it! I don't think it will be today. We have to get through Ryan, god knows what other trivia, and then the road trip.

Then no testimony until next Tuesday, right? President's Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalKnowledge