Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #36 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
l<respectfully snipped>

So she just randomly said that? I missed it too. Sometimes later in the day, I have to turn it down because my boys are home, so I miss little things here and there. Wouldn't that have been a good time for Juan to object? I am shocked at some of things that he is just letting her say and not objecting too.

here is a link to when j.a. decides to grossly reinterpret Travis' comment..

starts at 0:45:00 if the jump link doesn't work...
http://youtu.be/eTXRwN6WxOs?t=45m

JA's friend Bryan Carr cannot explain how JA killed Travis in self-defense yet he believes her and visits her regularly.

I have watched Mr. Carr’s comments with some interest. This relationship between JA and him resembles the dynamics typically seen on “Prison Wives”. Here the outsider – normally a female committing to the male prison inmate – lives a celibate and solitary life and seems totally satisfied if not thrilled by regular jail visits. There are to be sure male outsiders befriending female inmates. I view these relationships rather cynically, however. I believe the outsider is in love with an “illusion” – a person who for the most part will never be incarnate. The more contemporary internet phenomenon of “catfishing” operates with similar psychological dynamics.

What is in it for the female? Well she has a “captive” audience who will never stray. There is virtually no risk of disagreement or relationship disintegration. The outsider for the most part will never have to deal with “conflict” since the inmate who has NO options will gladly take any loyal fan. These outsider –inmate relationships are risk free – “no muss; no fuss”.

Mr. Carr strikes me as some starry eyed suitor who would believe anything JA told him and is quite content to be her trusted defender. I doubt if Mr. Carr has much capacity to “discern” or “see” people for what they are. But it is also true that JA is a consummate chameleon who can be anything the male wants her to be – so in that regard the JA- Carr connection is a perfect symbiosis.

By the way, some of the "big words" are a PPL thing. Once in the business or "family" they do retreats a lot. They gather and have something like empowerment weekends, or enrich your life, take control of your life.. raise your vocabulary raise your income.

Conference calls that last up to 2 hours can be every other night, this is almost a way to keep you imprisoned. You are called the next day if you do not attend the call, and you are greeted on the phone by your sponsors so to speak. And by god, you better have been in the hospital for bypass surgery or something.

This can drive some in the PPL to live a bit beyond their means thinking they to will have 6 figures soon, only to end up bankrupt and foreclosed on.

They travel a lot, they gather at some of the higher ups "whoever has a big fancier home" for parties to kind up pump each other up. They are tightly connected and intimately involved in each others lives, families who gets married etc. I don't know too many that just go on any normal family vacation, they usually travel to a PPL event. (there is even a large group of PPL here and now they are all vegans) better your body, your life, your future..your future wealth is just a step away.. blah blah...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002608090#post1

I cannot say that I am friends with one man that I dated. I have communication with two of them. One asks me for computer help (he is a developer) just technical things now and then, very dry...the other just a "hello" once every 3 yrs.

I don't wish any of them anything but a nice bright happy future.. But when I move on I move on.

well I am not exactly "friends" with any ex boyfriends but I am "in touch" with 2 ex boyfriends. but it didn't happen until years after we parted ways. by "in touch" i mean we might talk on the phone and say hello twice a year is about all. i don't think you can 'be friends' or even be in touch right away after a break-up. time has to pass.

I think this is where Jodi adopted some of her language/words...probably does not know what they mean though.

I have watched Mr. Carr’s comments with some interest. This relationship between JA and him resembles the dynamics typically seen on “Prison Wives”. Here the outsider – normally a female committing to the male prison inmate – lives a celibate and solitary life and seems totally satisfied if not thrilled by regular jail visits. There are to be sure male outsiders befriending female inmates. I view these relationships rather cynically, however. I believe the outsider is in love with an “illusion” – a person who for the most part will never be incarnate. The more contemporary internet phenomenon of “catfishing” operates with similar psychological dynamics.
What is in it for the female? Well she has a “captive” audience who will never stray. There is virtually no risk of disagreement or relationship disintegration. The outsider for the most part will never have to deal with “conflict” since the inmate who has NO options will gladly take any loyal fan. These outsider –inmate relationships are risk free – “no muss; no fuss”.

Mr. Carr strikes me as some starry eyed suitor who would believe anything JA told him and is quite content to be her trusted defender. I doubt if Mr. Carr has much capacity to “discern” or “see” people for what they are. But it is also true that JA is a consummate chameleon who can be anything the male wants her to be – so in that regard the JA- Carr connection is a perfect symbiosis.

OK. I feel like I'm in for another learning day!! Let me google Catfishing....

In fact, I do believe Travis missed a "conference" call and they went looking for him.

Because its that big of a deal to miss the call. They were not necessarily worried about his welfare, they were probably upset at first that he strayed from the path and interrupted his journey and they would have wanted to know where he was, why he missed the call.

well, he was dead (so he would get excused)

I agree with you Stephanie...I've learned a lot as well. Some things will never be the same..mostly brands of candy.

Another thing that has bothered me is when Nurmi and JA both said something to the effect that "hanging out" means "having sex". I have teenagers and will now have to ask many more questions when they say they are going to "hang out"...ugh.

Today on CNN I saw an ad for a virtual "Fireside Hangout" with Obama. Just don't think I'll be able to watch that one.

How funny, I kept trying to register to post on this thread just to find out I was already registered. :banghead:

I have always been a fan or true crime books but never been this hooked on a trial. I remember when Caylee Anthony first went missing but I had a newborn in June 2008 and eventually lost track of the entire case. However, I turned on Nancy Grace a couple weeks ago when Jodi first took the stand and have been super hooked ever since. I watch In Session all morning and then HLN after that and I think DH thinks I've lost it. He does like listening to the live trial but hates Nancy Grace with a passion so I have to record that. :)

Anyway, just thought I would say Hi and I have been reading and reading all the threads, who knows maybe I will have something to add someday. LOL

A quick question : In what room and location within the room was the bullet casing found?
I am presuming in the bathroom, thus the debate whether bullet came first or last, but was it on the floor, sink, near shower?

TIA

I agree with you Stephanie...I've learned a lot as well. Some things will never be the same..mostly brands of candy.

Another thing that has bothered me is when Nurmi and JA both said something to the effect that "hanging out" means "having sex". I have teenagers and will now have to ask many more questions when they say they are going to "hang out"...ugh.

Today on CNN I saw an ad for a virtual "Fireside Hangout" with Obama. Just don't think I'll be able to watch that one.

LOL i had no idea. Hanging out use to mean hanging out. And with me that includes ice cream or a burger and fries, or dogs on my lap getting brushed...

This is so true. I know someone that experienced something very close to this. Male falling for a female inmate. Beyond comprehension to me.

A quick question : In what room and location within the room was the bullet casing found?
I am presuming in the bathroom, thus the debate whether bullet came first or last, but was it on the floor, sink, near shower?

TIA

Was sitting on top of some almost dried blood in the bathroom I think

In fact, I do believe Travis missed a "conference" call and they went looking for him.

Because its that big of a deal to miss the call. They were not necessarily worried about his welfare, they were probably upset at first that he strayed from the path and interrupted his journey and they would have wanted to know where he was, why he missed the call.

well, he was dead (so he would get excused)

I was actually very surprised that missed conference call didn't lead to the discovery of his body.

Here is what I am thinking the more I ponder Jodi's accusations about Travis. The very worst thing she accused Travis of was pedophilia, (IMO), but either way she looks very bad in my eyes.

Let me make this clear, I do not for one moment think Travis was a pedophile.

But here's how I see this, either way Jodi looks very bad. If any juror believes this about Travis, Jodi looks like a very bad individual for not taking measures to have Travis stopped. Very, very bad. Sort of like a Dottie Sandusky or worse, a wife or girlfriend that cares so little for anyone else that she is willing to sacrifice a child (her child or someone else's) to get or keep her man.

This kind of a woman to me is almost worse than the pedophile himself- he has a compulsion he cannot control and is very sick- the woman however does not, and that is the sickest of the sick in my mind.

In this scenario, if a juror believes Travis was one, they know for a fact now that Jodi knew it and DID NOTHING ABOUT IT TO PROTECT ANYONE.

WOW!

If she is lying about Travis being a pedophile than the jury knows that this horrific thing she has falsely accused Travis of, TO THE WORLD, isn't even the worst thing she has done to him. She brutally slaughtered him AND falsely accused him of this heinous thing. Why? To save her self. This is a bad thing for a juror to believe. Bad, very bad.

Either way you look at it, in my eyes she looks VERY BAD- either way!

You go girl... keep talking.

I hope the majority of questions from the jury to her are questions about this very fact- why didn't she do something to ensure children were protected from this man. Who by the way, being Mormon Travis would have the opportunity to be around quite a few children, and held a position of authority in his church membership- not a good combination for a child predator!

She is SOL, either way on this one.

Its like they have a list of characteristics of an abused woman and they are systematically accusing travis of everyone of them. I think they just threw the pedo in there for good measure.

I haz confuse! I'm still pretty young, even I can concede that the Kim Kardashian Being a celebrity for being a urinal cake (please don't ban me!) confuses me. Sex is not a mystery but with the girls I work with FBing pics that go beyond the pale. Not exactly girl power. I say all of this to point out, so what if Travis used Jodi (even though she could have picked a different career--*advertiser censored* star, and Travis was a complete user of Jodi and was a sexual hypocrit) so what? She went all Fatal Attraction on him. He is dead and she is still spouting her special brand of crud

I was actually very surprised that missed conference call didn't lead to the discovery of his body.

refresh me again, he missed the call and they came to the door, or who came looking.. where were the roommates when he was dead in the house, and how long before anyone came home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29