Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the break sure was nice.
Back to listening to JA, I'm kinda dreeding it but must be done so that we may get onto Juan, I'm so looking forward to that

I think she snuck inside the home and ambushed TA

I think she staged the "sex before murder" with the photos of both of them naked

I doubt there was any sex

I think she had a gun to his head

I wonder if Arias knew about Mimi's trip with Travis before she got to his home or did TA tell her when she got there?

responding to the comment "I doubt there was any sex"
according to the pictures that were taken that day, they did have sex, the dialation of her rear is proof. UNLESS...... she was THAT streched out, which I doubt, because she wouldnt be able to hold in any of her bowel movements if that were the case.

Sorry for the gross topic, but yes, they did have sex... the KY on the bed, him AWAKE and just laying there, the photos, the redness around his "junk".

A lot dont believe he/they took the pictures, I believe he did. I believe he may have wanted her gone, but with the sex they had, he couldnt resist (IMO).

I'll be at court all afternoon today.

If there's anything specific anyone wants me to check out, please post. I have about an hour before heading in to work.

:seeya:

IS played the beginning of JA's testiphony a bit back and then some more from Wed. I'd noticed this characteristic before, but it came out clear as day as I re-listened.

When she admitted she killed Travis, she then followed with something about self-defense. When she added that bit, her volume went way down and she sped up her rate of speech. She also did that when she threw in some of the side-comments, such as the one where she mentioned sodomizing a 12-year-old. I'm sure there are more, and it gives me something new to focus on!

Those are some serious lies, there.

ETA: Watch for her pace to slow down a lot when Juan starts cross. Watch for more umm... and ahhh... and other signs of hesitation.

Yep! She probably owed him even more money. I hope he didn't give her cash.

One detail here. PPL doesn't "employ" people. People pay them fees to be independent representatives. They sell the insurance and recruit people under them.

There would be no company credit cards. There would be no paycheck in the traditional scheme of things. They get a portion of the insurance they sell and money from the sales of the people they recruit.

A good independent representative would keep separate business accounts for tax purposes. They are responsible for paying their own taxes, FICA, etc. as with any other independent business owner.

I'm sure that, if Travis had financial difficulties, it was because he wasn't getting a regular salary and his income would fluctuate from month to month.

On the financial topic, it is also possible that Travis had champagne taste and a beer budget at times. IIRC, he had to borrow $6000 from a friend. I'm sure he was good about the payments and worked harder and harder to get more income. We do know that he wanted to be a motivational speaker. PPL couldn't be the only way to assure a steady income.

I don't believe Jodi ever lent Travis a penny. I also wonder if her constant demands on his time put him off his pace as well as causing him to have tremendous emotional conflict due to his religious beliefs. Not good for business.

See how Nurmi is getting things waaaaaaaay off track pouring over checks and what not.

Travis was brutally murdered....forget about the money IMO

well, i wouldn't like it if i was a juror. i like more linear trials with continuity. it's a DP case and to me, it should be a much tighter operation than this one's been. we've learned sequestered juries can be a problem----but i think this trial has gone way too far in the other direction. every day that jury is 'out there' is a day when there can be a problem causing a mistrial.

Jodi can't complain, she is the one who is talking and talking and talking. Sometimes the less you say the better. She also seems to be running the show. Nurmi does a lot of doubling back to make it sound as if there were more incidents than there were because she really did not spend that much time with him to claim abuse. He had friends, relatives and associates in and out of his home all the time. Jodi claims she parked in the driveway when she was there so they would have known if she were visiting. Jodi, however, if she wasn't there could not know who was with him at the time she claims she was visiting him. So it should get interesting. I think Juan catching her in one or two lies will be enough for the jury to hear. If he catches her in seven or eight, she'll know she done. Should be interesting.

jmo

good morning!

things to keep in mind as j.a. talks (and talks and talks and talks... ) :
- it probably happened in a movie she saw
- it probably didn't happen at all
- it probably happened the opposite way around

... any more?

I have been reading around about some other fairly recent murder trials, and I noticed that defendants tend to get harsher sentences when they have smeared the victim as part of their defense strategy.

I hope that is what happens in this case. I believe the defense's attempts to smear Travis will get Jodi harsher treatment when it comes to sentencing.

This is a slam dunk case compared to the Scott Peterson and KC ones. Way more gruesome as well. I don't think Peterson or KC actually enjoyed the murder itself, just the end result of freedom. Arias enjoyed every moment of the murder and for that reason any penalty less than death is just inexcusable.

In this case there is no need to decide whether the defendant committed the killing or not. That's already clear. So it should take them only a day to talk it all over and review the evidence. Let's get this done already!

I'll be at court all afternoon today.

If there's anything specific anyone wants me to check out, please post. I have about an hour before heading in to work.

:seeya:

I would love for you to check out the button that controls her leg zapper!!!! While checking it out, I think you should press that button, once... maybe even 2 times :D If you can get away with it.... go for a 3rd zap :)

Something goofy is going on with quotes. It quoted me on that, but that wasn't my post. :what:

I know. The threads do get goofy at times. Sort of the "Jodi effect". :floorlaugh:

I have been reading around about some other fairly recent murder trials, and I noticed that in defendants tend to get harsher sentences when they have smeared the victim as part of their defense strategy.

I hope that is what happens in this case. I believe the defense's attempts to smear Travis will get Jodi harsher treatment when it comes to sentencing.

I do too. And in closings there is a lot of leeway to sum things up. Juan Martinez can remind the jury how terrible it is that this murderer chose to kill Travis 3 ways in life and a 4th time on the stand ad to the point of nauseum.

But I don't buy it for a minute that Jodi leant Travis money. I think SHE was paying him back for something...and I also don't believe the car had problems when she bought it. Remember this is coming out of Jodi's mouth

I totally agree, I was just stating what the defense had said, I would believe a marshmellow more than her.

Also the car was in good condition I believe I have heard this, not sure where.

My question is (still reading) while reading the investigation report.......what kind of person would go into a house uninvited thru a doggie door??? :waitasec:

I've done it when I locked myself out once, and I felt completely foolish... in my own home! Even my dog was looking at me like "really?" :blushing:

If Nurmi starts this with more of "let's back up" today I think there could be a riot in the courtroom. Beginning with the jury themselves.

Just checking in to read the new posts. Recorded RuPaul's Drag Race last night to entertain me while I wait for the trial to start again.

Watching In Session this morning, I'm struck at how different JA is from the time she talked to reporters in jail until now. Her demeanor is just totally different from the jail interview to the courtroom.

The one consistent thing though is her sly smile peeking through. More out front in her media tour but still the "duping delight" peeking through throughout all her testimony. I'm watching it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018