100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 17th day on the stand #78

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of you think that in order for Matt to not be charged with forging the letters that were supposed to be written by TA that he gave up everything he knew about JA? That would be fabulous!!!!! :please::please::please::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

In short, YES!

Awesome find!!! Thank you!

Also again, This shows how many lies she will tell to back up lies. To save herself. She is at this point, still saying 2 men did this and she is saying they are sending her death threats.. Which we know is all a lie. So the fact is not only that she will lie, But that she will make up crazy things that will gain her sympathy.. IE, TA beat me, He was mean to me, He was a pedophile. If I heard this section of the tape on the jury, I would wipe out every bad thing she said about TA.

i hate that baby voice she does when the cameras are rolling. HATE it. what a liar. she gets this death threat and tears it up, when it could've helped prove her ninja story. she's just a demon!

i really hope JM can use this. it just reinforces for the jury what a slick liar she is. they just roll off her forked tongue. ugh. i need a shower!!!

You're missing the bigger picture.

The two gas cans borrowed from Daryl already shows that if...that's what a juror wants to believe.

This third can that she BOUGHT doesn't show premeditation any more or any less than the two previous BORROWED ones.

A juror may choose to believe she borrowed and bought the cans because she was afraid of running out of gas in the middle of the desert (like her first story suggested).

And another juror might believe she wanted the cans to save money (and buy petrol across state-lines where it was cheaper) as she said in yet ANOTHER story.

The gas cans prove nothing. It highly SUGGESTS something, but they don't prove anything.

What Juan is doing though is PROVING Jodi lies.

That's all that really needs to be accomplished because once that's been established then.....anything spewing out of her mouth becomes automatically questionable.

And that's exactly where Juan wants to take this jury. In the land of doubt.

What it does prove is that she USED THE GAS IN THE CANS! Thus the refilling. Why did she use the gas in the cans? To get through AZ with no tracks.

Can you even imagine the conversation between her and her lawyers after that session with Juan???

OH MY GOSH. Now they look stupid. And they should have checked it all out themselves. And did not.. And she lied to them too..

I would not want to represent this nut for anything.

WHAT else did you forget Jodi?

"I don't know"

I read where a poster thought that was her grandmother's card, "for emergencies." Getting to a gas station and finding you have to use a card at the pump was probably an "emergency" when you're trying to cover up a slaughter.

The grandmother could have bought a plane ticket. Plus things are often out of order on the statement, they appear when they were presented to the bank, not necessarily when the transaction happened.

One might also ask why she was spending money at Yreka Tire Store during the same time frame, that leads me to believe it wasn't her card

I think the receipt showed her name on it at the bottom and it was Jodi Arias. But maybe she is a card holder on her grandmother's account.

I didn't think about that - I thought the transactions dates had to be close because the airline ticket appeared right before the gas transactions right? I'm going to try to find a better picture and see.

It was charges on her "business account" for taxes. The flight was more than likely to TA memorial service as it appeared after the gas charges.

Just throwing Matt out there and in the context he has IMO is enough... He need not ever produce Matt.

In Juan's closing he can point out the defense never called him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly what I thnk is happening. We will not be seeing Matt on the stand and the jurors will definitely be wondering why. I love how Juan is emphazing Matt and his allegiance to Jodi, using her own words.

Do any of you think that in order for Matt to not be charged with forging the letters that were supposed to be written by TA that he gave up everything he knew about JA? That would be fabulous!!!!! :please::please::please::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

My mind is somewhat "scrambled" at the moment, (too much trial), but I remember a couple weeks ago someone, -TH I think-, had said that it was their understanding that, regarding the letters, if MM was going to testify with regard to knowledge of Travis' alleged pedofilia, Martinez would charge him with felony perjury and make sure he got jail time. Sorry,very vague recollection but I know I heard it.

How can you say this 3rd can is inconsequential? It is her insurance that she does not stop in AZ for gas. That is alibi building. It shows her plan from the start. Even before she has left on the trip. That she was planning this for awhile and planned each and every detail.

Not inconsequential at all if you ask me.

Because she already had the other two!!! Hell, for all we know she might've had 10 gas cans. But let's deal with the 3 we know about.

This extra can, which holds 5 gallons won't get her any LESS detected than 10 gallons.

5 gallons would only take her about 150 more miles.

Having these cans and using them so to go undetected is pure speculation ( it's what I believe though) But proving Jodi is a liar will be priceless and a nail in her coffin.

Proof verses speculation are two different animals (as Jodi puts it) in a death penalty case!!
Juan is proving she is a liar. There is no way to PROVE what the cans were used for so in theory, the third can is inconsequential and pure speculation.

I didn't think about that - I thought the transactions dates had to be close because the airline ticket appeared right before the gas transactions right? I'm going to try to find a better picture and see.

The Priceline "air" transaction was after the gas. Who knows how much after the gas it was - no dates visible. But, I think most have said she flew back to Mesa for his Memorial (not the funeral). His friend picked her up and drove her around that day...she even asked him to drive by the house. :what:

They might've brought up the magazine and they were rejected (for whatever reason).

I think the jury is passionately pissed at Jodi by now and are really getting a sense of who she is and her capabilities.

Sending a note out of prison coded in a magazine points to witness tampering and breaking the rules, but not necessarily guilt.

If I was in jail and innocent and my freind screwed up a deoposition, I can see myself trying somehow to get a message out. Witness tampering? For sure. Indication of guilt? Not at all.

I don't think the magazine is all the relevant to the murder. Sending a message like that is not indicative of guilt. We all know she's a liar.

And my SO keeps cracking up that she needed a "code" for someone to assemble five normal sentence fragments into the right order. Not exactly rocket surgery, eh?

In short, YES!

even if JM doesn't call him, he's been mentioned so many times as being the ONLY person to know about the pedophilia and the abuse that the jury will find it quite strange when the defense doesn't call him to vouch for her.

like there's someone out there who can back her up and we never see them? i think they'll draw the correct conclusions from that. doesn't mean i wouldn't love to see JM subpoena him.

They might've brought up the magazine and they were rejected (for whatever reason).

I think the jury is passionately pissed at Jodi by now and are really getting a sense of who she is and her capabilities.

you might be right. I remember nurmi objected to one of the questions citing attorney client privilege

Jodi, It's me, the fog talking. Please don't drag me into your crimes, really? Fog? You don't even know me. Don't make me come to Arizona, I like Maine just fine...

fog_main_01.jpg

One jury question was objected to by the defence on the grounds of client/attorney privilege, and was tossed. I immediately assumed it was a question about the magazine codes.

I think the receipt showed her name on it at the bottom and it was Jodi Arias. But maybe she is a card holder on her grandmother's account.

I seem to remember that the statement only had her name on it. It was sent to her grandmother's address where she lived at the time.

@WildAboutTrial: #JodiArias Trial Fact: Juan Martinez has been the State's Attorney from day one of this case back in 9/08

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

imo when jm leaves the prosecutor's office he would make a fine law professor.
no boring lectures from him. :moo:

This is exactly what I thnk is happening. We will not be seeing Matt on the stand and the jurors will definitely be wondering why. I love how Juan is emphazing Matt and his allegiance to Jodi, using her own words.

Juan also mentioned a couple of other people's names (I can't remember who) and asked her about them testifying on her behalf, she said she it was her understanding they would. He mentioned Matt separate from those people so I took it as an implication Matt would not be among those (few) people testifying for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azouheir