trial day 32: the defense continues its case in chief #93

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't think he had Jodi take the test at all but did it himself so he didn't have to bother going to the jail to see her. This nitwit is actually trying to convince us that this all-important test that she's supposed to take herself he specifically goes to the jail for her to take it and forgets to bring part of the test? The part that SHE fills out? And he expects us to believe that instead of postponing to another time when he had the appropriate materials for HER to take the test instead he writes her answers HIMSELF on plain paper instead of letting HER write her own answers to the questions then goes back to his office and using her supposed answers fills in the answer sheet that he supposedly forgot to bring to the jail when his going ot the jail was only for the purpose of HER taking this test? BALONEY.

He never went to the jail to have her take the test and just wrote out what answers he wanted for the test in his own hand to have as "evidence" and then filled in the answer sheet himself. This dude clearly is not accustomed to actually having to the do real work of evaluating a person.

When he finds out that her answers on this test were all a fabrication based on her lie story of the intruders that he claimed to have ALREADY suspected was a lie story it never enters his head until he's cross examined that he should have administered this test to her again for her supposedly truthful story that is the whole darn reason she's claiming self-defense in this trial and KNOWING that the test results based on a KNOWN fabrication was totally worthless???

Then he goes totally unprepared for testifying and doesn't bring with him relevant parts of his case file when he's getting PAID to do this???

What on earth was the defense thinking with using this idiot? They would have been FAR better off not having any expert than this charlatan. Never in my life have I ever seen an expert - even the ones that sell their souls doing this for a living - anywhere close to this disgraceful and thoroughly unbelievable.

Not only that but he said he only has done about 15 of these tests and everyone is supposed to believe his results.
Now compare that to the M.E. that has done over 6,000 autopsies and we are not supposed to believe his results.

You know that feeling you get, when you are 'embarrassed' for someone? When anyone - friend, stranger - does something to literally embarrass themselves, and it's so awful to watch - you almost want to look away, or dig in your purse, or look around feverishly - anything to relieve that YUCKY feeling of mortification (for them?)

Yeah, that was how I felt watching the cross, yesterday. Especially as he was flip-flip-flipping through his papers, trying to find the item, that of course, is 'on his desk'...that was how I felt when JM caught him up on the test answers - when he sputtered around, after being caught in a non-truth (IMO).

I felt awkward. I didn't want to watch, but I did want to, at the same time.

Ended up muting it and going back to watch it after my cheeks went back to normal - I'm Irish, I blush easily, and with this guy - I was blushing a LOT - he made a fool out of himself.

(Well-deserved, IMO, as he has no professional ethics whatsoever IMO, but, still awful to watch.)

EXACTLY! I kept walking out of the room... I felt uncomfortable and had to keep reminding myself that he was NOT a reluctant witness ...but that he had signed up and was being paid for what he knew was going to be a proper grilling.

I'm watching the Wilmott direct on TruTV. Several times, the Dr. said (basically) 'Poor widdle Jodi had all this stress because she had no one to talk to about what she had done' Well, boo-effing-hoo!

First of all, you should have never murdered Travis. AND 911 would have been more than happy to listen to Jodi. There were multitudes of people who would have listened to her.

WaaaWaaaWaaa

I wonder how many killers go and tell someone what they just did ? Jodi herself said she felt "safe" with Ryan Burnes. Seems Gus Searcy was always available to help her out. Detective Flores was surely nice to her and gave her unlimited opportunity to talk about it to the end of time.

Yeah boo - hoo - hoo. Perhaps the best course is not to do really bad things.

Hey all - I was gone all day yesterday at the doctors but recorded the trial and while watching it last night about to fall asleep something caught my eye - and my guess is you guys caught it too, but just in case I found it on youtube.

WTH is she sneaking in the yellow folder??????
Watch 27:37ish- it appears she puts something in or under the folder while looking dead on at the witness (so an ultimate deception)
sneekyjodi.jpg

Then at 27:42 it appears to me she takes the folder off the table and places it under herself!

IS SHE SNEAKING SOMETHING OUT OF THE COURTROOM? PAPERCLIPS or other contraband????? WTH is she doing????????
Thoughts? If already mentioned, please excuse the re-posting!

Earlier times of interest too:
21:35 possibly slipping something in the folder
22:16 moves yellow folder over

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 32 - Part 1 - YouTube

When Samuels said he didn't have some important document and it's probably on his desk, I was SO hoping there would be a quick edit to Judge Judy saying "Where did you think you were coming to today -- a TEA PARTY?"

(I bet about a dozen WSers wrote this yesterday - sorry, can't catch up with all the posts!)

Especially since he wheeled a freaking suitcase up to the stand with him. Yesterday was awesome. The whole time he was on direct, I was listening with cross in mind (occupational hazard). I knew just from that JM would drive a Mack truck through this fraud, but of course I didn't have access to the testing documents. OMG it was a great cross! I am guessing from this thread he didn't administer the gold standard MMPI because of the cost. What a loser!

Ended up muting it and going back to watch it after my cheeks went back to normal - I'm Irish, I blush easily, and with this guy - I was blushing a LOT - he made a fool out of himself.

(Well-deserved, IMO, as he has no professional ethics whatsoever IMO, but, still awful to watch.)

God bless you! Nice to see another Irish person on here! :great:

If someone really got body slammed on a tile floor they would be leaving the house in an ambulace not walking.
If you don't believe me get someone to body slam you on the sidewalk if you don't have a tile floor.Then you come on this site and tell me how fast you could move after.
According to Jodi it dosen't hurt much and you can still run fast and everything.Im sure RIPLEYS would like to see that one.

Every time I hear about her 'body slam' it infuriates me. I'll tell you what happened to me one time.

I took my car to have it serviced at a car repair shop. The mechanic offered to take me home because my car was going to be left there all day. His truck was parked outside in front of the shop. We went to leave, he got into his truck, I was walking in front of his truck, I slipped on some black ice (it was everywhere actually, it was very frigid that a.m.) in front of his right wheel. I fell like a ton of bricks on my arse, and I'm telling you it knocked the wind right out of me to the point where I was actually sort of frozen on the pavement (I could not move) for about at least 10 seconds and then only very slowly was I able to pull myself up. Not only that, the only reason I got up as fast as I did was because I didn't want him to run me over as he was already behind the wheel! And I don't think, at that moment, he knew where I was! If she was truly body slammed, she would not have been able to get up right away. FREAKIN' LIAR!

I guess avoiding arrest now means "creating an alternative reality."

You know that feeling you get, when you are 'embarrassed' for someone? When anyone - friend, stranger - does something to literally embarrass themselves, and it's so awful to watch - you almost want to look away, or dig in your purse, or look around feverishly - anything to relieve that YUCKY feeling of mortification (for them?)

Yeah, that was how I felt watching the cross, yesterday. Especially as he was flip-flip-flipping through his papers, trying to find the item, that of course, is 'on his desk'...that was how I felt when JM caught him up on the test answers - when he sputtered around, after being caught in a non-truth (IMO).

I felt awkward. I didn't want to watch, but I did want to, at the same time.

Exactly what I felt as I watched last night...poor guy (not) his life as he knew it will never be the same. I kept having to remind myself that he was under no obligation whatsoever to see JA as a client (patient)...he chose this. So yeah, he deserves whatever he gets and after yesterday I'm think he might be looking for a good therapist himself. :yes:

EXACTLY! I kept walking out of the room... I felt uncomfortable and had to keep reminding myself that he was NOT a reluctant witness ...but that he had signed up and was being paid for what he knew was going to be a proper grilling.

For those of you feeling for this guy, please recall his supreme arrogance on direct and at the beginning of cross. I never feel uncomfortable when arrogant idiots are exposed. Then again, I do this for a living. :rocker:

Hey all - I was gone all day yesterday at the doctors but recorded the trial and while watching it last night about to fall asleep something caught my eye - and my guess is you guys caught it too, but just in case I found it on youtube.

Watch 27:37ish- it appears she puts something in or under the folder while looking dead on at the witness (so an ultimate deception)
sneekyjodi.jpg

Then at 27:42 it appears to me she takes the folder off the table and places it under herself!

IS SHE SNEAKING SOMETHING OUT OF THE COURTROOM? PAPERCLIPS or other contraband????? WTH is she doing????????

OMG - you are totally right! She is sneaking something... I hope the court security guys are on to her.

For those of you feeling for this guy, please recall his supreme arrogance on direct and at the beginning of cross. I never feel uncomfortable when arrogant idiots are exposed. Then again, I do this for a living. :rocker:

Plus everyone should keep in mind the large FEE he will pocket for this poor performance courtesy of the taxpayers. I'm sure that will make him feel Much better. :floorlaugh:

We often through the word masterful around, but yesterday JM earned that description a hundred times over. I'm still flying. It was so impressive. Like somebody said, they should be showing that cross examination in law schools.

The thing I am most looking forward to today is having JM demolish this guy over the stupid pedophilia issue. Yesterday Samuels implied, if he didn't actually say, that pedophiles are really good at hiding their attraction to children so it isn't surprising that nobody knew anything about it. Of all the things that "doctor" did yesterday, that was the worst. There is not one single iota of evidence that Travis was a pedophile, but this guy acts like of course it's true. GRRRR! :furious:

ITA G&AMom!!! He should never have been allowed to testify to that! He never met Travis, and as far as I know, he wasn't privy to any of Travis' writings/journals.

Even if he didn't specifically say Travis was a pedo, his inference was clear. He based his testimony on hearsay from a known liar, and the judge should never have allowed it in!

His bias seemed clear, and his statements should have been relegated to JA only.

sneekyjodi.jpg

Dang, she sure did. What is she doing? It appears right before 21:35 she was doing something down in her seat with her left hand while adjusting whatever to the folder. Wow.
Where there any tootsie pops in the folder?

Wow...

On a whim I checked out HLN repost of the crime scene photos. I looked at that infamous photo of the shower ceiling - the first one where she claims she dropped that camera.

Perhaps because i *wasn't* looking too carefully, a shape in the photo caught my eye. Maybe someone has already pointed this out...

But I just noticed what appears to be Jodi's face in the far upper left border of the photo. As if you were on the ground looking up at the underside of her chin as she is peering into the open shower door.

Oh, to try and interpret what is going on in this instant if that is her face looking in at Travis....

The shower door is fully open and evidently Travis is still inside.

http://hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/01/03/Jodi-arias-evidence-photos-nancy-grace-mysteries-day-4?hpt=hln10_1

sneekyjodi.jpg

:dunno: In this clip at the end of yesterday she sure did leave with a folder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LGYHuDDLDQ8

Wow...he determined she had PTSD in 20 minutes. Thats how long it took her to zip thru 49 questions.

That means it only took her 24.5 seconds to read, think about and answer each question.

What? That doesn't seem right to you?

I mean, afterall...we do know what she can accomplish in a mere 62 seconds!

;)

When Samuels said he didn't have some important document and it's probably on his desk, I was SO hoping there would be a quick edit to Judge Judy saying "Where did you think you were coming to today -- a TEA PARTY?"

(I bet about a dozen WSers wrote this yesterday - sorry, can't catch up with all the posts!)

I thought he acted like he was at a cocktail party surrounded by admiring (?!) strangers saying, "Oh, I just the article summaries, someone as smart as me doesn't have to read the actual articles. That's for you ignorant lay people."

You're absolutely right. I just kept thinking that the bottom line was that the key question/answer on the test was a lie. The ninja story was still being perpetuated at that point, which made the test results null and void. I wanted JM to just make that point and the point that he had given her something intended to HELP her, which had no bearing on his evaluation, and then call it a day. I was sitting there feeling like the last 45 minutes ...the jury was probably thinking about what they were going to have for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor