long weekend break: discuss the latest here #114

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I thought some of them stated that they did not like her but I didn't know they felt she did it. Shouldn't it be a crime to be THAT stupid!? :banghead:

Some thought she did it, but couldn't convict her because they couldn't tell them the exact time or how she died.

Yes, and we can certainly believe the murderer's Jodispeak.

To me the great value of this site is to be open to the suggestions of other sleuthers. Together we harness a great deal of experience and brainpower to help LE consider every possibility. Every person here has a unique life experiences which can fill in the dark corners of the true picture.

There are things LE know about her which they can't bring into the case due to lack of evidence or perhaps because it doesn't fit their strategy. Or because of a plea deal which might be forthcoming--we wouldn't know about that. Just what we do know about how "justice" unfolds is discouraging enough. A system that allows a murderer to threaten the reputation of a victim, a family and even a church?

Here's what I have that points to an accomplice- it's just a beginning list. I won't list the evidence for these claims unless someone asks me because most of us know them already:

1. JA is at the professional level at sex, i.e., could be a sex worker level. This gives her an ability to work the men while they think they are working her.

2. JA is able to keep men interested in helping her long after a relationship has ended.

3. JA is an experienced snoop. This is not the first time she has hacked into social media, stolen journals, identified and harassed new girlfriends, etc.

4. JA cannot be told "no" and is intimidating. Example: how she reacted when Skye Hughes told her to get out of her house. She followed her into the kitchen and sat on a stool staring at her while she made dinner. This sends the message "I leave when I decide to, not when you order me out."

5. JA has stuff on people she keeps on hand. Penis photos, phone sex tapes, etc.

6. JA shows up unannounced, invites herself, refuses to leave. Ignores social norms and is considered "weird". Invites herself on vacations, enters people's homes when they are absent. Includes herself in gatherings and when told to leave sleeps under the Christmas tree.

Given the above, it would not be completely unreasonable to imagine her showing up covered with blood at Gus' house asking for help after killing Travis. She could have Matt along with her.

It is to her advantage to use an accomplice because, in her way of thinking, she can blame them later if she needs to. "I had no plans to kill him and didn't even know that Matt brought a gun....we were only there to crash at his place to get the new camera he was giving me so we could take pictures at the conference...I was introducing Matt to PPL. I guess Matt was jealous....which was such a surprise to me-- I had no idea he was still in love with me...I begged him to stop stabbing Travis!"

Matt is the person she trusted, the one who would never betray her, so he is the most likely accomplice. She also could involve Gus, who she presumably had photos, recordings or whatever, and whose interest in JA was already suspicious.

Here are the clues I see which point to an accomplice:

* dual purchases on the trip which start from where Matt lived. Dual sunscreen, dual hamburgers purchased moments apart suggest he has no money, so she covers his meal (because he is along at her request).

*she says, "Matt didn't answer until he got there" meaning until he got to ? I would like more info about this, maybe I missed the discussion (hard to keep up!) If this statement was about her call to him the next day, he may have been meeting her at Gus' house.

*Gus refuses to identify the person in the car with him when JA calls on July 5th. This could be Matt and they could be disposing of evidence after JA cleaned up and continue on to Ryan's. JA is really calling to find out if they have heard from the police yet and if they got rid of the evidence. She would be very anxious about this.

*There is a male shoe print at the crime scene. (Has this shoe been matched with the roommates? with crime scene experts? I may have missed the discussion on this as well.)

*Travis yells for Jodi to "get help! get the neighbors!" He doesn't think she is the assailant and sees that she is ok, meaning she's standing there not stabbing him. He doesn't seem to know she stabbed him! This suggests someone else may have been there. Why would he ask the only person there to get help when he has been assaulted?

*JA's first story "I wasn't there" shows that the original plan was to plant evidence suggesting two people committed the murder. Why not one person? Because two people did commit the murder and suggesting that draws LE attention away from JA/MM. This could be the reason for using two weapons. It explains why there is only one bullet (only one needed to prove shooter+stabber). The motive was the usual robbery-gone-wrong, which is threadbare it has been used so often.

*The accomplice is wearing gloves and doesn't participate in the murder. His role is to help dispose/handle the body after. Marie Hall testifies that there was loud music coming from Travis' room, which obviously was turned on to mask the noise of the murder.

*An accomplice explains many of the puzzles in this case - Jodi taking photos of herself? Her moving the body, washing sheets, washing clothes, and cleaning up the crime scene in such a very short time, then leaving the house with banister cleaned and only one drop of blood found in the lower bathroom.

I don't have a firm stance on any of these and am just putting ideas out there. Every time I think I can draw a conclusion, more evidence appears or I learn of evidence that others here knew but somehow I missed. So please forgive my errors and omissions and correct any misinformation.

On my phone, and went to reply to with bolding addressing specific points.. but I cannot on my phone and will have to do 2 days from now when I am on the computer. but the sound so much like a defense focus group Set of questions to respond to.

No offense to your posting as I think you are wonderful and you're insight ,and I'm sure it is done for understanding, but it sure does to me sound like exactly what the defense would put out as a focus group questionnaire.
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone have a link to the actual incident report written for the burglary at her grandparents house?

TIA!

Maybe she couldn't crash at DB's place for whatever reason (he got a new gf maybe?).
She did crash at MM's according to her( = we don't know for sure)

I wonder why Juan sort of hinted at the assumption that MM was waiting on Jodi outside DB house? So do you think that Juan knows that MM was with Jodi when she went to visit DB? If so, why would MM need to accompany her on that trip? I just don't get it.

I don't begrudge your thinking but it's so interesting how people think differently. To me, adding someone else into the scene makes the simplest sense. Because her alone, is very perplexing. Especially the photos earlier from that day. Why in the world would Travis have sex with her at this point? He despised her and knew she had slashed his tires (and his then-girlfriends tires) earlier that year (or in Dec). So Jodi is now displaying a new more frightening side to her behavior.

He might've engaged in phone sex IF......that phone call wasn't a set up (which most of us think it was...) but clearly the text messages demonstrate he knew she was a sociopath so why.....WHY would he be with her that June 4th unless perhaps, forced.

He doesn't look happy at all. Neither does she actually. Who leaves a bottle of KY on the bed when there's a night stand right there? Those photos look totally staged to me.

If you haven't, I implore you to watch the unedited interrogation tapes on YouTube. There are like 16 of them that just came out. About 30 minutes each.

She is hiding something. She knows she's caught (they have her damn photos from that day) but she is STILL holding something back.
The intruder story came out of her mouth with much detail. It's not like she had 3 years to fabricate it like she's doing now with the self-defense story, so there seems to be a modicum of truth to her original story.

The possibility of someone else there (to me and a bunch of others) is very probable. And remember, when they were closing in on her......(if she had accomplices) they could've easily made up alibis by then. This was a state-to-state investigation. Very hard to conduct with ease and in a timely manner.

1st BBM: Exactly : WHY would Travis had sex with her when he knew she had slashed his and his gf's tires, and he sent Jodi those text messages calling her a psycho ?

JMO, but I still don't believe that they had sex prior to Jodi kiling him .. it just makes NO sense, IMO ... I know I know : the prosecutor said they had sex and there are those photos ... and I have total respect for Mr. Martinez who is doing a great job on this case ...

But IMO, there is just something that is just NOT right about those photos ...

I still just do not see Travis having sex with her when he was doing everything he could to get rid of her ... MOO !

2nd BBM: Yes, she could have FORCED him ... she is evil !

3rd BBM: Yes, Jodi had a very short time to come up with that "intruder story" -- about 5-6 weeks ?

JMO, but I think Jodi "thought" that LE would "instantly buy" her "intruder story" ... but they did NOT !

JMO, but I think IF Jodi had help she would have "ratted them out" -- HOWEVER -- IF she would have "ratted" this person out, then it clearly points to pre-meditated murder, so she canNOT "rat out" her accomplice, whether it was before, during or after the murder ...

Again JMO, but I do think she had help AFTER she killed Travis ... those "coded" magazines that never made it out of the jail clearly shows this ...

Besides, aboslutely nothing would surprise me about this case ... nothing ...

:moo:

:seeya:

Dmaky, this is just speculation, but I wonder if this refers to an interview with her lawyers, specifically Nurmi?

I think I read that it was at the time of the hearing about the pedo letters was when Nurmi tried to withdraw. There was speculation that he knew MM and/or Jodi was going to lie in that hearing and he didn't want to be part of that. [Maybe hard to believe, since he must know Jodi lying her @ss off constantly . . .]

If MM said one thing during one interview, then Jodi sent him the message in the magazine to come see her and get the new story, then Nurmi interviews MM and his story is different and now matches Jodi's, he would know something was up.

Now I don't actually know if MM ever got the message in the mag, I guess not or how would the prosecution end up with it? But maybe she got to him another way. She is very sneaky and conniving.

Thank you for answering Chester. You might be on to something. Here is the message. The interview part is what was confusing me.

"you fuc*ed up, what you told my attorney the next day directly contradicts what I've been saying for over a year get down here asap and see me before you talk to them again and before you testify so we can fix this. interview was excellent! must talk asap".

Do you know he really posted it? Anybody can be anybody on The Net. Not that I think Samuels has a y credibility, cause he does not.

Right before him I think Abraham Lincoln was posting, not really sure though as I do not read there.

I don't post much, because everyone is always way ahead of me, but I may be able to help with this item that has confused us....

In-N-Out gives a receipt when one orders, then there is another receipt to identify the order the food comes out, the "kitchen" copy, if you will... There is an In-N-Out near my home, we ate there a few days ago and I remember thinking "this is what they're talking about...", but got distracted by grandkids and didn't keep the receipt(s)... Will try to go there for lunch today (if my tummy cooperates) and will post the results of what I get in the way of receipts.... Might make at least one thing a little less confusing...

FWIW, I believe JA acted alone, and with premeditation...

THANK YOU. I just posted something similar a few posts ago. I remember someone else saying this a week or so ago too.

Post Murder, Jodi back in Yreka:

Jodi "says" she was leaving Yreka to move to Monterrey so she can commit suicide.

Maybe MM was going to help her run to the Mexican border?

Of course manzana is kidding you guys. My heart did flip-flops for a moment there. No way will JM/Travis' family ever settle for LWOP. Ever!

Soooo not funny ... Pfffft

With only two days of court this week I'm afraid we will not get to the cross examination of ALV. I will probably choose to do outside gardening work while JW is still on direct.

I, for one, am not the least bit worried about the Hughes' emails. I have watched this trial everyday and what the DT is infamously known for by now is liking to snip things, generalize them, take them out of context and put their own spin on them. I believe the Hughes emails will be the same MO the DT has used from day one.

Remember the time the DT left it hanging about the penis pics? They let the jury believe the entire weekend that they came from Travis' computer. BUT once Juan got up to cross examine he had dismantled the 'out of context' foggy questions asked by the DT. He immediately made it clear it did not come from his computer but from Arias' hard drive.

This will follow the same pattern. The defense tries to deceive and Juan makes things clear and cleans their mess up. Juan will once again clear up the issue about the Hughes emails just like he did about the issue of who's hard drive the pics were really on. Iirc Chris himself said he is not worried and Juan will clear it up when he gets up to cross. He may have left that comment on a FB page iirc.

What I cant tolerate to watch anymore is an expert who seems to be outdated and thinks every time there is DV abuse the wittle victim is always the female and the big bad abuser is always a male. In fact I think the 11 men on the jury are sick and tired of hearing how good women are and how bad men are. I want Juan to ask her has she ever testified for a male victim in any criminal case? From what I have read she is the 7th expert contacted. So imo those six others cherish their reputations and couldn't testify for the defense and be honest.

I find ALV very biased. She completely omits ALL of Arias' obsessive stalker terrorism acts. I guess if Juan ask her why those weren't taken into consideration she will answer like Samuels did and state it 'doesn't matter':rolleyes: but of course it does matter greatly and the jury knows it.

IMO
I agree about DT's low-down-underhanded-polecat-stinking ways of spinning this story. But I guess I'm going to have to actually watch all of AVL's testimony to see if she really is the man-hating-female-biased-ancient-hippie y'all say she is. I admit I skipped most of her testimony as it was a workshop lecture on a subject I already know w a y too much about. The continuum of Common Couple Violence was new and seemed to me had been a research attempt to explain the difference between what goes on in everyday life for most folks and what goes on behind the scenes in High Risk Intimate Partner Abuse (which I think is mislabeled as Pedagogical Terrorism or something).

Anyway, wish me luck on sitting through this because I found it very "triggering." I've worked with all types of crime and violence victims (from PTSD war Vets to Merchant Restitution Panels), but it's true that sexual assault, domestic violence, child abuse, and animal neglect have left tracks all over my mind and soul. So, here goes.

How did MM earn a living?

Jodi had $1000 in that bank account. She works as a waitress, owes everyone money (including Travis); yes she can go on the roadtrip for photography?

She had this planned once she found out Mimi did not want to go to Cancun and Travis wouldn't take Jodi!

She's an evil toxic parasite. :furious:

OT: I think Marie Hall is adorable.

I agree, LL.

But she deposited $800 of that while in Monterey. Which says to me she had maybe $200 when she left Yreka. IMO, she borrowed that $800 off MM and DB. She probably borrowed the $200 from that dude in Yreka.

I think as someone else was just saying in this thread, she just mainly scams for a living. She worked in pretty low-end restaurants, and did a pretty crappy job at that, and was often taking time off.

She admitted in the early interviews she basically owed everyone money.

She is truly a parasite, and looks more and more like the creature that popped out of that guys chest in the Alien movie. Not really, but she is getting creepier looking by the day. Like her outside is getting more like her inside.

(deep breath)

Why is it people think she'd 'throw them under the bus' if others were involved???

Don't you see, she CAN'T.

If she were to say "Two other people killed him while I was there" that would imply, it was ALL staged!!!!

She simply can NOT say there was a plan to have him killed.

She could've left it as 'there were two intruders but, they let me go....' story but she knew that sounded outlandish!! And if they DID let her go then, why didn't she call police?

She is stuck every which way she tried to inject the 'intruders' because we all know, if there were intruders, they were there because Jodi beckoned them to be there!!!

That is the open and shut scenario of that.
So please stop saying Jodi would drop names in a heart beat. In this possible scenario (of other people being there) she can NOT. Not then. And not now unless she is willing to take the punishment of a lethal injection in her arm.

<mod snip>

It's my opinion that she would have thrown accomplice(s) under the bus in her first police interview. She would not have implicated herself, but would have fingered the accomplice(s) and claimed they set her up -- she would have also made sure she had evidence against them to prove they were there. She would not protect anyone out of a sense of loyalty or fear.

I'm only watching HLN while doing housework because they have key witnesses testimony. ;)

Some thought she did it, but couldn't convict her because they couldn't tell them the exact time or how she died.

Yeeeesh. :banghead:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members