Identified! CA - Huntington Beach, WhtFem 40UFCA, 18-30, poss name Andrea, Apr'90 - Andrea Kuiper

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I would really like to know more about that. Where did you see that (I can't seem to find any info about it at all, let alone a copy of the key). I guess someone who was attracted to her could have given her a copy of his key, too. This might be plausible if she had been drinking at a bar earlier.

That was definitely in one of the articles I have (that copyright rules won't allow me to share, publically :() that the coroner who first dealt with Andrea's case trawled all the local hotels, handed out business cards with her face on them, put her pic on his tape dispenser....even had her pic on the refrigerator at home, until his wife made him remove it!

There was a bit from another article I did not summarise, because I thought it sounded too much like the journalist imagining. It said something about Andrea would have been light headed and disorientated from the effects of the cocaine and alcohol, as she stepped out on the highway that day.

There was no direct quote from the coroner about it though, definitely. It was the first para of the article and really seemed like an attempt to make her story touching, is all. Which it was.

Sorry Mrs. T, I was a little off on that. from Doe Network:

For some reason, I thought the salesman was the manager of the mobile home park.

I thought he was too. I'll have to read back. He does say 'we' in the article, and I presumed he shared his home with a wife and maybe kids. But there is no info about that, and I am now thinking that it may have been a few single people sharing a home, for all I know, and Andrea could have been partying there.....

That was definitely in one of the articles I have (that copyright rules won't allow me to share, publically :() that the coroner who first dealt with Andrea's case trawled all the local hotels, handed out business cards with her face on them, put her pic on his tape dispenser....even had her pic on the refrigerator at home, until his wife made him remove it!

There was a bit from another article I did not summarise, because I thought it sounded too much like the journalist imagining. It said something about Andrea would have been light headed and disorientated from the effects of the cocaine and alcohol, as she stepped out on the highway that day.

There was no direct quote from the coroner about it though, definitely. It was the first para of the article and really seemed like an attempt to make her story touching, is all. Which it was.

That article sounds vaguely familiar, is it this one from the Los Angeles Times?
http://articles.latimes.com/1994-04-26/news/mn-50674_1_orange-county

Couple of follow up notes....
2 goodwill stores in the area were not open in 1990. The possibilities are then probably:
Santa Ana
Westminster blvd
Or Costa Mesa.
I am going to guess Westminster. I wonder if this is why she had the bus schedule on her.
Second guess would be Costa Mesa.

That article sounds vaguely familiar, is it this one from the Los Angeles Times?
http://articles.latimes.com/1994-04-26/news/mn-50674_1_orange-county

This one seems to be quoting a different person than the mobile home salesman!...And gives another point on the map a few days prior to the accident.

Ambercat, (and momtolil)... How sure are you guys that she stayed at the Driftwood club Vs. the huntington by the sea mobile estates on that last night?? Is it local knowledge? I am just not familiar with the area and did not see either name mentioned in the articles. Both seem to have been there in 1990.

So sorry for my confusion and i'm not doubting, just want to get a source so I can put it on a map correctly :). Thanks!!!!

That link's not working for me, Mrs Tigglesworth?

ETA, Sorry, Ambercat was the original poster!

Aundria Michelle Bowman
Missing since March 11, 1989 from Holland, Ottawa County, Michigan.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: June 23, 1974
Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5; 115 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; green eyes. She may have bleached her hair blonde.
Marks, Scars: She has peirced ears.
AKA: Alex; Alexis
Dentals: Partial dental records available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Bowman ran away from a youth home on March 11, 1989. She has never been seen or heard from again. Bowman is adopted.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Bowman's whereabouts, please contact:
Allegan County Sheriff's Office Missing Persons Unit
616-673-5441 OR 269-673-0500
Email: sheriff@allegancounty.org

All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

NCMEC #: NCMC601760
NCIC Number: M-414252008
Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
The Doe Network: Case File 184DFMI

LINK:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/184dfmi.html

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Aundria Michelle Bowman
Missing since March 11, 1989 from Holland, Ottawa County, Michigan.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: June 23, 1974
Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5; 115 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; green eyes. She may have bleached her hair blonde.
Marks, Scars: She has peirced ears.
AKA: Alex; Alexis
Dentals: Partial dental records available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Bowman ran away from a youth home on March 11, 1989. She has never been seen or heard from again. Bowman is adopted.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Bowman's whereabouts, please contact:
Allegan County Sheriff's Office Missing Persons Unit
616-673-5441 OR 269-673-0500
Email: sheriff@allegancounty.org

All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

NCMEC #: NCMC601760
NCIC Number: M-414252008
Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
The Doe Network: Case File 184DFMI

LINK:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/184dfmi.html

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

This "Andrea" Jane doe is not Aundria Bowman. She has been ruled out. I know Aundria's birth mother, who named her Alexis Miranda Badger before putting her up for adoption (whereby Alexis was renamed Aundria Bowman).

Her mother has seen the postmortem photo and is 100% certain that this is not Alexis/Aundria.

I did another revision to the two recons (short and long hair) to attempt to better depict the description of her clothing. It's quite difficult to incorporate a black dress, a red tee-shirt, and a hot-pink sweater into a head and shoulders portrait, but here it is. I did another revision to her eyes also. She still looked too Hispanic in the previous versions.

2b31040b-d2cc-466d-b9a1-50425cc6e446.jpg
26f21b83-541f-4681-8ceb-13533005feea.jpg

Bumping the recons forward to the current page. They had fallen quite far back from the end of the thread.

Has Andrea's nose been previously broken? Or is it just the way the light is hitting it? I know I mentioned this before but the bridge does look out of sync with the tip to me.

I don't mean broken in the accident, as I would have thought there would be a lot of skin damage too, if that was the case.

Has Andrea's nose been previously broken? Or is it just the way the light is hitting it? I know I mentioned this before but the bridge does look out of sync with the tip to me.

I don't mean broken in the accident, as I would have thought there would be a lot of skin damage too, if that was the case.

It does look like that in the PM photo, but I think it's just the way the light hits it.

Peggy Alt: LKA 1985 at age 17 in MO looks very similar.

BUT: I just can't get past Andrea's dental work. What are the chances an abused kid (Peggy) was getting good dental work?

Also, LE said Andrea had "recent" dental work IIRC, how recent? A year ?

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/9849/8/

Out of curiosity, what are your theories about this girl? It's quite similar to the Jason Doe case.

I guess my theory (so far) is that Andrea was on and off the streets, a drug user, and probably had cut ties with her family fairly recently. Her family was probably middle class and paid for her dental work but after months of fighting about her lifestyle she left. They probably never reported her missing.

I keep trying to find her, though.

I have expanded my search a bit to 1993. I recently read someone who went missing on the East Coast in 1990. She wasn't reported until 1994 (IIRC) when her friends asked her family when the last time they had seen her was. The family had had one last fight with the MP, the MP had walked out in 1990, but they hadn't considered her missing. The friends believed that the MP would have contacted them. My point of the story is that the databases have the MP missing in 1994- even though LKA was 1990.

I guess my theory (so far) is that Andrea was on and off the streets, a drug user, and probably had cut ties with her family fairly recently. Her family was probably middle class and paid for her dental work but after months of fighting about her lifestyle she left. They probably never reported her missing.

I keep trying to find her, though.

I have expanded my search a bit to 1993. I recently read someone who went missing on the East Coast in 1990. She wasn't reported until 1994 (IIRC) when her friends asked her family when the last time they had seen her was. The family had had one last fight with the MP, the MP had walked out in 1990, but they hadn't considered her missing. The friends believed that the MP would have contacted them. My point of the story is that the databases have the MP missing in 1994- even though LKA was 1990.

I put the link to that story in another post but can't remember which one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members