weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got the link to work. I can't post pictures! Now this is the only rope found in the bedroom. Where did it come from? Is this where the frayed pieces came from that Jodi claims are pieces of rope? Was this addressed in court?

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/dr/hln/www...ecache/gallery_780x583/2013/01/04/arias50.jpg

That is not a rope or a piece of rope. It's a piece of yarn that was found on a step. I will concede that it could be a piece of the decorative fringe from a pillow but it is not a fiber from a piece of rope.

Yes, there was some piece of "fabric"-type thing on the stairs...and then there were some shaggy-type fabric shreds in the bathroom. I think Juan was saying that the one on the stair could have been from the tassels on his bed throw pillows, and the ones in the bathroom could have been from his shaggy flip-flops/slippers. But I am thinking that how could it be from the pillow tassels if those were in the bedroom and not really involved in the murder scene? I mean, how could it have come off cause it looks the throw pillows were pretty much untouched. There were the bed pillows all over the floor though...does anyone know why those were strewn around? I don't know if it was in testimony or not. Also, as far as the shaggy slippers, those couldn't have been in the bathroom either since there was no blood on them. Anyone got any information on these things?

Since you mentioned pillows...I remember Jodi said something about a pillow with braided trim. I believe it was found in the bedroom. I remember it went through my head that maybe there was another pillow, and Jodi could have used it to muffle the sound of a gun shot. I'm not really one of those that believes she shot him first, but if she did, she could have also concealed the gun from him by having it behind the pillow. As in....he never saw it coming. Would that cause fragments of the pillow to found on the shower floor?

Since you mentioned pillows...I remember Jodi said something about a pillow with braided trim. I believe it was found in the bedroom. I remember it went through my head that maybe there was another pillow, and Jodi could have used it to muffle the sound of a gun shot. I'm not really one of those that believes she shot him first, but if she did, she could have also concealed the gun from him by having it behind the pillow. As in....he never saw it coming. Would that cause fragments of the pillow to found on the shower floor?

Yea I have always wondered how a gunshot was never heard from anyone at all. Not a neighbor, not napoleon barking his poor little head off about his master's slaughter, not a passerby or a neighbor's pet...etc. I know its a small caliber gun but a gun shot is still loud no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfairy
I think that what JA has on DB is that he has the "stolen" dvd player and he knows that photo is his "junk" and not Travis.

I'm on that train with you!

I am too. And I think DB got off lightly without having to answer about JA's visit. He was super evasive until pressed hard. Why?
I started to re-listen to his testimony. Does anyone think this is a very unusual way to answer one of your first questions in a capital murder trial?

KN: [To DB] Do you know this lady here, in the blue shirt?
DB: Yes.
KN: How do you know her?
DB: I know Jodi, um...because we were in love.

You always make me laugh. :laughcry:

Yep, nothing pretty there. Give me a guy in a nice fitting pair of tight boxers though. Now that's pretty.

Boxer briefs... Yep! Now you're talking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What the heck is it about my textual self that convinces people I'm female? I'll never be able to sleep wondering about that. :floorlaugh:

I think you'll find about 99% of the posters on this board are female, it becomes an assumption .. don't take it too personally :)

What the heck is it about my textual self that convinces people I'm female? I'll never be able to sleep wondering about that. :floorlaugh:

There's nothing textually. It's just statistically speaking ...

I think you'll find about 99% of the posters on this board are female, it becomes an assumption .. don't take it too personally :)

Whew! That's okay, I can live with that. I thought I was being entirely too reasonable and compassionate or something. ;)

Yea I have always wondered how a gunshot was never heard from anyone at all. Not a neighbor, not napoleon barking his poor little head off about his master's demise, not a passerby or a neighbor's pet...etc. I know its a small caliber gun but a gun shot is still loud no?

No, I'm sure the windows were all closed as its like a million degrees in AZ . That gun makes a pop sound kinda like a kids cap gun..

Yea I have always wondered how a gunshot was never heard from anyone at all. Not a neighbor, not napoleon barking his poor little head off about his master's demise, not a passerby or a neighbor's pet...etc. I know its a small caliber gun but a gun shot is still loud no?

Well, that's how they do it in the movies. Muffle the gun shot sound with a pillow. That really could explain the shredded material on the bathroom floor. And if she walked into the shower with a pillow in her hand, that would not be concerning. Maybe she claimed she needed something to put under her knees on the tile floor.....you know, for the fake photo shoot!

I don't believe there is any testimony as it relates to her hiding in his closet while he had another girlfriend there, but I heard that also; but don't know it as a fact in this case...Not sure that helps.

He went on his "3rd no 2 1/2 date with Mimi Hall" & JA went there to clean and she fell asleep & was still there when they got back - JA testified that on the phone because it was in her journal but I don't remember her saying where she fell asleep. Also Mimi Hall testified that she came through doggie door and one time was found sleeping under the Christmas tree as well as being there when they got back from date. JD also brought up the sneaking in & sleeping under the Christmas tree occassion..

Now I'm starting to worry.

Dude...but remember--you thought I was a guy!!! :floorlaugh:

For the record Sleuth5 is a wonderful man with an amazing wife.....plus they are both slaves to the cutest corgi ever! Moo.

Pretty much true of of all true-crime boards IME. Men don't seem to be as interested in true-crime stories as women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste