OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned, 8 Oct 2009 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soul, that's what I've always read. The case was closed. No proof, though.

The video shows so much more. Read the papers in front of the reporter. More names, dates.

Where have you read that ? Just wondering ,I have read it too but I believe I read it on facebook and blog like places. I cant remember reading it on any legit place and Madison is listed as missing..Not an active case is not a closed case...

Where have you read that ? Just wondering ,I have read it too but I believe I read it on facebook and blog like places. I cant remember reading it on any legit place and Madison is listed as missing..Not an active case is not a closed case...

Soul, it was probably Topix.

Now snowing in NE OK. (I know you're hanging on my every weather update, not!)

http://www.okcfox.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kokh_vid_9867.shtml

Posted: Monday, February 18 2013, 09:53 PM CST

<snipped>
Shenold says she has been searching for the family since they disappeared, but after the national show aired, she got a strange tip. “I got an anonymous call from a woman wanting to know if I was the one looking for the Jamisons.”

The mysterious caller told Shenold that she had once belonged to a white-supremacy group. “She saw a book that had a bunch of names in it,” Shenold told Fox 25, “They were names of people that someone in the group had a problem with and needed them taken care of.”

from s_b's link above:
&#8220;She knew about the insignia on his wedding ring which not many people know about that,&#8221; Shenold said
It's an infinity symbol. Info quickly available via online search.

So sorry for the grandmother of little Madyson. :( And of course for the entire family who grieves their loss., a great loss indeed for an entire family who is there one day, gone the next.

The entire story however, sounds quite plausible to me, esp. the ring insignia, etc.
I don't think they kept Maddy alive however, no.........I sincerely doubt it.

May they all R.I.P.

The recent Fox story's "mysterious phone call" also draws on another known aspect of the case - white supremacists (via the house guest who was alleged to have threatened Sherilyn). Along with the ring insignia, this is information easily obtained by a cursory reading of the case. The "Madyson on lap" story plays on fears that the parents are dead but that the child lives (which is the theory of the alleged phone call's recipient). It has little credibility, to me.

I saw the ID show and read some of the posts. The people here sound much more knowledgeable than I am. Is there a premier with all the facts condensed? The ID show is geared for dramatic presentation – not concise facts.

Thoughts
  • The trance-like walking and repeated trips sounds more like psychological problems than meth. Meth is an upper. It sounds like they were depressed and/or upset.
  • The parents' psychological problems would explain Madyson's distressed expression and ill-fitting clothes in the picture.
  • The family sounds troubled enough that it's hard to imagine them hatching the perfect plan to disappear into hiding. It sounds like they were struggling to get through daily living. Sherilynn had joked about feigning mental problems to scare people off, but most people who take that approach probably have some bona fide mental problems.
  • I don't find it odd they wanted the realtor to give them the coordinates instead of showing them the properties. These were depressed people who wanted to live away from other people. They liked salesmen even less than the average person.
  • The cash isn't that weird b/c I've heard of people with trashed credit or who are just distrustful or unsophisticated liking to keep their money in cash instead of the bank. If they were going to buy land, they might have brought the cash to show they were serious. I bought my last car with cash from a large local dealer, and they lowered the price when they realized I was able to buy that very minute with no indecisiveness, applying for a loan, etc. Cash really talks. People get a visceral reaction to it, and they know you're serious.

Does anyone know why they seem not to be very affluent but own several timeshares? Did they accept free vacations in exchange for signing up for shady timeshare deals?

Were the keys locked in the car? Maybe they locked everything in the car by accident, decided to walk to town, and got lost. Keep in mind they weren't healthy. He had a bad back, and they both had psychological problems, so they would not have approached the problem of being locked out of their car in a calm and rational way.

How far were they from the nearest town?

My guess
My guess is they were in a bad psychological state and made a series of bad decisions that got them lost, kidnapped, or murdered. They could have met up with someone, bought a small amount of drugs from him. That person could have realized they had enough money on them (not counting the money he didn't know about in the trunk) to supply their habit for months and killed them. They could have gotten in an argument with someone and waved that missing .22 around at them, leading to an altercation. It doesn't seem like it would take planning to kill or kidnap them because these were troubled people making bad decisions. Their bodies could be a few miles away from the car, and the police search could have simply missed them.

The pic of Madyson
I suspect Madyson knew her parents were not on top of things and were making bad decision. She probably struggled to keep them from doing stupid things, but she was only 6 and not sure of the right thing to do. It would be like the pilot on a plane going insane and a passenger with no knowledge of flying attempting to take the controls. Madyson knew from Kindergarten that other kids' parents take care of them. She was out in the countryside at an age where she was still learning to distinguish fantasy from reality listening to her parents talk about living in a storage crate there, ghosts in their house, shooting demons with a gun, suing her school, and so on. She was probably trying to work out which of those things were real and protect herself and her family from them. The parents took that picture at the site where they would live in a crate. They were too upset themselves to realize they were putting their daughter through hell.

Thanks for bearing with me if it turns out someone's already thought of and debunked any of my guesses.

I saw the ID show and read some of the posts. The people here sound much more knowledgeable than I am. Is there a premier with all the facts condensed? The ID show is geared for dramatic presentation – not concise facts.

<snipped for space>

:goodpost:, CircuitGuy! And :wagon: to Websleuths!

Why a .22?

Why wouldnt paraniod people who needed a gun for protection have such a low caliber weapon which may or may not stop your intended target ?

Was it because of the noise a large pistol makes? Did Sherilyn plan on sneaking up on her target at close range? Or did she just not know enough about guns to consider stopping power?

http://www.mulhollandbooks.com/2012/01/20/which-handgun-should-you-use-for-a-murder/

Why a .22?

Why wouldnt paraniod people who needed a gun for protection have such a low caliber weapon which may or may not stop your intended target ?

Was it because of the noise a large pistol makes? Did Sherilyn plan on sneaking up on her target at close range? Or did she just not know enough about guns to consider stopping power?

I suspect these reasons:
1. A .22 is cheaper.
2. It's easier to conceal and carry.
3. Her husband had another gun, a larger caliber pistol in the ID dramatization of her evicting the border.
4. It may be easier to shoot for someone with small hands.

I doubt she thought it through that carefully. It was just a cheap, easy-to-conceal, easy-to-shoot gun.

Ref:
Does anyone know why they seem not to be very affluent but own several timeshares? Did they accept free vacations in exchange for signing up for shady timeshare deals?

Where were the time shares located?

Any update on having searched that area of the world?

Where were the time shares located?
Doing just a Google search, I find there were two in Mexico and more in the US. One was in Cancun, according to one article.

I suspect they went to presentations in exchange for free vacations. During the RE boom in the 00's, anyone could get a loan. From what I've heard the timeshare industry is full of people who prey on the troubled and unsophisticated. (There probably is some savvy way to use a timeshare effectively, but I believe most of the time it's people who would come out ahead just renting a nice hotel when they travel and not using a timeshare.)

I don't know if anyone looked in the area of the timeshares. My gut is the area doesn't matter. They went to presentations in Florida or Vegas and came away signed up for something they didn't fully understand. They did not have secret ties to anything near the timeshares. That's just my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste