Red Sweater Girl

does anybody know if the red sweater girl was ever identified?

She looks a little similar to Cynthia May Hernandez to me. But the eyebrows may be a little different though. I read somewhere that a woman was approached by a photographer or a person posed as such in the theater where Cynthia went missing a few days before her disappearance but I can't remember where I read this :( . It's possible I'm mixing up this case with another one though.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/862dfca.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hernandez_cynthia.html

Sorry I don't know how to post pictures... :)

It's been a long time but I stumbled upon the reference. Here is the link to it : http://www.sgvtribune.com/coldcases/ci_20606048/womans-disappearance-still-unsolved

Basically, it says that a woman, who worked at the theather where Cynthia was supposed to go when she vanished, said that a man approached here at there, five days after Cynthia's disappearance, saying he was a photographer and making unappropriate gestures towards her.

I wish we had more pictures of Cynthia to compare them with UID... The article says her mom is still alive and looking for her. LE has problably already showed her UID's picture, right?

I hope her loved ones will find closure soon.

I think all of these are the same woman. But I can't be totally sure.

2011323320.jpg

2011323414.jpg

2011323475.jpg

2011323716.jpg

2011323784.jpg

I think the above are two different girls. 2/4 and 1/3/5.

The girl w/ the red turtleneck struck me because she bares one hell of a resemblance to Mila Kunis. Obviously it's not, but wow.

/edit
I'd also bet money that the girl doing her makeup is red sweater girl.
Also maybe the girl in the white sweater.
Photos found @ http://www.ocregister.com/news/alcala-238591-women-murphy.html#article-photos

Attachments

• kz3edk-kz3e8i0168.jpg
    kz3edk-kz3e8i0168.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 103
  • kz3d6n-kz3d4s0014.jpg
    kz3d6n-kz3d4s0014.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 101
wow it really does look like Cynthia, the girl in the red sweater

Ok, she isn't wearing a bra in the last picture (in comparison post). Somehow this strikes me as off, since the girls were either topless are dressed. Also this must be circa 1970 judging by the make up.

I'm wondering if he put the on makeup on them to disguise? Or his preference? There is at least one other woman with similar, she has the plaid hat/head wrap thing on.

Last edited:
I think this young woman in the red sweater is possibly Cheryl Wyant. She has a complicated background, ran away from a group home, last seen in San Bernardino County in May 1978.

Her nose, side outer edge nostril shape in particular, if you look, is very similar to the first photo Emma Lucia posted a few above. (I understand, and agree, here are not all the same person, but a few are.)

1787DFCA - Cheryl Schille Wyant

I agree that they're the same. One of the tough things about this case is figuring out which pictures are the same person. I've made mistakes about them and others have as well and some people are just plain terrible at it. Makes trying to talk about them difficult. Somewhere here there's a thread about people who have a tough time recognizing faces, especially from pictures. It's surprisingly common.

Are we talking the petite one with heavy bangs? I don't think it's Cheryl, she was tall.

Are we talking the petite one with heavy bangs? I don't think it's Cheryl, she was tall.

I'm talking about the woman in the red turtleneck sweater, pictured in Emma's post above. I think she's the subject of this thread? Images #1 &#4 of her pics (possibly #3, I think that is the same personperson?)

Cheryl was 5 ft 8, but only weighed 120. Is there a photo of this woman in the sweater next to Alcala or someone we know to be tall-ish?

Realize the odds of matching any of these at this point are so low. I hope they're just out there alive and enjoying retirement and forgot they ever posed for the creep

I agree that they're the same. One of the tough things about this case is figuring out which pictures are the same person. I've made mistakes about them and others have as well and some people are just plain terrible at it. Makes trying to talk about them difficult. Somewhere here there's a thread about people who have a tough time recognizing faces, especially from pictures. It's surprisingly common.

looking at them again, I do think they're the same.

Alcala actually was not a particularly skilled photographer. It's his fault we're left squinting trying to figure out if it's the same person. :)

I'm talking about the woman in the red turtleneck sweater, pictured in Emma's post above. I think she's the subject of this thread? Images #1 &#4 of her pics (possibly #3, I think that is the same personperson?)

Cheryl was 5 ft 8, but only weighed 120. Is there a photo of this woman in the sweater next to Alcala or someone we know to be tall-ish?

Realize the odds of matching any of these at this point are so low. I hope they're just out there alive and enjoying retirement and forgot they ever posed for the creep
My bad, I now know how you mean. Our girl has a very distinctive nose and Cupid's bow. Not like Cheryl.

2011323320.jpg

2011323414.jpg

2011323475.jpg

2011323716.jpg

2011323784.jpg
I agree these are both different girls. They actually don't bare much resemblance except they're both brunette.

I think they're both early 1970s. 1 has glam eye makeup and both don't have the particularly shaggy, super glamorous hair that was more seen in the latter part of the decade. A lot of these photos are really early Seventies actually, before '72, and '74 being the absolute latest (which is the time he had to be free before the Fall).

So this is both in 1970-1971 for me. Timid girl looks like a teenager around 15-17 and the red sweater looks 18-21 at most.

I think red sweater girl is Eileen Hynson. Whether the pics were taken before his incarceration I don't know, because Eileen disappeared 1976 he cannot have taken her. But I would put my life on these being the same girl X

Attachments

• Hynson_eileen.jpg
    Hynson_eileen.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 16

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members