Penalty Phase #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Rules

Just so I don't step in a bucket of poopies here, can someone give me a hypothetical example of "sleuthing of non-players"? :blushing:

Travis' roommates would fall in that category, I believe.

Whew! I made it back online and in time for the testibaloney we will probably be subjected to today. My computer crashed last Saturday and I just got my new one up and running yesterday. I will never catch up, so just starting fresh for this penalty phase.

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin 29s

Supposed to start at ten...late again. #JodiArias #shocking

Camille Kimball ‏@CamilleKimball 44s

Surprisingly crowded inside the #JodiArias courtroom this morning. I am seated next to the camera man.
Expand

‏@********* 1m

Murderer #JodiArias got busted selling domestic violence t-shirts from prison http://tl.gd/n_1rkcm3g FACTS

so they threatened Patty and not Daryl Brewer ?

IMHO The only threat Patty received was the upcoming smackdown she was going to get when Juan cross examined her.. she wanted NO part of Juan

HLN just reported the defense has filed another mistrial motion. I think it's just another thing they do because they have to do a good job defending her.

As for what will she say? I think she'll blame Travis while spewing more vile lies about him, she'll blame the family for convincing him to stay away from her, she might even have words for the jury.

Anyway, it will be interesting.

Hi everyone!

I'm looking forward to CMJA's days being numbered and hopefully her hours being numbered.
Let this day be quick and as painless as possible for the Alexanders.
Let JSS keep control of the courtroom and the CM!

Defense just filed motion for mistrial. Suprise Suprise

That's all they've got left.

Good morning fellow WSers. I took the weekend off from all the coverage to clear my head. Needed it.

To the Mods: You are all saints. Karma is going to bring many good things to do in thanks for all the good work you do here.

With various motions filed I will be surprised if we get a start before noon. On the other hand, maybe they can be dispensed with quickly. Beyond the umpteenth motion for mistrial, does anyone know what the other motions are?

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 23s

As usual, if I go over my tweet limit follow me on @wildabouttrial2. Willmott just arrived in a deep salmony jacket with black skirt.

Camille Kimball ‏@CamilleKimball 28s

Jennifer Wilmott arrives in a rose colored suit. Juan and Flores are at their table. #JodiArias is not here yet.

HHHMMMMMMMMMM...I might have to rethink my "nothing happens on weekends" theory. LOL!! I haven't been here since Thursday - and apparently, there has been some activity, huh???

Well, anyway...good morning/afternoon, y'all!!

Yet another interesting day unfolding I see...par for the course I guess. I figured things would have been rather "boring" at this point in the trial. Silly me!

We tend to party pretty hard during breaks. ;)

From WAT :

27s Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

As usual, if I go over my tweet limit follow me on @wildabouttrial2. Willmott just arrived in a deep salmony jacket with black skirt.

A mistrial during the sentencing phase would lead to what exactly? The judge deciding between LWOP and LWPOP?

Nobody saved me a seat!!! :tears:

Is there any room left?

Defense just filed motion for mistrial. Surprise Surprise

I'm pretty sure that is just SOP. The defense, while not especially likeable in the trial, is very thorough. Doubt there are going to be any successful appellate issues.

these TH's make me crazy. they want KN to plead she's crazy? this, after they argued for DAYS against her having a personality disorder??? but now she does?

Actually, I think that's her best shot, but her kind of crazy can't be fixed. It can only be contained in a place where others are safe from it/her, and that's spelled d-e-a-t-h-r-o-w.

HLN just reported the defense has filed another mistrial motion. I think it's just another thing they do because they have to do a good job defending her.

As for what will she say? I think she'll blame Travis while spewing more vile lies about him, she'll blame the family for convincing him to stay away from her, she might even have words for the jury.

Anyway, it will be interesting.

Good Morning, Steely! :seeya:

Attention Please!

Let's remember the rule on trial threads, no photos except courtroom. Preferably thumb nail size if you can.

Also, please remember NO name calling!

TIA you all, this is the final inning. It's been a longgggggggg road.

Bless the Alexander family.

fran

‏@********* 14s

http://www.womenshelterlb.org
Call our 24-Hour Hotline at 562-437-4663
donate directly to them here
http://www.womenshelterlb.org/donateNow.php #jodiarias

Camille Kimball ‏@CamilleKimball 20s
Turns out it is fantastic sitting next to Dennis the Cameraman-spare headphones! No more a slave to bad acoustics in here... #JodiArias

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 35s

Willmott shuffles some papers around while Nurmi reclinates and reads over some paperwork. #JodiArias has not arrived yet.

IMO, this motion is a cover for the real issue from Nurmi. The only real threat that witness felt was realizing that JM had the right to question & rebut her testimony. She decided it wasn't worth it, I think. It's not as if she was anonymous before as a friend to jaCK, so why the supposed threats now?

I think so too. I'm not even sure if the death threats are real. I can totally see her either lying or being in cahoots with those who believe CMJA "innocent" making fake death threats to get rid of this jury.

I think it's more likely that PW realized the #$%& storm she was about to step into and thought there was no way she wanted JM to be able to prove her a liar too, so she backed out or conveniently used "death threats" as an excuse. Which the defense promptly filed to try to use to their advantage.

I don't this this should be allowed to derail a trial. Otherwise, what's to stop every single defendant from having people they know issue fake death threats to their witnesses and having every single trial end in a mistrial??

It isn't going to work, CMJA is going down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie