SIDEBAR #8- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised more questions were not asked to FJA by the juror(s) if the juror(s) felt that way.

I tend to think by not allowing her family members to plead for her life may have worked in the killers favor, by making abuse by her parents seem more likely.

I am sure the jurors didn't know the whole story there.
I do hope they will watch the interviews Flores did with them.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Hi LambChop - wanted to say that I enjoy reading your posts, & at times I catch myself saying out loud "exactly!" with the many valid points you make.

Re: the attic issue mentioned above - I never could figure out what lie(s) she wanted everyone to believe about Travis' attic. Do you have time to summarize your opinion of what that was about? TIA

Re the attic issue:

Remember how much Jodi liked to embellish all her stories, add litle details to her lies to make them seem beleivable? Well the pedophile story started with Jodi going over to TA's to help him put Christmas decorations away IN THE ATTIC and that's when he allegedly gave her the angel and she forgot it so she found him doing nothing in his bedrooms so had to make up the pedophile story.........

When Flores was on the stand in rebuttal he mentioned something in response to a question from JM about the attic. One of his juror questions had to do with "was there ever any evidence of anything inthe attic? (no) Were there christmas decorations up there? (no) Was it built so one could walk around up ther (not really)

So some observant juror remembered the oh-so-cleverly-crafted lie from months back and asked the questions.

I bet in that juror's mind that pretty much put an end to the pedohile bullfeces. And a lot more.

So I'm not the one you were asking, but I was so impressed by that juror question and the memory that I remembered it.

Totally agree, LambChop. No abuse by Travis or the parents was proven whatsoever. And in addition to that, I personally believe that it's illogical to believe that it occured. Not a dig at anybody, just my opinion.

Furthermore, I feel that it was very much proven that Jodi was the abuser.

It's just such a hotspot with so many people, that I see why defense teams use it.

I do wonder if at some point in our future, we will start to see states change their laws about what defense teams can argue at trial. It has gotten SO out of hand what they are allowed to say without any corroboration.

Wendy Murphy has an astute, incisive commentary on the ethics of this:

http://wendymurphylaw.com/jodi-hannibal-lecter-arias/

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
You circled the drain a few times, but yes, I get what you mean. :floorlaugh:
I understand.
My feelings are based on his family too.
I feel horrible for the torture and pain Travis went through.
I feel horrible JA has absolutely no remorse.
It's horrible that she was allowed to drag his name through the mud with ZERO proof of many of the things she said.
It is horrible the family's life has been so upturned to try to get justice for their loved ones.
I pray for them a lot. I'm glad they have each other.
She not only took Travis from them. She has forced AWFUL images into the forefront of their minds each time they think of their brother.
I pray when this ends they will be able to shove JA out of their lives and minds and focus on the wonderful memories of Travis.

Phew! So glad you got it! lol :floorlaugh:

I agree with you 100% though. I really do. I often wonder how they've been able to hold up under all of this. I bet if we told them that they were strong, they would probably feel as if they aren't as strong as they look, but they are. I don't think I could live through what they've gone through, personally. I have so much respect for them.

IIRC, Flores responded to a juror question about the attic. Jodi testified that she had come over invited by (aka she just dropped in) Travis Jan 20 to help store Christmas decorations in the attic. Flores was asked by the juror if anything was found in the attic during the search and there was nothing stored in the attic. It further disproved the pedophile claim that while putting up the decorations, he gave her an angel, which she forgot. She claimed when she returned unannounced to get it she caught him with the pic of the little boy. Then when arguing the next day he broke her finger

Flores also said that the opening to the attic was in a small closet. So it was not Travis' large closet.

Can you believe that this chick thinks she is capable of writing books? Talk about your plot holes.

You would think the fact that 99.9% of people don't believe the "stories" she has already told might be a clue that she shouldn't pursue that career!

Flores also said that the opening to the attic was in a small closet. So it was not Travis' large closet.

My bad. I thought at one point JA said that that was when she saw the gun.
LOL... It's all a blur now. He never had a gun so...

Now this makes me wonder. Travis was a business man. I have never heard if he "sold" JA his car was there any type of written agreement ?
Would we even know ?

Just a thought -doesn't really matter now I guess.

Eta: people are like furniture to BPD's. They can drop them as if they never had even met them. JA speaks about her "reputation" in Flores interview and even after she was found guilty, maybe it wasn't that no one else could have him.
She silenced him. Ugg who knows...

This was the Mercedes that she ruined by towing it without considering the transmission. People commented that he didn't get all that upset. It turns out that he had sold it to JA. She told Flores, I believe, that he gave her very good terms, I think it was $100 per month.

We have all been speculating what the awful thing was that Jodi did. I have thought it was something to do with PPL because Travis threatened to tell Chris Hughes, her upline. It may have been the car. That she broke it and is refusing to pay for it--or taking the payments out of his account and then writing him a check for the money to make it look like she was paying him.

Travis said in a text, "You scammed me." This would fit that description.

Great points!

Which makes me wonder, if abuse was the issue for the life jurors, then why didn't the jurors bring in and pore over all the testimony relevant to it so they could discuss?

I don't think they believed she was physically or sexually abused by him. They just mentioned that some of the holdouts believed she was abused in childhood and abused VERBALLY by Travis.

I have to wonder however--if they are going to give her mitigation points for the verbal abuse, what do they feel about her LYING about the pedophilia and physical abuse? Was there any outrage about that?

My bad. I thought at one point JA said that that was when she saw the gun.
LOL... It's all a blur now. He never had a gun so...

She gave two stories for seeing the gun. One was she found out when dusting the closet shelves or some such BS. The other was that Travis showed her the gun himself when he took it down from the closet and left the house with it. Jodi screws herself up with those stories though because she claims that Travis told her it was NOT loaded. Then she had to backtrack and say that he told her later on that it was loaded at some point. However, at the time that she "reached up for the gun on the top of the shelf in the closet" she had no idea if it was loaded or not and assumed that it was not loaded.

Most of the time when you look at her whole story put all together instead of the bits and pieces that she shells out at different times it is very easy to spot the obvious lie in them.

MOO

I don't think they believed she was physically or sexually abused by him. They just mentioned that some of the holdouts believed she was abused in childhood and abused VERBALLY by Travis.

I have to wonder however--if they are going to give her mitigation points for the verbal abuse, what do they feel about her LYING about the pedophilia and physical abuse? Was there any outrage about that?

Personally I feel that the holdouts thought this when it came to Jodi's lies about Travis...........

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrrz54UtkCc"]Cell Block Tango - YouTube[/ame]

At this moment I'm so thankful that the jury got it right in the death verdict for the piece of slime that bought, raped and murdered Shaniya Davis. I will forever remember the photo of the murdering rapist holding this tiny little girl at the elevator at the hotel where he raped her. Jury took 39 minutes to come back with a death sentence.

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2013/05/29/1260002?sac=fo.local

Thank God he will never walk free again. What a monster.

Hope this isn't a repeat, but Tara says she thinks Travis was so mad because he found out that Jodi planned to blackmail him with the sex tape.

Re the attic issue:

Remember how much Jodi liked to embellish all her stories, add litle details to her lies to make them seem beleivable? Well the pedophile story started with Jodi going over to TA's to help him put Christmas decorations away IN THE ATTIC and that's when he allegedly gave her the angel and she forgot it so she found him doing nothing in his bedrooms so had to make up the pedophile story.........

When Flores was on the stand in rebuttal he mentioned something in response to a question from JM about the attic. One of his juror questions had to do with "was there ever any evidence of anything inthe attic? (no) Were there christmas decorations up there? (no) Was it built so one could walk around up ther (not really)

So some observant juror remembered the oh-so-cleverly-crafted lie from months back and asked the questions.

I bet in that juror's mind that pretty much put an end to the pedohile bullfeces. And a lot more.

So I'm not the one you were asking, but I was so impressed by that juror question and the memory that I remembered it.

Also, in her rambling explanation, she made it sound like Travis was waiting for her to come help him with the decorations because he needed help putting them in the attic. So she was doing him this big favor.

Travis had two male roommates. I highly doubt that he was relying upon her to
'help him' lift the boxes into the attic. JMO

Wendy Murphy has an astute, incisive commentary on the ethics of this:

http://wendymurphylaw.com/jodi-hannibal-lecter-arias/

I share Wendy Murphy's point of view on how the males were manipulated during this trial. I posted this early in the sex testimony that the males were most likely sitting there fantasizing about Jodi's talents. Nurmi is very much aware of how powerful this testimony could be.

I believe when JA went into the attic is when she allegedly saw the gun.
I also heard she found it when cleaning for him.
IMO. She needed the attic story to explain how she saw the gun.
No gun. No pedophilia. No attic storage.
jmo

Jodi mentioned the attic because Travis had wanted her to come over and help him put the Christmas decorations away in the attic in mid January. Now this is what I believe was stated, that Travis had given her an angel tree top to as a gift and she had forgotten it (presumably after working so hard to put the decorations up in the attic). So she returned to find Travis on the computer or in his room with pictures on the bed in an uncompromising position that caused her great distress. I will have to go back and check but I believe this is what that was all about. Turns out she was working that day so it never happened and since the attic was EMPTY when LE went up there I guess we can presume she lied. I don't believe she ever mentioned seeing the gun at that time. Gun came later.

ETA: On the timeline thread, post #668 is a transcript of Jodi's testimony about the attic, helping Travis with the Christmas decorations and finding him looking at the pictures. It is all there. Please take a look and read the whole post. Very enlightening. It never happened and JM pointed that out to the jury. The fact there was nothing, Christmas decorations or otherwise in that attic proves she lied. She was working that day and was texting Travis that she did not get off until 6pm. She had his car and he had to get a ride to Family night which started at 7pm. It never happened. So if it never happened there was no reason for Travis to have lost his temper over it the following day and kick her.

Phew! So glad you got it! lol :floorlaugh:

I agree with you 100% though. I really do. I often wonder how they've been able to hold up under all of this. I bet if we told them that they were strong, they would probably feel as if they aren't as strong as they look, but they are. I don't think I could live through what they've gone through, personally. I have so much respect for them.

If this was my family I might be asking if we didn't want to take our closure now and drop the second DP trial. It's months and months of more stress and even then,t here is no guaranantee. And DP "closure" doesn't come for years and many many appeals. If at all.

This article says 2 out of 3 DPs are overturned on appeal and only 18% of those retried get the DP again. So half of those who get death get it overturned for good.

http://partners.nytimes.com/library/national/061200death-penalty.html

Walking away from that evil thing and saying "we're done with you" might be the worst punishment next to DP. She thinks of herself as part of that family in her sick sick way, the grandmother comments during allocution showed me that.

Not being personally involved it's easier to say "is this really worth it?" but only the family can answer that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot