Mistrial, Hung Jury - Raven Abaroa Murder in the 1st

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Don't we all from the Cooper trial. :lol:

Gosh, isn't that the truth. There were so many people on here that thought he was innocent that the mods were having to monitor every word. I don't think I've seen a mod in this Abaroa thread not once. Unless one removed some of my cursing earlier today when they first announce the hung jury.

What does Raven have in NC, besides an 11-1 for guilty, to think about everyday?

He is a flight risk IMO

The Brad Cooper trial. :scared: I saw a few old names in my 'ignore file' from that one. That was a rough one, I got put in time out. :banghead::please::jail:

:lol: It was a badge of honor, wasn't it, to get a time out in that trial.

I was thinking, like KarYn, he may be part of the family. haha

I'll definitely be here for the next round to see Raven go down.

Hope you'll be here for the Grant Hayes trial upcoming too. And if they ever get around to trying that Jonathan guy for murdering Teghan Skiba, his girlfriends four year old little girl. Was his name Jonathan Richardson??

I will admit, I'm unhappy.

But I have hope. I'd rather see a mistrial and the case retried (so they still have a shot at this) than to see him acquitted and go free.

Justice for Janet may take a little longer than any of us wanted ... but it's still possible ... and I'll be grateful for that.

PS. Donna Jackson is my hero. (Camera caught her comforting Janet's fam ... giving them hope, lifting them up w/her words).

So agree. Rather have this than a CA type verdict. JY took a second trial for conviction....I have faith that justice will come

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I am constantly amazed that circumstantial evidence gets such a bad rap. The judge tells them in instructions, they are to be given the same weight.
Because there is usually no video tape of the crime, it seems many today want to see absolute proof. I wish the courts could somehow better define "reasonable doubt" for the jurors. I think letting each define it for themselves is iffy at best. And this is even before they start deliberating.
This was such a logical, common sense kind of case. Are we getting too lazy to think things through these days? Eleven of them figured it out, I guess.
If there WERE absolute proof, most cases would be plead out - never even making it to a trial.
I wouldn't badger the hold out. I would just love to know what they got stuck on. I hope at least Char has a chance to talk to him/her to see if the problem area can be presented more clearly next time. Cuz next time, Raven will get what he deserves. And Janet's family can start to heal.

What does Raven have in NC, besides an 11-1 for guilty, to think about everyday?

He is a flight risk IMO

Because he has nowhere in NC to go (at least legit), no way Hudson allows him outside of Durham and with a ankle bracelet.. Definitely a flight risk. The guy has proven to be very shady.
With that, it is probably doubtful bail will be lowered substantially, if at all.

He is a flight risk IMO

Maybe he's thinking about how stupid he is. I hope so, and I hope it's the first thing on his mind each morning when he wakes and the last thing he thinks about before his elusive sleep.

Because he has nowhere in NC to go (at least legit), no way Hudson allows him outside of Durham and with a ankle bracelet.. Definitely a flight risk. The guy has proven to be very shady.
With that, it is probably doubtful bail will be lowered substantially, if at all.

I hope Judge Hudson has a feel for how shady the rest of his family are too. I have a strong feeling that they would do everything they could to facilitate a quick trip to Mexico for him.

I'm so sad for Janet's family. So sorry they have to wait for justice and do this again. I have faith the next trail will lead to conviction. RA is a dangerous man who should not be free. So sad....

Oh boy, this is really disappointing. I really hope for good things on the mistrial. One hold out? 8 years this guy has escaped the net?

My DH is a soccer nut and has spent oodles of $$$ at Eurosport... it makes Raven extra creepy for me.

I'm so sorry for the family...

The Brad Cooper trial. :scared: I saw a few old names in my 'ignore file' from that one. That was a rough one, I got put in time out. :banghead::please::jail:

I didn't but somehow I got lucky and they overlooked a few of my remarks. I think almost everybody got put in time out during that trial. I am still in touch with a few people from back then.

I have been watching this trial, though I haven't had much to say. I do believe he's guilty, and I'm glad he'll be retried. I'll be watching it, and hoping there is justice for Janet.

The tragedy of it all is the child.

Channel 11 said they were going to have juror remarks at 6:00. At least I think that's what was said.

Channel 11 said they were going to have juror remarks at 6:00. At least I think that's what was said.

Ah Ha!! I hope so, I am very interested in seeing what is said. Thanks for the heads up!!!

I have been watching this trial, though I haven't had much to say. I do believe he's guilty, and I'm glad he'll be retried. I'll be watching it, and hoping there is justice for Janet.

The tragedy of it all is the child.

When the retrial starts, please don't be shy. We will welcome you and your thoughts!

I was just loving on my dogs telling them how good they'd been all day while I've sat, now it's been 9 hours straight, here at the computer. Walked into another room and discovered they haven't been good at all. I thought they were asleep but at some point they tore up a bed pillow and made a puddle in the middle of the floor.

Derek Rowles ‏@DerekRowles 16m
#AbaroaTrial Jury Foreman talks to #ABC11 NEW at 6pm .. tune in to hear what he says about the deadlock - 11 Guilty 1 Not Guilty
Retweeted by ABC11 WTVD

Tamara Gibbs ABC11 ‏@TGibbsABC11 1m
Janet Abaroa's family talks to #ABC11 Eyewitness News about mistrial. Live report @ 6! #AbaroaTrial
Retweeted by ABC11 WTVD

Derek Rowles ‏@DerekRowles 3m
#BreakingNews -- Janet Abaroa's family tells #ABC11 "we obviously would've liked a conviction, but we are pleased it was that close." #ABC11
Retweeted by ABC11 WTVD

https://twitter.com/abc11_wtvd

I hope Judge Hudson has a feel for how shady the rest of his family are too. I have a strong feeling that they would do everything they could to facilitate a quick trip to Mexico for him.

and we would just love to send him back. My fellow citizens do not much like wife killers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb
Back