LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Namus site:
Driving vehicle, car went into small ditch on side of the road. As he
tried to correct vehicle, the vehicle turned over and rested upside down.

It doesn't seem like he would have suffered any serious injury. I am assuming
the description of the accident may have been from what he told his brother.

It is worth noting:
http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/Fam...ing-after-River-Road-car-crash-123699169.html
Brett said he spoke with Shane by phone moments after the crash and
that Shane said he wasn’t injured. Brett immediately drove to the scene, but
said his brother was nowhere to be found.

"When we arrived, there was a few police officers on the scene, some
ambulances, fire department, and nobody had seen him when they arrived,”
Brett Fell said. “They asked us if we knew where he was, and we
didn't.”
I am surprised that all of the emergency crews were there. I am very curious
as to who called them.

I posted in the IUD forum but not here that Shane was ruled out from being the IUD I refered to above.

Hoping one day Shane's family will get answers.

Just reading on this case for the first time tonight and I must say it really bugs me. I noticed there were a few map references on this thread.
This user has 5 videos uploaded on YouTube showing the area better:
http://www.youtube.com/user/rb0725/videos?view=0&flow=grid

It would definitely make sense that if they were at a daiquiri shop, he was more than likely drinking. He obviously wasn't the one who called the police, so it must have been his brother. The curve is infamous for accidents so the police knew exactly where it was, put on the sirens and headed that way. Shane hears the sirens and hides out. Now in one of the videos, the guy mentions there were rail cars in one of the abandoned buildings. I wonder if there are railroad tracks in the area?? If there are tracks, hopping a train would be the ideal way for him to flee (if for whatever reason he felt he needed to do so.)

Well I guess nix some of what I said, just saw the preview for the Unexplained. Does anyone know if this is available in full episode anywhere online?

I posted in the IUD forum but not here that Shane was ruled out from being the IUD I refered to above.

Hoping one day Shane's family will get answers.

Do you remember James Dugan?

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2011/05/body_of_man_missing_after_fall.html

He was sitting on a dock over the river and it collapsed under him. Texas EquuSearch was able to locate James’ body but, sadly, was unable to retrieve him.

Shane’s case reminded me of James Dugan.

I believe if Shane went into the river his body eventually would have been found. I think it would have washed-up somewhere or his body would have been snagged by a stump in the batcher (tree-lined swampy area between levee and river).

Shane didn’t disappear into thin air which leads me to think someone else is involved in his disappearance. Perhaps someone stopped to give him a ride before his brother arrived to pick him up.

Very perplexing case.

I get the impression TexasEquusearch didn't think Shane was in the river.

His brother found one of his shoes. Maybe either:
- Shane was disoriented, walked away/hid from police, EMT, etc, and then met up with someone with nefarious intentions (or person with nefarious intentions got to him before LE & EMTs got there)
- Shane was disoreinted, walked away/hid from police, EMT, etc. and has a head injury that caused him to wander off; he is living somewhere, somehow in a state of confusion/amnesia/etc

I just can't get over his brother finding his one shoe in the mud near his car. If he was in his right mind/not disoriented and for some reason fleeing the scene of the accident of his own accord (to not get a DUI or something), it seems like he wouldn't have lost his shoe or would have taken a second to retrieve it if it fell off.

The shoe in the mud: Shane may have been trying to walk away from someone (other than LE/EMT) quickly which caused him to lose his shoe and therefore not having the time to retrieve it. Perhaps he was trying to get away from someone(s) looking to rob him? He was in a vulnerable state since he was just involved in a car accident.

Have any of you seen the episode of the UneXplained covering Shane's story? I would imagine it contains answers to some of my questions

* Was there any evidence in the car that indicated he may have suffered head injury? Was he wearing a seat belt? Any blood anywhere?

* Has information regarding cell tower pings ever been released? Did his phone register on any tower beyond the one from the last call he placed? Were phone calls going straight to voicemail or ring with no answer?

*Anything significant about his past, lifestyle, relationships etc?

I am optimistic that Shane is out there somewhere.

:bump: for some new eyes on Shane's case.

Such a puzzling case. Even if he walked away from the accident to avoid police, he would have contacted family members afterwards. I wish I had more insight or information but I don't. But I am interested in the case and hope that there can be some kind of resolution somehow. In the meantime, all we can do it to bump up the thread and keep it going.

in this video clip, the dad says it took the brother 8-10 minutes to get to the accident after he spoke with him and LE, etc was there, but Shane was not.

im still getting caught up, but at what point did Shanes phone stop pinging/turn off?

http://www.biography.com/tv/the-une...earance-at-dead-mans-curve-preview-2262366970

I can't seem to find any clear information on this in the media or elsewhere. The best answer I can find comes from www.helpfindshanefell.com, the website Shane's family runs. This is on the website's FAQ page:

Have the police tried to contact the cell phone carrier?

Yes, although his phone doesn't support GPS, the cell phone carrier has been contacted with regard to pinging cell towers.

http://helpfindshanefell.com/v2/?page_id=15

The website hasn't been updated much lately, but the FB has (not so much with new info, but with new posts). You can visit the FB page at https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindShaneFell1?ref=stream.
I can't find a definitive answer about the pings and where they led (if they led anywhere or if the phone was even able to be pinged after his conversation with Brett or when/if the phone went dead) on the FB page, either.

This link will bring you to a local radio interview that Shane's brother Brett did with Terrilynn Monette's mother (Terrilyn was a NO area teacher that was missing for months & eventually found deceased in her car in Bayou St. John...Terrilynn was still missing when they did this interview in April). Brett starts talking about 8 minutes into the audio.

http://audio.wwl.com/a/73035732/4-5...ilynn-monette-s-mother-about-her-daughter.htm

I can't believe after 2 years his thread is only on page 2.

8 minutes, and then when he got there, emergency vehicles were already there??? Then it's more like a 5 minute window from the time Shane called Brent and Shane disappeared. 5 minutes. Had he walked away, he could have still been in the area. Maybe that's why he ran, when he saw the police or emergency vehicles. He had been drinking and didn't want to get a DUI. That explains why he might have left.

But it doesn't explain why he's still gone. Wondering if he hid out somewhere to cool his jets and get the heat off, then something else happened to him, which is why he hasn't been heard from since. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk