IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had numerous maps/photos posted showing exactly how to get there, and photos of numerous LE vehicles right there only yards away from the two spots where the bodies were found 50ft apart.

But according to the article they DID search part of that park ... just not the part so remote
that you need a National Geographic Guide and some kind of Marine All Terrain vehicle like a
tank (or a swamp boat ?) to get into! I must be way off, somehow. :moo:

The vegetation was very long in the area.

I think what he means is, a car didn't drive them in there.

Which I have always taken to mean, the girls walked/ran in.

I cannot see anyone wading so deep into the scrub while carrying a dead weight, or a struggling one for that matter.

:cow:

Praying still that the girl's killer will be found and charged.

They just didn't see the girls. Human beings and all. No one would even suspect that area. This pic haunts me.

LyricElizabethFoundTreeCircle.jpg

What was the answer to why there was a spot on one of the sheets covering one of the girls? tia

I've heard doctors bag etc...Has the press written about it?

What was the answer to why there was a spot on one of the sheets covering one of the girls? tia

I've heard doctors bag etc...Has the press written about it?

I never saw anything written about it. It could be a tech's bag, or something used to hold the sheet in place.

It's just so horrible that Lyric and Lizzie wound up in this desolate spot.

It's 4:48 am here, just went outside and it's like dawn out because of the super moon. Cool birds out singing and hollaring. A new dude..never heard this one before.

RIP. kids should never die young. Ever or again.

IIRC, he was one of 3 paper boys that went missing?

Yes one of three boys you are right, with Johnny, he normally asked his Dad to help him with his paper route, that day he did not. This also happened with one of the other boys who normally had his brother help him and that day he was alone. One could say it was a coincidence but I am leaning toward thinking that they may have been watched. There are some real wild stories that go along with Johnny's story from cover up, local and government to Johnny being alive after being taken by a pedo ring, to possible involvement by his own father. The mother doesn't even want to give a DNA sample (advised by her lawyer), she is afraid they will use some unidentified body and label it as her son even if it's not, so sad. She has written a book, I have not read it yet but if I get the chance I want to read it. I am interested in knowing if there were any actual persons of interest by LE, who lived on the paper routes, who quickly moved away, who stayed. More interested in who stayed. Someone who was aware that they were filming Johnny's story that day who was upset by this and re-acted to it. This is most likely a coincidence, but when they came back into town to finish filming the story is when our girls were found. That bit of info was on the Iowa cold case site.

I can't find how many deputies are in the Bremer Co. Sheriff's department. The population fluctuates from 23K up to almost 25K, via google. Anyone know how big the sheriff's department is?

I saw no problem with access to where the girl's were located as it was very dry then. Easy road from Readlyn. A truck wouldn't hurt either taking the dirt road back in the park. The road ended just about what a few hundred or so yards or or less from their location?

A few reporters and locals had traveled back there & posted/reported about it.

jmo

Vegitation probably was the problem, imo.

I agree Dr. Know, but how many times do we see searchers out looking in heavily vegitated areas on horseback, quads, foot, etc. No, where the girls were found was not attainable by vehicle, quad perhaps and most definitely by foot. There was a walking trail visible from the air from the former camping area. I don't have the link handy, but 7-Bridges was being mentioned as early as 07/21/12 as a place to search. Or at least it was on a social networking site. I call bull hockey on Bremer Co's sherriff's statement/song and dance about why 7-Bridges was not thoroughly searched. If they had publicly asked for help in searching 7-Bridges, I think the girls would have been found sooner. :moo:

It's 4:48 am here, just went outside and it's like dawn out because of the super moon. Cool birds out singing and hollaring. A new dude..never heard this one before.

RIP. kids should never die young. Ever or again.

Amazing! Love hearing the birds! Missed my red-wing black bird in migration this year! Usually see at least one at my feeders : (

No one, young, old or in-between should have to die from a monster that has no business living among the free society!

Thank you for whoever provided the link to Iowacoldcases.org.

I spent the day there yesterday. :(

This one stood out to me...a little girl murdered in small town Iowa, which was essentially covered up by everyone, including LE.

I have often wondered if a similar dynamic is at work in Evansdale...

In February 2010, Eileen and her brother established the “Valerie Peterson Memorial Justice Scholarship” at the Manson Northwest Webster Junior/Senior High School for a Manson high school student who planned to study and make a career in law enforcement, criminal forensics or law. The Petersons received no applications. Parents in a town where everyone knew everything but no one knew anything didn’t want to make waves or have their own children dredging up a community’s unfortunate past.

http://iowacoldcases.org/case-summaries/valerie-peterson/

This little girl's death was in 1971. Nearly 40 years later, the town still doesn't want to know. Shades of Evansdale....?

:stormingmad:

:cow:

SOMETHING is going on with this case. Agree with me or not...my hinky meter is off the charts...and I trust my gut on stuff like this.

There is a coverup SOMEWHERE along the line. May be small...may be large, but there is just something not right with this case.

I just have this sick to my gut feeling that someone in LE knows something and they are covering for someone. No idea who, or why...but I just can't shake this feeling that SOMEHOW there is a connection to LE with this case. Be it a drug connection, family member, etc...it just isn't right.

:facepalm:

Yes one of three boys you are right, with Johnny, he normally asked his Dad to help him with his paper route, that day he did not. This also happened with one of the other boys who normally had his brother help him and that day he was alone. One could say it was a coincidence but I am leaning toward thinking that they may have been watched. There are some real wild stories that go along with Johnny's story from cover up, local and government to Johnny being alive after being taken by a pedo ring, to possible involvement by his own father. The mother doesn't even want to give a DNA sample (advised by her lawyer), she is afraid they will use some unidentified body and label it as her son even if it's not, so sad. She has written a book, I have not read it yet but if I get the chance I want to read it. I am interested in knowing if there were any actual persons of interest by LE, who lived on the paper routes, who quickly moved away, who stayed. More interested in who stayed. Someone who was aware that they were filming Johnny's story that day who was upset by this and re-acted to it. This is most likely a coincidence, but when they came back into town to finish filming the story is when our girls were found. That bit of info was on the Iowa cold case site.

I wonder if there were any threats made, either to the people producing the story or even perhaps to Johnny's mother - don't do this story or there will be consequences. . . Just pondering! I agree there are an awful lot of coincidences in the girls' case and it does nothing to settle my nerves about who did this is still out there and very, very active.

SOMETHING is going on with this case. Agree with me or not...my hinky meter is off the charts...and I trust my gut on stuff like this.

There is a coverup SOMEWHERE along the line. May be small...may be large, but there is just something not right with this case.

I just have this sick to my gut feeling that someone in LE knows something and they are covering for someone. No idea who, or why...but I just can't shake this feeling that SOMEHOW there is a connection to LE with this case. Be it a drug connection, family member, etc...it just isn't right.

:facepalm:

Yep, yep, yep! I agree with you at all levels! This puzzle is missing a huge piece. Who's hiding it? :banghead:

Yep, yep, yep! I agree with you at all levels! This puzzle is missing a huge piece. Who's hiding it? :banghead:

too small of a town for someone not to know something.
too remote as well; both the abduction area and where they were found.
plus a friday in the summer in the middle of the day.
that has always bugged me from the beginning.

I agree, the puzzle is missing a huge piece; RSO & stealth predator M.J. Klunder..

Imo, there could have not have been a more accurate script depicting perceived hypothesis, written for an investigation into two missing girls that vanished while riding their bicycles on a warm summer day..
'All indicators pointed to an abduction by a stranger sexual predator from day one, imo'..

Weeks after L & L vanished, the FBI spokesperson said they were confident that the girls were still alive.. It was five months before the investigation was changed from a missing persons to a homicide..due to the antiquated silence strategy, the tunnel visioned focus on the family, and jurisdictional linkage blindness..imo..

http://www.kcrg.com/home/top-9/Poli...Lyric--Elizabeth-182562641.html?m=y&smobile=y

Black Hawk County Sheriff Tony Thompson said investigators would be deliberate in pursuing the case of Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins, who were 10 and 8 when they disappeared in Evansdale in July. Hunters stumbled upon two bodies believed to be Cook and Collins in a wooded wildlife area some 25 miles away on Wednesday.

Thompson said it could take "several weeks" for their autopsies to be complete and the results to be made public.

"We're going to be extremely meticulous and we're not going to apologize for that," he said a phone interview with The Associated Press. "We've got an opportunity to find a killer."

After nearly five months of chasing tips and theories about the girls' whereabouts, Thompson said police "finally have something credible. We finally have something we can sink our teeth into" in the high-profile case.

I agree, the puzzle is missing a huge piece; RSO & stealth predator M.J. Klunder..

Imo, there could have not have been a more accurate script depicting perceived hypothesis, written for an investigation into two missing girls that vanished while riding their bicycles on a warm summer day..
'All indicators pointed to an abduction by a stranger sexual predator from day one, imo'..

Weeks after L & L vanished, the FBI spokesperson said they were confident that the girls were still alive.. It was five months before the investigation was changed from a missing persons to a homicide..due to the antiquated silence strategy, the tunnel visioned focus on the family, and jurisdictional linkage blindness..imo..

http://www.kcrg.com/home/top-9/Poli...Lyric--Elizabeth-182562641.html?m=y&smobile=y

Black Hawk County Sheriff Tony Thompson said investigators would be deliberate in pursuing the case of Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins, who were 10 and 8 when they disappeared in Evansdale in July. Hunters stumbled upon two bodies believed to be Cook and Collins in a wooded wildlife area some 25 miles away on Wednesday.

Thompson said it could take "several weeks" for their autopsies to be complete and the results to be made public.

"We're going to be extremely meticulous and we're not going to apologize for that," he said a phone interview with The Associated Press. "We've got an opportunity to find a killer."

After nearly five months of chasing tips and theories about the girls' whereabouts, Thompson said police "finally have something credible. We finally have something we can sink our teeth into" in the high-profile case.

I personally don't fall into the "MK did this" camp. :(

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_6f1dc2ea-40bf-11e2-9db0-0019bb2963f4.html

Sheriff: Discovery of bodies will aid investigation

Wednesday’s discovery at Seven Bridges Wildlife Area by hunters has allowed authorities to narrow their focus, Thompson said.

“We spent five and a half months working every lead from a pop bottle cap to somebody with a divining rod. We’re finally at a position where we’ve got some tangible evidence, some credible evidence that we can move on,” Thompson said.

On Friday, authorities rounded out their third day in the investigation’s new chapter with some 50 officers on the scene documenting clues at 7 Bridges, a 125-acre wildlife area in rural Bremer County.

The entire park, accessible by a gravel road, remained closed to the public, and Capt. Rick Abben said law enforcement may hold the scene until Monday, if not longer.

A few indicators as to MJK being responsible for L & L's abduction/murder, imo.

Convicted sexual predator RSO MJ Klunder's abduction of a pair of child victims only 100 miles away and 10 months from the disappearance of L & L. Prior conviction for abducting another pair of children over 2 decades ago. Multiple violent sexual assaults, attempted abductions, and abductions of females for decades..

MJ Klunder's familiarity with Bremer County and other probable ties to the Black Hawk County area.
Purses found in a deflecting manner near bodies of water in K & D as well as L & L's abduction..
Multiple police jurisdictions utilized in both abductions..
Homicide of victims in both abductions(L & L & K) D escaped..
Known grass mowing ruse used in K & D's abduction & likely ruse used in L & L's abduction, imo.
Pre-planned safe haven; 2nd hidden location to perform his evil deeds and for the disposal of the victim's bodies.
Location of deceased victims indicating a familiarity with forensic destruction and increased scavenger activity by coyotes, feral pigs, etc..

(Please feel free to add other links and indicators to MJK being responsible for L & L's abduction/murder)

Imo, MJK was a very violent rage filled sadistic psychopath who had honed his skills for decades, yet although a registered sex offender & child predator was oblivious to law enforcement. If not for DH; a 15 year old courageous innocent victim, MJK would be hunting his next unsuspecting victims to devour, imo..

Would you please provide an example of how "jurisdictional linkage blindness" comes into play in Lyric and Lizzie's case?

Also, please note that LE has never officially said this case involves homicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89