OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoted from the above link, hmm not sure I like the sound of that.

agreed and along with

“Well it’s been really tough on me to say the least. I miss her very much, the animals miss her, and as each day goes by it just continues to get more and more hopeless,” said Ames

focusing on himself is not a good sign IMO

agreed and along with

“Well it’s been really tough on me to say the least. I miss her very much, the animals miss her, and as each day goes by it just continues to get more and more hopeless,” said Ames

focusing on himself is not a good sign IMO

If the TV station ever gets around to posting the video interview they showed on the news last night so I can link it here, you will pick up on this even more. Sort of a casual attitude, arms folded tightly across chest, pointing the blame toward someone else (big red flag to me), repeatedly saying he's "baffled" by her disappearance (an unemotional expression he used earlier in a phone interview). Just strange. I realize people react differently to a crisis, and maybe I'm just cynical, but I had to go back and watch it again because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The boyfriend is around 60 and his son is in his 30's probably. The son did most of the talking, so at first I thought he was the boyfriend.

JMO

I did some mapping this morning of places with some connection to Stephanie's disappearance. Just the facts.

Stephanie's boyfriend, Lennie Ames, says that he last saw her at the Ruch Country Store around 5:00 pm July 4. Stephanie's house is 2.3 miles (3 minutes) from the store. Her car was found at home. Nothing suspicious. Dogs did not pick up her scent, so she must not have walked away, but left in a car.

Lennie Ames lives 11.8 miles (16 minutes) away from Stephanie on Upper Applegate Road. I haven't been out that way in years, but it's more remote than Stephanie's house, which is right on the main two lane rural highway. I don't know how far off the road Ames' place is, but this is wild country.

Ames lives 5.9 miles (7 minutes) from Applegate Lake. This is a popular destination for camping and boating, especially over the July 4 weekend. The shoreline is 18.5 miles (29.8 km), average depth 83 feet (25 m), maximum depth 225 feet (65m). Applegate Lake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hope the dogs searched there too. JMO, MOO.

Looks like a really beautiful area around there.
I have been reading stuff on this forum for a while now, sometimes a wonder why, it gets me down. Anyway the point I'm trying to get to is most of the threads here are USA based, it is such a beautiful country, such diversity and gorgeous nature and landscape. Have been there a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Such a shame lots of people go missing and get murdered, It happens elsewhere I know, very sad for humanity. Sorry rambling and off topic, just expressing thoughts that came into my head.
Hope Stephanie is found alive and well.

Looks like a really beautiful area around there.
I have been reading stuff on this forum for a while now, sometimes a wonder why, it gets me down. Anyway the point I'm trying to get to is most of the threads here are USA based, it is such a beautiful country, such diversity and gorgeous nature and landscape. Have been there a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Such a shame lots of people go missing and get murdered, It happens elsewhere I know, very sad for humanity. Sorry rambling and off topic, just expressing thoughts that came into my head.
Hope Stephanie is found alive and well.

Thank you for writing this Ellie. The violence seems so out of sync with the beauty. I'm sure I'm not alone here in sharing your sadness.

From personal experience and observation, I know that many people move to these wild and beautiful places looking for a little piece of paradise. Unfortunately, people who want to live without law far away from LE move there too. We once lived in a gorgeous rural area in Northern California, but we moved away almost 30 years ago because of the drug-related crime. Sadly, I think it's similar out where Stephanie lives. Even though heroin and meth are flooding into our area on the Interstate highway, I feel somewhat safer in a small town neighborhood with a police department two minutes away than I would in the rurals. But, as you said, stuff happens everywhere and it's depressing.

All we can do is keep hoping for Stephanie.

Nothing new has made the news locally. The video interview of Stephanie's boyfriend and his son was never posted by the TV station. :( The Jackson County Sheriff Department indicated in one of the articles linked above that they expect movement on the case within days or weeks.

I have been doing a lot of sleuthing online of people associated with her (which I probably shouldn't post details about here since I can't connect it directly to Stephanie's disappearance). I'll just say that it adds to the strange feeling I got when I watched the interview on KOBI5 the other night.

I've also been looking at her and her friends' Facebook pages. I feel so sorry for her friends, most of whom are in New Orleans, where she comes from. Her good friend who was so surprised about her marriage posts every article she can find and is obviously devastated. Interestingly, only two or three of Stephanie's Facebook friends are local and the silence is deafening. I will repost the link to Stephanie's Facebook page so you can look if you want to and draw your own conclusions. https://www.facebook.com/stephanie.warner.927

I wish I could find out who she married. It's not in the public records (I'd have to pay). I just find it very strange that she disappeared within days of her June 30 marriage. It reminds me too much of the 1988 murder for insurance money of Websleuther Katiecoolady's sister Cindy within a few days of her marriage. Follow the money! I'm sure LE is doing that. I did discover in public records that Stephanie owns the house she lives in. The person she owned it with died in 2011 and may have been a relative.

I don't have anything else and I don't want to accidentally violate Websleuths TOA, which I will re-read (or maybe a mod will briefly summarize). I hope LE catches a break soon.

Was looking at her facebook timeline, it appears she may have been playing Texas holdem on 4th July at 6.08pm. Not sure if that is correct but if you put the cursor where it states Stephanie Warner June 12 - July 4 via Texas holdem poker, it comes up with that time.

Was looking at her facebook timeline, it appears she may have been playing Texas holdem on 4th July at 6.08pm. Not sure if that is correct but if you put the cursor where it states Stephanie Warner June 12 - July 4 via Texas holdem poker, it comes up with that time.

That's really interesting Ellie! Good sleuthing! I can't get it to work with my ipad, but can you see what other times she played on July 4? There were three. She also played three times on June 30, the day she got married. Maybe you can check both dates and let us know? I mean, who plays Facebook games on their wedding day?! I'll fire up my laptop later and see what turns up.

I know she would have had to leave her home pretty early in the morning on July 4 if she was going to be in the parade. It starts at 10:15, but the floats, bands, etc gather earlier and it would probably take her close to an hour to get there and find a parking place.

Do we know for sure she got married? Are we just going off a FB post? I mean, how does she have a fiancé if she just got married?

Do we know for sure she got married? Are we just going off a FB post? I mean, how does she have a fiancé if she just got married?

I know, very strange. Personally I think she probably didn't get married (JMO), don't know why she would put it on her FB status though. Stumped on that one....

I know, very strange. Personally I think she probably didn't get married (JMO), don't know why she would put it on her FB status though. Stumped on that one....

Also, her mother (who I believe was the one who reported her missing) made no mention of a recent marriage.

Speaking of her mom, why do you suppose she's been so silent?

You're right. We only have her Facebook post. I just can't see why she would say that and accept congratulations from friends if it weren't true. I'm wondering if she and her boyfriend got married spur of the moment on the quiet. It's to his advantage not to be seen as her husband at this point perhaps, so he still refers to himself as her boyfriend/fiance. Maybe he doesn't know she posted it? Or, maybe she married someone else and he doesn't know. :confused:

She also played three times on June 30, the day she got married. Maybe you can check both dates and let us know? I mean, who plays Facebook games on their wedding day?! I'll fire up my laptop later and see what turns up.
Don't know how to do that...not really savvy with FB, I'll leave it to you.

Also, her mother (who I believe was the one who reported her missing) made no mention of a recent marriage.

Was wondering the same thing myself, do you suppose that LE advised her to be discreet ?

Don't know how to do that...not really savvy with FB, I'll leave it to you.

LOL, I'm not either. And here I thought you were. :) I'll take a look and see if it's easy. At least you established she was happily online at 6:08 pm, probably at home, although she could have been on someone else's computer or her phone I suppose.

I don't have a Facebook account. Just wondering, is there any way for someone other than the person who owns a Facebook page to get in there and post as though they are actually the person?

I think Ellie's right about LE asking her to be discreet. The poor woman! I'd be frantic.

I don't have a Facebook account. Just wondering, is there any way for someone other than the person who owns a Facebook page to get in there and post as though they are actually the person?

I think that would be possible if the account owner hadn't signed out. She could have left her account open so she didn't have to sign in every time.

We don't know if anyone lived at the house with her who might have used it.

JMO, but I think if someone used her Facebook account for sinister reasons, it seems to me they would have kept it "active" longer. If her boyfriend is accurate/truthful that he last saw her at the nearby store around 5:00, it makes sense to me that she got home, played a few games and went out after 6:08 pm. But there's really no way of knowing when she got home or when she left. :sigh:

Just learned about this case tonight. These may be some leads to further sleuth.

YouTube video showing Stephanie Warner at the Ashland, Oregon parade on July 4, 2013. It looks to be mid-day.
Jackson County Fuel Committee - 4th of July Parade, Ashland, 2013 - YouTube Published on Jul 5, 2013 by Peace House

One MSM – KDRV – has two different reporters giving conflicting info of Warner’s last known whereabouts. KDRV Reporter Sharon Ko (Jacksonville Woman Disappears July 4th published July 10, 2013) wrote: “Deputies say 43 year-old Stephanie Warner spent part of the day in Ashland to celebrate the 4th of July and returned back to the Jacksonville area. They say the last person to see her was her boyfriend at the Ruch Country Store around 5 o’clock that evening. Deputies say they parted ways and she went home.” A few days ago, KDRV Reporter Justin Bourke (Boyfriend of Missing Woman Speaks Out published July 23, 2013) claims that Warner’s boyfriend last saw her at the Ashland parade: “Her boyfriend, Lennie Ames, was last seen with Warner at a July Fourth parade in Ashland.”

I’m apt to believe the last time Warner was seen was when it was originally quoted by LE – at Ruch Country Store, approximately 5:00pm, July 4.

According to MSM (KDRV.com in Southern Oregon), Warner’s “boyfriend” is named Lennie Ames. In other MSM he is referred to as Warner’s “fiancé”. Yet, according to her Facebook page, Stephanie Warner was married on June 30, 2013 -- just 4 days before she went missing (this was mentioned by previous posters -- can anyone verify?) This fact could have easily been fact-checked by media and LE in county records – even if the marriage record hadn’t been processed yet, it should have been by now. Both MSN and LE have a duty to get this correct in reporting to the public. Warner's legal marital status is important. A boyfriend is much different than a husband. Someone in that tiny town ought to know.

<modsnip>

So, at this point, I hope LE has focused on electronic forensics. Laptops, logins, cell phone tower pings -- is there a camera mounted on Ruch Country Store? How about inside? What about the structure across from the store? Critter cams around Warner's house or other homes in the area?

Neptune

Yes, the silence is deafening. I'm pretty sure they are father and son too. If KOBI would ever post the video of the interview on Tuesday with Lennie and his son that I referenced earlier, I could confirm visually. He was shaved bald in that interview and no names were given that I recall. As I mentioned, the interview really gave me cause for concern and got me started researching.

Strange that they haven't posted the video don't you think ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow