CA CA - Montebello, Wht/HispFem Skeletal UP11623, 35-55, off bike path, Jul'13

Here's the approximate location: http://goo.gl/maps/5mvU0

It's kind of hard to see, but the Rio Hondo Bike Path is marked on the map as a green dotted line. The path runs along the streets there, and the photo clearly shows a separate path, so I suspect this isn't the exact location. If you look just north, across W. Avenida de la Merced, there's a narrow trail that looks more likely to me. Here's the map zoomed in on that area: http://goo.gl/maps/yCp2I

The big building complex occupying the 900 block appears to be a church complex.

So it sounds like the remains couldn't have been there for too long.

I can't imagine how, unless there are some isolated/hidden pockets along that trail, or they were buried and recently uncovered, or something.

The way they're described as "scattered in the area" makes me think somebody moved them from somewhere else.

scattered usually means that the remains were disturbed by animals scavenging the deceased's body.

I can't imagine how, unless there are some isolated/hidden pockets along that trail, or they were buried and recently uncovered, or something.

The way they're described as "scattered in the area" makes me think somebody moved them from somewhere else.

scattered usually means that the remains were disturbed by animals scavenging the deceased's body.

I know usually it does, but we were commenting that it doesn't look like an area where a body could lie undiscovered for long enough to become bones to be scattered. Very public crowded are. I know it has happened, though, so that might be it.

that looks like an area that would get periodically mowed down- that is why I don't think they would have been there too long. But since I don't know the exact location- I could be wrong.

Interesting. Just goes to show how misleading Google views can be.

Your link gives West Lincoln Avenue. The news story says North Lincoln Avenue. When I look at North Lincoln Avenue on google maps, it seems to be a tiny section of the street in between two bits of East Lincoln Avenue. 900 N Lincoln Avenue as a search puts the pointer on East Lincoln Avenue. Google has something weird happening, or the streets themselves are odd or the news story in not accurate.

But going by what the terrain looks like, with bits of largish branches bleached out on the ground, I think the actual homeless-camping spot is a bit further down the bike track, in the more wild area. Far enough off the road to be hard for a police car to access, some dense scrub cover to hide them from concerned locals, and a watercourse for washing in. Perfect. And when I zoom into the spot where roadway, bikeway and waterway are closest, I even see a spot of blue that is the same color as many cheap tarpaulins.

Your link gives West Lincoln Avenue. The news story says North Lincoln Avenue. When I look at North Lincoln Avenue on google maps, it seems to be a tiny section of the street in between two bits of East Lincoln Avenue. 900 N Lincoln Avenue as a search puts the pointer on East Lincoln Avenue. Google has something weird happening, or the streets themselves are odd or the news story in not accurate.

But going by what the terrain looks like, with bits of largish branches bleached out on the ground, I think the actual homeless-camping spot is a bit further down the bike track, in the more wild area. Far enough off the road to be hard for a police car to access, some dense scrub cover to hide them from concerned locals, and a watercourse for washing in. Perfect. And when I zoom into the spot where roadway, bikeway and waterway are closest, I even see a spot of blue that is the same color as many cheap tarpaulins.

Thanks for catching that. Google is definitely weird about the address. I spelled out "North" instead of using the N abbreviation -- with just N it put the marker in a different spot. Egad. Now I'm dizzy :D

Yes, that spot does look like the one in the photos and video.

I asked webrocket to start this thread as I am a newbie, and I'm very grateful he/she did, thank you. I also contacted CarlK90245 earlier today about an UID with a distinctive mushroom tattoo. What I hadn't realized, and CarlK90245 researched, is that these remains and the UID I sent him the link to are so very close together, geographically.

Could there be a link? Coincidence?

CA CA - S El Monte, WhtFem UP11394, 21-45, @Whittier Narrows Dam-Mushroom Tattoo, Apr'13 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I joined because of Maribel Ramos, I live in SoCal and had no idea just how many go missing/UID every year. Now, I hope I can help in any way I can. I guess I just wanted to let you all know where I'm coming from. I sincerely hope these poor people are identified and justice is served, if foul play is involved and closure for all those families who don't know what happened to a loved one.

that looks like an area that would get periodically mowed down- that is why I don't think they would have been there too long. But since I don't know the exact location- I could be wrong.

I know this area very well, as I ride this trail once a week for my weekly training ride. This part of the trail where the remains were found is a wooded area and it doesn't surprise me that remains were found here. I've seen evidence of people living in this area and seen clothes thrown across the trail.
As for the remains being there for some time, if the remains were just of the trail a cyclist would of spotted them early on because this is a popular cycling path. But it appears a cyclist found the remains inside a bush near the path.

If anyone finds any updates and I'm not here, can you let us know on the Bob Harrod thread?

Just an aside, but I think the cyclist may have stopped to go for a wee in a bush, and that is how this poor person was discovered. Hidden like that in a bush (unless there was tarp or possessions) I'd think it was homicide, unless there was tarp or possessions to indicate a living place/space, and maybe natural death.

Age and the availability of dentals almost certainly rule out any possibility this is Bob, I think.

Aaagh, dentals not available, and this UID had a partial denture.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back