MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To thank and encourage those who have begun to undertake real research in this forum and elsewhere.

DAH
Date of Birth: 07/30/1947

Attachments

• DAH01.jpg
    DAH01.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 130
thanks for getting the picture of DAH up there! I think research on top of brainstorming will crack this case.

I had a thought regarding Philip Meemken's picture resembling the drawing of the suspect in Jared's case. Would it be possible that his father or an older brother or uncle would be a closer match to the drawing-especially by age? I have noticed in life that not everybody goes by their given name.....I am hung up on that name 'Lou' and looking for any connection to the characters in this tragedy.....

DAH looks so average in that picture. Who would guess what a monster he is.

CGorg, you are really interested in this Lou.

Maybe you can figure out how to get a hold of Diane Muehlburger and ask her the story.

I am sure with all of the internet tools out there, she can easily be found.

Boy that Meemken sure looks like the sketch for Jared's abductor. The mouth and chin and ears!

Maybe someone can ask Joy to ask Jared if he has seen Meemken.

DAH looks so average in that picture. Who would guess what a monster he is.

CGorg, you are really interested in this Lou.

Maybe you can figure out how to get a hold of Diane Muehlburger and ask her the story.

I am sure with all of the internet tools out there, she can easily be found.

human...you are most perceptive. And I AM most interested in this 'Lou'. He is either a real person or a red herring. Would like to know either way so as to move on. IMHO, my thesis is that he is the center of the pinwheel.

marusanu.jpg

nu5ymenu.jpg

human...you are most perceptive. And I AM most interested in this 'Lou'. He is either a real person or a red herring. Would like to know either way so as to move on. IMHO, my thesis is that he is the center of the pinwheel.

Personally, I think it is all fake.

Diane says that she knows the name of the person and won't reveal it.

Um hm. A child is missing for all of these years and she won't reveal a name.

Phony faker who wants attention.

They are always involved in missing kids cases. You can read all about them on WS.

So many crazies out there!

human...what makes you think the tapes are all fake? just curious if you've listened to them and how you came to your conclusion?

Yes, I have listened to them.

There have been disclaimers wbout them on the net.

You will have to find the info yourself because I can say whatever I want. You have to come to your own conclusions.

The biggest eye opener for me was the Kyron Horman case and the extents to which people had fake information out there. Many people making up stuff with secret blogs with fake information because they were "in the know".

I have seen this on other cases as well now that I am aware of it.

There are sites that have fake info about Jacob, like he was at the Abbey a lot.

Brenda Bahner recanted her story.

If LE wanted a scapegoat, DAH is a divine one. The Bahners are fabulous.

So why DR? He is not a good choice for a scapegoat.

Good job. Well respected family. The money to hire attorneys if need be to sue LE for defamation.

Makes no sense. LE has info we do not have. Pages and pages and pages of info.

Ben and his father? Really? Eyewitnesses are enough for circumstanial evidence to start looking, especially with the Bahner history. Nope. LE prefers DR. Why? Because the Bahners are so rich and powerful?

yes, there are people who create wild stories and put them on the internet. Then there are people who tell stories on the internet that are true. I think LE should verify this Ben person who saw RB at the scene and talk to MB to verify if the tapes have any truth to them. We can only go on what was said on the tapes and their arrest records. Until we have more info, I am in the middle. The arrest records have first degree sexual misconduct which according to definition must have involved a child under 13, penetration, use of a weapon and force.
https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=609.342

this is from the link above (bolded by me)
2012 Minnesota Statutes
609.342 CRIMINAL SEXUAL CONDUCT IN THE FIRST DEGREE.

Subdivision 1.Crime defined.A person who engages in sexual penetration with another person, or in sexual contact with a person under 13 years of age as defined in section 609.341, subdivision 11, paragraph (c), is guilty of criminal sexual conduct in the first degree if any of the following circumstances exists:
(a) the complainant is under 13 years of age and the actor is more than 36 months older than the complainant. Neither mistake as to the complainant's age nor consent to the act by the complainant is a defense;

(b) the complainant is at least 13 years of age but less than 16 years of age and the actor is more than 48 months older than the complainant and in a position of authority over the complainant. Neither mistake as to the complainant's age nor consent to the act by the complainant is a defense;

(c) circumstances existing at the time of the act cause the complainant to have a reasonable fear of imminent great bodily harm to the complainant or another;

(d) the actor is armed with a dangerous weapon or any article used or fashioned in a manner to lead the complainant to reasonably believe it to be a dangerous weapon and uses or threatens to use the weapon or article to cause the complainant to submit;

(e) the actor causes personal injury to the complainant, and either of the following circumstances exist:

(i) the actor uses force or coercion to accomplish sexual penetration; or

(ii) the actor knows or has reason to know that the complainant is mentally impaired, mentally incapacitated, or physically helpless;

(f) the actor is aided or abetted by one or more accomplices within the meaning of section 609.05, and either of the following circumstances exists:

(i) an accomplice uses force or coercion to cause the complainant to submit; or

(ii) an accomplice is armed with a dangerous weapon or any article used or fashioned in a manner to lead the complainant reasonably to believe it to be a dangerous weapon and uses or threatens to use the weapon or article to cause the complainant to submit;

(g) the actor has a significant relationship to the complainant and the complainant was under 16 years of age at the time of the sexual penetration. Neither mistake as to the complainant's age nor consent to the act by the complainant is a defense; or

(h) the actor has a significant relationship to the complainant, the complainant was under 16 years of age at the time of the sexual penetration, and:

(i) the actor or an accomplice used force or coercion to accomplish the penetration;

(ii) the complainant suffered personal injury; or

(iii) the sexual abuse involved multiple acts committed over an extended period of time.

Neither mistake as to the complainant's age nor consent to the act by the complainant is a defense.

Perverts don't think. They act.

Since the boys were out in a totally unexpected time , there could not be much planning.

See an opportunity. Take it!

There were so many outbuildings at that farm.

Or he could have taken Jacob to the Abbey.

Molesters are brazen.

Look at Austin Sigg or Tyler Holder.

Tyler took a neighbor child right in broad daylight around 2:30 PM. It worked out for him that her parents did not start looking for her for hours.

I wonder if he would have been caught if he didn't do all of the stupid things he did to be noticed

I agree, and I think DR is the best suspect. My frustration lies more so in what happened after DR took Jacob, assuming that's what happened. If it was an unplanned abduction (which I think it was), DR is thinking on the fly. Of course, he could have plotted things out in advance, for what he might do in such a situation. But still, he has to find a place to take Jacob (leaving no evidence), molest him (leaving no evidence), and then kill him/get rid of him (leaving no evidence) knowing all the while that the cops were on their way to swarm the property. Is this possible?

It just makes me think there had to have been some evidence, or that Jacob was right there under LE's noses the entire time! I have not forgotten how badly LE screwed things up. I know the supposed car threw them off for awhile, but if DR did in fact do it, it is just baffling how he's gotten away with it for this long. :banghead:

Or, there was another person involved, which is a theory I'm becoming more and more interested in.

On another note, can we make anything of the fact that the kidnapper didn't kill the other two boys?

One reason for this might be that the gun was a fake--perhaps a gun used at track meets to signal a start, as suggested over the years by several other posters.

Another reason might be that the kidnapper didn't want to leave any evidence tying him to the crime, like shell casings or bullets linked to a gun he may own. He may not want LE to focus on the bodies/scene of the crime. He may not want gunshots to be heard.

Another reason might be that the kidnapper is not a murderer. But, if this was a solo act, we can assume the kidnapper probably killed Jacob. I hate to admit this, but it is the most likely outcome. Why not shoot the other two kids, buying yourself more time?

What can we draw from trying to profile these decisions and actions? The kidnapper leaves two living witnesses. Admittedly, they are scared kids. And he's wearing a mask. The kidnapper knows he can get away quickly. This is one thing that makes me think it's DR. He can disappear into the house or the buildings quickly. He knows the property.

What do the kidnapper's decisions that night tell us?

DAH's criminal sexual record starts Jan 1990 to May 1990. In May he was ordered to prison for 64 months (over 5 years). His record was 2nd 3rd and 4th degree. Kandiyohi county in the beginning of 1990 and Stearns County for the May charge. He was then civilly committed in Feb 1996. I wouldn't rule him out yet either, but it looks like he was near Willmar (Kandiyohi) when Jacob was abducted.

DR had one traffic ticket in 2010

Looks like Meemken went to high school at Sartell HS in MN. Can we get ahold of a HS yearbook or microfiche of senior photos? Am I right that he would have been 19 in 1989?

Looks like Meemken went to high school at Sartell HS in MN. Can we get ahold of a HS yearbook or microfiche of senior photos? Am I right that he would have been 19 in 1989?

I have never used it, but there is some kind of paid site for yearbooks.

Whi knows if it is a rip off or not

JBrown, LE would know way more about the Bahner's than we ever would.

Don't you think LE has been informed about them over and over and over agsin?

Recall the post about the FBI agent who has the book--Graber.

He said that they had arrested a guy for Jared and let him go . They had him on a ton of other crimes.

So, I am thinking it is DAH because I can think of no one else that was arrested about that time.

Does anyone know of anyone else?

Does anyone want to contact Graber and ask him?

Human, you would think they would have been at the top of their list of suspects given their records. I have no idea why LE isn't looking more closely at them. Maybe because RB sr died and Jr and MB moved away. I don't know what LE knows or doesn't know. I wish I did. But given the quality of their work on this case and others (sarcasm), I wouldn't put it past them that they haven't even been looked at yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744