GUILTY VA - Vanessa Pham, 19, found murdered, Fairfax County, 27 June 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was shocked when I read about this new development. I think about what I would have done had I been in her position, with a man holding a baby saying he needed to get to the hospital. The hospital is just a mile or two down the street. I think I would have done what she did...and I hate that because of this guy, I will now think twice. This world we live in...

I once gave a ride to a man with a small child who had been injured (hit in the head with a swing at a playground). He had walked his daughter to the park and didn't have a car. You don't think, you just do. I hope I don't start thinking too much now. :(

BBM - Or, it could indicate that the person doesn't have the money to pay for those "regulations" but still needs to drive their car to work.

I can see checking a person's immigration status (and deporting them) if they've been convicted of a crime; not just arrested for "anything". What a can of worms!!

I assumed they already did this when they run your tags, etc. Doesn't everyone who gets pulled over get a "background check"?

Hi SM - not sure about the PM link? How can I help?So glad they made an arrest! Not the guy who tried to pull me over.
In March (I can find the actual date through email messages if needed), an older green (not manufacturer green, but aftermarket paint of some sort) SUV tried to get me to pull over on 29N in the same area and when I didn't, tried to run me off the road into a ditch. I have a smaller car and it wouldn't have been good.

I braked very hard, swerved around the SUV and then hit the gas, flooring it and praying a cop would pull me over. No cell service in that area on 29 and I have both nextel and at&t phones for emergencies. Absolutely NO license plates on the vehicle. I think it was one of the first generation chevy SUV's.

The officer and I lost connection about 10 times and we kept calling each other back. I was very impressed with how seriously they took it...only because I'm from Miami and that sort of thing has happened to me once before (live in VA, though). A relative made me call police, telling me it could be very important for them to know in case any other crimes have occurred (her son is in LE in VA). You'd think as a WS member I would have, but I just wanted to get home first. Glad I called now. Had never heard about the 29 stalker until a I got home - I just moved to VA last year. Family was shaken.

I gave them the best description I could...don't know if I should post it here.

This is eerily similar...although I wasn't in a parking lot. I will go over my bank statements for that day as well and see if I stopped anywhere on 29. Interesting.

(Another thing - I look a lot younger than I am. When I thought about that event the next day, I guessed the person must have assumed I was young and would have pulled over, assuming something was wrong with my car. He pointed at me/my car but I'm not sure why. I knew nothing was wrong, first off - I've been driving quite a long time...and secondly, I wouldn't pull over until my car wouldn't go any further in that situation.)

Hoping this helps in any way, although the police already know about it, I think the public should, too.

Edited to remove description of person driving the vehicle (i'm not sure if that would jeopardize their investigation)

Vanessa Pham

pham1.png
link

Vanessa Pham murder trial begins

FAIRFAX, Va. -
Opening statements began Monday in the trial of the man accused of killing local college student Vanessa Pham more than three years ago.

Julio Blanco Garcia is accused of stabbing Pham to death after smoking PCP.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/23169836/vanessa-pham-murder-trial-to-begin#axzz2cSIL0dgF

Opening statements begin at 1:30 p.m. Monday in the 2010 murder of a Fairfax County teenager.

A jury was selected Monday in the trial of Julio Blanco Garcia, which is expected to last two weeks.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...n-in-Vanessa-Pham-Murder-Trial-220177111.html

Blanco Garcia, 27, of Falls Church, is facing a murder charge in the fatal stabbing of the popular college freshman from Falls Church as the two drove in her Toyota Scion on June 27, 2010. Blanco Garcia, who was carrying his infant daughter that day, had asked Pham for a ride to the hospital, court papers say.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...5ea16a-0106-11e3-96a8-d3b921c0924a_story.html

:sos:
I watched the first three videos of day 1 of the trial. Then nothing :dunno:
Any one know where I can find more trial video?

TIA

Court is back in session at the #phamtrial. Follow that hashtag and @ABC7Kris for the latest. Video comes later on @NewsChannel8.

Can't access the videos on my allegedly smart tv. It ain't THAT smart //;($:)/&3&4!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back